Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 1, 2015 3:46 PM

Apr 2012
LauraBirdie said:

Who else here ships Shimon and Gyanko? That last scene with them, so cute.

-raises hand-

me, me!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 1, 2015 4:05 PM

Jun 2008
Really enjoyed this season, can't wait for the OVA's and a season 3 would be wonderful as well.

Gyanko and Fumina battling Sekai over their jealousy of Shia was priceless.

I definitely ship Gyanko and Shimon, one less girl for Sekai to worry about lol.
Apr 1, 2015 4:59 PM

Aug 2011
Where the fuck is Aila? :(

Cool season overall nonetheless.
Apr 1, 2015 6:03 PM

Oct 2011
Super Fumino OMG XDDDD
Apr 1, 2015 6:28 PM

Feb 2012
The king of hearts!
Fortress_MaximusApr 1, 2015 6:45 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 1, 2015 9:30 PM

Aug 2011
Decent sequel. Definitely not as good as S1!

Try felt like it was geared towards shonen fans. The fights relies a bit too much on plot devices like assimilation and they often feel underwhelming and predictable.

Still would want a season 3 with a world tournament setting. ALSO MORE SEI AND REIJI PLS! Kinda disappointed that Sunrise didn't make them appear in the last episode!
Apr 1, 2015 9:32 PM

Jan 2011
Really an awesome finale. It was very fun and incorporated the main theme of the gundam build series which is having fun through competition.

Surprised the sequel was this good. I personally enjoyed this more than S1 overall. It was a little rough in a few places but had a lot of fun watching it overall and hope they continue the series.
Apr 1, 2015 10:05 PM
Oct 2014
lol OP mejin kkkkk enjoyed the end I hope you have another season showing all the national , not because I saw Iori I know the anime even then it seems already like a plot for another season
Apr 2, 2015 12:37 AM

Feb 2012
Huh? They actually added that fanmade gunpla in the show? That's very nice of sunrise.

Anyway, one of the more fun episodes in the entire gunpla fighters so far.
Apr 2, 2015 2:39 AM

Mar 2012
Hehe, that was a chaotically fun conclusion episode. xD As mentioned by many, I was anticipating Sei to just show up randomly or get some screen time somehow. Welp, it's not to be this season.

Very much enjoyed this season, though not as much as the first. Hoping for more for sure! ^^
Apr 2, 2015 3:15 AM

Feb 2015
MOTHERFUCKING DOMON IS SEKAI'S MASTER ALL OF MY YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 2, 2015 9:29 AM

Aug 2014
Best fucking episode. All that gunpla-service. This almost makes up for the underwhelming main builds. The Dom R35 is nice. Best girl as MS girl. Sakai was hilarious while piloting her. And lolSugita/Rafflesia.

And holy shit Woundwort. Don't care for the TR series, it's probably the last thing I expected to see.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 2, 2015 11:15 AM
Nov 2009
Arghhh! Where is Reiji and Aila?

I hope Iori, Reiji and Aila will team up in season 3 (if there's any).

And Meijin team up with his 2 childhood friends from the manga. I havent finished the manga tho, so dont know what happened to those 2.
Apr 2, 2015 2:11 PM

Apr 2013
DOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

what a chaotic and fun episode.

fantastic and enjoyable series just as the first season. really really want a third one

it was great however the 3v3 format was not really utilized and often ended up hurting the series.

instead of having screen time for 2 gunpla in a 1v1 battle with lots of interaction between these two the series had to split up the screen time for 6 gunpla and you end up not getting enough actual fighting
Apr 2, 2015 4:04 PM
Feb 2013
Well I'll be damned if I said I didnt enjoy this because I did. The gunpla battles are always fun to watch even if they end up not as strategic as they should have been and sekai just asspulling his way through.
The problem with shallow characters writing and forced relationships are pretty annoying as well and hard to ignore sometimes.

Here's hoping for more awesomeness (and better writing) season 3.
Apr 2, 2015 6:30 PM

Oct 2012
Well that was a wacky ending
Apr 3, 2015 4:15 AM

Jul 2013
Domon cameo! That was seriously awesome.

Fun, energetic finale. I watched it with a smile on my face. It was nice to see other like Akira, Sudou and all those from the first half that were forgotten.

I still had tons of issues with this season, but it was fun all the same. Unfortunately this cast never had the charm of the original one. And unbalanced spotlight favoring Sekai.
Apr 3, 2015 6:47 AM

Feb 2010
Domon at the end was awesome!
Apr 3, 2015 8:59 AM
Sep 2014
Whatever happened to Reiji and Aila?

At least i know that sei is alive and had a family, Reiji wasnt even mentioned by name in the entire season, in fact even the championship was mentioned to be won by sei and not a team :s

Good season non the less
Apr 9, 2015 11:43 PM

Feb 2011
A episode that is packed full of fanservice sounds like a really great idea to end the season :P But it's a shame that we didn't get to see any grown ups of the first season cast besides of China and Nils of course :)

Now that Build Fighters Try has ended, I have to find another anime to fit my needs :/ Gundam Build Fighters Third Season needs to be announced!! In the meantime, the 2 OVAs will keep me satisfied :D
Apr 12, 2015 4:51 AM

Apr 2015
Just to say,did no one notice yasaka mao beside minato in the ending?!
Apr 16, 2015 8:56 AM

Oct 2008
just finished GBFT.
it was a spectacular FREE-FOR-ALL fight! just like half-life.

Apr 22, 2015 8:32 AM

Jan 2012
best part = domon

shit just got real

1st season > 2nd season

both were very enjoyable though
Apr 27, 2015 8:03 AM

Oct 2009
Well that was ridiculously fun to watch! I was expecting to see Sei join in as well :(

This season had way to many ridiculous fights tbh, prefer the first season.

8/10
May 18, 2015 12:12 PM

Mar 2012
Disappointed it was basically a spin off series, not a sequel. However, loved the nod off to G Gundam...i found the action scenes far more impressive than the original season, though the story in this one doesn't really come close to the original. Also was a little disappointed of the lack of different gundam models, the original had a ton of appearances of different gundams, this one not so much. Perhaps one day they'll make a true sequel to the original...this wasn't bad, but not great either. 7/10 for bringing back my G Gundam childhood though

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 23, 2015 10:08 PM

Oct 2012
only China made a cameo out of the main characters ;_;
i wanted to see how my kawaii aila was doing >_<

although I prefer the previous season over the second, it was still pretty good. and i wouldn't mind a season 3 c:

Aug 2, 2015 1:16 PM

Nov 2012
This series was really trying its hardest to have the worst rivalries in all of Gundam, seriously they were all so forced, any character can just walk up to another and say "Hey I'm your rival now".
Finally finished with this one, 2nd season was extremely mediocre and couldnt even come close to the first, the battles were so one-sided and pretty boring except for one which was the full cloth vs the Gunpla Academy but that was about it .
Aug 29, 2015 7:32 AM
Mar 2013
RX-782 said:
This series was really trying its hardest to have the worst rivalries in all of Gundam, seriously they were all so forced, any character can just walk up to another and say "Hey I'm your rival now".
Finally finished with this one, 2nd season was extremely mediocre and couldnt even come close to the first, the battles were so one-sided and pretty boring except for one which was the full cloth vs the Gunpla Academy but that was about it .

It honestly felt like an official fanfic to me than a sequal. The whole replace cast with new mcs and then go to tournament, is what so many do in fanfiction. Not to mention they throw in that assimilation bull, but it is just there because, it has no importance. It really had hardly any connection with the first Season besides a few characters and that recap in episode 15. And the rivalrys, was just indeed terrible compared to Season 1 (I did like Shimon though, but they got him out so fast). Besides Sekai vs Shimon and Zaku Amazing vs Kamfer Amazing (and maybe Sekai vs Wilfrid rematch), I didn't like the other fights that much compared to the first season. Another thing that really made me frusterated was when we had true rival fights in the 3v3s, their teamates would constantly interfere with their battle against their personal rival, which the victory they get is then rendered not impressive, because they didn't beat their rival with their own strength. A perfect example is the Minato vs Yuuma. Their rivalry was built throughout the series, and Yuuma only stood a chance because of Fumina. As such his victory was not impressive, all it showed was he can't actually beat his rival on his own strength alone, which in turn just proves that his rival is actually the better of the two. Also, it was beyond stupid how Sekai got a new move out of nowhere just to beat Junya, but then he never used the move ever again. Another, is what part of Yuuma's jerk attitude towards Sekai in the first half is remotely realistic (his attitude was not justified at all, Sekai not being good at Gunpla doesn't give him the right to be a jerk to him and belittle him. And I really hate how none of the freaking characters or Ral get on Yuuma's case and tell him to quit acting like that towards Sekai. And since when is a person who prefers to have upfront fights compared to sneak fights a "brainless microb"?). Speaking of Yuuma, he is the worst written character in the show. He calls it quits and acts like a tragedy boy just because a guy insulted him in a match years ago-that is pathetic, no ifs or buts. As also mentioned, he's a jerk to Sekai and deserved to get slugged. His ego is another unlikable aspect of his character as well, acting like he can tell people what to do and thinks he knows everything and how things are going to go. And he also harbors revenge, throws a fit when he ASSUMES Saga is who he fought even though that is not the same Gunpla, and they never confirm it was actually Saga, and then whines like a baby when he can't have his pitiful revenge that isn't even justified. Then when he gets his big episode, the anime completely dodges the real problems with him-his attitude, ego and the fact he takes the sport waaay too seriously. Instead the anime wimps away with a little you merely put a limit on yourself. I hate him as a character, and I hate how the anime dodges the real issues with him rather than address it.
RoychopNov 16, 2017 9:35 AM
Sep 3, 2015 3:43 AM

Feb 2007
Akarin said:
Lol I'm sure this Fumina model was made just for the sake of future sales of the same figure by Sunrise :P

Took them a while, but it exists now! :D
Apr 21, 2016 1:01 AM

Mar 2014
"This isn't Goodbye." MOCHIRON DESU ~ . Gunpla is <3 .
The MEIJIN CUP !! With "Limitless possibilities" for LAUGHTER !!
VERY GREAT EPISODE ~ !!! The Fun never stops ~ !! The Champions :D

"Fist are Feelings ." You can express them on many different ways .
May it be to find your weaknesses , meet formidable rivals or love something even more !!
As long as it is pure in heart , It make take to an endless fun and joy !!
I certainly felt their Raging Souls . Their Innermost Mystery.
Being Gundam Build Fighters !! The Battle scenes didn't disappoint me either !!
Those Feelings are True !! They're amazing and full of epic-ness !! It wasn't that overall Great compared to S1 but It was TRULY ENJOYABLE . You can relate that to the Characters too ~ !! The Developments ~ .. I'm fond with them ~ . <3
Entertaining as it is , I wish more to come on the future !! :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2017 12:29 PM

Aug 2015
I adore the first season to the point where it's one of my favourite Gundam shows.
Try on the hand completely butchers everything that was great from season 1
The writing is on par Seed Destiny.
Bad tournament arc, lacklustre worldbuilding, butchered themes, bad pacing, Fumina being a supporting character half way through in the series. Is this fucking Seed Destiny all over again?
Sekai is a unlikable dumbass who later becomes Kira 2.0 half in aka Gary Sue.
Even Shin Asuka is better written than this bootleg Reiji.
Yuuma is just a edge-lord sei with no redeeming values whatsoever.
All of the supporting characters from Kaoruko and Minato are very poorly written especially the rivals.
Don't get me started with the Sekai Harem. It's so horrific to watch.
Build Fighters Try Stock Footage is almost as bad as Wing hell at times it can be Seed Destiny levels of bad.
Very predictable fights
Plot armour is out of control
Most of Sekai fights are asspulls
Recycled ost and finally the dub of Try is utter shit.
Build Fighters Try ruined everything.
Screw this season
4/10
Sep 6, 2017 10:14 AM
Jun 2017
Damn, I was hoping Sekai and Reiji would show up.
Sep 26, 2017 7:32 AM

Jun 2012
Da fuq up with Sekai's master being a Domon Kashu clone? If it had to be anyone I wouldve preferred Master Asia.
Oct 17, 2017 1:22 AM

Dec 2012
Mirai. She's slaying them shades.
Dat Unicorn.
What did Sakai make?
WTF! Susumu got another sibling.
Same shit I said Yuuma.
LMAO They violated Sakai.
LMAO at Sakai turning into dust.
Sekai is back.
Fumina blushing. Ral is itching again.
IGI ARI!
LMAO Dat light!
LMFAO at what Sakai made. He got the oppai size right. Nice.
LMAO It really winks.
LMAO at them trying to peek at the upskirt.
The armor comes off when it gets hit? Hit the shit out of it Yuuma.
Dat Kamiki Burning Gundam.
lol at Shia.
Fumina and Gyanko mad.
LMAO at everyone joining in.
Dat Unicorn.
Meijin Kawaguchi!
Ral!
LMAO Ral trying to see which ships happen.
Lady!
Dat God Gundam move.
Yuuma getting all the bitches.
Mirai slaying that swimsuit.
lol at Yomi scared as shit.
Adou's wrist.
Wilfrid and Shia meet Lucas.
Jun went to his master.
OMG! DOMON! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Dat trophy! They won!
Team Try Fighters! Go fight!

And that was the end. It was good, but just not better that the 1st season. The only thing it had better was the waifu's. Aila was my only waifu in Season 1 (Rinko is married and has a kid), but this season had Mirai, Fumina, Lady, and.....Eri. Disappointed that we only got to see Sei smile. Also, no Reiji and Aila. With that said, I'll miss my waifu's.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 2, 2020 8:20 AM

May 2015
This season was better than the previous one only because it didn't have silly plots like Gunpla Mafia or annoying chairman but the first season was better because of characters and overall feel, as well as battles, the general plot, and romantic subplots. So, in a lot of aspects, Try wasn't as good, really, and somewhat pales in comparison. But still enjoyable, I liked how they changed the format of battles to give it some uniqueness, and the connections to other characters were pretty neat. Although, not enough characters were shown, and the outcome seems kinda easy for them to win and very predictable. But still, they all had fun with Gunpla battles and I had fun watching it too, the last episode was also really nice.
Dec 9, 2022 2:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
unnecesary last episode....
well, a hilarious battle royale without deaths!!! kekeke

In general was good!

6/10

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2015

58 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 11:44 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2015

28 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 1:36 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

46 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 1:18 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

46 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 12:49 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2015

36 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.