Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2015 9:25 AM

Dec 2011
An epic if slightly OTT end to a thoroughly entertaining and interesting series.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 27, 2015 9:25 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Miyamori got jabbed by the bear xD
The little eye patch lolita is all shocked about the sudden bear attack lol

Very good episode. Okitsu pulling an Initial D and Gran Turismo lol. I'm surprised the cop cars even kept up with her once she got to the snowy part. It would've been nice if Miyamori was the one driving the car but Okitsu is fine too. She's got mad skills.

The party was quite nice. A bit surprised Segawa was alone, but I guess she just wanted to drink and get drunk lol. Overall it was a very nice show. Hopefully if there is a season 2 we get to see more Zuka.

Mar 27, 2015 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
I really liked this show. Sad it's over.
Mar 27, 2015 9:52 AM

Aug 2010
Really glad it's already reached 8.10 on MAL :3 It seems like it's going further up :D
Deserves it and it's the most sold in japan from this season so a sequel may not be impossible even though I wouldn't mind either way since this was a great series ^^

I really loved this series so much >.< What a satisfying ending :3

Oi-chan is <3

And Henna Hanashi was the cameraman LOL
Barion-ZaraMar 27, 2015 1:44 PM
Mar 27, 2015 9:55 AM

Sep 2010
Nice anime I wouldn't mind if we got another season. The only thing I didn't really like were the talking dolls kinda unrealistic imo.

Much better than P.A Works Summer anime Glasslip the character here actually develop and are fun to watch.

7/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 27, 2015 10:13 AM

Jan 2013
Best anime of the season imo, i'm going to miss this :(

Would love to see a second season but I don't think it would do well :o
Mar 27, 2015 10:14 AM
May 2012
SO Red haired girl got a role last episode and after she disappeared...gg...xD
She got like ..what, 15 minutes total screen time in 24 episodes? xD
Mar 27, 2015 10:41 AM

Mar 2012
This is now P.A. Works`s Best Anime ever made.

10/10 and part of my Top 50 favorite anime list.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 27, 2015 10:52 AM

Jun 2014
i actually teared up a lot of times in this episode, that shows you how good this anime can be, it's gonna be forever in my heart ; . ;

oh and it's also one of my favs now as well

SEASON 2 pls
:3
Mar 27, 2015 10:54 AM

Aug 2012
Such a refreshing and feel good series, nearly all the characters were engaging and inspiring. Gonna miss this one.
Mar 27, 2015 11:05 AM

Feb 2009
Gonna miss watching the Bakos after calc class. It was such a wonderful ride. :(
Mar 27, 2015 11:23 AM

Feb 2014
As a car fanatic, I instantly recognised Okitsu was driving an Alfa Romeo Giulietta. She's got good taste in motors I presume. =D

This episode wrapped up the series very well. All characters, no matter how much or little screentime they had, were very inspiring and contributed into making Shirobako very believable and enjoyable.

I'm going to miss this series a lot. A brilliant way for P.A. Works to bounce back from the failure of Glasslip and they really REALLY should make a second series or Shirobako in the future.

Settling with a 9/10 for now, but I might change it to a 10/10 when I re-watch it again. ^_^
Mar 27, 2015 11:32 AM

Dec 2013
I had a great feeling about this show well before it even aired. That feeling was further reinforced over the course of the last half year, culminating to this perfect gem of a finale. Looking back, I knew I wasn't wrong in sticking with P.A. despite their slip up with Glasslips.

I think through this show we managed to see and understand what goes on behind the scenes, and all the blood, sweat and tears poured into each and every work, as well as the troubles and pressures faced by the animators, the studios and even the Seiyuus.

The speech done by Miyamori at the end was a perfect summary of what this show is all about. To say I was touched would be an understatement.
In an ever changing world where the current development in technology and the internet are providing us with more and easier access to information and entertainment from everywhere on this planet, it's really easy to take what we currently have for granted.
All the hard work in the development of the animation that we get to see today is not just confined to the artists, Seiyuus and studios of today, but also to the artists, the production studios and the Seiyuu's of yester-years who created this form of art, to be re-crafted and perfected by the current generation, and will no doubt be further developed by future generations. I am both grateful and proud to be able to say that I watched this show the very year that it came out, and cannot wait to see where the animation industry and all that it encompasses will end up.

For the story itself, I am so glad that all five girls managed to find their feet in the industry that they (and admittedly all of us here) so love.

I'm especially glad that Zuka managed to snag more rolls after MusAni gave her the Lucy roll, and seems to have rediscovered her confidence in herself. Admittedly, her's was the hardest part of the story to watch amongst all five girls, and I wish I could see her in her happy place for longer than just two episodes.

Ema went from Iguchi-san's mentee to having to mentor Kunogi was great development on her part, as she developed both confidence and skills that were required of her craft. I found her side the most "humane", because you could definitely see how the elder mentors help their protegee, and the advice passed on from the elder generation to the younger ones was most apparent in her part of the story.

Same for both Midori and Misa, both of whom found mentors of their own to hone their craft. In Misa's case, there was the added development of her realizing early on that the workplace she started out in wasn't suited for chasing her dreams, leading to a switch mid-way. In Midori's case, she was lucky enough to have had the opportunity to prove herself early to MusAni, and as the youngest of the bunch, seemed to have the love, help and support from everyone (apart from Hiraoka). To say she was babied wouldn't be too much of a stretch, but she also made use of her own talents to prove her worth.

And as for Miyamori, I'm sure nearly everyone can relate to her struggles with not knowing whether the things she was doing was actually right for herself, and what sort of target she needed to set for herself. I think we've all been there, or have at least experienced such feelings in our lives. We graduate from High School not knowing what we want to do, we head into College or University trying to figure that out, and in many cases some of us will even graduate from Tertiary and STILL not know what it is that we want to do with our lives. She is the most relateable of all five of them, and yet she provides us with hope with her accepting attitude and her unrelenting efforts to do what she can, even when she hasn't figured herself out yet, in the meantime.

This show doesn't just relate to Animation, but to a lot of things in life as well. Watching this through I feel like it's been throwing life lessons for viewers from the get-go, and I for one can appreciate the effort that P.A. made with this show. They don't always get things right, but in this show, they made an effort to practice what they preached. I saw no unnatural shots throughout the 24 episodes, and all the general mistakes that studios make in animation of the shows, I saw none at all.

This show I give a perfect 10. For what it brings out and what it is trying to teach us, I would give it a 1000/10 if I could.

Would definitely love to see them make a season 2 for this, however unlikely it may be. I would love to see all the girls working together again for other projects, specifcally I think Misa would do an excellent job to animate the pirate ship for "Two Piece" XD

Hands down this show triumphs anything that's been on air for the last two seasons (well... perhaps baring UBW.... but that's an entire different argument).
AOTY dark horse.

I'm definitely going to be in a slump since this ended. Just shows how perfectly good it is.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 27, 2015 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
i remember when people were avoiding this serie because it was "too real"

i started when the anime was around ep 5-6 and thank god i did, one of the hidden gems of this (and last) season

i hope we get a S2 about the girls making their own anime
Mar 27, 2015 11:38 AM

Oct 2010
Ryoshi's post nails it perfectly. This anime was amazing. I'd love a S2 and they did kinda hint at it..
Mar 27, 2015 11:45 AM

Nov 2014
Here are some of the real life character counterparts.

[click to enlarge]

Mar 27, 2015 11:56 AM

Nov 2011
great ending to a great anime. really taught us all some good life lessons.

http://seventhstyle.com/2014/08/08/shirobako-p-a-works-next-failure/
http://seventhstyle.com/2014/10/10/shirobako-is-even-worse-than-expected/

top kek. never judge a book by it's cover.
jarexxMar 27, 2015 12:00 PM
Mar 27, 2015 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
I really loved the scenes where Miyamori and the others delivering the tapes to different TV broadcasting companies.

Good ending.
Mar 27, 2015 12:17 PM
Oct 2012
HybridMBL said:
Those tires at the end were goofy even for Shirobako

Not goofy, it was actually a pretty neat symbolic addition: it showed that everything they had done in the past could be put to use in their future.

Remember how the 3D animation girl had quit her job because all she was ever going to work on were tires? Well even that practice could be put to good effect. To accent this they ever had the landing gear like the Mig work she did on the series. So this showed a progression of her as a 3D artist- first the car tires, then the plane landing gear, nothing was wasted. In that the boat was her statement about how she improved on their dream, her adding them was highlighting her progress as an artist.

The director of this series is extremely good at such minor extra symbolic elements, he does them in his other series, so there is no doubt that this was what he wanted them to mean.
Mar 27, 2015 12:27 PM

Jul 2012
I was so incredibly moved by this anime T_T It had a wonderful ending and really opened my eyes to the industry (just like with Bakuman ;_;) I can't wait for the next anime about the staff creating Shirobako, LOL. I also can't wait for the next Shirobako Special/OVA!! This was one heck of a freaking ride. I had so much fun watching this!! I'll miss it a lot. I lost it at the "Two Piece" part, HAHA. I want more seasons of this, but I don't think it will happen ;w; Wish I could fit this in my top 5 series, haha. Really loved it. Definitely anime of the season for me :) I wish my friends didn't drop it.. most of them said the pacing was slow and they only watched the first few episodes ~_~ Oh well, they're missing out. Thanks for such a great show~
Mar 27, 2015 12:33 PM

Mar 2011
Didn't even look at the discussion (too busy), just came here to click “5 out of 5: Loved it!” because damn, this deserved it. The only bad thing about this episode was that it ended.
Mar 27, 2015 12:36 PM

Jul 2014
It's been a long time coming, Shirobako is now over. For being the last episode to what appeared to be an already complete series from last episode, quite a bit happened here. the Production Staff was on a rush to submit their show to numerous broadcasting stations and many cuts were still being made. The post-completion party was also satisfying of watch as well, although Aoi's speech came off as a bit mundane. Now with 3rd girls complete, the our 5 protagonists can go on to make better anime together. I cri erry time. I hope the Two Piece was a joke too.

This was undoubtedly the best show for the past two seasons, I profoundly hope we get news on an upcoming second season.

8.5/10, will round to a 9 for MAL.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Mar 27, 2015 12:42 PM
Oct 2010
Ok, they kinda overdid the action at the end, as they did the "quest" to meet the author, but overall it was very good indeed.

I would normally rate it 8 but I'll give it an extra point just for Miyamori's natural heartfelt moment last episode, so this gets a 9/10 from me.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 27, 2015 12:49 PM
Jun 2009
Why would they hide the guy playing on the plane on the western version?
CR

TV
Mar 27, 2015 1:04 PM
Oct 2010
Fredgido said:
Why would they hide the guy playing on the plane on the western version?
CR

TV
If I made a guess, I would say it's cause that character's drawing doesn't fit well with the others' there... Maybe they had a change of heart before airing but still didn't make it in time to change the TV version?...

Perhaps when the BD comes we'll have a better clue (if they remove him or correct his drawing)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 27, 2015 1:37 PM

Jan 2013
Season 2 when?
Mar 27, 2015 1:44 PM
Jul 2012
I really enjoyed this show. But episode 23 first half made me have to lower my score. Still a great series I could recommend to people.
Mar 27, 2015 1:48 PM

May 2014
Season 2 PLZ =/
10/10 Man,that was better than i expected in the beggining...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2015 1:54 PM
Nov 2010
Anyone else Tear up during Miyamori's speech cause I know I did.
Mar 27, 2015 2:06 PM

Dec 2012
9/10
I really hope theres going to be a 2nd season.
Mar 27, 2015 2:35 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Ah, that was just fantastic. I didn't expect to enjoy this one this much. The car action certainly helped, so did Nakahara Mai. Great stuff, would love to see a sequel at some point.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 27, 2015 2:48 PM

Apr 2011
Fantastic :3 Hoping for a sequel :D
Mar 27, 2015 2:59 PM

Dec 2009
Excellent P.A. Works. They really know how to make great original animes.

If a sequel is made, I would love to see Musashino Animation do a two cour or more anime. A Light Novel adaptation. And a movie.
Mar 27, 2015 3:13 PM

Aug 2014
Shirobako's probably one of the best anime I watched, and it deserved to be in my AOTY list.

(9/10) for the overall series. The story was really good, while not complicated, it was very simple and easy for the viewers to caught up the situation depicted in the Anime. Good job for all the staff!
Plus, there aren't many Anime about making Anime..

The animation quality in Shirobako is godly. It barely had any badly animated scenes, and the drawings were pretty consistent throughout the series. Not to mention the voice actors for all of those cast! O.o
The characters are nicely designed too. Even side characters got some unique traits and personalities.

Anyways, good job PA Works, for making one of the best anime in history! d^.^b
Mar 27, 2015 3:18 PM

Nov 2008
This was a fantastic series from its beginning to its completion - I will miss it certainly - fun story - and a great cast through and through giving this a 10/10
Mar 27, 2015 4:05 PM
Jan 2011
easly aots for the last 2 season. I loved it, 10/10
Mar 27, 2015 4:20 PM

Oct 2012
aots, 8/10, I would watch a second season of this.
It was a good series, even though it had an average story (but really funny!), the main goal was to be able to watch how anime is made and they did an awesome job with that.
It had a good cast, a great animation and the characters were unique and well made.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Mar 27, 2015 5:05 PM

Dec 2014
All good things eventually come to an end, but the undefinable passion and effort P.A. Works and the staff put into Shirobako make it eternally left a place in our hearts. It accomplishes what it set out to do in the first place brilliantly and respectfully. As a shakaijin, there's not much to say but to immerse myself in the profound joy and atmosphere Shirobako brings me. P.A. Works, your heart is always in the right place. Satisfying 7/10.

There's still tons of things they can explore. A season two is much welcome. Yes, an actually season two from P.A. Works, that's once in a blue moon.
raveninthemuddleMar 27, 2015 5:15 PM
Mar 27, 2015 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
I'm gonna miss this little guy:

So many good memories (& feels) with this show. Is definitely something I can look back on nostalgically many years down the line as a true classic.

Oi-chan is best girl
Mar 27, 2015 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
I absolutely enjoyed this anime and that last episode was amazing.

Also...
Obligatory fan service post:
Mar 27, 2015 5:13 PM
Apr 2013
I'm gonna miss this show...10/10 along with akatsuki no yona...To see them improved from when they were still high school students made me teared up ;.; and believe it or not, this ainme has given me a lot of life lesson and broaden my perspective as a person... This anime needs a season 2!
SephyriaMar 27, 2015 5:19 PM
Mar 27, 2015 5:27 PM

Apr 2013
Really gonna miss this show, one of the series I really looked forward to watching every week. P.A. works totally redeemed themselves from the disaster that was Glasslip, I actually choked up a bit when they had their toast at the end there. Would totally love a second season for this.

9/10
Mar 27, 2015 5:38 PM

Jun 2014
Finally got to watch the finale, and I have to say I loved this show!

I'm glad that the girls got to work together and that they can look towards the future!

I really hope that we get another season of this someday as I would like to see the girls actually making their own anime!

Overall I gave this a 9/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Mar 27, 2015 6:16 PM
Oct 2007
The 12 people who didn't rate that ep 5/5 GTFO. Loved the Nichijou broccoli reference. The office manager lady would give Takumi a run for his money. I am still whaffling on whether to give this show a 9 or a 10. This is pa works best work since Angel Beats
Mar 27, 2015 6:20 PM

Aug 2013
zeroryoko1974 said:
Loved the Nichijou broccoli reference.

It wasn't a reference. It's a legitimate thing in Japan to pull that prank.
Mar 27, 2015 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
actually really good despite the middle

i likee

Mar 27, 2015 7:18 PM

Oct 2011
Miyamori's speech made me cry T__T

Shirobako is over NOOOOOOOOOOO

Season 2 PLEASE with Two Piece.
Mar 27, 2015 7:23 PM

Jun 2013
Great show. Loved how they executed this unique anime and I love the gradual development of the main characters as well as the introduction of the entire crew with their own strengths and quirks. I will not claim that I'm a expert of anime production now (not even close) but I can at least say I know a little more about it and know at least a percentage of the struggles and importance of each role.

Definitely a watch for any anime watcher to enjoy and recommendable to almost any one who has watched a fair share of anime.

Good job P.A. Works
Mar 27, 2015 7:30 PM
Jun 2012
I think this wraps it up pretty well. It felt like a proper ending.

So I don't want a second season. But I would want other shows of this sort, with other characters and stories. Hopefully Shirobako's sales success will inspire other studios to try something similar.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

250 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.