Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2015 10:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol Isshiki. She still has time to make some jokes even after what happened.

Some cute moments this episode though. I liked how they used the first OP theme song (from the first season) for the Christmas theme montage.

Pretty fun episode :3 until the second half.

Oh and I also somewhat unrelated but Yahari is getting more games. Nice.

Jun 4, 2015 10:11 AM

Nov 2007
He had to accompany the girl who just got broken hearted. With his suggestion, they began to speak out. Wow @ what Yukinoshita said. That girl who was in the same junior high as the main guy starts to fond of and talk to him as a friend. Season 1 OP during the event, which it went well.

New year, then Yukinoshita's b-day. Meeting her sister and the popular guy when shopping for it. Awkward moment when they saw the mother and asked about her b-day.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 4, 2015 10:20 AM

May 2015
Ep 10 is fucking good, but i see Yukion is closer to 8man, and I'm fan Yui, that hurt !!!!!!
Jun 4, 2015 10:24 AM

Apr 2013
Keiko = insta 10/10

Jun 4, 2015 10:25 AM

Feb 2015
Stark700 said:

More games? Where? When? Where? Where?! When?!!
Jun 4, 2015 10:28 AM
Jun 2013
Fawkey said:
Stark700 said:

This. Source plz. Nvm, found it.

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1433438224030.jpg
Jun 4, 2015 10:35 AM

May 2015
snarlmane said:
Fawkey said:

This. Source plz. Nvm, found it.

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1433438224030.jpg

this is novel game, and it will have Japanese, don't think it will have English version :))
Jun 4, 2015 10:37 AM

Aug 2014
Omg, stop with the soft episodes and get on with the drama already. Come on FEEL, you have two episodes left. Don't make us regret your rush.
llewerafJun 4, 2015 10:44 AM
Jun 4, 2015 11:02 AM
Mar 2015
Crips said:
Omg, stop with the soft episodes and get on with the drama already. Come on FEEL, you have two episodes left. Don't make us regret your rush.

13 episode season.
Jun 4, 2015 11:05 AM

Apr 2014
what already 5 dislikes 😨
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jun 4, 2015 11:13 AM

Mar 2014
5 people hated it? They must really not know what a good anime is.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jun 4, 2015 11:21 AM

Apr 2015
Don't see why people are so ready to dismiss this episode. I mean sure the last two episodes weren't very dramatic but that's just how it goes. You can't expect them to throw in drama for every episode. Personally I liked what they did here. I thought they might have rushed things since this covers the end of Volume 9 as well as the first two chapters of Volume 10 but they pretty much animated all the important parts.

The subtle character and personality changes in Yukino are much more apparent now and we are seeing more of Iroha's true colors as she opens up more to 8man. This is all important for the contents of Volume 10 so just skipping to the drama wouldn't make any sense in the first place.
Jun 4, 2015 11:37 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ughh, they rushed this so bad. A montage for the whole christmas festival proceedings? They just meshed together the end of vol. 9 and the beginning of 10 in a completely forced manner. Why couldn't they keep them separate?

At least we got to see Keika even if just for an instant. And the scene with Yukino and Hachiman in the subway was well handled.

Yukino's mom is exactly as I imagined her. She is the final boss indeed.
FarabeufJun 4, 2015 11:58 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 4, 2015 11:53 AM

Oct 2014
omg they rushing this at light speed !
Well FEEL did a good job here :

Also we get to see Kawasaki's sister that is a win-win. They rushed the Yui shopping really quickly though.
Lets hope the last 3 eps wraps this season perfectly :D

A_Lonely_Jedi said:

> Well the Yui shippers and Yukino hate cult does this stuff. They rushed through Hachiman and Yui awaited shopping scenes so I expected some people would vent.
IizyJun 4, 2015 11:56 AM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jun 4, 2015 11:58 AM

Jan 2011
Nikodead said:
Ep 10 is fucking good, but i see Yukion is closer to 8man, and I'm fan Yui, that hurt !!!!!!

Well, we got to see the best features of Yui this episode, what more do you want :D
Jun 4, 2015 12:14 PM

Apr 2015
Iizbakaokay said:
omg they rushing this at light speed !
Well FEEL did a good job here :

Also we get to see Kawasaki's sister that is a win-win. They rushed the Yui shopping really quickly though.
Lets hope the last 3 eps wraps this season perfectly :D

A_Lonely_Jedi said:

> Well the Yui shippers and Yukino hate cult does this stuff. They rushed through Hachiman and Yui awaited shopping scenes so I expected some people would vent.

I think they are just rushing now so that they can slow down for the rest of Volume 10. Now that we are already at chapter 2 of Volume 10, I think doing this volume in 3 episodes should be easy without skipping much or anything at all.
Jun 4, 2015 12:22 PM
May 2015
i cant blame the people that gonna dislike this episode, they rush through everything, a lot of the scenes and dialogues we're skipped, some of the scenes animated fell awkward, the memorandum could have be handed better and so on. Seriously guys if i didn't love oregairu so much, i would hate this adaptacion soo much....and guess what, it seems were heading to a anime original ending.
PD: and with all that, those Yukinon scenes were gold xD
Jun 4, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2015
JCEO96 said:
i cant blame the people that gonna dislike this episode, they rush through everything, a lot of the scenes and dialogues we're skipped, some of the scenes animated fell awkward, the memorandum could have be handed better and so on. Seriously guys if i didn't love oregairu so much, i would hate this adaptacion soo much....and guess what, it seems were heading to a anime original ending.

What makes you think it's gonna be anime original? Honestly curious.
Jun 4, 2015 1:18 PM

Jan 2015
I don't care about the rushing of content I got my Iroha scene at the beginning. Iroha best girl now and forever.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 4, 2015 1:27 PM
May 2015
appu1232 said:
JCEO96 said:

the next episode title indicate that they will practically cover all volume 10 minus its ending, they still need to do two more episodes, even if they adapt volume 10.5 i doubt its enough material, so it's either a random invented story that leads up to season 3 or original ending, i hope i'm wrong
Jun 4, 2015 1:29 PM

May 2015
Even though they quite rushed it, I really think they pulled this episode off nonetheless. The last part with Yukino's mom really made me nervous. Hopefully the remaining episodes they'll slow down a bit once again.

Jun 4, 2015 1:49 PM

Aug 2011
Isshiki Iroha can't be this cute...
'kay the "sekinin totte kudasai ne" is gold she's best girl to me now.
Jun 4, 2015 1:49 PM

Apr 2015
JCEO96 said:
appu1232 said:

the next episode title indicate that they will practically cover all volume 10 minus its ending, they still need to do two more episodes, even if they adapt volume 10.5 i doubt its enough material, so it's either a random invented story that leads up to season 3 or original ending, i hope i'm wrong

Oh I see. I'm not sure they would want to do an anime original though on the off chance that there will be a season 3. My guess is they'll finish Volume 10 and maybe do parts of 10.5 and then maybe something else in the LN....hopefully. Really would not want an anime original ending...
appu1232Jun 4, 2015 1:56 PM
Jun 4, 2015 2:23 PM

Apr 2014
this pacing is fine.
the pacing of the first season was rushed and there was nobody complaining.
props to feel they did the scenes really fine.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jun 4, 2015 2:44 PM

Nov 2007
I wish I didn't watch the episode when I was this tired! =_=

The episode seemed to have gone by a flash. All I can remember are Iroha, the opening song from season 1, and then Yukino's mother appearing in the end.

I will re-watch the episode later to chip in my actual thoughts. /me collapses.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 4, 2015 2:49 PM

Dec 2014
Farabeuf said:
Ughh, they rushed this so bad. A montage for the whole christmas festival proceedings? They just meshed together the end of vol. 9 and the beginning of 10 in a completely forced manner. Why couldn't they keep them separate?

At least we got to see Keika even if just for an instant. And the scene with Yukino and Hachiman in the subway was well handled.

Yukino's mom is exactly as I imagined her. She is the final boss indeed.

tbh the actual christmas event wasn't that important. The whole event was so Hachiman could get some significant character development, which we already got in the last couple episodes. No need for extraneous stuff that doesn't contribute to the overall main story, despite it being canon.
I need sleep.
Jun 4, 2015 3:14 PM
Jan 2015
Eh, I agree that some of the transitions were abrupt and not well explained. (Especially the shrine visit. If you didn't read the novels, you'd have no clue why they were there.)

That said, they showed all of the most important scenes, even if some were cut shorter than their novel equivalent. This is my filthy bias, but I'm glad Yukino got pretty much the majority of the dialogue scenes. Not to brush Yui to the side, but the only thing she had going for her in these chapters was the shopping with Hachiman, and that wasn't even a dialogue scene.

Oh.. Also, a few scenes were not as I imagined them. Hachiman's conversation with Rumi was much cuter than I expected after reading it. Also, Yukino's reaction to Komachi's "Gomi-chan, Hachiman!" was cute too. I almost felt like she was more contemplative about it in the novels rather than amused, but I enjoyed how it was presented.

5/5
指が折れるまで!
Jun 4, 2015 3:24 PM
Apr 2013
LOL volume 10 blazing adaptation.
Jun 4, 2015 3:34 PM

Aug 2013
I'm glad with Irohasu scenes, but damn what the hell FEEL ? Transition from 1st half to 2nd half is pretty weird and they pretty much rushed one of the most juicy moment of Vol 10 (The Yuix8man shopping scene) -_-

Also the memorandum at the end... can't say i'm displeased with how they presented it although it lacks the mysterious nuances i got from the book.
Jun 4, 2015 4:00 PM
Jun 4, 2015 4:33 PM

Aug 2014
shanimebib said:

The episode seemed to have gone by a flash. All I can remember are Iroha, the opening song from season 1, and then Yukino's mother appearing in the end.

Not really worth the re-watch unless you want to see Yukinon's mom.
Jun 4, 2015 6:10 PM

Jan 2015
Crips said:
shanimebib said:

Not really worth the re-watch unless you want to see Yukinon's mom.

Any Iroha scene is worth a re-watch.
Jun 4, 2015 6:21 PM
Apr 2015
Memorandum - Is that short?
Yukimom - Final Boss , god dem it.
Jun 4, 2015 6:56 PM
Mar 2013
i guess it'll be up to the fanarts to complete the eyewear scene, i really wanted to see hachiman in the 2nd pair of glasses that made yui BSOD from the hotness.
Jun 4, 2015 7:08 PM

Dec 2013
10/10 series. 5/5 episode.
This episode had the best of everyone pretty much.

Irohasu joining the 8man is really good too. Can't wait for more!

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Jun 4, 2015 7:21 PM

Jun 2014
appu1232 said:
JCEO96 said:

Oh I see. I'm not sure they would want to do an anime original though on the off chance that there will be a season 3. My guess is they'll finish Volume 10 and maybe do parts of 10.5 and then maybe something else in the LN....hopefully. Really would not want an anime original ending...
Really , they are wrapping up vol 10 in the next episode? I am about to watch the raw so i don't know yet. Actually a lot of events are about to unfold they shouldn't rush anything and use the remaining 3 episodes for volume 10 alone no anime original bullshit.
Jun 4, 2015 7:29 PM

Sep 2013
My god, I can't wait to watch it!!!
Iroha looks so cute... and she's doing her best, I am so proud <3

But Yes!!!! Finally, VOLUME 10!!!
It's Yukinoshita's time to shine <3 <3 <3 you go, best girl!
Jun 4, 2015 7:29 PM

Jun 2014
BiriBiri21 said:
My god, I can't wait to watch it!!!
Iroha looks so cute... and she's doing her best, I am so proud <3

But Yes!!!! Finally, VOLUME 10!!!
It's Yukinoshita's time to shine <3 <3 <3 you go, best girl!
so true.
Jun 4, 2015 7:33 PM

Apr 2015
CutePriest said:
appu1232 said:

Really , they are wrapping up vol 10 in the next episode? I am about to watch the raw so i don't know yet. Actually a lot of events are about to unfold they shouldn't rush anything and use the remaining 3 episodes for volume 10 alone no anime original bullshit.

I mean it's not confirmed but I heard they are pretty much wrapping up Volume 10 next episode. If that's the case then I have no idea what they will do for the last two episodes. Like JCEO96 said, I don't think 10.5 has enough material, nor do I think any of the chapters are very worthy of being final episodes to the anime so an anime original is a possibility.
Only other thing I could see them doing is possibly doing part of Volume 11 to coincide with its release. If that's the case it would be pretty neat.
Jun 4, 2015 7:42 PM

Sep 2013
Huh?? Whole Volume 10 for the next episode??? That is completely too impossible.
I can only see this season ending with the INFIRMARY SCENE <3 <3

But wow, I guess they're really skipping a lot of scenes.
Erika___Jun 4, 2015 7:48 PM
Jun 4, 2015 7:44 PM

Jan 2015
personally i prefer choose yukinon, but this megane Yui look cute ,<3
----- Lock and Load -----
Jun 4, 2015 7:47 PM

Aug 2014
BiriBiri21 said:
Huh?? Whole Volume 10 for the next episode??? That is completely too impossible.
I can only see this season ending with the infirmary seen.

But wow, I guess they're really skipping a lot of scenes.

Not the whole volume. The last part of it is wrapping up though.

*Unimportant scenes
Jun 4, 2015 7:51 PM

Sep 2013
Exo_Ferret said:
personally i prefer choose yukinon, but this megane Yui look cute ,<3

WAIT till you see MEGANE YUKINOSHITA <3
Jun 4, 2015 8:03 PM

Jun 2014
Well that was a good episode , the iroha train scene and Yukino scene was brilliantly adapted. Hammering on Tamanawa was brilliantly done. Keiko finally appears ;) the event was brilliantly done with the time they had and use of season 1 OP was a great choice.The teacup scene was brilliantly done along with his monologues which conclude volume 9 ;) Although they completely skipped the Komachi and 8man scene and a lot of moments from the shrine visit (math for calculating luck!). The train scene with Yukino was good. The shopping scene was rushed as well. The meeting with Yukimom lacked the buildup it had in the LN. The scene was good but a lot of things were skipped and it lacked the impact it had on me as a reader. Again some of 8man's important monologues were skipped as well.
Want to give it 5/5 but the most important scene lacked the buildup and impact so(it was good but not as great as it was in the LN)
4/5
Jun 4, 2015 8:50 PM

Dec 2013
Jun 4, 2015 9:02 PM
May 2015
although a lot can be criticized from the episode, as a anime watcher i have a lot of fun, it could have been great but it's not disappointing at least, it still keeps good...those Yukino moments man...
Also don't take the anime original ending as a fact, its just a possibility, while reading in others forums i found a better scenario
-Episode 11: volume 10 till chapter 7
-Episode 12: end of volume 10 plus some stuff from volume 10.5
-Episode 13: Beginning of volume 11 which is released the same day the season ends
However we just need to sit and wait what studio feel is gonna deliver....cough cough *infirmary scene*
Jun 4, 2015 9:15 PM
Jul 2018
JCEO96 said:
although a lot can be criticized from the episode, as a anime watcher i have a lot of fun, it could have been great but it's not disappointing at least, it still keeps good...those Yukino moments man...
Also don't take the anime original ending as a fact, its just a possibility, while reading in others forums i found a better scenario
-Episode 13: Beginning of volume 11 which is released the same day the season ends
However we just need to sit and wait what studio feel is gonna deliver....cough cough *infirmary scene*

>11-13 will cover entire volume 10, though its kinda rushed
If 10.5 going to be adapted, it's 90% that Hikki will going out with Iroha
Jun 4, 2015 9:20 PM

Aug 2014
GrandTemplar said:
JCEO96 said:

10.5 is like an extra.. why would they waste time adapting that?
Jun 4, 2015 9:31 PM

Aug 2013
Crips said:
GrandTemplar said:

Yeah they shouldn't force all the way through Vol 10 like that. Even this episode is already too rushed for its own good.

Also 10.5 is more suitable as OVA rather than being part of TV series.
Jun 4, 2015 10:41 PM

Jan 2015
Crips said:
GrandTemplar said:

Well it seems that some parts of Vol.10.5 will be more or less related to Vol.11
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.