Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 13, 2015 4:29 PM

Mar 2013
kakoa1234 said:
kaitonic said:
This is getting so far and really nice to see Levi again as she follow Gajeel and i guess Gajeel might be the one to free Natsu and Lucy.
So hyper for next week double chapter.....

https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/status/587563865136742400 In the next 4 weeks we are going to have 2 chapters each :D

Two chapters a week for like a month.
I swear, hiro mashima doesn't get enough credit.

Anyway pretty nice chapter.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Apr 13, 2015 4:30 PM

Jul 2007
Isterio said:
CookingPriest said:

Can we please stop with unfitting nardo comparisons when the situation does not even fit?

The similarities are there if you like it or not and they will continue for a while it´s not gonna be executed the same way but it is Nardo inspired and the jokes are justified.

The similarities start and end with Gray having dark hair color.

The premise is different .
The situation is different.
The goals are different
The reasons are different.

Hiro is inspired by Naruto and One Piece. His favorite author is Akira toriyama.

Simply saw how it was done right and now he copies certain things.

Annnd you just lost any credibility by claiming there's anything to "copy"
Apr 13, 2015 7:02 PM

Sep 2013
Natsu: Gray what are you doing when Sakura is waiting for you? We're taking you back to Konoha.
Gray: Team 7 is long gone. I erased it from my heart.

Levy: Will you be able to stop Gray? He was your friend.
Gajeel: He's not anymore. Now he's a rogue ninja and must be stopped.

Seastones ;)

Next chapter-
Gajeel : how could you kill all those people?
Gray : I became weak because of love gave into my hatred and became possessed to fight you Kakarot

And I thought was Lucy was pregnant when she fell down XD hahaha XD
Apr 13, 2015 7:41 PM
Jul 2012
I think this Mary character is a Poison God Slayer, and she'll probably fight Cobra in the end, which leads me to believe that oracion seis may play a role in helping to defeat avatar. It makes sense because there's just enough members to match up against oracion seis.

I can see

Cobra vs Mary
Midnight vs Jerome
Goumon vs Hoteye
Briar vs Angel
Racer vs D-6
Jellal vs Arlock
Apr 13, 2015 7:58 PM
Mar 2015
Raffi-X said:
I think this Mary character is a Poison God Slayer, and she'll probably fight Cobra in the end, which leads me to believe that oracion seis may play a role in helping to defeat avatar. It makes sense because there's just enough members to match up against oracion seis.

I can see

Cobra vs Mary
Midnight vs Jerome
Goumon vs Hoteye
Briar vs Angel
Racer vs D-6
Jellal vs Arlock

You forgot meredy. I could see Gray joining them at the end lol.
Apr 13, 2015 8:06 PM
Apr 2015
I'm totally new here...but it is anyone expecting Lucy to just go batshit crazy?
Seriously, I want her to go crazy and severely hurt everyone
Apr 14, 2015 12:34 AM

Jan 2013
For a second I thought that Lucy was pregnant
Shame that the "fight" is "already over". And Gajeel didn't attack, but there's Levy :3
Apr 14, 2015 1:04 AM
Oct 2013
Yay_No_Die said:
I'm totally new here...but it is anyone expecting Lucy to just go batshit crazy?

Lucy is the main heroine of the story, that is not gonna happen. At best she´s gonna get possesed like Juvia in chapter 87, at best.

She´s basicly the new Ellie she´s cosplaying as in this picture and Natsu is Haru.

Erza, Gray, Wendy they all are counted within the main cast.
But Erza is the Aneki character, the big sis protecting her little brothers and sisters.
Gray is the rival, Narutos Sasuke, Dragon Balls Vegeta and Wendy is the pedophile bait Otaku decoy (she´s so KAWAII SQUEAL).

But if you search for the main couple moving the story forward it´s Haru&Elie Natsu&Lucy.
IsterioApr 14, 2015 1:10 AM
Apr 14, 2015 1:59 AM
Oct 2013
Haddy_ said:
4/5 People are drawing similarities to Naruto in this arc is fair to say . Lucy slapping gray was the moment of this chapter for me.

4 chapters next 2 weeks ? Can't wait.

To be fair Fairy tail is as similar to Naruto as Naruto is to Dragon Ball or HxH.
Similar how Kishi had drawn inspiration from HxH and Dragon Ball, or Oda is Dragon Ball and Kenshin inspired.

Neither is a carbon copy of each other.

What´s wrong with taking in inspiration from the best?
They are themselves inspired by other media, it´s just very likely that it´s Naruto inspired because it´s the most recent big hit using those writing elements. Although Kishi didn´t invent the concepts he used them to the most succes in the resent past.

Natus character is just Luffy all over again and Luffy is Son Goku all over again always with some exceptions but the inspirations are clear.

Look at Ichigo 0 similarities with Goku.
Apr 14, 2015 2:07 AM

Jul 2007
Haddy_ said:
4/5 People are drawing similarities to Naruto in this arc is fair to say . Lucy slapping gray was the moment of this chapter for me.

4 chapters next 2 weeks ? Can't wait.

Except that there are no similarities.

The only thing those comparisons do is show that the ones comparing have not read anything.
Apr 14, 2015 2:20 AM
Feb 2015
Isn't crime Sorciere supposed to be tracking and Killing off dark guilds? If so i can see jellal and comrades showiung up sooner or later.
Apr 14, 2015 2:30 AM
Oct 2013
Haddy_ said:

When did I ever say it was wrong?? I'm all for it everybody does it in movies , music and here too . You can look up Kishimoto looked up to DBZ author . Kubo with Togashi and more . People find it cliche but , I say shounen is the genre when you will find the same plot type , cliches .

4/5 is for the rating of the chapter on my comment *

Ok that comment was confusing looked like you meant 4 out of 5.

The explanation I´ve given wasn´t directed solely to you but more towards the Fairy tail fanboy above you who denies any evidence and thinks Fairy Tail is more original and unique than it actually is.

I´m not denying it I´m not a Fairy Tail fan, I like it but it´s Rave Master all over again which was pretty average in itself untill very late into the story (which made me appreciae it).

I´ve gave it my maximum rating for it´s end and out of nostalgia because it was the first manga I´ve ever bought Ranma 1/2 was the first one I´ve read and within my comedy section probably my favorite.
Apr 14, 2015 2:45 AM
Oct 2013
Yoru91 said:
Isn't crime Sorciere supposed to be tracking and Killing off dark guilds? If so i can see jellal and comrades showiung up sooner or later.

It´s already guaranteed that Jellal will be a mayor player in the final arc (The execution will show how good it´ll be)
But regarding Avatar he´ll only show up if Erza get´s involved.

No Erza=no Jellal.

One of Hiros biggest issues is his planning, he decides lot´s of details on a whim, making his foreshadowing sometimes pretty shit which is why the Daimatou Enbu felt so stupid for many.

This issue goes even back to Rave Master where he introduced Rionette, who was hinted to be some big threat, gues what? Oneshot!

He mentioned in a Q&A that he would take his character traits he failed to portray into a new manga and here he was in Fairy tail as Keith.

But that shouldn´t be neccecary, just by slowing down a little he could create a story that rivals Naruto´s or One Piece´s but the guy simply moves too fast with his pacing.
Basicly the opposite of One Piece.

You wanna say Hiro slow down we wanna savor this fight.
IsterioApr 14, 2015 2:52 AM
Apr 14, 2015 4:42 AM

Jul 2007
just by slowing down a little he could create a story that rivals Naruto´s or One Piece´s

top fucking lol.

some low standards up there.
Apr 14, 2015 4:55 AM
Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
just by slowing down a little he could create a story that rivals Naruto´s or One Piece´s

top fucking lol.

Numbers speak for themselves come back when Fairy tail has 100 million sales on 35 volumes.

And if you come up with Mal score, bitch please as if the opinion of 200000 dourchebags including me, with several Mal accounts count.
Apr 14, 2015 5:17 AM
Sep 2013
Isterio said:
CookingPriest said:

top fucking lol.

Numbers speak for themselves come back when Fairy tail has 100 million sales on 35 volumes.

And if you come up with Mal score, bitch please as if the opinion of 200000 dourchebags including me, with several Mal accounts count.

being popular doesn't mean that it is a well written story or superior in terms of writing ,at least when it comes to naruto I tend to disagree with you.the last arc was mediocore at best and the last chapter is still giving me nightmare bc worst fanficiton I have ever read ^
Apr 14, 2015 5:24 AM

Jul 2007
Isterio said:
CookingPriest said:

top fucking lol.

Then Twilight is the goddamn masterpice.
Apr 14, 2015 5:53 AM

May 2014
Yay Gray vs Natsu :)
Ugh I don't like how they're forcing him to go back.
Lol @page 14, I thought she was pregnant XD
Well this is getting more and more familiar with Tartarus arc, ugh.
I was hoping for something refreshing well maybe it'll come later, there will be coming 2 chapters next week after all.

sarroush said:
Ugh. Quite honestly, if what Gajeel said is true, about a shit ton of people dying as a result of that purification thing...Then Gray's less redeemable than initially thought. Specially if he'll take part in enacting the ritual. So, can you die, please? It's obviously not going to happen, and Juvia's not going to be left alone. The likelihood is, she'll end up being the reason he stops being batshit insane. But right now, as of chapter 428, I want him to die. Who knows what'll happen in upcoming chapters to obviously change my thoughts, but alas. We shall see.

Gajeel, you made this chapter with your logic. <3
Lucy, you made this chapter with your guts to bitchslap Gray. He deserved that and even more.

+1
I want him to die too, ugh knowing FT he'll probably be 'saved' by Juvia.
I hope that won't happen else this manga will be too predictable.
Apr 14, 2015 5:56 AM
Oct 2013
wtfitsmegaman said:
Isterio said:

being popular doesn't mean that it is a well written story or superior in terms of writing ,at least when it comes to naruto I tend to disagree with you.the last arc was mediocore at best and the last chapter is still giving me nightmare bc worst fanficiton I have ever read ^

Don´t talk about writing if you consider Sword Art online your favorite series.

Because Naruto and One Piece in terms of complexety and logic are like Mark Twayn compared too Harem art Online

Especially the sheer amounts of plotholes this show delivers is enough to make Killa Kill look like a rational show.
IsterioApr 14, 2015 6:08 AM
Apr 14, 2015 6:07 AM
Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:

Then Twilight is the goddamn masterpice.

The first Twillight book is quite decently written and not half as retarded as the Movies and it´s fanbase. No I haven´t read it but I´ve got some of the differences told.

Regarding popularity ≠ quality.

It´s the other way around as well.
Just because your opinion is unpopular it doesn´t increase it´s quality.
Your opinion ≠ quality.
Apr 14, 2015 6:17 AM

Oct 2013
Ooh 8 chapters in just one month? Praise.
Apr 14, 2015 6:27 AM
Oct 2013
Nuvi said:
Ooh 8 chapters in just one month? Praise.

Hiro is just a fucking beast when it comes to drawing.

He was drawing Monster Hunter while he´s publishing Fairy Tail.

Apr 14, 2015 7:26 AM
Apr 2015
Isterio said:
Yay_No_Die said:

Lucy is the main heroine of the story, that is not gonna happen. At best she´s gonna get possesed like Juvia in chapter 87, at best.

She´s basicly the new Ellie she´s cosplaying as in this picture and Natsu is Haru.

Erza, Gray, Wendy they all are counted within the main cast.
But Erza is the Aneki character, the big sis protecting her little brothers and sisters.
Gray is the rival, Narutos Sasuke, Dragon Balls Vegeta and Wendy is the pedophile bait Otaku decoy (she´s so KAWAII SQUEAL).

But if you search for the main couple moving the story forward it´s Haru&Elie Natsu&Lucy.

Yeah she's the main character, I'm just saying it would be cool if she just blew up on Natsu or the others.

I also really like Gray's character as an evil person. At least he told them to stop spouting about Nakama and crap. That was getting real old
Apr 14, 2015 7:28 AM
Oct 2013
Yay_No_Die said:

I also really like Gray's character as an evil person. At least he told them to stop spouting about Nakama and crap. That was getting real old

It´s an act, trust me on this, it´s an act.
Apr 14, 2015 7:47 AM
Sep 2013
Isterio said:
wtfitsmegaman said:

Don´t talk about writing if you consider Sword Art online your favorite series.

Because Naruto and One Piece in terms of complexety and logic are like Mark Twayn compared too Harem art Online

Especially the sheer amounts of plotholes this show delivers is enough to make Killa Kill look like a rational show.

Sao is just considered as one of my favs because I have been playing mmorpg's for a really long time and that's why I could identify myself really well with the series,I've never stated that sao is better than one piece or naruto,that was just an assumption of yours after looking at my list which isn't even accurate anymore since I do no care about updating it.
Apr 14, 2015 9:00 AM

Jul 2007
This threadjust gave me a new person to add to the ignore plugin once it starts working again.
Apr 14, 2015 9:27 AM
Apr 2015
Isterio said:
Yay_No_Die said:

I don't really care if it's an act or not, I just like the evil persona. I have a thing for good turned psychotic characters
Apr 14, 2015 11:58 AM

Sep 2014
Isterio said:
Yay_No_Die said:

How would you know?
There is no sign of him acting to be evil.
There is also no prove of possession.

The only thing than can be assumed due to the facts we've seen in the manga is that he might have lost his sanity to his revenge (which, by the way, isn't confiremd either. Nevertheless, I'll go with this option.)

All we know is that he is currently evil. Deal with it.
Apr 14, 2015 12:21 PM

Dec 2014
Good chapter on the whole. I am a little disappointed that Natsu and Gray couldn't go all out on one another. Really annoyed that Lucy is captured/held hostage once again to the detriment of Natsu. I don't need him to be able to solo all of Avatar, but stop throwing him that handicap...

I expect it will end being a war on two fronts, Gajeel, Pantherlily, and Levy, with Natsu and Lucy on the other side.
I can't decide how possessed/insane Gray is, or if any of it is an act. I doubt his FT mark is gone, more likely just underneath the black crap.
Can't wait to see what comes next.

Oh, and Natsu ships Gruvia! xD
Apr 14, 2015 12:30 PM
Oct 2013
Suno_Kaji said:
Isterio said:

How would you know?

The only thing than can be assumed due to the facts we've seen in the manga is that he might have lost his sanity to his revenge (which, by the way, isn't confiremd either. Nevertheless, I'll go with this option.)

Because that´s typical for Hiro, teasing something to be actually "dark" but in truth it´s simply not.
Remember how Lector came out of Minervas ass into Millianas chest?

Gray is the new Musica, alot of his characteristics have flown into this characters creation even his magic is similar to Musica´s ability.
By the end of the story it will be Gray who will fight right by Natsus side. I am not sure about anyone else but Gray will be his right hand.

See Hiro rarely goes out of his way in redeeming a character, specifically if this character has spilled blood (of good people) he is not redeeming him.
Look at Ultear she basicly sacrificed her life to atone for her sins.
But but Meredy was redeemed! When was Meredy evil to begin with?
What about Jellal Jellal killed Simon!
Oh was there a grave? Or did the guy conveniently fall out of sight so that Hiro could overthink his fate?
Simon is alive, he´ll come back probably with the other 2 boys who are wandering the world after Milliane left them in an empowered mode confronting Erza and Jellal who both will drop down and break out in tears.

Remember when Lissana was confirmed to be dead?
Pepperridge farm remembers!

Rogue is the one exception and that´s only the case because he "technically" didn´t spill blood yet.
We know that Rogue became evil after "Frosh" died and he obviously wanted revenge with his darkness awakening probably killing Gray before he could explain to him that "Frosh" wasn´t dead, capable of overpowering Rogue.

BUT ROGUE ISN´T GONNA FIGHT HIM! calm down.
Who is with Natsu and Lucy? Happy is with Natsu and Lucy. What is the purpose of Happy? Right none! Besides transportation.

Somehow along the next chapters Gray will pull a Minerva pretending to kill Happy,but just freezing him or shit.
Natsu will get fiercely mad, remember how Laxus didn´t acknowledge anyone in Magnolia as his enemie when he cast Fairy Law?
Natsu will be aware that Gray won´t kill Happy but we´ll get trolled through Lucy that "he may be truly gone evil"
But in actuality Natsu will just be mad because he even dared to attack a weak fellow FT member knowing full well that Gray didn´t pull through.
Natsu will beat sense into Gray explaining to him that they are a family and they have to face hardships together and not through avoiding his family.

Curently Gray behaves like "Silver" Grays father.
Remember Galluna island? Gray intended to throw his life away (fixing the problem alone).
What did silver want? Sneakingly weaken Tartaros and destroy as many demons as possible by himself.
He didn´t want his son to follow his example but "children are stupid and naive"

There will be a whole chapter just dedicated to explaining why Gray wasn´t bad to begin with and why he turned on them.

Heck I can write the fucking chapter where he comes back expecting to get scolded by Juvia who instead falls down into his arms calling him an idiot.

Gonna dance the called that shit dance when this panel get´s revealed.
IsterioApr 14, 2015 12:42 PM
Apr 15, 2015 7:43 AM

May 2010
This is one of the best chaps ever. Nuff said.

I loved Gray/Lucy interactions a lot. Lucy's crying face looked so natural. And Gray's slightly worried face, too. The angst moment was perfect, Mashima nailed it.
Apr 15, 2015 8:05 AM
Apr 2015
Phony or not, this Gray feels like the authentic Gray. Honestly, Gray has always kind felt out of place with the rest of the Fairy Tail mages, at least to me. He has always felt like he was sitting on the razor's edge and could fall off at any moment. Kind of refreshing to see someone dispute the "friends" garbage that everyone seems to spit.
Apr 15, 2015 8:14 AM
Oct 2013
Kal_El said:
Phony or not, this Gray feels like the authentic Gray. Honestly, Gray has always kind felt out of place with the rest of the Fairy Tail mages, at least to me. He has always felt like he was sitting on the razor's edge and could fall off at any moment. Kind of refreshing to see someone dispute the "friends" garbage that everyone seems to spit.

Interesting view on Gray, ironically the character he was based on (Musica) was kinda a delinquent.

What makes you think like that?
Apr 15, 2015 2:16 PM

Sep 2010
The only good part of this chapter was Juvia's boobs and Lucy bitchslapping Gray.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 16, 2015 10:39 AM

Sep 2007

By the author of A Silent Voice.
I really love it.
Apr 20, 2015 2:53 AM
Apr 2015
Behemoth11 said:
I will say it again: Could someone kill Gray, please?

I'd rather have Lucy murdered by Happy, than kill Gray, in fact, Lucy dying right now seems like a good idea right now, she's completely holding Natsu back and having him get captured when he could do so much better, you saw him blow people to shit left right and center, and then she gets in the way again... If you ask me she's the Sakura of fairy tail, only difference with fairy tail is the Lucy doesn't get any stronger, just get's more useless.
So grey being an evil bad guy that can fight against Natsu on par ain't the problem at all.
Apr 20, 2015 10:09 AM
Jul 2013
Omg I knew it! Levy is part of the council now! Didn't really expect it to be part of the action team but whatever!

I feel pain in gray eyes somehow... His eye look like sad....
Apr 23, 2015 4:07 AM

Jun 2008
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
2 chapters next week? This is why I love Mashima. He knows Golden Week is coming but he still puts out 2 chapters because he doesn't want the anime catching up to the manga.

If only Slowgashi had half the working ethic of this guy.
Apr 23, 2015 4:18 AM
Mar 2015
Isterio said:
Suno_Kaji said:

How would you know?

Because that´s typical for Hiro, teasing something to be actually "dark" but in truth it´s simply not.
Remember how Lector came out of Minervas ass into Millianas chest?

Gray is the new Musica, alot of his characteristics have flown into this characters creation even his magic is similar to Musica´s ability.
By the end of the story it will be Gray who will fight right by Natsus side. I am not sure about anyone else but Gray will be his right hand.

See Hiro rarely goes out of his way in redeeming a character, specifically if this character has spilled blood (of good people) he is not redeeming him.
Look at Ultear she basicly sacrificed her life to atone for her sins.
But but Meredy was redeemed! When was Meredy evil to begin with?
What about Jellal Jellal killed Simon!
Oh was there a grave? Or did the guy conveniently fall out of sight so that Hiro could overthink his fate?
Simon is alive, he´ll come back probably with the other 2 boys who are wandering the world after Milliane left them in an empowered mode confronting Erza and Jellal who both will drop down and break out in tears.

Remember when Lissana was confirmed to be dead?
Pepperridge farm remembers!

Rogue is the one exception and that´s only the case because he "technically" didn´t spill blood yet.
We know that Rogue became evil after "Frosh" died and he obviously wanted revenge with his darkness awakening probably killing Gray before he could explain to him that "Frosh" wasn´t dead, capable of overpowering Rogue.

BUT ROGUE ISN´T GONNA FIGHT HIM! calm down.
Who is with Natsu and Lucy? Happy is with Natsu and Lucy. What is the purpose of Happy? Right none! Besides transportation.

Somehow along the next chapters Gray will pull a Minerva pretending to kill Happy,but just freezing him or shit.
Natsu will get fiercely mad, remember how Laxus didn´t acknowledge anyone in Magnolia as his enemie when he cast Fairy Law?
Natsu will be aware that Gray won´t kill Happy but we´ll get trolled through Lucy that "he may be truly gone evil"
But in actuality Natsu will just be mad because he even dared to attack a weak fellow FT member knowing full well that Gray didn´t pull through.
Natsu will beat sense into Gray explaining to him that they are a family and they have to face hardships together and not through avoiding his family.

Curently Gray behaves like "Silver" Grays father.
Remember Galluna island? Gray intended to throw his life away (fixing the problem alone).
What did silver want? Sneakingly weaken Tartaros and destroy as many demons as possible by himself.
He didn´t want his son to follow his example but "children are stupid and naive"

There will be a whole chapter just dedicated to explaining why Gray wasn´t bad to begin with and why he turned on them.

Heck I can write the fucking chapter where he comes back expecting to get scolded by Juvia who instead falls down into his arms calling him an idiot.

Gonna dance the called that shit dance when this panel get´s revealed.

I hope you danced
May 15, 2015 7:49 AM

Jan 2008
Gajeel and his way of thinking just earned him points. Levy made an appearance! Yay! And she joined the Magic Council. No surprise there.

As for Gray, well, the Devil Slayer Tattoo looks cool on him. But his actions are just simply wrong. Thank you, Lucy, for that one good slap.
Sep 22, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2016
This omg, there is alot of catching up to do!
Gray What the hell is wrong with you!

Even Levy joined the council :p
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Apr 10, 2017 7:16 AM

Dec 2014
So levi is also with Gajeel good to know...get back to your senses gray
Aug 13, 2018 5:09 AM

Feb 2013
Gray has to be taught a lesson!
Lol, they were caught.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aod-kun »»
Today, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aod-kun »»
Today, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 284 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - May 25, 2012

163 by aod-kun »»
Today, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.