Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 26, 2015 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that was nice overall for the finale. They even gave Mask last moments to shine which I am quite satisfied with.

Is it also just me or does there seem to be more cheerleaders than usual? Not as much action as some of the previous episodes but the atmospheric way the finale was handled was interesting. Overall, I'm satisfied. Loved some of the final moments with Bell riding that machine down the mountain :p
Mar 26, 2015 11:23 PM
Jul 2018
The fight between Mask and Bellri was decent.

Nice to see Bellri is riding a machine down the mountains.
Mar 27, 2015 3:24 AM

Sep 2008
Just saw the last chapter.. and still dont know what the fuck happened in the entire series and who was fighting who and for what lol, but still kinda liked it.
Mar 27, 2015 4:40 AM

Sep 2013
Xellitoss said:
Just saw the last chapter.. and still dont know what the fuck happened in the entire series and who was fighting who and for what lol, but still kinda liked it.

Yeah this was my experience in a nutshell. The writing was very convoluted at times, which was rather sad considering all they would have had to do was have someone basically blurt out what exactly is happening. Even the classic anime easy way out, walking talking exposition, is better than this messy product. Still, I can't deny that I had hell of a lot of fun with the series overall. Tomino's quirks are just fun to follow, especially the character interactions are lovely and unique, something that I really can't find in modern anime. The animation was also extremely fluid and beautiful, which made the mecha battles a blast to watch.

The ending was very nice too, although it would have perhaps required a couple more minutes to pace it better. Now it almost felt like everything was solved too quickly. Still, the final fight between Mask and Bellri was great and I liked the little UC reference. ^^

Apparently Mask tai made the black haired girl pregnant, great job man! And Bellri went hiking to mount Fuji or something... what the hell. It was never resolved if he actually was Aida's sister was it? Now I don't know what to believe.

This series is in the 5-6 realm for me, but the Tomino bias raises is up to a whopping 7/10, at least for now. Good job Tomino-san.
Mar 27, 2015 6:18 AM
Apr 2014
Way too many childish ideals and themes. I like how pretty much none of the main characters die, yet a ton of the characters on the other side died. That reminded me of power rangers lol. No on foot battles, no emotion over the handful of characters that did die. Its like once a new episode starts, all of the past is forgotten.
RyushenMar 27, 2015 6:24 AM
Mar 27, 2015 6:25 AM
Apr 2007
Well, looks like Destiny isn't the worst of the bunch anymore.
Mar 27, 2015 6:37 AM
Dec 2008
BahamutZero said:

My group on Saturday couldn't even watch beyond episode 5. The writing was terrible and the characters had no real depth. Add to that the who, "what", when, where, why of WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? To Gundam fans like us it just didn't feel like Gundam.
Mar 27, 2015 6:58 AM
Jul 2014
Ryushen said:
Way too many childish ideals and themes. I like how pretty much none of the main characters die, yet a ton of the characters on the other side died. That reminded me of power rangers lol. No on foot battles, no emotion over the handful of characters that did die. Its like once a new episode starts, all of the past is forgotten.

Those stuck in the past be it kuntalas or old wars are destined to be unhappy and possibly get themselves killed. This is really well shown by Mask who is constantly on Bellri the last episode yet Bellri never seems to care about him in a rivalry sense. Bellri doesn’t see him as an enemy but Luin can’t stand that bell hasn’t checked his privileges, all despite Bellri being the nicest guy ever.

That’s also why the series doesn’t go into stuff like Kuntalas so much. It’s an idea of the past that we must work away from. Being held up on it be it cause they oppress or were oppressed doesn’t help either side.

Tomino saying this show is for kids makes sense in this context. He’s telling them not to live out their parents grudges. That's a lot less childish than "Do what I say or I'll have my husband destroy you" UNDERSTANDING or hated is wrong but I can tell that went over your head since it wasn't simple enough.
Mar 27, 2015 7:54 AM
Sep 2012
Man that finale was great.
I could hardly believe it was only 24 minutes! All of the world building and (confusing) political intrigue led up to this amazing final battle!
I'm definitely up for a sequel because there are things I'd like them to go into more detail about, but I'm really satisfied with show. 8/10
Mar 27, 2015 8:48 AM
Apr 2008
Heibi said:
BahamutZero said:

My group on Saturday couldn't even watch beyond episode 5. The writing was terrible and the characters had no real depth. Add to that the who, "what", when, where, why of WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? To Gundam fans like us it just didn't feel like Gundam.

In the end I wonder does this show even make any sense? I can't figure out what's going on as well.
Mar 27, 2015 9:12 AM
May 2014
Good points:
- Bellri vs. Mask was decent
- like the last episodes, the characters have showed that they are ready to fight for real, killing if it's necessary

Bad points:
- "Hi, my name is Luin and I've lost the fight and didn't stop the future dictator, but that's ok, that ship is really beautiful"
- "Hi, I'm from Venus Globe and I have this WTF idea that war is the history's motor; because of that I've been killing some people; I've lost the fight, but that's ok, I'm pregnant"
- "Hi, my name is Aida and I was useless as always"
- "Hi, my name is Klim and I order this ship, a peaceful future symbol, to crash that guy"
- "Hi, my name is EverySingleCharacterOf TheShow, and my ideals are obscure, but I keep fighting and yelling ideological and disconnected bullshit"

Oh my, I respect who liked the show, I really do, but I didn't like at all...
T.T
Mar 27, 2015 9:21 AM
May 2014
bakuenjincamillo said:
I could hardly believe it was only 24 minutes! All of the world building and (confusing) political intrigue led up to this amazing final battle!
I'm definitely up for a sequel because there are things I'd like them to go into more detail about, but I'm really satisfied with show. 8/10

Bakuenkincamillo, would you mind explain the motivations of each side of the conflict? It's a sincere question, I could not understand D:
Mar 27, 2015 10:18 AM

Sep 2008
such a random ending... even more, a random series,it's the first gundam i watch witout a charming love story and a badass war (i mean...what the fuck? who hated who and why!)

-ehm, towasanga hated earthlings...because...reasons..they went to war because they hated earthlings wars ,wut!?
-capital tower was figthing becasuse it needs to protect the spacial cord (su cord?)
-ameria(america? lol) was just bitching arround tryin to prove they are the best (kinda like real life XD)
-venus glove was mad because the technology they regected anded up in some other hands

felipegomid said:

Bad points:
- "Hi, my name is Luin and I've lost the fight and didn't stop the future dictator, but that's ok, that ship is really beautiful"
- "Hi, I'm from Venus Globe and I have this WTF idea that war is the history's motor; because of that I've been killing some people; I've lost the fight, but that's ok, I'm pregnant"
- "Hi, my name is Klim and I order this ship, a peaceful future symbol, to crash that guy"
- "Hi, my name is EverySingleCharacterOf TheShow, and my ideals are obscure, but I keep fighting and yelling ideological and disconnected bullshit"

yeah...too nonsensical..
i gess te fact that i was waiting for proper explanations and the fact that i love gundam are the reasons i kept coming back

arent they ashamed that gundam build figthers was such an epic series and this one will never be remembered(in two weeks i'll forget all about this gundam's history, while i can still remember every story arc of evry other gundam, even 10 years later,thats sad)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 27, 2015 10:25 AM

May 2010
I liked it, but it's more about liking what's good about it rather than letting the bad parts bring it down. I wanted it to be my favorite of the Gundam series and that won't happen because of those things... The nonsensical characters and plot... but I loved the animation and the battles.
Mar 27, 2015 11:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The fight scenes were good in the finale but other than that this finale was so nonsensical

Like.....Manny, you were just all buddy buddy with Belri and the gang and now a few hours later you want them to die????

That's the biggest problem that I had with this series, the tone shifts were AWFUL and the way characters would just act one way one second and act another a second later really bugs me

Regardless, this series was okay but I can't give this more than a 6/10 and that's being generous
Mar 27, 2015 11:45 AM
Jul 2014
felipegomid said:
bakuenjincamillo said:

Bakuenkincamillo, would you mind explain the motivations of each side of the conflict? It's a sincere question, I could not understand D:

Capital Army was created to take control of the Capital Tower as well as build military strength for the territory.

Dorette and G-IT Corps wanted a reconguista to seize earth having exhausted their resources and having weak bodies due to artificial gravity.

Ameria wanted to take the Capital territory.

Then again can't expect a site that praises A/Z to get a simple story like this anyways.
Mar 27, 2015 12:12 PM
Jul 2011
I want more! Too bad people didn't like the series. :(
I guess shows that have CG mech with plethoric lens flares and princesses featuring cliché protagonist is the trend to these cool kids I mean people.
Seriously, what not to understand to this show? The angle is so clear!
Mar 27, 2015 12:23 PM

Nov 2012
As the first Gundam series (aside from GBF and GBFT) that I watched this was pretty damn disappointing,guess I'll watch the original Gundam (and all the other UC Gundams) at some point in the future.

3/10.
Mar 27, 2015 1:13 PM

Sep 2011
This last episode was a comedic masterpiece, holy shit could this have been any more slapsticky

seriously this episode was so enjoyable soleely cause of how all over the place it was

VanishingKira said:
As the first Gundam series (aside from GBF and GBFT) that I watched this was pretty damn disappointing,guess I'll watch the original Gundam (and all the other UC Gundams) at some point in the future.

3/10.
its not a perfect series but the original had alot of merits even with alot of dated execution, i recommend watching the compilation movies instead though when it comes to its sequel zeta gundam stick only to the TV series, the tv series aged really well while the movies made in the mid 2000's were butchered.

Though one thing to look forword to is if you want to see G-reco done right, it actually exsists, its called turn-A gundam and a majority of G-reco is just a watered down and incoherent copy of it. Its technically stand alone but i reccomend watching at leats the U universe first(fist gundam known as 079 < zeta < ZZ < CCA < unicorn)
TachiiApr 1, 2015 6:52 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 27, 2015 5:46 PM

Sep 2008
This episode perfectly summarizes the problems with this entire show.

NotJizzyHitler said:
This last episode was a comedic masterpiece, holy shit could this have been any more slapsticky

seriously this episode was so enjoyable soleely cause of how all over the place it was

Bestest Gundam Death ever.

So what was this Plunder that Klim Nick kept talking about?
TachiiApr 1, 2015 6:53 PM
Mar 27, 2015 7:04 PM

Nov 2008
Either -

Tomino gave the audience The Finger because he was pissed because he didn't get 52 episodes to do the series right

Or -

Tomino is suffering Alzheimer's and didn't realize that he continuously left out huge parts of the story

In any event, G Reco is not the background to Turn A that I expected. Something else much nastier will need to happen to Earth and the Space Folk in order to set them back into the pre-industrial era.

Oh well - there were so many more absolutely terrible anime series that were broadcast over the past six months that it wasn't a total waste of my time to watch this.
Mar 27, 2015 7:21 PM

Apr 2013
They don't make Gundams like they use to. I'm going to go re-watch the classics just to get this out of my head.
Mar 27, 2015 8:23 PM
Oct 2009
So glad that this shit series is over with and likely the last time ever that senile old man Tomino will ever direct a Gundam series or anything ever. Destiny, Age and Reconguista are the trifecta of series to avoid. Only worth watching for how bad they are and laugh at them.

Also lol at choco getting butt hurt at people's opinion at this series, let it go, it's just a bad series, learn to live with it.

Anyways whatever next series comes out no way it can hit the lows of G Recong. Just tell a competent story and I'll already will be a better series.
Mar 27, 2015 8:40 PM

Sep 2010
So wait everyone was just like "lol we try and kill each other, but we all cool now" at the end. I just don't understand...

Well at least Klim and Ringo lived so thats all that matters to me.

Still better than Aldnoah.Zero which I will be giving a 2 or 1/10 depending on the finale tomorrow.

5/10

NotJizzyHitler said:

I don't know which Gundam death is the best this one or that one from Victory Gundam that involved a motorcycle. xD
TachiiApr 1, 2015 6:54 PM
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 27, 2015 9:43 PM

Aug 2014
Nice cameo. More or less the same situation as the previous episode, not sure what's so confusing about the battle. Kuntala's oppression is downplayed, intentional or not, which makes Luin and the rest of the Kuntala's motivations seem trivial. On the contrary, Tomino's quite heavy-handed with his political commentary this time, though that was expected from his interviews. The aftermath's whatever, and the loose connection to UC was disappointing. I'm sure he had enough material for the usual 50 episodes. The mech designs were great, and the show had it's charm, but overall, this ranks low for me as a Tomino Gundam, with only ZZ trailing.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 28, 2015 2:29 AM
Nov 2014
as a gundan fan..

this show really sucks..

Frankly i enjoy Build's much more better than this..Sure this show got amazing arts, amazing battle scene but those got old fast especially with nonsensical characters interactions and behavior. The show got nothing beside amazing graphics and animation..

however, it really shows Tomino's anime's style all over it. so for those who like it, good for them. I just dont want Tomino's to direct more gundam's series in the future.
Mar 28, 2015 4:13 AM

Apr 2012
I didn't get the ending.
Really.

7/10 because I enjoyed the battles, the MS designs grew on me, and that ED is so damn catchy.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 28, 2015 4:35 AM

Jul 2012
Okay, I didn't get a lot of things in this show. It just didn't make sense, especially the ending :O.

5/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 28, 2015 9:59 AM
May 2014
beavermml said:
as a gundan fan..

this show really sucks..

Frankly i enjoy Build's much more better than this..Sure this show got amazing arts, amazing battle scene but those got old fast especially with nonsensical characters interactions and behavior. The show got nothing beside amazing graphics and animation..

however, it really shows Tomino's anime's style all over it. so for those who like it, good for them. I just dont want Tomino's to direct more gundam's series in the future.

Amen.
Mar 28, 2015 10:19 AM
Oct 2012
2/10

This is the first series that I could not explain to my friends what it was about. Usually they would ask whats good this season. I would be telling the name of the series and a short description i.e. Durarara: headless dullahan rider looking for her head in Japan. Garo: group of demon hunters trying to fight some evil priest dude. Even avant garde series such as FLCL or Monogatari franchise i could easily describe it to friends.

So basically, to sum up this series
1. It's Gundam with a big G
2. Some old-apparently-creator is spearheading the project
3. It was given a large funding and a thick script written by god knows who
4. Voice actors/actress themselves are not quite sure what this show is about
5. It has characters that don't interact with each other like regular humans
6.It's a complete, utter, garbage.

Honestly, a missed opportunity. Looking forward to the next Gundam directed by other people.
Mar 28, 2015 10:52 AM

Mar 2008
RIP Gundam Reconguista....you really will not be missed.

I suppose you can give the show credit for being consistent from start to finish. Characters constantly doing random and stupid things, good action scenes, god awful plot, and completely forgettable. Yep, this has officially stolen the title of worst Gundam I've ever seen.

Here's hoping the next main show can be handled properly.
Mar 28, 2015 12:27 PM

Oct 2007
Another Gundam series ends and I again get the feeling I'm the only one that got the purpose, themes and general idea behind it all. I really find it so strange that people had this much trouble following the story line as it's just really not all that complicated at all, I might even go so far as to call it quite simple since it basically comes down to the idea of not being chained down by the prejudices and mistakes of your ancestors and is a suitably (and surprisingly) lighthearted critique of current Japanese politics and the trend towards re-militarization. I feel like if you fail to understand the context in which this show is being made then it's no small wonder it fails to make much sense to people and it just seems like nobody picked up on it and think it's supposed to be god knows what instead. I also continue to get the sense that people didn't even really try with this one and it was yet again the case of a Gundam series breaking from a lot of the expectations of what makes a Gundam show that is the problem.

Of course people always seem to say they simply cannot follow Gundam storylines so I really don't see the difference here. I remember people being utterly befuddled by 00 and it's themes and just taking to talking about irrelevant shit like shipping and complaining non stop about the 00 Raisers performance so it just strikes me as another no win scenario for the Gundam franchise.
Mar 28, 2015 2:53 PM
Dec 2008
dudeinthewater said:
2/10

This is the first series that I could not explain to my friends what it was about. Usually they would ask whats good this season. I would be telling the name of the series and a short description i.e. Durarara: headless dullahan rider looking for her head in Japan. Garo: group of demon hunters trying to fight some evil priest dude. Even avant garde series such as FLCL or Monogatari franchise i could easily describe it to friends.

So basically, to sum up this series
1. It's Gundam with a big G
2. Some old-apparently-creator is spearheading the project
3. It was given a large funding and a thick script written by god knows who
4. Voice actors/actress themselves are not quite sure what this show is about
5. It has characters that don't interact with each other like regular humans
6.It's a complete, utter, garbage.

Honestly, a missed opportunity. Looking forward to the next Gundam directed by other people.

The worst part is, we Gundam fans all heard about the new Gundam series that's coming. We looked forward to it, we read about whatever we could find, we looked at the art and said "Looks good" - then: "What the hell is this garbage?" I've been watching Gundam for a long time. I've watched the original, 0080, 0083, Char's Counterattack, Zeta, ZZ, F91, 8th MS, 00, Seed, Seed: Destiny, Turn A, Age(like a more than this - an actual real storyline), Unicorn. One thing they all had in common that this one lacked - real writing and directing. Even the Gundam Build series(1 and 2) have better writing and story.
Mar 28, 2015 3:03 PM

Feb 2013
The only thing I'll miss about this forgettable entry is Kaioshin_Sama's bitching about "people not getting it"
Mar 28, 2015 3:42 PM
Jul 2014
King_of_Devils said:
The only thing I'll miss about this forgettable entry is Kaioshin_Sama's bitching about "people not getting it"

And the best part is that he's not wrong since we still have people asking stupid questions up until the end. I guess the next Gundam series will be super slow so people can understand it better but then they'll complain about it being slow.
Mar 28, 2015 3:59 PM

Aug 2007
I'm glad this show is finally over. The plot was bland, the art was stale and and colourless, the animation was sloppy... This obviously didn't have a very big budget behind it, but it also just didn't feel like Gundam. It felt like a cheap knockoff. Not up to par at all compared to anything else UC has to offer. Which is sad for a show that came out in 2014 as part of the anniversary.
Mar 28, 2015 5:00 PM
Nov 2014
felipegomid said:
Good points:
- Bellri vs. Mask was decent
- like the last episodes, the characters have showed that they are ready to fight for real, killing if it's necessary

Bad points:

Oh my, I respect who liked the show, I really do, but I didn't like at all...
T.T

Pretty much summed it up for large majority of audience.. :):)
cant stop laughing as i read your post
Mar 28, 2015 5:14 PM
Dec 2008
ChocoBar9 said:
King_of_Devils said:

And the best part is that he's not wrong since we still have people asking stupid questions up until the end. I guess the next Gundam series will be super slow so people can understand it better but then they'll complain about it being slow.

Actually the next show will have a decent script, well defined characters, storyline and a good director. That's all Gundam fans demand.
Mar 28, 2015 5:15 PM
Nov 2014
One of the most complex background setting story in Gundam History is over... but how many would really understood the complex stuff without reading a single page of material, solely watch the show and get the information presented as it is?
I can safety say 95% plus percent of audience would not get it!

This show is pretty strong for the weekly battle sequences that does not feel like the old school giant robo shows, at least most of them has solid logic behind, just such logic is buried deep in the casual conversation between characters often in the thick of the action.

The mech design are excellent in terms of shape and variety and weaponry, cant wait for the design bible to check out them all. G-self alone has close to a dozen backpack that 'BanDie' would need a large box to contain them all in a kit.

THis show is rather weak in telling the background of the story... any critic that did not seen the director's past shows would not forgive this method of story telling and plot presentation. One can note that there was almost no prior event being told, all the stuff are presented in REAL TIME, no flashbacks, no independent scenes that describe characters past, plans, motivation, the story floats in real time, the audience watch it unfold as time progress. Hence develop the sense of float but lack the coherent connecting the motives of various characters and factors. Little wonder why the many state they dont understand whats going on, any one stood watching a street argument half way wouldnt understood whats going on unless they ask another onlooker what happen earlier for more details. This element was why the show seems different and pretty fun yet lacking in so many places other story wouldn't lack. (Just look at how far back the back story was required for Gundam Origins to understood the problem of ReCon-G.)

I would give this show 7/10, given there wont be another director brave enough or get the green light to made a gundam show in such fashion.
Mar 28, 2015 5:21 PM
Nov 2014
BahamutZero said:

Destiny's failure was very different to this show, Destiny lost the plot half way, never picks it up after the strong start.

This show, it never lost the plot, just audience never get the full picture of the plot!
Mar 28, 2015 5:38 PM
Jul 2014
Heibi said:
ChocoBar9 said:

Actually the next show will have a decent script, well defined characters, storyline and a good director. That's all Gundam fans demand.

You can see into the future now? Also which "Gundam fans" are you talking about given that the "Gundam fans" here has Gundam Unicorn as the highest rated Gundam series on the site more so than 0079 where it essentially shitted on UC I would say you people don't care about any of that at all.
Mar 28, 2015 8:46 PM
Dec 2008
ChocoBar9 said:
Heibi said:

You can see into the future now? Also which "Gundam fans" are you talking about given that the "Gundam fans" here has Gundam Unicorn as the highest rated Gundam series on the site more so than 0079 where it essentially shitted on UC I would say you people don't care about any of that at all.

Well, having been alive much much longer than you(I can tell by your VERY immature responses to people who disagree with you) and watched anime since the very early 80's I can see that the company will recognize how horrible Recognista really was. If it were truly a good Gundam TV series it would have gone beyond 26 episodes. Even Gundam X lasted longer. And it had a far better storyline and way better directing. Gundam Unicorn actually captured the essence of Gundam. It had flaws, but it was essentially what Gundam has become. 0083 was better than Unicorn in my opinion. But Unicorn revived Gundam to the younger crowd while pleasing the older crowd. The flashiness of Unicorn drew in the younger crowd and the well written script and storyline caught the veteran crowd.
HeibiMar 28, 2015 8:50 PM
Mar 28, 2015 11:34 PM

Jul 2009
WTF Ending.

First off, Klim should have been the protagonist of this series. Seriously? He has the confidence of Char, with the aggressiveness of Kamille and calmness of Judau.

I love Steer's Engrish XD

G-Self has pefect backpack! Bellri Crazy!

The battles were at least great!

Raraiya went badass went G-Lucifer destroyed that battleship!

Klim went fucking badass!!! He destroyed Chickara like it was nothing. Man Mick Jack almost died as well, but glad Klim was able to save her in time.

Bellri vs Mask really reminds me of Char vs Amruo.

I thought Manny

Also the place where they showed the gelgoog is definitely the same place that Operation Odessa occurred in 079!

And now wtf with the ending. Everyone went with good terms for no reason :O

Glad to see the cheerleaders back, was expecting more screen time for them.

And wow Luin has no grudge against Bellri!?! If this was Char, he would still hunt down Bellri till the end, just like he did with Amuro. At least Manny get's to stay with him.

Kun Soon became a team member of megafauna for some reason!?! Even don't mind seeing Klim, the guy that killed Kia and Chickara in front of her eyes.

Lol Klmi just rammed a fucking shipped in front of his dad, for trying to send his own son to die in battle.

Since when did Kun Soon got pregnant from Kia?!?!

And now Bellri decides to travel by himself?!?! Not even joining Aida and Noredo's crew!?!

Aida looks nice with that uniform :)

Poor Noredo, at least let her come with Bellri.

WTF was that old man Tomino speaking to Bellri about coming to Mt Fuji!?! :O

Lol sorry, but Gundam ZZ and Destiny is much better than Reconguista. Gundam ZZ even had moments where it's better than Zeta. At least Destiny ended the war, even though it was Jesus Kira and Queen Lacus controlled everything at the end.

I have to wonder how will they continue this? Will they make another show based on Regild Century or another time skip, skipping Regild Century and making it more darker?

I think there's a lot of things to do in Regild Century, so i don't mind them making more shows based on this era. Though i wonder if they're going to use Eureka Seven Art in the next shows or so.

Good ending, but problem with this show or Tomino's show's in general is just the lack of information and backstories that fill that gaps. It seems Tomino is just concern on executing the scenes and letting the viewers figure out what's happening. I also do not like the sudden change of emotions throughout the cast.

Overall i would give this a 7/10. But since Klim and Mick Jack became badass, i boost the score to 8/10 just for Klim and Mick Jack.

One thing i liked about this show is Klim and Mick Jack! They're just an amazing pair and would love to see more of them soon.

The Eureka Seven art took awhile to get used to, but i'm okay with it now. It really looks like Tomino's other shows like Turn A Gundam and Overman King Gainer. Turn A Gundam's Mechs and Overman King Gainer's art and characters.(same artist).

Music has gotten better as well. There wasn't a lot of memorable OST, but the last one's has gotten better.

Fights are good, but could have been better.

I really hope they make a new show in this era soon!
Mar 28, 2015 11:36 PM
May 2007
I say this is a series you have to watch from episode to episode on a binge watch as opposed to watching it once a week. I felt by watching it once a week and all the things that happen between broadcasts with what goes on in our lives, it is easy to get lost as it was for me. This series reminds me why we should binge watch anime instead.

In addition, Gundam 00 already proves that TV series should not be 25-26 episodes. I felt this series did not reach its full potential. From the way it was paced, I thought it would be a 45-50 episode series and I would not have minded it.

I think Reconguista has its distinct qualities and I hope we get to learn more about the Reginal Century if it gets expanded. Was the series really cut short?
Mar 29, 2015 2:37 AM
Jul 2014
Heibi said:
ChocoBar9 said:

You can see into the future now? Also which &quot;Gundam fans&quot; are you talking about given that the &quot;Gundam fans&quot; here has Gundam Unicorn as the highest rated Gundam series on the site more so than 0079 where it essentially shitted on UC I would say you people don't care about any of that at all.

Well, having been alive much much longer than you(I can tell by your VERY immature responses to people who disagree with you) and watched anime since the very early 80's I can see that the company will recognize how horrible Recognista really was. If it were truly a good Gundam TV series it would have gone beyond 26 episodes. Even Gundam X lasted longer. And it had a far better storyline and way better directing. Gundam Unicorn actually captured the essence of Gundam. It had flaws, but it was essentially what Gundam has become. 0083 was better than Unicorn in my opinion. But Unicorn revived Gundam to the younger crowd while pleasing the older crowd. The flashiness of Unicorn drew in the younger crowd and the well written script and storyline caught the veteran crowd.

G-Reco was always planned to be a 26 episode series, Tomino said he made that in mind in interviews which is different from X which was cancelled short of its run.

Third I highly doubt anyone who hates G-Reco or consider worse than Destiny have any clue what they're talking aboutor have watched a good chunck of 80's mecha Gundam included.

>Peace princess
>Boring, self righteous holier than thou protagonist with God-kode Mobile Suit handed to him on a silver platter
>shoehorned in nihilist Char clone
>Feddies are evil for no reason and controlled by an Evil Conspiracy

Unicorn is a rehash of SEED awkwardly shoehorned into UC. It's also why Riddhe is the most interesting character, since he's the only one who acts like he's from a UC series. It appeals to kiddies because of the pretty visuals while older audiences and people who have seen all of UC saw what was wrong with it and why it shits on every UC stands for.
TachiiApr 1, 2015 6:50 PM
Mar 29, 2015 7:16 AM

Feb 2013
ChocoBar9 said:
Third I highly doubt anyone who hates G-Reco or consider worse than Destiny have any clue what they're talking aboutor have watched a good chunck of 80's mecha Gundam included.

You know this how exactly???

That is, believe or not....the second most Gneric response in The UC Fanbook. It's also bullshit cuz, if anything most of it's bad press comes from Gundam/UCFans. Not to mention, watching other 80s Mechs does'nt make this series any better, and it's nonsense if it can't stand on it's own feet
Mar 29, 2015 7:46 AM
Nov 2014
King_of_Devils said:
ChocoBar9 said:

You know this how exactly???

That is, believe or not....the second most Gneric response in The UC Fanbook. It's also bullshit cuz, if anything most of it's bad press comes from Gundam/UCFans. Not to mention, watching other 80s Mechs does'nt make this series any better, and it's nonsense if it can't stand on it's own feet

so true..

this gundam show fail miserably when needed to be defended by
1 - it's Tomino's work, its must be good
2 - it's the reminance of the 80's anime, it must be good..

People are not realizing that the original gundam ( 80s ) is also not good.. ( almost getting cancel )..why the gundam series boom in the first place is because of the Gunpla models.. ( that is why the artist fckup the design in G Gundam becoz Bandai demand they create anime for gunpla models sale )
Mar 29, 2015 11:39 AM
Jun 2014
More than anything, I think this show proves that the industry's current fans lack the ability to connect plot points through contextual clues or match what's being said to what's being shown.
Mar 29, 2015 12:26 PM

Feb 2013
Fencel said:
More than anything, I think this show proves that the industry's current fans lack the ability to connect plot points through contextual clues or match what's being said to what's being shown.

And in some cases they can........But still find it to be shit anyway
Mar 29, 2015 12:30 PM
Jun 2014
If you understood it, then good for you, you are entitled to your opinion.

I'm talking about the people who clearly didn't pay attention to the show.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

19 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.