Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »
Jan 27, 2017 3:59 PM

Jul 2009
There really isn't a "right" or "wrong," or a good and evil if you want my opinion. It's all about perspective.

For example: You give someone the option to push a button which instantly kills their most loved one, or 12 random infants. 99% of people are going to choose the latter, even if it's the "wrong" decision, but does that mean 99% of people are evil?

It's so much more complicated than that. My point is that arguing whether arbiter decisions throughout the series are right or wrong is pointless- because their really isn't such a thing. This kind of works to the series detriment and leaves a lot of questions about the general storyline and plot, unfortunately.

That said, the series was entertaining enough and brought forward some good emotions. I am glad I watched it. 7/10
Jan 31, 2017 9:35 PM

Jan 2017
Definite 10/10 for me. The anime was breathtaking, visually and emotionally.
Feb 3, 2017 11:49 PM
Jan 2015
Nice method of judgement from Decim imo

Changing the perspective, if I were the girl I would still choose NOT to press the button

Kinda expected them to depart in the final episode but didn't expect it to be THIS emotional o_O I even sobbed a little bit

9/10 Not a flawless anime as I think there should be more depth from Kurokami (I only judge based on the plot)
Feb 22, 2017 12:53 PM
Jul 2015
For fuck sake, if you didnt like the anime just dont profane it
Feb 22, 2017 1:05 PM
Jul 2015
F1rstcl4ssn00b said:
I was just thinking.. About Ginti's story, why did the cat not come back? Did the cat symbolize something?
About how he sent the girl and the idol to the void so she could be with him for eternity, doesn't that mean she was in bliss? She was in the void and did not expereicne fear or sadness.

Does this mean that the void could be heaven or hell depending on your intentions and emotions? much like rebirth could be heaven or hell depending on the life you experience and the freedom you have to choose your life.

Sorry, might belong to episode 11's discussion as well. Just had to put the thought somewhere.

Btw, I love Nona, so glad she didn't get taken off management or anything. Seemed like a peaceful ending for her. The fact that she said they didn't need to do anything could also mean the plan had suceeded, she got the ball rolling on Decim and Ginti. Thank You for this great show and message against suicide! :)

I think you didnt get it. On episode 9, the 2 paths are obviously the reincarnation & the void, its not heaven & hell, neither intention nor emotion cause its not related as far from the storyline.
Mar 17, 2017 11:00 AM

May 2016
I enjoyed watching “Death Parade” and did not feel like the creators were trying to squeeze out emotions out of the viewers. I think some people could actually relate to the characters because of how they were portrayed. I wish we were given more answers on why Nona implanted emotions into arbiters in the first place; how Oculus and Nona’s conflict was resolved (it seemed like the experiment with emotions stayed but Oculus was against such measures); how the judging system actually changed (including all arbiters).
All in all, the show reminded me of watching episodic shows like “Twilight Zone”, etc. that I used to watch as a kid, which is a good sign for me.
May 5, 2017 8:43 PM

Sep 2010
Very interesting series
May 17, 2017 3:09 PM
May 2017
I will probably be regarded as a dumb but I have to confess that I haven't really understood the end of death parade yet. Indeed, after the judgment of Decim, Chiyuki is supposed to be sent to reincarnation (or paradise). Consequently, her soul is supposed inhabit a new body on earth. But at the very end of the episode, we can see that she is sitting next to Decim ( or it's just me who becomes crazy? ).

So can someone explain me how can she sit next to Decim whereas she has been sent to reincarnation?

The only solution I found is that she became a kind of specter or memory which remains in Decim's head and kind of reminds him that he must judge properly people.

But it's not enough satisfying to me.

I apologize if there are some english faults, it's not my mother tongue, and I hope someone will answer me!

Thank u for reading!
May 21, 2017 1:37 AM

Mar 2012
Quite an enjoyable anime but also depressing. There wasn't really a happy ending after humans died. You either get sent to the void or end up getting resurrected.

Resurrection sounds like the preferred choice but you wouldn't really end up being the same you. It would be a similar but different person due to having a completely different life and experiences influencing who you become. The void on the other hand would be your soul getting lost in darkness for all eternity but from what I assume it would still be you. Like the same consciousness and what not. I know the show doesn't give to many details on how either of them work out but just something to think about.

It sucks that the only ones safe from this fate are the arbiters who aren't even human themselves. They talk about how they never lived and what not but that's pretty much what they are doing to be honest. They eat, sleep, drink, talk and show emotions (even though apparently they're not supposed to be able to). The only difference is they can't die or reproduce.

srafayms said:
wow, Decim made a dummy out of Chiyuki. And here i thought she was resurrected.

DODOLANDAIS said:
I will probably be regarded as a dumb but I have to confess that I haven't really understood the end of death parade yet. Indeed, after the judgment of Decim, Chiyuki is supposed to be sent to reincarnation (or paradise). Consequently, her soul is supposed inhabit a new body on earth. But at the very end of the episode, we can see that she is sitting next to Decim ( or it's just me who becomes crazy? ).

So can someone explain me how can she sit next to Decim whereas she has been sent to reincarnation?

The only solution I found is that she became a kind of specter or memory which remains in Decim's head and kind of reminds him that he must judge properly people.

But it's not enough satisfying to me.

I apologize if there are some english faults, it's not my mother tongue, and I hope someone will answer me!

Thank u for reading!

Their bodies get left behind and turned into dummies whether their souls get resurrected or sent to the void.
May 21, 2017 1:31 PM
May 2017
Thanks for explanations. Seems logical but thet should have made Chiyuki's doll like others ( with visible articulations like the pianist doll) in order to make it more obvious and then avoid that dummies like me make people waste time and faith in human kind! ;)
May 23, 2017 5:26 AM

Jun 2016
DODOLANDAIS said:
Thanks for explanations. Seems logical but thet should have made Chiyuki's doll like others ( with visible articulations like the pianist doll) in order to make it more obvious and then avoid that dummies like me make people waste time and faith in human kind! ;)

as far as i remember, she was sent to the void.
Jun 13, 2017 2:46 PM
Jan 2012

Waaaait, did Oculus say the arbiters are made of the human souls sent to the void? If so, that only makes it worse. :(

I am glad Chiyuki didn't press the button. That only made her character stronger for me. Part of me wished that somehow she would stay in the bar with Decim, but I guess that wouldn't be fair given all the other humans had to go through judgement. Then again, fairness hasn't been a strong point of Death Parade. At least she got to reincarnate.

It was quite weird that Decim's eyes became human-like and then went back to puppet-like.

Lastly, I wonder what happened to Ginti's cat? Why was there even a cat there? Surely it wasn't an actual cat, but a puppet too.

This was an enjoyable ride. I will give it a 9/10.
Jul 4, 2017 7:19 AM
Apr 2017
The Feels stab me right in the heart

Decim was actually crying for Chiyuki Plus! they hugged each other!
Decim x Chiyuki 4 LIFE!!!

Why did Chiyuki have to go?! 😭😭😭 i've been crying for about 15 minutes now
/Users/jjohnson2/Desktop/Personal/Other/tumblr_nhd0wmMAE51rbrys3o3_500.gif
Jul 10, 2017 12:12 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What a finale! It was a definitely sensational ending to a marvelous series even though it was essentially more like the perfect Chiyuki's ending. Nonetheless, it was great end to a certain extent of the whole story in general as well. Little disappointed that Oculus and Nona didn't get into a real fight since the laws were clearly neglected by Nona. Well, when compared to the emotional feels that this episode provided, it is simply and quite rightly so overlooked. Highlight moments of this episode include when Decim and Chiyuki were crying together while hugging as this meant a lot for both of them, particularly Decim as he finally got to understand human emotions a lot more; Ginti creating another doll of Mayu which is really pleasing to see after having forced them to leave; Nona's dodge and consequently expressing her doubts in the system after gaining a more solid understanding of human emotions; Decim's farewell smile as well as his earlier failed attempt; and lastly to see a puppet in regards to Chiyuki. Overall, it was a fantastic ending to Chiyuki's story as well as the whole story, however only to a certain extent through implications made during the course of the season. I might be a little too late to the party, but here's to a Second Season despite it being almost two years now and without any sort of confirmation whatsoever.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 11, 2017 7:41 AM

Sep 2010
Damn. Those 11 episodes were worth it just to see this emotional rollercoaster finale.
Glad to see Decim "living" despite being a dummy.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Jul 21, 2017 2:07 PM

Jun 2017
Damn, I cried. I was really close to sobbing when Chiyuki's mother was saying she was a failure as a mother and when Decim started crying as well. Decim's smile at the end was really nice.
Jul 30, 2017 2:55 AM

Aug 2016
What do you mean this is it? you cant just leave me here like an emotional clusterfuck you cheeky shits, the tears are still drying on my face. Also there are so many things that werent resolved, jisoos. i better get that second season soon or i will physically combust. bye
Jul 30, 2017 5:05 PM

Oct 2013
Wasn't expecting all too much from this show but oh did it deliver, loved every episode.

Aug 4, 2017 11:35 PM

Aug 2016
Love, jealousy, hatred, sadness, happiness, repentance, resentment. The anime that takes its characters to the limit, taking them to the edge of desesperation to judge they with firm hand at the end or continuation of their existence. Great ending for a great anime.

5/5
Aug 7, 2017 11:32 AM

Jan 2017
I want another season :(
Sep 2, 2017 6:16 PM
Mar 2016
seeing decim like that was the highlight of my day. 7/10
Sep 17, 2017 11:10 AM
Aug 2015
This episode made me cry when I watched it and I watched it again today and it made me cry again. I feel like I new all along what would happen, but it was still touching just to see it play out, because Yuki went through a ton in the show and seeing it all come together and her fully break down was great
Oct 9, 2017 10:09 AM
Feb 2017
This was quite enjoyable but i was expecting better. It gets a little boring in the middle other than that episode of Mayu and Harada. It was disappointing that she ended up going to the void tho. The finale was allright. I honestly thought that she would end up in the void cuz even tho she didnt press the button she asked him to press it for her. Oh well at least we got a happy ending, kinda.
Oct 22, 2017 2:30 AM
Oct 2017
I was wandering if somebody could help me........ I keep waking up with the death parade ending song playing in my head and thought of the worst.......does this mean something?
Oct 28, 2017 2:09 AM
Oct 2017
Why is Reincarnation presented as a good thing?

From what I can tell, when you're reincarnated, you lose all memories of your previous life; your memories and personality are completely erased, so you're reincarnated as someone entirely different.

How is this any better than The Void, where at least there you still have your memories/soul intact?

The 3rd episode especially bugged the hell out of me because the implication being that the two childhood friends will never remember each other once they are reincarnated; they will be two completely different people than their past lives and will have no recollection of their relationship with each other, especially their first and final date. They'll probably be born in two completely different parts of the world.

The same applies to Chiyuki, as she'll never meet her mother again, and instead will be reincarnated as a completely different person with no recollection of her previous life and relationships.

That's just way too tragic, yet the show presented their reincarnation (along with that of other characters) as a good thing?
orochi91Oct 30, 2017 6:08 PM
Oct 29, 2017 11:25 AM
Jun 2017
Finally an anime without a stupid finale! I loved how Decim broke down in front of Chiyuki and exchanged that one last smile :')... He even made the damn mannequin :D
Overall, I think Decim unlocked his actual self because of our human Chiyuki. The cause of Chiyuki's death made me think of what all the families of suiciders must've felt. This anime could've been better if they showed more games/matches :/
8/10 :3
Nov 22, 2017 1:06 PM

Dec 2016
A touching and beautiful ending to a great show. A fun ride, and man that OP is the definition of greatness
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 1, 2017 12:19 PM
Mar 2016
My heart!!! Whaa!! That middle scene with the mother just hurt...badly. But it fascinating about the experiment Nona is conducting. Although this is perfect at one season, I kinda wish that there's something like a sequel or spin off to see what happens because Oculus is against all this. Watching Decum trying to smile was funny. I really enjoyed the series even if my heart got torn in two a few times, and it does make you wonder about human nature and about after death.
Jan 17, 2018 8:43 AM
Apr 2017
The ending kinda ruin it, I was gonna rate it 9/10 at ep 11, although it's clearly an impulse decision
But with this ending even with the impulse still kicking (ignoring all the flaws and enjoy only parts I like), I would drop it to 8
Feb 2, 2018 12:30 AM
Jun 2013
Man emotions were sure as hell felt with this final episode. We even had decim breaking down. I also like how he made a doll dedicated to her. I was a little confused on how does the whole the void souls actually make the arbiters and basiaclly everyone else. Also why the hell ginti have the doll of the girl he screwed over. Are they trying to saw that he cares. I mean that ship has sailed long ago. In the end I loved the show and I think there was only like what 1 meh episode. It feels like there are more things to explore but who knows if we ill get a season 2.
Feb 2, 2018 12:37 AM
Jun 2013
orochi91 said:
Why is Reincarnation presented as a good thing?

From what I can tell, when you're reincarnated, you lose all memories of your previous life; your memories and personality are completely erased, so you're reincarnated as someone entirely different.

How is this any better than The Void, where at least there you still have your memories/soul intact?

The 3rd episode especially bugged the hell out of me because the implication being that the two childhood friends will never remember each other once they are reincarnated; they will be two completely different people than their past lives and will have no recollection of their relationship with each other, especially their first and final date. They'll probably be born in two completely different parts of the world.

The same applies to Chiyuki, as she'll never meet her mother again, and instead will be reincarnated as a completely different person with no recollection of her previous life and relationships.

That's just way too tragic, yet the show presented their reincarnation (along with that of other characters) as a good thing?

I think its cause you know your getting a second chance so there some piece to it. Also even if you dont remember fate can lead you to a loved one again. In the void going by ginti description you keep falling and you will eventually be consumed by negative emotions. Doesint help if you die with regret ether since your living with that regret forever in that dark fall.
Mar 15, 2018 6:24 PM
Oct 2017
mo tristeza do carai
Apr 7, 2018 12:52 PM

Nov 2017
Good ending for a good show. Loved every episode and scenario for the entire anime
May 1, 2018 7:56 AM
Jul 2016
I was so happy that in the end Decim smiled.. the ice skating she was very beautiful I loved to see how she got her memories back while skating..
And when she was given the option to press the button, I was just like "don't don't don't!!" and I am so glad that she didn't.
There's also made Decim cry and that was a very emotional scene 💚
I am glad that he was able to smile ..

I also like Nona a lot and I pitied her.. I really feel bad for all the arbiters.. in such a life cursed? but then again, that wasn't a life to begin with..

The Anime in general made me happy. All the characters were very diverse and their story, their life made me think..

Their stories made me cry too.. like the actress who was treated wrong her whole life, the boy who committed suicide, the girl who underwent a Cosmetic surgery, the Mangaka who had a good life, Decim crying.. and a lot more...

I am glad that I watched this anime.. 10/10
May 2, 2018 7:59 AM

Feb 2018
This was really sad but also a strangely satisfying conclusion.
May 13, 2018 11:04 PM

Jun 2011
It's been 2 years, and this is still one of my fave anime ever
May 17, 2018 1:44 AM

Sep 2017
#900th post

Okay episode. Not much I learned from this slow paced series. 6/10 overall.

Nice art.

(The beard twirling was kinda NSFW and erotic.)

The Chavvot story seems to be referencing how the living people(deaf) can't interact with the dead.

Well, what if Decim actually showed her mom's actual scenario in real life and what he said was true about restoring her to life? I hoped they left that question lying around.

I expected more from this series and for the most part, this was boring and poorly written at the end. Cliche ending.

Kaiji was a better series at exploring life and death than this series can ever match up to be. Death Parade is just one of Madhouse's recent failures post 2011. I hope Madhouse gets itself back on track to bring the classics back.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 9, 2018 4:31 AM

Jan 2017
really enjoyed the existential theme of this show.
hated the ending.
essentially used decim's emotional side as a scapegoat for revealing chiyuki's morality
Oct 26, 2018 2:45 PM

Jan 2010

And then Decim's heart grew three sizes that day.

Arbiters are supposed to be sentient puppets or something? Why were they created with the ability to feel emotions and conspire against their apparent god? And also, they live in the present? Is there a concept of time in the afterlife?
ShockedOct 26, 2018 2:49 PM
Jan 8, 2019 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
This was really beautiful. Few things make me want to rip my heart out and throw it like a grown ass man sobbing.
Jan 12, 2019 6:29 AM
Jan 2019
eijem said:
It's been 2 years, and this is still one of my fave anime ever

Do you have an anime that you can recommend?
Jan 12, 2019 6:35 AM
Jan 2019
_HeroKenzan_ said:
So it comes to an end with an ending,as predicted,that is rather touching.
I didn't like that Decim showed sympathy but whatever.
Sadly this show didn't live up to the greatness that was Death Billiards and even as a standalone work it couldn't really impress me,there were too much things that were badly executed and it tried way too hard to be deep & mature and turned into a pretentious mess imo.I feel that the biggest flaw a show like this could have is it's writing and oh boy the writing...poor.
An average show and one of Madhouse weaker works imo,I want to state one more time how great the OP is though.
The overall package(Ost,animation,premise) was good,but the content not that much.While it managed to be entertaining,it tried to be way more than just that and failed,at least in my honest opinion.5/10 and I hope Madhouse's next work will be more to my liking. ;)

I actually like Death Parade because it happens in real life situation. People gets jealous leading to death; betrayal, manipulation.etc. Anti-hero characters. (Good person who wants to save someone leading them to do bad things such as Light from Death Note) . I like Death Parade simply because it shows that humans are simple and fragile.
Jan 21, 2019 1:11 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, it was very touching. I really liked this episode. And the whole anime was very good. 8/10
Decim is one noticable character that I won't forget!
Feb 16, 2019 9:52 PM
Jan 2017
i love the ending,, chisuyu its ver waqnt to live after giving the illusion from her memories and this very touching moment when decim trying to know and understand the human feeling,, even decim crying so much after feel chisuyu feel,, but its hurt,, the doll has the feeling ,, interesting anime,,, but i dont like with the concept of death in this anime just seem that the death like very simple thing,, just death and choose send them to reincarnation or trap in nothingless,,
Apr 21, 2019 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
Shocked said:

And then Decim's heart grew three sizes that day.

Arbiters are supposed to be sentient puppets or something? Why were they created with the ability to feel emotions and conspire against their apparent god? And also, they live in the present? Is there a concept of time in the afterlife?

Just like how in the bible, God gave humans free will, in the universe of Death Parade, God gave the arbiters free will.

The laws were made by the arbiters, not by a higher power, and they have free will, something they were unaware of until now.

At least that's my view on it.
removed-userApr 21, 2019 3:25 PM
May 17, 2019 7:49 PM

Sep 2017
Episode reaction: A good ending to the show. I loved the moments between Chiyuki and Decim, and Decim finally obtaining the emotions he so desperately sought was beautiful. I love Ginti's little Mayu doll too. Also, god damn Oculus was fucking creepy this episode. Not sure I necessarily enjoyed the direction his character took...

Series as a whole reaction: This show was an emotional rollercoaster from start to finish, and while it didn't necessarily have the 14/10 stories that some other shows have, I don't really think this show needed one. It had a message it wanted to deliver and it did just that. I can definitely see where some people wouldn't enjoy this show, but I loved it and can see myself wholeheartedly recommending it. 8/10.

GytanzoJun 29, 2019 7:37 PM
May 20, 2019 10:25 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty good series, but as with a lot of 1 cour anime it had the potential to be so much better.
May 25, 2019 2:03 PM

Feb 2019
I heart broke when Decim cried, broke more when Decim and Chiyaki said farewell! I was so glad to see Decim smile in the end and see Chiyaki's doll placed beside the bar. I loved this anime but I wish it could have been more than 12 episodes, I found the plot was a little rushed at the end. Definitely hoping for a season two at some point!
Jun 13, 2019 10:25 AM

Jun 2019
Final ep..

Impressive series, and a perfectly and fittingly emotional final. This series is truly a masterpice. The Characters were interesting and deep, the episode that featured guests were not built on a repetitve formula (like i excepted in after the 1st ep.), and everyone, Including the smallest background characters had truly well developed, almost-realistc human-like personalities. The final just blew me away....

Truly the handwork of a passionte creator, instatly going to rewatch after i finish everything i want to....
Oct 21, 2019 1:55 AM
Jul 2019
I hope people decide to give suicide a second thought, cause it is never a good idea. Imagine if the same thing happened to you here. Anyway, this gave me a valuable lesson about life, enjoyed the hell out of it. OP is one of the biggest reasons why I find this anime great, always looking forward to it. 8/10. GG Madhouse.
Pages (14) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

596 by oDaw1 »»
Mar 25, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2015

674 by Listone »»
Mar 24, 6:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.