Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 30, 2015 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
The episode this time I liked especially the implications comedians seen during the flashback on Aldini brothers and toward the end, in his assessment of the food of Soma by the teacher; that laughter. For the rest, I was surprised only by the special breading used by Soma and just. Pleasant, but a bit dissatisfied overall, because it lasted too little this show. Always interesting people take part in this TV series.
May 30, 2015 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
I laughed when they started humming the ED while it was playing.
May 30, 2015 8:21 AM

Jan 2015
ROFL the aldini brothers are so great!

Dat humming at the end lol i knew he's going to bump into her. She's gonna be so mad next ep :D
May 30, 2015 8:49 AM

May 2013
He used that snack as breading. That was .... resourceful of him. I love the reaction of Hinako when he took that snack of hers. And of course, there was no declaration of the winner.
Souma and Erina just had to bump in to each other. What a sight that was. The humming of Souma was a little awkward though.
May 30, 2015 9:22 AM

Aug 2008
Some solid stuff here. The entire episode was fun eh. I liked how they did the ending too...

J.C. Staff delivered in Bakuman, and they sure are doing a good job with this series too :D
May 30, 2015 9:23 AM

Sep 2013
this show never ceases to entertain me. fan service and cooking, who could have known it's a combination that works
May 30, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2014
Very entertaining stuffs! been laughing the whole episode (seriously this anime would still be popular without its fanservice) I love what they did with the ED, Yukihira and Erina humming was awesome!
May 30, 2015 10:48 AM

Nov 2011
The humming part was hilarious. XD
May 30, 2015 11:59 AM

Oct 2014
she kept them in suspense lmao
May 30, 2015 12:11 PM

Nov 2014
The way Isami laughed was hilarious.
May 30, 2015 12:29 PM

Dec 2009
Aw Hinako's snacks Q_Q

I really hope this is the start of something with Soma and Erina. It seems like the author was pushing the two together since the beginning. Maybe something will happen?
May 30, 2015 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
The dish Souma made looked awesome and I look forward to seeing their rivalry grow, although I think the match ended as a tie. The camp is not easy so far and my favourite part is coming soon :)

Erina has a really beautiful singing voice, I was really surprised. The humming part is a really nice touch.
May 30, 2015 3:56 PM

Jan 2013
This had to be my fav episode yet.
May 30, 2015 4:21 PM

Dec 2010
The training camp is my favorite arc of the manga so far, so its nice seeing it realized in anime. The Takumi-Soma scene on the bus, is still as memorable in anime as it is in the manga, glad it was handled well. Plus the foodgasms are just getting to the point where they are pure fun, and I can't ask for anything more. It was also funny to see Soma and Erina singing the ED song.

Next week we finally get our Tadokoro episode or two! Hope she gets to prove how awesome she is!
May 30, 2015 9:37 PM

Dec 2013
I absolutely loved how Soma walked in there like a boss and just snatched Hinako's snacks away. Soma does it best when thinking outside the box on little instructions, it's ingrained in his training with his pops afterall.

Next week we finally get to see Megumi shine.... somewhat....
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 30, 2015 9:59 PM

Jan 2015
Awesome!! Souma manage to survive at the camp, no doubt about it! Another food empression from Inui-senpai, she so kawaii!!. Loved ED duet between Erina and Souma! i guess,hehe LoL .... Erina looks [you know what i mean]
May 30, 2015 10:21 PM

May 2013
Souma humming voice is 10/10. I need to learn how to hum like souma, can't wait to bump into some chick.
May 31, 2015 12:02 AM

Nov 2007
OMG! This anime makes me grin and laugh throughout the entire episode week-in week-out!
The ending humming was pure gold. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 31, 2015 3:18 AM

Mar 2015
And who, for your opinion, made better dish - Souma or Aldini? I do not like fish, therefore Aldini's dish is more appealing for me. But for those who feel the same for two dishes - which is better?
May 31, 2015 3:27 AM

Jun 2013
OMG that ending where they were humming the ending song :D
May 31, 2015 6:32 AM

Jan 2011
That humming.
May 31, 2015 9:23 AM

Nov 2007
Tlahuizcapante said:
And who, for your opinion, made better dish - Souma or Aldini? I do not like fish, therefore Aldini's dish is more appealing for me. But for those who feel the same for two dishes - which is better?

It's difficult to say this. Remember that both duck and river fish (freshwater wish) carry raw smell that is difficult to overcome in that short time (as shown in the anime) in the first place.

Duck is a different ball game altogether compared to chicken in the fact that the fibers are harder and it usually takes an awful lot of effort to just pluck the feather roots as well if not steamed. I have prepared duck myself many times and it's not as simple as chicken as you need to steam it if you want to take the root of the feathers off (which remains there deep in the skin and sometimes in the flesh unlike a chicken). Secondly, due to the hardness of the fiber, you may need to keep it marinated with wine, curd, vinegar or lemon juice etc. (each leaves a different taste and used for different types of cooking and removes the raw smell) for a while to actually pull of the dish the Aldini brothers managed within an hour. You cannot grill the duck meat in high temperature because of the way it is. Duck meat (if not marinated) takes 2-3 times the time it takes chicken to be tender. The idea that they used only breast meat doesn't help very much. As for Uruka, which worked out well for the grilled duck, I dunno about that. Never heard of it, so it's a mysterious ingredient to me.

As for the fish, the only real option they had with the little time on their side was to grill it so that the raw smell is removed. The reason people like fillet in general is because of the fact that they don't have to deal with skin which is the source of smell and difficult to process. To completely remove the smell, you need to wash the fish with cold salt water or cold water mixed with lemon juice several times (depending on the size and type of the fish as each has their own level of smell). And it usually takes time. The problem with not washing it as part of the initial processing is that you'll have to grill it slowly until the raw smell is removed but in the process you lose the tenderness of the fish-meat as the water content within the fibers are evaporated. Other ways to prepare fish before grilling is to use ginger paste which helps removing the smell. What Souma and Megumi did was quite fantastic as they came up with the idea to use the crumbs as a cluster that soaked the smell out of the fish and worked as a shield to keep the fish-meat from losing its tenderness as well. Since the cooking was done in high temperature and in a short duration of time, it served the purpose. But it really amazed me that they did all of that in just 15 minutes. Not to mention the sauce they came up with. I would definitely try preparing it sometime not because it was easy but probably the taste would be unique.

It's hard to pick between the two but I think I will give extra points to Souma (and Megumi, not just because she is so cute! haha) because they changed their approach halfway and still came up with a great serving. He is really special. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 31, 2015 11:46 AM

Oct 2008
Great episode as usual!
Souma and Megumi also passed Hinako's exam but the winner was never decided because the class is getting late going back to the main school premises.
Souma used is unusual creativity which is a great factor on being a top chef.
We get to hear the full ED version!
I thought we're gonna see a full-naked-Erina-bumped-to-Souma but it was a shame she's already wearing the bath towel.
5/5.

May 31, 2015 1:00 PM

Mar 2015
shanimebib said:
Tlahuizcapante said:

It's difficult to say this. Remember that both duck and river fish (freshwater wish) carry raw smell that is difficult to overcome in that short time (as shown in the anime) in the first place.

Duck is a different ball game altogether compared to chicken in the fact that the fibers are harder and it usually takes an awful lot of effort to just pluck the feather roots as well if not steamed. I have prepared duck myself many times and it's not as simple as chicken as you need to steam it if you want to take the root of the feathers off (which remains there deep in the skin and sometimes in the flesh unlike a chicken). Secondly, due to the hardness of the fiber, you may need to keep it marinated with wine, curd, vinegar or lemon juice etc. (each leaves a different taste and used for different types of cooking and removes the raw smell) for a while to actually pull of the dish the Aldini brothers managed within an hour. You cannot grill the duck meat in high temperature because of the way it is. Duck meat (if not marinated) takes 2-3 times the time it takes chicken to be tender. The idea that they used only breast meat doesn't help very much. As for Uruka, which worked out well for the grilled duck, I dunno about that. Never heard of it, so it's a mysterious ingredient to me.

As for the fish, the only real option they had with the little time on their side was to grill it so that the raw smell is removed. The reason people like fillet in general is because of the fact that they don't have to deal with skin which is the source of smell and difficult to process. To completely remove the smell, you need to wash the fish with cold salt water or cold water mixed with lemon juice several times (depending on the size and type of the fish as each has their own level of smell). And it usually takes time. The problem with not washing it as part of the initial processing is that you'll have to grill it slowly until the raw smell is removed but in the process you lose the tenderness of the fish-meat as the water content within the fibers are evaporated. Other ways to prepare fish before grilling is to use ginger paste which helps removing the smell. What Souma and Megumi did was quite fantastic as they came up with the idea to use the crumbs as a cluster that soaked the smell out of the fish and worked as a shield to keep the fish-meat from losing its tenderness as well. Since the cooking was done in high temperature and in a short duration of time, it served the purpose. But it really amazed me that they did all of that in just 15 minutes. Not to mention the sauce they came up with. I would definitely try preparing it sometime not because it was easy but probably the taste would be unique.

It's hard to pick between the two but I think I will give extra points to Souma (and Megumi, not just because she is so cute! haha) because they changed their approach halfway and still came up with a great serving. He is really special. :)

Wow! Cool.
For me, in battles of creativity - Souma wins. And sauce, that Souma and Megumi use, better than "salsa" of Aldini brothers.
May 31, 2015 4:17 PM

Jul 2013
Hinako Inui is freaking nice lol, her Tadokoro addiction is hilarious!
But damn I feel Yuki's pain! Thinking that the first day and then that shit happens...
I always forget to say this but the ED is cute!

DatRandomDude said:
The humming part was really nice.
PhinalPhlashMay 31, 2015 5:38 PM
May 31, 2015 5:54 PM

Aug 2014
Takumi is soooo cute! Especially in the bus scene! xD #BestRivalEver
Whoa, they're really not wasting any time. There are task even at night right after their previous test! O.O
Souma's clearing it easily though. Now, the next episode will be interesting, looking forward to it.
May 31, 2015 8:29 PM

Mar 2012
Mathias2001 said:
Drake1000 said:

Soma inspired her to have more confidence in herself.

But not in this challenge, like I said, it has nothing to do with Souma. Souma really starts to affect her affect the next miny arc but in this challenge, Megumi did it alone

Jun 1, 2015 12:04 AM
May 2015
Good episode, lol at Takumi trying to act cool and then meeting Soma in the bus.
Also, it's nice to know Italian people speak Japanese in Italy :P

I loved the humming to the ending theme at the end of the episode :D
Jun 1, 2015 12:06 AM

Jun 2012
Wow such a fun episode :) haha those chickens ;) soma should have said "we meet again" when they were on the bus :P
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Jun 1, 2015 3:06 AM

May 2013
I loved the last couple minutes of the episode. Souma's humming was goofy as hell lol and Erina's was surprisingly nice.

The full ending theme is so good.
Jun 1, 2015 4:46 AM

Mar 2014
Thank God the difference in mine and Erina's age is 2, 'cause I couldn't help flopping it out and fapping to her beauty.
Jun 1, 2015 4:56 AM

Jun 2013
As much as I worship and drool over Erina-himesama, my goddess, I have to admit that the proportions of the female bodies are fucking ridiculous. I haven't met a 15-year-old who had a body like hers. Boobs physics in Anime don't make a fucking sliver of sense at all.

Still, I loved Hinako's foodgasm. I want to see her with some girl-on-girl action during one of her foodgasms.

Also, Souma's dish reminds me of soosal which is served in KyoChan in South Korea.

臭い-
Jun 1, 2015 1:14 PM
Aug 2011
Good episode.

The humming scene was great!
Jun 1, 2015 1:16 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode!
I really like Takumi. One of the funniest episodes so far. It was very nice to listen to the full version of the ending. The scene between Erina and Soma was also laughable.
Jun 1, 2015 4:47 PM

Jul 2014
Loved the humming at the end. We almost got the full ED.
Jun 1, 2015 5:01 PM

Oct 2012
An okay episode, I found his food kinda plain this time. But I guess he just can't have epic meal everytime.

But the ending song... the ending song made it for me. That ofuro incident was just great :D
Jun 2, 2015 8:30 AM

Jul 2008
Love the contest but the end really pleases me with Souma and Erine bumping into each other :) shame that a relationship between them would take an eternity to form :)
Jun 2, 2015 5:17 PM

Jul 2009
Hehe wow, using rice crackers as breading, that's really clever! Seems like both him and the Aldini brotherse made some great dishes :D Of course there was no "winner" yet, I didn't think there would be and I was right XD Although seeing Takumi sit next to him again and have his words thrown back at him was hilarious again :P It's cool they both found each other ... rivals eh? Kekeke ...
Dang, cooking challenge to made 50 sets must be super rough D: The humming thing at the end with Souma bumping into Erina was so awesome! For a second I thought she wasn't wearing ANYTHING (fanservice shots fooled me!) but the yukata is pretty nice too ;P
The training camp continues next episode ... looks like one of the judges is a little angry about something eh? :O Wonder what that could be ...
Jun 3, 2015 3:55 AM

Jul 2013
I think I like Takumi lol. I really thought he's an asshole at first I never knew he'd be this funny.

I've been thinking everything they've made so far are dishes.. what about drinks? For example brewing coffee or something. Sure drinks are not as complicated but well... just a thought.
Jun 4, 2015 1:40 PM

Jun 2014
that fucking humming

holy shit
Jun 5, 2015 7:53 AM

Dec 2009
Glad to hear Noto-sama again after a long time.
Jun 5, 2015 3:22 PM

Apr 2015
first time ever that Erina caught my attention
Jun 6, 2015 12:27 AM
Jun 2015
TAMinator said:
everyone is so fking cute in this anime i feel like i need to punch a cement truck to regain masculinity

Why can I relate to this so much?
Just.. why?
Jun 6, 2015 2:16 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode, I love the rivalry between Takumi and Yukihira. The full ending is nice, it was funny seeing Erina and Yukihira humming the Ending :)
Jun 6, 2015 10:05 PM

Sep 2013
I feel like Takumi will forever be the underdog in his relationship with Soma.... Poor thing. XD

I wanna eat their food so bad....
Jun 7, 2015 12:05 AM

Nov 2009
I bet Erina isn't wearing anything underneath too.

Lucky Soma, he gets a nice view... I want a nice view too.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 7, 2015 2:31 PM

Jun 2010
The twins has been working in Aldini for 8 years and they were 10 in that time. So they were 2 years old. Somehow I doubt that's true.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2015 4:01 PM

Nov 2014

Jun 7, 2015 9:31 PM
Jun 2015
yoite- said:
The twins has been working in Aldini for 8 years and they were 10 in that time. So they were 2 years old. Somehow I doubt that's true.

lol sometimes its just better to ignore.
Jun 10, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2010
Fate is the spice of life~
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

637 by Raymond_Bermea »»
Apr 24, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.