Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2009 2:20 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Here comes their last night together. And Himeko was able to obtain the ultimate mecha all alone. She was able to do something!
But she said the cursed word: daisuki.
Mar 6, 2011 3:36 PM

Jan 2008
Raaah. I'm so fed up with Himeko! She acted like NOTHING had happened! Just a 1-second flashback, a second of hesitation and then, in then end, she climbs into the bed of the girl who raped her! Raaaah².

WHY do I have to check every episode whether I'm watching the right one? Oh, I know, because they almost constantly seem to ignore what happened one episode before that.

Jan 17, 2012 12:36 AM

Sep 2011
Was anyone else confused as fuck?
Jan 17, 2012 2:00 AM

Aug 2009
FORGETFULNESS.
She's doin' it right.
Jul 11, 2012 10:23 PM

Sep 2009
Hang on.....wtf just happened????
I thought shit was just getting real
I really think that all the characters on this show are high...
musicalsushiJul 11, 2012 10:28 PM
Jun 8, 2013 4:15 PM

Aug 2012
Himeko is in super denial and finally she managed to do something useful.
Chikane is turning even more into a psychopath, deceiving Himeko that things are fine now and then saying that she is going to kill her. I figured from the opening that they were going to fight, I suspected Chikane would kill them both since she couldn't have Himeko to herself, but I definitely didn't think she was going to be so emotionless about it.
Jan 5, 2014 11:38 AM

Jan 2013
wow, big move, Chikane. and SHIT GOT REAL!
May 10, 2014 11:25 AM

Jul 2013
Himeko has to be the most annoying character I've seen so far.
Apr 15, 2015 6:10 PM

Jun 2013
How does Himeko still love her after she raped her?
Apr 15, 2015 6:52 PM

Apr 2015
Plot
SakurasouBusters said:
How does Himeko still love her after she raped her?

... coz this will not be Yuri anymore.
#CHEXIT
Mar 28, 2016 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
I like how chikane was being all nice and afterwards by the way i will kill you at that time and walk away like a boss
Jan 22, 2017 2:59 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
nep420 said:
I like how chikane was being all nice and afterwards by the way i will kill you at that time and walk away like a boss

Chikane already lost herself to the darkness before she raped Himeko, there is no turning back from what she has done, she embraced every evil the other Orochi stood for, and she became too much corrupted, to the point she is going to destroy the world and kill the one most precious to her, but before doing so, she wanted to have one last time, with Himeko, like they were before.

This episode is a farewell to the happy times both lived together, it is Chikane's parting from everything she hold precious, so that without regrets she can destroy everything just like that evil aura that is above the Orochi wants.

That is my take on the episode, first half was average, but now it is showing its true colors, and I m just loving it.
Feb 18, 2018 12:03 AM

Jun 2013
To my knowledge, severe psychological trauma can lead to irrational behavior, so Himeko yearning for the girl who raped her isn't 100% impossible to believe by itself. So that critique doesn't get to the root of the problems with this show. And in this episode, what bothered me more was the eerie implication that it was actually a good thing that Himeko was raped, because now she can wake up the moon god. Though again this might not be a problem if we looked at the series in a vacuum, since what's more troubling is how common "rape as character development" is in fiction. But I've already complained about this series enough, so I'd rather just move on and make some memes to cope.

I will kill you. Shoves envelope between anime tiddies Gokigen'yo! :)

Following this show weekly back in 2004 must have been a trip.

I can't wait for this new yuri anime with mechs and shit.

~ 𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮𝓼 8-10 𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓷 ~

Huh.
LeeTailorFeb 18, 2018 12:29 AM
Apr 27, 2020 1:45 PM

Oct 2012
Chikane is a psychopath or what? Omg. It's really sad to see the way she's kind of manipulating Himeko, like, asking her if she missed her then pushing her aside... Leaving without saying a word. Himeko is desperate because the friend she loves so much is disappearing and turning evil and she doesn't know why. She's scared of her, but she can't help but love her. It's so fucked up, ughhhhhhhh!

AND I REALLY LIKED CHIKANE TOO, so I feel betrayed as well. Duh. Nice job doing that, writers. But making you sympathize with a character and then turning her into this mess of a human being is... ughh. I'm scared they're going to pull a shitty "But it was all because of her past life!" in the end. What could justify rape and bitch slapping the girl you like, I wonder?

Btw, Souma is such a nice guy. It's not as if I like him with Himeko that much, but the other option being Chikane makes me go "yeah, ALL ABORD THE SOUMA X HIMEKO TRAIN". He's probably going to die or suffer a lot, though. IF THEY PULL THE "SOUMA IS THE VILLAIN NOW BECAUSE HE WAS CONSUMED BY THE OROCHI" I'm going to give it a 1 I swear to god lolololol

Anyway, I don't even know anymore. When people said this was a ride I'm not sure what I expected, but not this. For now all I have to say is: HIMEKO, GATHER SOME STRENGHT AND SLAP-BITCH CHIKANE!!! THAT'S ALL I ASK FOR.
Jun 13, 2022 2:35 PM

Apr 2016
And here I am again, finding that my hopes I could have a nice yuri anime that would satisfy my lesbian heart are dashed the more I watch this show. I've been queer-baited again, haven't I?

More topics from this board

» Is it still worth watching?

MEMEMAX - Jan 14

4 by Oxybeast »»
Jan 14, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Kannazuki no Miko Episode 12 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 7, 2009

47 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:31 AM

Poll: » Kannazuki no Miko Episode 1 Discussion

removed-user - Sep 15, 2009

36 by rsc-pl »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:33 AM

Poll: » Kannazuki no Miko Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 5, 2009

24 by elgatosaika »»
Jun 10, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Kannazuki no Miko Episode 7 Discussion

TitanioVerde - Nov 27, 2009

14 by elgatosaika »»
Jun 9, 2023 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.