Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2015 4:45 PM
Apr 2014
iAmZiro said:
ED > OP though.
Agreed
Apr 12, 2015 5:04 PM
Apr 2015
Well, I liked the previous chapter, but I liked a lot more this!
Yuuichiro bother me a little, but, it's passable and I love his mentality, so, I can continue seeing!

About the others characters, Mika was my favorite in the first episode, and I think he'll continue being it, I was so sad when I thought he had died. Guren is so fucking perfect, I really like he, I'm waiting to know more about him <3. Shinoa it's my new platonic love, she's fresh and I don't know, I like her, it's curious because I don't usually to love female characters too fast. AND WAIT, I have to mention to Yoichi, he was so cute, and, ahhh, I think he's really interesing, I really want a good evolution about him!

The opening was great, and I enjoyed a lot the ending. The animation is very good! I hope the next fights will be incredible like the first! I think this show is my favourite of this season!
Apr 12, 2015 5:23 PM

Jan 2008
Figured he wasn't dead, openings this season really like to spoil stuff.
Apr 12, 2015 5:54 PM

Aug 2012
CC said:
does it ever explain what happened to the vampire city from the beginning? Did the Vampire Killer Task Force know about it before MC got out? Spoil me pls.

Apr 12, 2015 6:03 PM

Aug 2011
Paul said:

Yeah really kills any possible suspense in future eps.
Apr 12, 2015 6:46 PM

May 2013
Hyakuya made a friend. Well, I thought his first friend was gonna be Shinoa then Yoichi. Both of them want revenge.
The action was good. Guren makes it look so easy to kill that vampire. Well, don't expect anything rash from him until then.
Mika's alive and I was expecting that like most people.
Apr 12, 2015 7:42 PM

Jun 2014
Whoa that cursed weapon looks pretty cool. I can't wait for our boy Yu to get one.
Oh and cool we got to see who the main three characters will be.
Apr 12, 2015 7:49 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode.
The actions scenes are really well animated.
I didn't like the beginning of this manga all that much (Don't like school settings all that much) but it felt a little more enjoyable here.
Love the opening and ending (even if it is kinda spoilery), 2nd best this season next to Kekkai Sensen.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Apr 12, 2015 9:09 PM

Apr 2014
Good episode IMO.
MC fighting with a vampire(downgrade version)...already have a hard time.
Seem to be following the manga/novel so far.
Hope it stay on the path and don't draft off.
Apr 12, 2015 9:45 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Holy shit, that was a lot better than the first episode.

Art looks fantastic and animation is slick as hell. I literally saw no drops in quality.

People are questioning why the main guy has an attitude. Well, his entire family was brutally murdered in front of him, and he's being forced to go to school instead of training and killing vampires. I'd be pretty sour too.

I love the black and green color scheme, as well as the designs of the uniforms. They're pretty darn cool.

OP was good, ED was great.

Excited to see more.
Apr 12, 2015 9:50 PM

Mar 2013
Bleh
Set my expectations for this one a little too high....
Apr 12, 2015 10:04 PM

Jun 2013
I think Shinoa is gonna be my favorite character throughout this series. I love her personality. Hope to see more of her!

OP is pretty cool, ED was epic. The action scene kept my interest and was well animated.

If that pink haired (I'd assume) vampire girl from the OP is the main villain, then that has to be the cutest antagonist I've ever seen.
Apr 12, 2015 10:05 PM

Aug 2014
NihonFalcom said:
Paul said:

Yeah really kills any possible suspense in future eps.

Yeah they really shouldn't have done that.
I got so pissed
"Y U SPOIL ME OPENINNGGGGG"

Xway101 ~By me~
Apr 12, 2015 10:27 PM

Apr 2015
It was ok I guess. I've read the manga so how the story came out isn't much of a surprise for me. I'm just a bit bothered by the pacing cause it seems like the studio just loves to rush things near the end.
Also those CGI students were so ugh and I don't get why while most students panickly ran away when they heard about the vampire, some were just sitting around.
Overall a so-so episode. I'm expecting more action, and definitely more of the plot in the next episodes.
P/s: As a manga reader who actually paid ATTENTION while reading, I can tell you that later on in the story they'll reveal things that will patch up most of those "plot holes" of yours, so calm your tits.
Apr 12, 2015 10:29 PM

Dec 2012
hi-d-us said:
P/s: As a manga reader who actually paid ATTENTION while reading, I can tell you that later on in the story they'll reveal things that will patch up most of those "plot holes" of yours, so calm your tits.

There are plot holes? Where?
I like anime.
Apr 12, 2015 10:44 PM

Apr 2015
Pat_To_Do-List said:
hi-d-us said:

There are plot holes? Where?

Exactly, there are none. But some people are jumping to conclusions like "That virus came out of nowhere, that's stupid" or "How come there's a normal high school in a post-apocalytic world?" and such.
Apr 12, 2015 11:35 PM
Jan 2012
Well, I quite like both Shinoa and Yoichi... And I think that this opening is potentially my favorite of the Anime I'm watching... But I'll be waiting until later to decide. Perhaps the ending as well, but again, I've gotta wait.

...That (Vampire?) Girl and the red-haired guy with glasses in the opening remind me of Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) and Hubert Lhant/Oswell (Tales of Graces)...

I'm looking forward to next week.
Apr 12, 2015 11:54 PM
Sep 2013
What's with the OP and ED? Is Mika like the main character or something? I know he's a extremely vital character but sheesh. Fanboy much from the anime staff?

Mika really well-liked for his almost blind unwavering devotion and self-sacrificing attitude right? Ironically, if he were to be the main heroine, he would probably get a lot of hate for the very same things. I know right? What the hell goes through the head of you people, I have no clue.

So are they gonna continue with the school setting? Why is it always a school setting?

Guren is one of those characters who gets a lot of fanboys if he's not the MC, cuz they think he so much more "awesome and cool" than the MC. However, if he were to be the MC, he would get a lot of hate for being a harem Marty Stu. Overall, he's alright.

The heroine is a lot smaller than I thought she would be. In fact, she's fucking tiny. I like her snarky attitude though, so much better than the modern tsundere.

Anyways, good episode. I hope it doesn't go in the direction of the "Index" series or something like that.
Apr 13, 2015 1:40 AM

Jan 2013
Nice OP and ED.
The action scenes were good and fluid, it's great to see something like that.

Also, if the similarity wasn't enough, she said "know your place" <3
Apr 13, 2015 2:53 AM

Apr 2014
chakracat said:
This episode had a LOT of stupid moments.

Like what?
When I'm fucked up that's the real me
Apr 13, 2015 2:57 AM

Apr 2014
waterflame said:
OP is embarrassingly lame. I don't know how Sawano put that out.
ED is decent, but it could've been catchier.
Episode itself was a pretty big dive from the first one, quality- and story-wise.
I hope something comes to shake things up.

Man i feel u i'm thinking exactly the same
Like everything before episode two came out was perfect to me
Now that shitty OP, the highschool setting
Looking for friends at school while 1/10 of huanity is dead and times are post apo?
Lol no.
When I'm fucked up that's the real me
Apr 13, 2015 4:31 AM
Jan 2015
Shit for kids.
Apr 13, 2015 4:49 AM

Jan 2014
This adaptation is butchering the manga... Yoichi's design makes him look gayer than he already is. Best Girl Shinoa looks so plain. Fight scenes were completely rearranged and downgraded from the manga's. Lots of missing good dialogue! It makes every situation and the premise itself look retarded now.

I like the OP but the animation felt too centered on the main cast. They could have shown the Hiiragi family, the other vampire progenitors or Guren's crew/harem.

ED is beast though, I'll give it that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2015 5:28 AM

Feb 2011
MagicalMahou said:
I like the OP but the animation felt too centered on the main cast. They could have shown the Hiiragi family, the other vampire progenitors or Guren's crew/harem.

that op already spoilered too much, at least some things got spared

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 13, 2015 6:16 AM

Jul 2013
MagicalMahou said:
This adaptation is butchering the manga... Yoichi's design makes him look gayer than he already is. Best Girl Shinoa looks so plain. Fight scenes were completely rearranged and downgraded from the manga's. Lots of missing good dialogue! It makes every situation and the premise itself look retarded now.

ED is beast though, I'll give it that.

I don't think you've watched a lot of adaptations yet if you call this butchering the manga. I don't mind the designs. The fight scenes were longer and better aside from that slightly long pause during their in-between talk. I don't remember any of the missing dialogues, mind sharing them?

The others won't really have any spotlights until the second cour so I guess they're saving them for the 2nd OP.

Apr 13, 2015 7:00 AM

Aug 2009
Page by page adaptation of the manga. Very faithful and great pacing.

The OP is so good, holy shit.
Apr 13, 2015 7:44 AM

Oct 2013
this could be anime of the season for me, though there are many good ones. great fighting scenes and music, liking the story so far.
Apr 13, 2015 8:34 AM

Nov 2014
MrNTR said:
Mika really well-liked for his almost blind unwavering devotion and self-sacrificing attitude right? Ironically, if he were to be the main heroine, he would probably get a lot of hate for the very same things. I know right?

There are other reasons a gender change would cause a much more negative reaction. For example, Mikaela was essentially selling his body for benefits in the first episode. A heroine who behaves that way would drawn comments much more negative than vague allusions to ancient Greek/Roman/Japanese practices.
Apr 13, 2015 9:34 AM

Dec 2011
Overall the episode was good, the action scenes were nice, it's also neat that he made some new friends and I'm already calling Yuu x Shinoa XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 13, 2015 11:33 AM

Sep 2009
...Wasn't Mika's arm chopped off in the end of episode 1? Why does he have both arms in the end of Hyakuya's flashback? How the hell did he get his arm back
Apr 13, 2015 12:00 PM

Dec 2013
Because it wasn't a flashback. It was like a vision or something.
Apr 13, 2015 12:23 PM
Oct 2014
I already really like this anime! The opening and ending are awesome!
Apr 13, 2015 12:47 PM
Jun 2014
Generic garbage, school setting, protagonist constantly handicapped by bullshit, best friend supposedly died but actually was made vampire and will fight him later cliche.

They actually ordered two seasons for this crap off the bat? Amazing how messed up Japanese network is, cancel Gargantia season 2 but make two seasons of garbage shonen cliche nonsense, cool story Japan, fuck you.
Apr 13, 2015 1:04 PM

Mar 2011
SegmentZ said:
Generic garbage, school setting, protagonist constantly handicapped by bullshit, best friend supposedly died but actually was made vampire and will fight him later cliche.

They actually ordered two seasons for this crap off the bat? Amazing how messed up Japanese network is, cancel Gargantia season 2 but make two seasons of garbage shonen cliche nonsense, cool story Japan, fuck you.

Read the fcking manga and you will know why they are making split cour anime.
Apr 13, 2015 1:18 PM

Feb 2011
Man that... wasn't very good. I mean, I liked the first episode, but this episode was just stupid.

The OP is ok, but the ED is pretty good.
Apr 13, 2015 3:47 PM

Aug 2012
TreF said:
Those awkwardly placed flashforwards and flashbacks serve no purpose at all, and Yuu's dreams about Mikaela and the rest of the children is really a bad attempt to add depth to otherwise an overly angsty and unlikable character. The only redeemable part of the episode is the fight at the end.
What flashforwards?

And the dream isn't so much an attempt to add depth(it does add depth though) as it is establishing a basis for development. You wouldn't want him to be this angsty the whole show would you?
Apr 13, 2015 5:18 PM

Jan 2014
Meh...... school days? Really? This should be brutal, gore apocalypses world.

2/5

Dropped. Im not gonna waste my precious time for this generic shounen (garbage).

Bye.
Apr 13, 2015 6:04 PM

Jan 2013
My favorite anime of the season
Apr 13, 2015 6:12 PM

Dec 2012
hi-d-us said:
Exactly, there are none. But some people are jumping to conclusions like "That virus came out of nowhere, that's stupid" or "How come there's a normal high school in a post-apocalytic world?" and such.

Those are certainly need some explanation, but calling those plot holes is wrong. Those are not plot holes.

DJNOSTYLE said:
...Wasn't Mika's arm chopped off in the end of episode 1? Why does he have both arms in the end of Hyakuya's flashback? How the hell did he get his arm back

Maybe because he is a vampire? I am not sure though.
I like anime.
Apr 13, 2015 6:50 PM

Nov 2014
Is this a BL?
Apr 13, 2015 8:28 PM

Mar 2009
Too bad they killed off the vampire loli.
Apr 13, 2015 9:29 PM

Mar 2013
Seriously people? Already assuming the whole story line and that it has plot holes? It's only two episodes in. They're not going to explain the whole plot in a few episodes :/
Btw, the "high school" setting doesn't last long.

chiyo-german said:
Is this a BL?

No, it's not BL. It's an adaption of a shounen manga. Bromance and family-love. But even shounen has their "fangirl" moments... -_-

Why compare to AOT? Yuu is kind of like Eren, but that's pretty much every shounen character. He's only 14/15 years old-- of course he's going to act like a immature kid ; though he does get better over time.

Wit Studio is awesome with animation. Good adaption so far :)

Sorry, just had to rant.
KilikcliaApr 13, 2015 10:09 PM
Apr 13, 2015 9:40 PM

Nov 2008
Loved the first episode, was scared this was going to turn into a monster hunting anime but it won me back over with that fight scene with the vampire. Continued.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Apr 13, 2015 9:50 PM

Jul 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
DJNOSTYLE said:

Maybe because he is a vampire? I am not sure though.

It's a dream, not a flashback. Things went differently in ep 1, remember?

Apr 13, 2015 10:08 PM

Apr 2015
Pat_To_Do-List said:
hi-d-us said:

Those are certainly need some explanation, but calling those plot holes is wrong. Those are not plot holes.

That's what I'm trying to say man. I don't get why people are calling those "plot holes", they're just yet-to-be-explained things, in which I find very interesting since I like making theories.

DJNOSTYLE said:

Maybe because he is a vampire? I am not sure though.[/quote]
I don't think that's a flashback though, but yeah, in the OP we saw his right arm and it's perfectly fine.
hi-d-usApr 13, 2015 11:55 PM
Apr 13, 2015 10:22 PM

Jul 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
CC said:
does it ever explain what happened to the vampire city from the beginning? Did the Vampire Killer Task Force know about it before MC got out? Spoil me pls.

Guren saying something about a prophecy was just a joke.

People crying about school, economy, food. Are mostly idiots, around 8 year pass since the virus. Those idiots want to know all about the world in two episode. the 8th vol of manga are only introduction of the story (autor words). In 8 year most of the basic needs, must have been insured. You need school, even if u dont like it, the world dont need idiots like you jerking around, trying to play the stupid "walking dead dream". And then the same idiots hate the MC.........

And no this isn't BL. Is the same author of DenYuden if you watched that anime you should know what spect, for me a guy who hate fujoshis, i can't hate how the author managed that. I think DenYuden if better than Owari no Seraph. But this still very good. And of course this and Mokushiroku Arisu have some of vibe of AoT, manly because the author want to make something with that vibe. You can see good author like the one of Hakomari, trying to doing more "moe" thing because its sell.
Apr 13, 2015 11:51 PM

Jul 2013
Holy SHIT this is my favourite opening ever. EVER. /immediately inserts into every forum she's a member of
The OST has me blown away, I just absolutely love the music.

I didn't have high hopes in the first episode, but the second episode has me super excited for what's to come.
Apr 14, 2015 4:12 AM

Apr 2012
Still soooooo epic!!! I feel this anime can be one of my big favourites. And the OP is flawless!!
Apr 14, 2015 5:13 AM

Jul 2010
Oh god, this was so bad. I was facepalming half the time in this episode, especially after they introduced that new 'friend'. Can it get any more cliche? -_-
Apr 14, 2015 6:07 AM

Dec 2013
On this episode, I personally think they adapted the manga perfectly fine. I was a bit disappointed that they animated Yoichi's sister's scene so early because an offhanded mention would have already did the trick (in the manga it wasn't till he "faced his demon" that it showed up, and the impact was pretty good there), but other than that this episode really didn't stray from the original material much.

I'm sort of glad they revisited the meeting scene on top of the hill when Yuu escaped, and I'm extremely happy they showed his rebellious streak against the demons at the beginning.

Shinoa felt just as cheeky as she did in the manga, and Yuu equally rebellious (I snickered hard when he tried to get himself thrown out of class).

I can't wait until they play "Catch the Jeep" on the highway XD

I'm finding it amusing that so many people are complaining about insufficient world building for an anime that's already penned in to have two split cours. Do you seriously believe that they're going to give you guys every single detail about the world in the first two episodes? Seriously?!? Have a little patience here.

The school setting makes sense here. Considering that the world population was reduced by 90% and the sudden appearance of a superior species that can easily dispose of normal humans as you saw in episode 1 (and don't think they can't do the same to adults just because the victims in the first episode were hapless kids), you'd think that even the kids need to be educated somehow about the new world. Also, the school just so happens to be in one of the very few safe zones occupied and controlled by humans (think of the world of Warm Bodies and you'll get the picture, only the weak mindless Zombies have turned into cunning Overpowered Vampires), so it's not really that big of an issue for the change in setting. Also, this show won't be as shonen-esque as you think it is, once the humans start dropping like flies (personal feeling there is that it's more AOT than anything else) just to drop ONE single vampire.

If you're patient enough to stay for a few more episodes, you'll see the true setting of the world that is slowly presented as they gradually step outside the safe zones to fight. This has all the elements for a great show but for those who can't wait, well, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. It ain't our problem if you're not into slow building goodness.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.