Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Did you like Yuuki Konno?
Mar 17, 2015 10:16 AM
Mar 2015
I personally loved the SAO II Mother's Rosario arc. The addition of Yuuki really woke me up. Her cheerfullness really got to me...

Overall, I though she was quite a refreshing character. Plus she had

It urked me that people just wanted Asuna and Kirito together. Asuna didn't mind, so why do you? Besides, it wasn't like they were in a romantic relationship at all. Secondly, Kirito got a bunch of freaking SEASONS to himself. What's wrong with a little break?

Tell me your opinions truthfully.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2015 10:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I think her character was likable per se

The problem was that
Mar 17, 2015 10:31 AM
Mar 2015
Chelizzle said:
WizAnimeWizard said:

It urked me that people just wanted Asuna and Kirito together. Asuna didn't mind, so why do you? Besides, it wasn't like they were in a romantic relationship at all. Secondly, Kirito got a bunch of freaking SEASONS to himself. What's wrong with a little break?

I guess that's the least thing I care for.
She was only introduced to

Yeah? So she did nothing special? Like

Yuuki also helped develop Asuna in a way.
Mar 17, 2015 10:33 AM

Sep 2013
The SAO haters obviously, it's pointless to even have a positive opinion of SAO.

inb4saosucks
Mar 17, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2015
ichii_1 said:
The SAO haters obviously, it's pointless to even have a positive opinion of SAO.

inb4saosucks

*reads post*
*checks score on Sword Art Online*

Sees he gave Sword Art Online II a 9.

Completely disregards opinion.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2015 10:38 AM
Mar 2015
HaXXspetten said:
I think her character was likable per se

The problem was that

QUITE TRUE!! I agree that she didn't have enough time for us to enjoy her personality and that she was introduced
. However, I read several comments on multiple anime sites referring to the fact that people were mad that Konno interrupted Kirito and Asuna's relationship, which I feel she did not.

Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting. I'm kinda sick right now, and my head is a little fuzzy-ish...I don't mean to sound rude or anything at all.
Mar 17, 2015 10:40 AM

Sep 2013
See what I mean?

Mar 17, 2015 10:41 AM

Jun 2013
meh for me was the same if she was there or not i would skip her arc and add another fighting arc
Mar 17, 2015 10:45 AM
Mar 2015
ichii_1 said:

inb4saosucks

Yeah, I only watched Mother's Rosario because I stopped the first season because Kirito was a jerk to Lisbeth...
Mar 2015
ichii_1 said:
See what I mean?

Um...what?

Feb 2013
>Why Did A Lot of People Hate Yuuki Konno?

did they? the poll results(as of now) show the majority thinks otherwise
Mar 17, 2015 10:46 AM

Jan 2015
Lowest score on his list is a 7 and he want people to take him seriously.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2015 10:48 AM
Mar 2015
Lahi said:
Lowest score on his list is a 7 and you want people to take you seriously.

Ah! I see! Okay, yeah...
Mar 17, 2015 10:52 AM

Sep 2013
Someone has to counteract the popular series haters and the ecchi hating sheep.
Maybe I should raise them to 9's? :O

WizAnimeWizard said:
ichii_1 said:
See what I mean?

Um...what?

He sees people give sao more than a 4 and disregards your opinion, that's what.
Mar 17, 2015 10:53 AM

Mar 2011
WizAnimeWizard said:
However, I read several comments on multiple anime sites referring to the fact that people were mad that Konno interrupted Kirito and Asuna's relationship, which I feel she did not.

Well that's just the crazy SAO shippers, because "KiritoxAsuna is the most romantic couple to ever be seen in anime omg"

I actually liked Yuuki, but as a lot of people have said, it would've been nice if we could've got more development on her. I don't think that makes her useless, however.
I think the problem with her is that she was basically used as a tool to flesh out Asuna and give her a bit of development for once.
Mar 17, 2015 10:54 AM

Jun 2011
Did I like her? Uhm, no, not really, in fact, I don't really care, they don't give me enough reason to care, especially when it felt like she was forced onto me.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 17, 2015 10:55 AM

Oct 2012
The whole scenario with Yuuki just felt so ridiculously contrived that I couldn't take it seriously in the slightest.
Mar 17, 2015 10:57 AM

Aug 2014
I'm pretty sure it has less to do with reduced Kirito screentime, and more to do with the fact the drama came off pretty forced.
Mar 17, 2015 11:03 AM

May 2013
Not hate, just didn't really care for. We hardly got any time to really know her and were expected to feel something for her after being told she would

Point is, they didn't give me enough reason to care about the dying child. And this is coming from someone who gave the original Sword Art Online a 10.
Mar 17, 2015 11:04 AM

Dec 2013
I don't care about her.
Mar 17, 2015 11:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Insertanamehere said:
I'm pretty sure it has less to do with reduced Kirito screentime, and more to do with the fact the drama came off pretty forced.
mostly this
Mar 17, 2015 11:17 AM
Sep 2014
ichii_1 said:
See what I mean?

But it's bad
Mar 17, 2015 11:20 AM

Sep 2014
Well it's not that I hate her, she just was a boring character, by her "ideal" (?) personality.
It's the same with Kirito -.-
Mar 17, 2015 11:41 AM
Mar 2014
My main issue was that she ended up being a very bland character with the sole intention of getting the viewer emotional over her poor fate. Personally, I don't mind a bit of drama, but if you literally make it seem like all of mankinds' bad luck has been transfered to one being, then it simply breaks the immersion for me, especially if they expect you to get into the whole thing in a matter of a few episodes.
Mar 17, 2015 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
I would say that I liked her. I never really had an issue to be able to feel for her, I guess I'm just a sucker for characters that remain strong despite facing harsh events, making me feel that I already know her through this sense.
Mar 17, 2015 11:48 AM

Jan 2014
can you make threads in the right section next time, please?
TapuTapuuMar 17, 2015 2:25 PM
Mar 17, 2015 12:51 PM
Mar 2012
Mother's Rosario was better off a movie, segmenting the arc into weekly parts killed the emotional aspects of it along with the fact that due to time constraints that come with episodes, details were omitted.
Mar 17, 2015 12:55 PM

Aug 2014
LastChapter said:
Mother's Rosario was better off a movie, segmenting the arc into weekly parts killed the emotional aspects of it along with the fact that due to time constraints that come with episodes, details were omitted.

It would have been more constrained as a movie, though.
Mar 17, 2015 1:13 PM
Mar 2012
Insertanamehere said:
LastChapter said:

It would have been more constrained as a movie, though.

I wouldn't say so. MR was 7 episodes long and disregarding OP/ED themes, it's about 140 minutes in total. The movie can be longer and there won't be breaks every 20 minutes.
Mar 17, 2015 2:26 PM

Jan 2014
LastChapter said:

agreed
Mar 19, 2015 10:55 PM
Jul 2014
because the arc as a whole felt like a filler that took away the spotlight that should had been elsewhere.
Mar 20, 2015 6:40 AM

Nov 2014
The mother's rosario arc was waaay too forced. You get a few episodes to like this chick and then the series just ends. I personally would've enjoyed it more as a movie, or having her introduced waaay earlier into the series so that we actually like and care for her.
ALL HAIL LELOUCH! ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!

Mar 21, 2015 7:14 AM
Jan 2013
WizAnimeWizard said:
I personally loved the SAO II Mother's Rosario arc. The addition of Yuuki really woke me up. Her cheerfullness really got to me...

Most haters of Yuuki are "Madoka Magica type" or "Clannad Type" fans

Its is Madoka Magica's drama done right.

They are just jelly that even SAO did something better.

I wouldn't take Yuuki arc haters seriously.

They are just being hipster for the sake of it.
genesic123Mar 21, 2015 7:19 AM

Mar 21, 2015 7:25 AM

Jan 2010
its better if kirito is the one who

Mar 22, 2015 4:16 AM
Mar 2012
shast007 said:
its better if kirito is the one who

Jul 23, 2016 5:37 PM

Nov 2012
I truly hate this whole SAO series (no offence SAO fans, I'm sorry for being rough!!) but gosh, I somehow love Yuuki so much I still can't quite believe it.
Jul 24, 2016 8:34 PM
Jul 2016
i still like part 2 but part 1 was better to me
Aug 9, 2016 7:19 AM
Aug 2016
I love her, who hates her? I will murder you!
Sep 5, 2016 8:43 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I absolutly loved her, ever since I readed the LN around 2013, I though it was a good adaptation of her arc, but probably a movie with everything condensed would bring a more emotional impacts for some, I was perfectly fine with all the feedback from the LN. It was actually one of the arcs I was hyping more from a LN to see animated, and they delivered it.
Yuuki is love, fuck the haters.
Sep 5, 2016 8:46 AM

Jun 2015
well fuck her. I'm a sao fan but no just no.

Her arc was terrible therefore I hate her as well.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 5, 2016 8:47 AM

Jun 2015
Playcool said:
I absolutly loved her, ever since I readed the LN around 2013, I though it was a good adaptation of her arc, but probably a movie with everything condensed would bring a more emotional impacts for some, I was perfectly fine with all the feedback from the LN. It was actually one of the arcs I was hyping more from a LN to see animated, and they delivered it.

Lucia over kotori? brah kotori is cute, but lucia is cute as well so XD
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 5, 2016 10:27 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Ma3seb said:
Playcool said:

Lucia over kotori? brah kotori is cute, but lucia is cute as well so XD

Mother Rosario was one of the best arcs of SAO LN, only behind Alicization, and Lucia and Yuuki are love!
Sep 5, 2016 10:32 AM

Jan 2016
I liked Yuuki Konno.

Sep 17, 2016 6:48 AM

Jan 2013
Why the fuck did I click on that first post's "Spoiler" button?? -_-

I dont like spoilers, I never click on the spoiler buttons and love when people have the decency to hide them, and there I go ruining shit for myself. Out of all spoilers, too. Haha.
Sep 17, 2016 6:57 AM

Jun 2016
I think the biggest problem people have with her is there's little to no reason to care about her at all. The way Yuuki introduced in the show is very rushed forced and I didn't really feel anything where she is death. Sure her backstory is sad and interesting but what's the point of that if your audience didn't really feel emotionally attached to the character?
Sep 27, 2016 3:56 PM
Sep 2016
I Honestly don't like Yuuki Konno. She was cute and all but here character never really appealed to me and where is Kirito in the opening he was in the Mothers Rosario a lot and he wasn't there. Anyways it feels like they just introduced a new character too quickly just to make her the main. It annoys me that people get freakin mad just cuz I don't like a character. Konno was honestly too sensitive and annoying to me
Oct 20, 2016 1:00 AM
Oct 2016
Yuuki Konno Struck a very deep cord with me. Firstly, for those in my life I have known who live(d) with severe life limiting disabilities, some of which have taken them from us in this life now. The Idea that they could have a sort of normal life within such a virtual existence would be extraordinary.
Secondly, Having developed health issues that make me question my own mortality, not just my ability to do the things I want or even care for myself completely, the story arc spoke to me in ways that may be beyond others who don't have such issues.

Perhaps it is a lack of being able to empathize with such a person, because they don't have a reference point to relate to the character,
Or perhaps it is just a wish not to have to think about or deal with such realities in a fantasy entertainment medium, that makes the haters hate this Character and story arc.

The character wasn't rushed, the Arc was Perfect, For sometimes Life is Like this, where some one special can enter our lives briefly but touch us in deep ways that change our perspective and lives forever.
Oct 26, 2016 8:16 AM

Sep 2011
I can't see why anyone would hate this character. I mean you could argue she was introduced just to have some drama and give Asuna some well needed character development. In my opinion, despite being relevant for a handful of episodes she is one of the most memorable characters in the franchise. The relationship between Asuna and Yuuki is one of the best in the series as good as Kirito and Sinon's partnership in Phantom Bullet. Not to mention how their relationship helps Asuna deal with her problems at home with her mother. Despite how obvious it was that she was going to die; I was still moved by the ending. Yuuki's death was very touching and easily the highlight of the series for me (going by the anime). The name of her sword skill and the namesake of the arc really got to me.

My only real complain about Yuuki and her arc is that it moved a bit too fast once Asuna found out the truth. I would have liked to have had maybe an episode or two about Yuuki and her sister. How they started their guild, how they gathered all these other terminally ill people to play together.

Anyway, If I had to compare Yuuki Konno to another character from a popular series. I would compare this arc and Yuuki to Okita Mitsuba's arc from Gintama.
Nov 21, 2016 7:13 AM
Nov 2016
WizAnimeWizard said:

I totally agree. Kirito and don't forget Hasuna both got there own standout roles early in Sao but Kirito had 2 seasons pretty much by himself. I liked Yuuki and I hated the last episode of SAO II I thought she was gunna have kinda a bigger role
Nov 21, 2016 7:20 AM
Nov 2016
HaXXspetten,

To be completely honest for me there was enough time to get attached to Yuuki Konno on my part at least.. I guess it's because her perky nature is that of my girlfriend but never the less I hated episode 25 more so in the way of how emotional it was... Yes I get that to some people they didn't get attached to Yuuki but the part where pretty much every ALO player came to say goodbye to Yuuki struck me hard when Yuuki asked why she was ever put on this world just to die and not give anything.... Asunas answer had me crying
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

515 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.