Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 28, 2009 5:28 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 28, 2009 5:31 PM

Nov 2008
So, how did you enjoy the chocolate?
Nov 28, 2009 5:35 PM

Nov 2008
Tsubasalover: did you get the downloads for the last couple weeks? The calendars for Jan-Mar 2010 and Apr-Jun 2010?
Nov 28, 2009 10:39 PM

Nov 2007
nihon said:
So, how did you enjoy the chocolate?

I don't know. You mean did I enjoy the ep?

nihon said:
Tsubasalover: did you get the downloads for the last couple weeks? The calendars for Jan-Mar 2010 and Apr-Jun 2010?

I watch from KeyHoleTV, so I watched it while it was airing.
Nov 28, 2009 11:39 PM

Nov 2008
tsubasalover said:

I mean the downloads they mention during the airing (usually right near the end). If you go to their website, there's a free download each week for 1.5 hours after the show airs.
Nov 28, 2009 11:48 PM

Nov 2007
nihon said:
tsubasalover said:

I mean the downloads they mention during the airing (usually right near the end). If you go to their website, there's a free download each week for 1.5 hours after the show airs.

Oh,no, I didn't.
Nov 29, 2009 1:07 AM
Nov 2008
It's official: Azuma's the man!! lol XXD

I'm really blown off by the fact that he nonchalantly expressed his interest in Aoba not just once (during his conversation with Aoba), but twice (in the presence of his baseball buddies, Kou included)! The production is really cunning with last week's preview. Just when I thought they're out to trick us again, this time is really for real XD
Not to forget that Azuma is far more popular than Kou (1 full bag of chocos vs. 4 (I think 0, actually) chocos), and he's really not interested in any.

That aside, Aoba just did not exactly want to verbalize the fact that the extra chocolate she bought was actually for Kou (that's natural of her), and she kinda used Azuma as a shield. Camouflage strategy, or so it seems to me. I wonder if Azuma would still feel a little happy, even though he kinda knew that that was really meant for Kou.

Akane gave Kou chocos and it doesn't really seem to be the obligatory kind. That makes her nearly identical to Wakaba, and that reminded Kou of Wakaba. Ooh, I really like to see how this complicated affair works out.

-------
I really lol-ed when Akane commented to Akaishi he looks identical to her deceased grandfather whom she loved XD
Nov 29, 2009 6:06 PM

Jul 2009
Ahhh..c'mon Aoba!!!..don't back off like that!!
Nov 29, 2009 7:28 PM

May 2009
cerulean18 said:
It's official: Azuma's the man!! lol XXD

Hey, can't fault the guy for being a straight shooter and being so damn observant! LOL. Guess there are advantages to not remembering most people's names and not speaking much: he's got plenty of time to observe and figure out the people who do manage to pop up on his radar.

Well, that was one beautiful episode. Plus, there were so much interesting developments crammed in without feeling rushed.

Kou pitching, Akaishi catching and Aoba in centerfield...

Funny how everyone is sorta penciling in Kou x Akane now that they've seen her childhood photos and how much she looked like Wakaba back then.

Loved the comment Akane made to Akaishi too. Am I the only one thinking that in the end, the big guy could very well hit the jackpot and end up with her? If it does come to pass, it couldn't happen to a more honorable and nice guy.

Go Momiji! Unintentionally foiling Mizuki's plans is something I always find amusing, even if I already know he's got no chance in hell with Aoba.
Nov 29, 2009 8:04 PM
Mar 2008
NICE NICE, Azuma finally says it!
Though, I kinda have a bad feeling about this :S
It's pretty obvious that Aoba wanted to give the chocos to Kou, but then came Akane =/

Oh well, I lol'd at Grandpa Akaishi xD

I'd love to root for Kou x Aoba or Kou x Akane but then again...
KOU X AZUMA FTW!
Nov 29, 2009 8:06 PM

Jul 2009
Translucent said:

KOU X AZUMA FTW!
Lol now we got the same interest XD
Nov 29, 2009 9:59 PM

May 2008
well i love the development in this show, but no more baseball in awhile?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 29, 2009 10:08 PM

Jul 2009
greenmush said:
well i love the development in this show, but no more baseball in awhile?
Well they didn't get the spring koshien invitation after all..so yeah summer koshien is the only way
Nov 29, 2009 10:52 PM
Nov 2009
Meh teh Aoba X Azuma thing just feels like it's going nowhere tbh.
Rooting for either Akane X Kou Or Aoba X Kou

For some reason anime makes everything more exciting, I can't watch a baseball game in real life without breaking down from boredom but now it's awesome >:}
Nov 30, 2009 4:12 AM
Mar 2008
Grandpa Akaishi .. LOL

Kou will be together with Akane, that's for sure (at least I hope so ...)
Nov 30, 2009 6:06 AM
Dec 2008
After last week's episode I'm kind of relieved, if I understood this week's episode correctly, Azuma is trying to push Kou x Aoba by telling everyone he's gunning for Aoba so Kou better get going before Azuma takes her over.

Also Aoba's chocolate for Kou was nice, I kind of expected her to say it's for Azuma because that's how she is, she won't tell straight forward. I think if Akane didn't show up she'd have said it's for Kou but she would try to make it sound like it's not a big deal or has any meaning.

My hopes for Kou x Aoba are rising again like phoenix from the ashes!
Nov 30, 2009 6:09 AM

Jul 2009
fanti said:
After last week's episode I'm kind of relieved, if I understood this week's episode correctly, Azuma is trying to push Kou x Aoba by telling everyone he's gunning for Aoba so Kou better get going before Azuma takes her over.

At first i think it was like that..but i think he is serious..either that or he will fall seriously to Aoba
Nov 30, 2009 8:09 AM

Oct 2007
Well people have already talked about Aoba's feeling for Kou. So I will say something else.

This episode makes Akane seems to be a little mysterious to me. I don't want to say this yet but I won't be surprised if they twist her character later on. You know having 2 character having the same face is already impossible for me to believe it.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 30, 2009 11:33 AM

Aug 2008
Ok, I believe this love square now. I didn't peg Azuma as the type to say something so personal so bluntly, but hey, now we know he likes Kou...er, Aoba. Still though, there needs to be significant development on Kou's side of everything, because I honestly wonder how much of what he says is genuine, and how much of it is him just not knowing how to approach Wakaba's little sister. Everyone else seems very clear on their feelings.

And I wouldn't put it past the show to let Akaishi get Akane in the end.

Bumped up to an 8.
Nov 30, 2009 12:06 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
I didn't peg Azuma as the type to say something so personal so bluntly, but hey, now we know he likes Kou...er, Aoba.
I know you are rooting for Kou x Azuma too :P
Nov 30, 2009 1:33 PM

Aug 2008
It really is starting to interfere with the way I look at the show...
Nov 30, 2009 1:36 PM

Nov 2008
I'm really liking this series. A lot.
Nov 30, 2009 1:41 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
It really is starting to interfere with the way I look at the show...
LMAO..oh no i started to think something dirty
Nov 30, 2009 1:47 PM

Aug 2008
I mean, when Kou and Aoba are fighting over who the subject in the picture is, how would Azuma be able to tell...
Nov 30, 2009 2:20 PM

Jul 2008
Damn Kou's chocolate going to Azuma. I can understand Azuma liking Aoba but earlier on it always seemed his goal to bring Aoba and Kou together, for Kou's potential I guess. Kou won way more point with Aoba this episode though I think by telling her that she had the perfect form and that his development as a baseball player is by observing her.
Nov 30, 2009 2:20 PM

Jul 2009
I don't know, but i think he can tell that it was Aoba's form
Nov 30, 2009 2:23 PM

Aug 2008
Nov 30, 2009 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
Sorry for missing it..enlighten me
Are you trying to pointed out that even Azuma can be mistaken the subject? Because they look the same?
Nov 30, 2009 2:35 PM

Aug 2008
I'd feel much too perverted to expound on that thought in this episode discussion. Especially considering this is a wholesome show for families.
Nov 30, 2009 2:37 PM

Jul 2009
You can write it on my profile :P
Nov 30, 2009 9:35 PM

Sep 2008
My best ep of Cross Game from a while =)
It was so funny like always ^.^

looooooooooooooool @ Akane telling Akaishi that he looks like her late grandfather!

Azuma told Aoba that she is the only one he'd consider going out with. And no, he's fairly serious. He's not trying to make Kou and Aoba together, he really mean it! He even said it in front of Kou and Akaishi.

Kou and Aoba's quarrelling is funny like ever. liked how these sentences were said a lot ^.^:
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Isn't it obvious?" >> at first Aoba was the one who answered then Kou picked the track and answered all the other questions xP. like this mean answer and the reference to Aoba and Kou being identical in another way!

Aoba showed Kou the picture Akane draw of him pitching, then they began quarrelling who were really the one in the picture.
This was really funny:: Aoba: "Nah, this definitely looks like a guy though."
Kou : "That's why it's you." then again to the "doyou imi kana?" "soyou imi dayou." looool

I rly liked Aoba's voice tune when she was asking Kou how many chocos he got =)

That fifth choco Aoba bought was 100% for Kou, but as already known she's not the starightforawrd person. But I'm sure that if Akane didn't show suddenly, Aoba would've given the 5th choco to Kou telling him that it's just an apology for what happened instead of telling him to give it to Azuma.

Azuma really have Aoba all figured out!

Aoba took the 1st chance that ever popped to escape from that awkward situation with Azuma and the choco. (By leaving Mizuki in charge for caring about the store)

Akaishi did his searches and found Akane's pics when she was in her grade school, and at the same time, Akane was with Kou in his room looking at the album and seeing how similar she is to Wakaba. She also noticed Aoba being in most of the pics which Kou explained saying that she was glued to Wakaba (tho, I think it was that she really loved him and didn''t want to leave Wakaba alone with him or just leave him xP.)

Akane made a bet with Kou that if Wakaba was alive she'd never get tired of him and leave him. Akane seems to be in love with Kou too and gave him a choco (taking in mind how similar she's to Wakaba, she must have the same taste in guys too! xD)

5/5 ep!

I liked all of these love developments! (and the complicated ones too =) )

For people, who are looking for the wallpapers download, Subsmith always downloads them and uploads them to their account on Photobucket. You can take it from their website =)

@noteDhero: loool, that was kinda funny but too pervy and lewd hehe =)

Next ep, Aoba and the female baseball national team tryout!
Can't wait~
Kaito__KidNov 30, 2009 9:43 PM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 7, 2009 2:22 AM

Apr 2009
Azuma ~<3

I never considered him pushing this far to make Kou realize he likes Aoba... I think he might have some feelings for her himself?? Maybe some silly love triangle stuff, but I'm sure Kou and Aoba will get together in the end... Once she realizes she won't be taking him from Wakaba... :(
Dec 16, 2009 2:38 AM

Oct 2008
LOL this was my favorite episode so far. I am now rooting for Akaishi X Akane.
May 7, 2010 3:04 PM

May 2008
Somehow I found hilarious how Azuma was so straightforward with Aoba and the others :D Maybe that's why I think he is suits more Aoba than Kou...or maybe I misunderstood something? I don't think so :P
I loved the episode~~
Jun 13, 2010 2:01 AM

Sep 2009
I wish something serious would happen in one of these relationships.
Sep 8, 2010 4:36 PM

Jun 2007
saxophone15 said:
I wish something serious would happen in one of these relationships.

Yet, no matter what you want, you should be well aware by now that in childish tales of love such as this, nothing significant will occur until very close to the end. It's a sad but true fact about the vast majority of anime that deal with the subject of high school romance. Plus, Adachi is fast becoming notorious in my mind for stringing along his romances for no reason other than increased drama. I'm unsure if I should respect how long his teenage characters remain virgins for...

Cross Game is a weird one for me. I can watch it for hours without any trouble... yet it never moves me emotionally, or makes me truly care. The characters are all likable without being special in any way - there being no character developed anywhere near enough to be favourite worthy. Instead of meaningful developments occurring in the downtime episodes between baseball, the episodes all strike me as fillerish due to the same things being repeated over and over.

So little has happened between Kou and Aoba that I don't even see them as a very good pairing, 35 episodes in. They argue a lot in a close friend kind of way but don't seem compatible in a relationship sense, and I actually believe she'd be better with Azuma. Like Kou's first love highlighted, he gels better with sweet girls than tomboyish versions of himself. As it stands right now, it'll seem kinda forced to me when they end up together.

Maybe the lead-up to the finale will sway me, but right now I'm sticking with my 7/10 score. Quite frankly, Touch's start/first quarter is still better than anything I've seen from Cross Game, with only 15 episodes to go. Entertaining baseball matches and decent slice-of-life can only take a series so far, and much of what's happened has been too fillerish for my tastes.
Dec 7, 2010 12:42 PM

Sep 2008
... Okay. I feel like we know everyone's feelings but Kou's! D: Aoba clearly likes Kou. Azuma clearly is interested in Aoba, as he casually said twice in this episode. Akane seems to be somewhat interested in Kou, though I hope she doesn't actually come to like him because that's just... awkward and wrong somehow?!

Anyway, at least Kou got the chocolates he wanted. I wish Aoba had just said the extra was from her...

Next episode looks promising. :D At least in terms of Aoba-screen-time.
Mar 18, 2011 5:17 AM

Nov 2010
akaishi isnt getting any :(
Mar 30, 2011 2:18 AM

Apr 2009
Aw Aoba couldn't tell him the chocolate was for him because Akane was there... unfortunate but cute!
Sep 8, 2011 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
^a few posts up

could you not write up spoilers...

god dammit fuckin..
Dec 19, 2011 3:26 AM

Jul 2011
To be honest I didn't like it. Unlike the last couple episodes, which were good, this one just seemed to drag. It had it's moments but overall not that good.
May 18, 2012 11:39 PM

Aug 2008
Jun 30, 2012 7:18 PM

Jun 2011
Uhm, nobody thought that Aoba's chocolate was originally for Ko? Then Akane showed up in the middle of that conversation and she might just brushed it off like that, from what Azuma (ototou) comment about her not being very honest, and her reaction after knowing Akane was in Ko's room with him..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 6, 2012 3:41 PM

Oct 2009
Wow, a lot of development this ep! Really enjoying this series! ^_^
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Aug 14, 2012 2:20 AM

Nov 2011
babler said:
Nice curveball.

Oh my, Azuma what a move. He sure has changed since the single digit episodes.
Poor Senda, always the one left behind. I'd feel bad for him if he didn't try to rub his misfortune into other people's faces.
I'm liking where the show is going.
AzureBluesAug 14, 2012 2:33 AM
Sep 2, 2012 3:43 AM
Dec 2011
LOVED IT!!!
Sep 19, 2012 11:56 AM

Sep 2011
Azuma was full of win in this episode! (like when is he not?) xD

So blunt.
May 2, 2013 2:36 AM

Jan 2012
I actually don't like how this is going. If Kou will end up with Akane just because she resembles Waka, it will be complete bullshit.

Feb 2, 2014 7:51 AM

Aug 2012
Azuma in his straightforwardness. Right now, I'm confused. I don't know who the hell I want to pair with who.
Mar 9, 2014 5:39 AM

Aug 2013
Lol go Azuma! Hit a home run!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Help: Cross Game filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by zckfox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlowITA - Apr 12, 2009

66 by -mmdll- »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fanty - Apr 5, 2009

194 by Ethan348 »»
Jul 3, 2023 3:30 PM

» Cross Game Soundtrack

falph - Apr 5, 2010

8 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

279 by animejas »»
Apr 27, 2023 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.