Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Isla in a nutshell.

They're really pushing the humane emotions in this series tbh. Was kinda amusing seeing how she was doing business though. I also feel like the shorter time she has left, the less durable she is.

Quite a moment between Isla and Tsukasa though. I take it more as her way of expressing wanting to not wanting to go. Nice. Grats Tsukasa.

Jun 6, 2015 9:31 AM

Mar 2014
That was a very beautiful ending. Finally Isla opened up.

But if the series is gonna end in a way that will result in something bad happening to Isla then I'm gonna flip some major shit.
Jun 6, 2015 10:00 AM

Nov 2013
Holy shit that was an emotional rollercoaster.
Isla actually showed anger!
And the end to that episode, with Isla's confession, was fucking perfect. One of the best I've seen in any anime.

I say this every week, but this is one of my favorite anime already. I'll be really stumped to let it go.

Now all we have is 3 more weeks. ;_;

DesuTronic said:
But if the series is gonna end in a way that will result in something bad happening to Isla then I'm gonna flip some major shit.

Something bad will definitely happen, I can see it, and I'm ready. And if something good actually does happen, even better.

If you want manga/doujins translated, PM me and if it looks interesting I'll do it.
Jun 6, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2008
Am I the only one who thinks that the show started on a good note with an interesting concept, and lots of stuff to explore and it threw it all away for a bittersweet tearjerker story?
絶対大丈夫だよ

Jun 6, 2015 10:37 AM

Mar 2014
Lain_ said:
Am I the only one who thinks that the show started on a good note with an interesting concept, and lots of stuff to explore and it threw it all away for a bittersweet tearjerker story?

There could indeed be another anime with a similar plot but more focused on the runaway androids.

Insti said:
Something bad will definitely happen, I can see it, and I'm ready. And if something good actually does happen, even better.

Something bad better not happen...
Jun 6, 2015 10:54 AM

Nov 2013
Lain_ said:

I definitely do see that this anime is lacking a LOT of world building. I would definitely love to know more about the Plamemo universe as it seems very interesting. Here's hoping there'll be a second season that expands on these things (which is highly unlikely) or spin-off manga/LNs.

If you want manga/doujins translated, PM me and if it looks interesting I'll do it.
Jun 6, 2015 11:31 AM

Jul 2010
Kazuki's affection for Isla was quite powerful in this episode.

Kazuki getting ticked off from the car was entertaining, to not even get just a little intimidated when the mafia stands before her.

Glad that putting some distance between them worked wonders, of course with Kazuki being straight out with her feelings regarding the situation.

It really is nice to be able to be selfish. Isla returning Tsubasa's confession was great.

First episode seemed like it was only yesterday... and now the ending is somewhat near...
Jun 6, 2015 11:31 AM
Mar 2014
Insti said:
Lain_ said:

I definitely do see that this anime is lacking a LOT of world building. I would definitely love to know more about the Plamemo universe as it seems very interesting. Here's hoping there'll be a second season that expands on these things (which is highly unlikely) or spin-off manga/LNs.

i am conflicted cuse i like both kind of storys and this one fit both vary well
Jun 6, 2015 11:32 AM

Jan 2012
Another emotionally powerful outing, climaxing with Isla's confession. Kazuki turned out to be far more caring and understanding than I was expecting. A good episode, but even with such a happy climax the somber atmosphere never quite manages to leave completely.

Lain_ said:

I have mixed feelings on it. Just reading the description months ago I figured we would get something like this, and it turned me off. I went with it anyway though and the bittersweet story has...had ups and downs.
animefan8800Jun 6, 2015 11:35 AM
Jun 6, 2015 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
So that's why Constance had an hourglass. To accurately measure the time for making perfect tea.

You would think an android would have an internal clock already built in.

Jun 6, 2015 11:37 AM

Sep 2012
Vroom vroom motherfucker here come the feels.
Oh god who are you people?
Jun 6, 2015 11:38 AM

Feb 2013
What a beautiful chapter. Just 3 more to go...
Jun 6, 2015 11:38 AM

Aug 2014
This is getting too easy to handle..
Jun 6, 2015 11:39 AM

Apr 2015
Isla tells Tsukasa how she feels about him. Pretty emotional this episode. Something major will probably happen in the next, so I'm looking forward to it.
Jun 6, 2015 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
Beautiful episode. That ending. 5/5 like always.
rsc-plJun 6, 2015 11:46 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 6, 2015 11:41 AM

Jul 2012
That was such a nice moment with Isla saying how she really feels.
Jun 6, 2015 11:42 AM
Mar 2015
Damn man, the last episode and majority of this episode was the darkness before dawn. Feels galore. This is just making it harder to think about isla leaving. Damn these allergies.
Jun 6, 2015 11:46 AM

May 2013
Aww tears of joy after that ending. Good episode.
Jun 6, 2015 12:01 PM

Aug 2010
Damn! Isla showed so much emotions this ep :O The confession was really cute <3
So is this the happiness before the storm of upcoming sadness? D:

Loved seeing her working too. She's actually really good ^^ The scene with the yakuza guys was lol XD

Totally didn't expect Sherry to start crying like that XD
Barion-ZaraJun 6, 2015 12:37 PM
Jun 6, 2015 12:03 PM

Mar 2015
That was pretty cute, wonder how this will end.
Jun 6, 2015 12:08 PM

Mar 2015
Someone had confetti ready, they knew it was gonna happen some day to some one.
Jun 6, 2015 12:16 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
You know....i actually think i would prefer a happy ending between them now. I hope, they can figure something out.

Constance is a bro.

Also dem Sherry tears! :o
Jun 6, 2015 12:22 PM

Jul 2014
Well, looks like Kazuki's actions were well justified after all. This show has had a lot of episodes with emotional power in them, but this was almst certainly one of the most powerful. For one thing, it was quite a surprise to see Isla getting so angry as Kazuki in the car park. That end scene really made it all worth it though. Definitely my favourite moment of this show so far.

Now that there's only three episodes left, I wonder just how depressing this is going to get, especially in that final episode. Damn it, I want there to be a happy ending for them, but I just don't see how it's possible.
Jun 6, 2015 12:31 PM
Apr 2010
I enjoyed that moment of Isla wanting to punch Kazuki
Jun 6, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2010
Michiru losing ten kilo's, that must have been pretty severe seeing as she probably is pretty light to start with.
It really makes me wonder what Kazuki's does to be feared so much.

I also wonder about the clients seeing as this would mean the teams change back again.
And judging the calibre of clients this time.
Jun 6, 2015 12:41 PM
Jul 2012
This anime has potential especially with 3 more episodes left hopefully they don't make some sorta miracle ending that could potentially ruin the series.
Jun 6, 2015 12:52 PM

Jan 2013
I find it funny how confetti was all ready and all for this. Pretty heartwarming episode though.
Plastic Feels incoming.
Jun 6, 2015 1:02 PM

Feb 2012
Lain_ said:

I feel the same way and am quite disappointed.

Jun 6, 2015 1:08 PM

Mar 2015
Cute episode - which has me so sad for the end of the season. But with that being said...

weiquan1 said:
Lain_ said:

I feel the same way and am quite disappointed.

I can also count myself as slightly disappointed. I was interested in seeing more action with the retrievals, perhaps some cool technology. I don't know. It definitely hasn't turned in to what I was expecting.
Jun 6, 2015 1:08 PM

Aug 2014
I just finished watching this. I can't stop crying. I've been crushed by the feels train.
I hope this ends the way it is supposed to end. I'd love a happy ending, but it shouldn't happen. This episode was beautiful!

This, was the hardest thing for me to hear/see. Yet, it was obvious.
isvakJun 6, 2015 1:15 PM

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Jun 6, 2015 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode ! Now going 3 episodes having them fun , making memories and ending everything in we know which way.. ( Probably)
Jun 6, 2015 1:12 PM

Oct 2014
TRAGEDY INC.
Jun 6, 2015 1:12 PM
Dec 2014
They're going to pull a shitty ending,i bet,im still recovering from "You Lie In April" ;-;
Jun 6, 2015 1:20 PM

Jan 2010
Meh its a tad bit better but I smell a Shigatsu ending drama forced ending and I don't like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2015 1:20 PM

Jun 2013
why the need of tears every fucking epîsode you could have been better but instead you opted out for some tear jearking story that's not even that good
Jun 6, 2015 1:33 PM

Nov 2011
im fine with just the story of Isla and no plot.
Beautiful episode made me bawl my heart out
I will be by Isla side until the very end.
Hate Keeps me warm
Jun 6, 2015 1:37 PM

Jun 2012
Very nice episode, cutest confession ever!
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Jun 6, 2015 1:40 PM

Oct 2014
Isla confessed <3333

yes yes yes, almost made me tear up and the feels train hadn't even left the station, now I'm just waiting for it to hit me

This is going to be painful but amazing
Jun 6, 2015 1:49 PM

Feb 2015
That ending was perfect, so beautiful. Too bad is likely that we will have our hearts broken by the end of the show, but well, I'm ready for it.
Jun 6, 2015 2:10 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ryuku-Tsukuyomi said:
Meh its a tad bit better but I smell a Shigatsu ending drama forced ending and I don't like that.

Good ole Shigatsu hate, it will never stop, won't it?
Jun 6, 2015 2:11 PM

Apr 2014
Oh god there are 3 episodes left

I can just imagine the feels fest

Jun 6, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
Smudy said:
Ryuku-Tsukuyomi said:

Good ole Shigatsu hate, it will never stop, won't it?

Haters gonna hate

Jun 6, 2015 2:26 PM

Jun 2014
Quite a bit better than most recent episode but still missing lot of world building, but it is still enjoyable.

Is it me or Zack had some kind of weird expression before the confession and then he started going happy-go-lucky at the ED scene?
Jun 6, 2015 2:31 PM

Apr 2011
Damn the feels at the end so strong....
Jun 6, 2015 2:33 PM

Feb 2015
Lain_ said:

This is my first post. Cool.

I think that it could've kept the bittersweet tearjerker story if the show had more balance. Episode 5 introduced to us the black market retrievers but never explained what they planned to do or brought them up later. The episode following that makes references to last episode's events but really doesn't go further than that, in the case of expanding the world. Character wise, I think that episode did pretty good.

The show didn't have time to introduce more than the basic concepts of it's world if it wanted the focus to be on the romance at the end. The earlier episodes introduced to us the world these characters lived in, the basics of their jobs, and planted some seeds for character development later. The middle episodes developed these characters but lagged on world building. The latest episodes have focused primarily on Tsukasa and Isla, other characters reactions to their relationship (as well as advice or criticism), and the job at Terminal Service remains background events in the bigger scope of things ie. their relationship.

I think the show did have lots of cool things to explore and an interesting concept but I don't think it threw anything away when it never bothered to really develop and grow any of these ideas in the first place.

How long have androids been involved with the human population? Do people object to there being androids that, if not retrieved in time, could go berserk and attack innocents? (They said it's a rarity but... yeah) What is the social services standpoint on androids raising humans? Would denying them the right to raise a child if they are capable be a violation of their rights? They've been said to have human rights but what's the limitations of that, if any? Why is it 9 years and kaput? Is it a manufacturing limitation or is the company creating them to eventually die and be replaced/upgraded?

Those are questions that would've been answered if that was the show's focus but it isn't. I'm not complaining though. I liked what I got. Even if some parts drag on too long.
Jun 6, 2015 2:36 PM

Feb 2012
Even for moe tragedy, this show really loves to chicken out at its most crucial moments, doesn't it?
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Jun 6, 2015 2:49 PM

Apr 2014
The feel is strong in this episode.
Kazuki at the start of the episode really piss me off, but as the episode goes on it subsided.
Isla isn't good with an angry face...she should always have that shy face of her on.
Isla finally say what she meant...finally.
So after watching this episode...is Tsukasa going to renew Isla(with a new life span)? Guess not huh...
Jun 6, 2015 3:06 PM

Feb 2014
Finally! I'm so happy Isla finally told her feeling to Tsukasa! 10/10 episode
Jun 6, 2015 3:07 PM
Feb 2015
Yay they are finally together!!! That confession was pretty intense, I love it!!! Kazuki was great, she really cares for isla and trusts tsukasa. She just need to stop drinking xD

Sadly this isn't the end of the anime, we still have some sad moments left... :(
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 6, 2015 3:11 PM

Jun 2013
I am so happy for them! :D
Time for them to reel in the feels! D:
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

534 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

547 by Penguinu »»
Jan 16, 2:07 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.