Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2014 8:45 PM

Dec 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Im sure Urie is trying to enhance his kagune . It seems Nutcracker case is getting big
Dec 29, 2014 8:52 PM

Apr 2014
Chapter still hasn't been release so I refrain from discussing for now.
I just say that I hope Ishida focusing on the quinx Squad *Sigh*

Dec 29, 2014 9:54 PM
Dec 2014
-IS THAT AMON!?
-That bitch Urie be getting his upgrades
-Sasaki visits :re (JUST FOR BOOKS RIGHT HMMMM)
-More memory stuff brought up
Dec 29, 2014 9:55 PM
Aug 2011
Chapter was nice!!1! XD
Dec 30, 2014 5:51 AM

Nov 2012
Oreo_Assassin said:

-Sasaki visits :re (JUST FOR BOOKS RIGHT HMMMM)

its not for books but for lovely waifu heuheu
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 30, 2014 6:36 AM

Feb 2014
chapter was nice, huh?

i hate not knowing japanese. DAMN.
EustassKiddo !
Dec 30, 2014 6:39 AM

Oct 2014
Why are we having a chapter discussion when we don't even have the scans...not even the chinese scans.
All this conversation should be done in spoilers.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 30, 2014 6:45 AM
Jun 2014
gabyta07 said:
not even the chinese scans.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3497192099
Dec 30, 2014 6:48 AM

Nov 2012
gabyta07 said:
Why are we having a chapter discussion when we don't even have the scans...not even the chinese scans.
All this conversation should be done in spoilers.

http://www.mangabird.com/tokyo-ghoulre-12
search harder
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 30, 2014 7:08 AM

Dec 2014
Who is this? Amon? Whoever it is they have a cloak which instantly reminds me of Aogiri, and are holding some kind of pole that could be a Quinque

Dec 30, 2014 7:14 AM

Apr 2014
What the hell happened to Tsukiyama's hands? Don't tell me he's fat now?

No wonder Kanae was crying in chapter 1.
Dec 30, 2014 7:37 AM
Jul 2013
Z4k said:
What the hell happened to Tsukiyama's hands? Don't tell me he's fat now?

No wonder Kanae was crying in chapter 1.

Nah I wouldn't say that he's fat. His nails look unkempt and his hands are all veiny and bony. I'd say he's malnourished and isn't looking after his body properly. Hope he meets Kaneki soon so he can snap out of this state he's in.
Dec 30, 2014 7:37 AM

Dec 2014
Holy crap I can partly understand the German words!! Yaay for me!!

Thanks so much for the raws I feel so happy now!

I think Tsukiyama's condition is caused by his lack of eating. He probably doesn't eat well enough since his snack is gone.

@MikeHunt: As for the silhouette. I along with a lot of others think it's Amon. Since Donato was talking about him.

Happy happy happy!!!
Dec 30, 2014 9:56 AM

Sep 2014
Anyone have a translation for page 17? Everyone's acting like it's confirmed to be Amon (and I hope it is) but there's really no way to tell just from the back view.
Dec 30, 2014 10:49 AM
Dec 2014
CNTRI715 said:
Anyone have a translation for page 17? Everyone's acting like it's confirmed to be Amon (and I hope it is) but there's really no way to tell just from the back view.

Havent seen it but i have seen that its apparantly the Ghoul that Donato thinks could revive Sasaki's memories. Plus it has Amon's build and a similar quinque he used
Dec 30, 2014 10:54 AM

Apr 2014
CNTRI715 said:

Most of us are guessing because of panels like these.

Plus the way Donato talked kind of implied that it was Amon.
Dec 30, 2014 4:12 PM
Oct 2012
Z4k said:
CNTRI715 said:

Most of us are guessing because of panels like these.

Plus the way Donato talked kind of implied that it was Amon.

probably is Amon, not because of this second image, but due to the factors.

1 - it was mentioned by Donato.
2 - is one of the keys to Sasaki recover his memories.
3 - It appears to have only one arm.

this second image does not prove anything, but it's a little better than the image of the mouth and the nose of Amon to say that he was the Serpent in the second chapter, I think that was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.
Dec 30, 2014 4:19 PM

Apr 2014
Acernos said:

this second image does not prove anything, but it's a little better than the image of the mouth and the nose of Amon to say that he was the Serpent in the second chapter, I think that was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

The second image has the same weapon type of thing the first one has. What I also meant was that this was foreshadowed in chapter 124.
Dec 30, 2014 4:24 PM
Oct 2012
Z4k said:
Acernos said:

The second image has the same weapon type of thing the first one has. What I also meant was that this was foreshadowed in chapter 124.

I get it, I just remembered that image.
Dec 31, 2014 5:20 AM

Jul 2013
I can't believe I somehow missed the spoilers this time around but damn this chapter

- were tsu-kun's hands always that weird?? but okay is tsu-kun really broken beyond repair?
-could this "big madam" be the same one as in Tsu's restaurant?
-so urie's going ahead with his frame expansion...interested to see the outcome of this.
-Donato's conversation was really interesting and Haise goes to him for clearing his thoughts and thats definitely Amon
Dec 31, 2014 5:56 AM
Oct 2014
Sasaki starting to go to :re alone...
Dec 31, 2014 6:06 AM

May 2014
English translations should be up quite soon..... I want to be able to understand what they are talking about...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2014 6:07 AM
Jul 2013
Jarkzy said:
Sasaki starting to go to :re alone...

Yep, the place is probably very nostalgic to him. He'll try and deny it, but I bet he's curious about that nostalgia.
Dec 31, 2014 6:49 AM

Dec 2014
That and he loves the coffee and Touka!!!

Happy happy happy!!!
Dec 31, 2014 7:32 AM
Nov 2014
Acernos said:

i wonder how Donato know about the relationship between Sasaki and Amon.

just hope it will have more pages for Touka and Sasaki
linhduong5527Dec 31, 2014 7:35 AM
Dec 31, 2014 11:00 AM

Sep 2014
Touka and Amon are going to be the two biggest people involved in getting his memories back imo (and Hide, if by some wild chance he's alive) and those relationships are slowly coming to the forefront of the story. This is gonna get interesting...
Dec 31, 2014 11:43 AM
Dec 2014
CNTRI715 said:
Touka and Amon are going to be the two biggest people involved in getting his memories back imo (and Hide, if by some wild chance he's alive) and those relationships are slowly coming to the forefront of the story. This is gonna get interesting...

I think Suu/Rize would be apart of the main Trio to bet back his memories tbh
Dec 31, 2014 12:27 PM

Dec 2014
Oreo_Assassin said:
CNTRI715 said:

I think Suu/Rize would be apart of the main Trio to bet back his memories tbh

Then we should probably add Hinami also to the list, since she probably has more impact on Kaneki than Tsutsu.

Happy happy happy!!!
Dec 31, 2014 6:20 PM

Jul 2008
I'm getting the feeling that Amon was experimented on using Yoshimura's kagune (they have same blood type (A), like how Rize and Kaneki both had type AB).

This would make him mirror Kaneki, as he's been doing throughout the series, and explain why his body was not recovered after the battle at Anteiku. Amon would have started in the CCG and then entered the world of the ghouls, just as Kaneki would have entered the world of the ghouls before ending up in the CCG.

If this is the case, Amon is about to be absurdly strong, as giving him an ukaku kagune would cover all of his weaknesses by making him very fast, with the addition of the koukaku quinque (if he still has it). Really interested to see where his story is going.
Dec 31, 2014 7:30 PM

Apr 2014
CrossguardFalcon said:
I'm getting the feeling that Amon was experimented on using Yoshimura's kagune (they have same blood type (A), like how Rize and Kaneki both had type AB).

This would make him mirror Kaneki, as he's been doing throughout the series, and explain why his body was not recovered after the battle at Anteiku. Amon would have started in the CCG and then entered the world of the ghouls, just as Kaneki would have entered the world of the ghouls before ending up in the CCG.

If this is the case, Amon is about to be absurdly strong, as giving him an ukaku kagune would cover all of his weaknesses by making him very fast, with the addition of the koukaku quinque (if he still has it). Really interested to see where his story is going.

Yoshimura's bloodtype is unknown from what I'm aware off but I won't be surprised if they had the same blood type.
Also didn't someone in the forums said that the blood type had no contribution on
the compatibility rate or something?

Both Kaneki and Amon now has a place in both worlds~

I don't think having an Ukaku kagune would make Amon more fast.I believe that's something Naturally born Ukaku users adapted at a young age.
If nothing else it would force him to fight a battle and ending it quickly as he has a disadvantage since his Kagune requires huge stamina which leaves him more prone to panting in exhaustion.

Well anyway Its perfect for Amon actually,This guy is a body building freak that did 8000 pushups non-stop and I highly doubt the stamina would be an issue for him.Making him the ultimate Ideal as an Ukaku user.

Dec 31, 2014 7:38 PM

Jul 2008
NeutralSide said:
CrossguardFalcon said:

Yoshimura's bloodtype is unknown from what I'm aware off but I won't be surprised if they had the same blood type.
Also didn't someone in the forums said that the blood type had no contribution on
the compatibility rate or something?

Both Kaneki and Amon now has a place in both worlds~

I don't think having an Ukaku kagune would make Amon more fast.I believe that's something Naturally born Ukaku users adapted at a young age.
If nothing else it would force him to fight a battle and ending it quickly as he has a disadvantage since his Kagune requires huge stamina which leaves him more prone to panting in exhaustion.

Well anyway Its perfect for Amon actually,This guy is a body building freak that did 8000 pushups non-stop and I highly doubt the stamina would be an issue for him.Making him the ultimate Ideal as an Ukaku user.

Oh, you may be right. I just saw someone say Yoshimura had type A blood in the thread for discussing the series themes, motifs, and a general literary analysis of it (the "buddy reading tg" thread). Amon and Takizawa are both type A, so it seems perfect.

You might be right about Ukaku users adapting to their kagune to finish things quickly actually. In a sense, that makes sense. Of course, there is no reason that Amon wouldn't do this either, he was on a whole level of his own as a human after all.
Jan 2, 2015 10:25 PM

Jul 2014
Just the read the English translation on Tumblr
I love to see Tsukiyama's flashback a bit, it seems like he is really depressed and really broken right now after the Anteiku raid.
The way Donato talked to Sasaki like that was like implying that certain figure on Page 17 is Amon. His body build resemblances a lot like him as well as the quinque he used and He appears to have only one arm.

Jan 2, 2015 11:41 PM
Dec 2010
So why does this manga in particular take forever to translate? At first it was releasing on sundays then tuesdays, then it stayed on releasing on wednesdays and now with this chapter?
blaze it
Jan 2, 2015 11:46 PM

Apr 2014
koolvid said:
So why does this manga in particular take forever to translate? At first it was releasing on sundays then tuesdays, then it stayed on releasing on wednesdays and now with this chapter?

Hmm..I don't know maybe it was christmas then it was new year.
Take it with a grain of salt though.

Jan 3, 2015 11:23 AM

Dec 2014
At least we got the link to the raws so waiting for the translation isn't so bad.

Happy happy happy!!!
Jan 6, 2015 11:55 AM

Dec 2011
A question from me, does anyone know why are translations so delayed? :/ Holidays or?
Jan 6, 2015 10:33 PM

Aug 2014
akutasame94 said:
A question from me, does anyone know why are translations so delayed? :/ Holidays or?

Ikore from IS seems to be busy with something. Probably that's why.
Jan 7, 2015 1:48 AM

Dec 2011
usagi_Kuro99 said:
akutasame94 said:

Ikore from IS seems to be busy with something. Probably that's why.

pff... It's a popular show I can't believe no one wants to do it :/
Jan 7, 2015 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
Man, the wait for Tokyo Ghoul is off the charts. Feels like Akame ga Kill - a monthly manga.

akutasame94 said:

Same here, though i guess the raws aren't as easy to get your hands on... maybe?
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 7, 2015 2:09 PM

Oct 2014
Maledict said:
Man, the wait for Tokyo Ghoul is off the charts. Feels like Akame ga Kill - a monthly manga.

akutasame94 said:

Same here, though i guess the raws aren't as easy to get your hands on... maybe?

They have the raws, they are just translating very slowly.

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Jan 7, 2015 2:11 PM

Oct 2014
They have the raws they are just translating very slowly, I just hope speed of translation means better quality.

Jan 8, 2015 5:18 AM
Oct 2012
if the translators are Brazilian, so it will not happen.

ps: I am Brazilian, so it's okay with me doing that joke.
Jan 8, 2015 8:03 AM

Sep 2013
At this rate mangastream or mangapanda will take over the translation cause they are not even showing interest in it, I'd prefer stream to take over.
Jan 8, 2015 11:44 AM

Sep 2014
ichii_1 said:
At this rate mangastream or mangapanda will take over the translation cause they are not even showing interest in it, I'd prefer stream to take over.

Didn't Imperial Scans put out an announcement over break saying they were in the process of finding a new translator for :re? If I remember right they said that the old one quit and that was the reason for the delays and that we should be getting regular chapters again after the new year.
Jan 8, 2015 12:43 PM

Dec 2011
CNTRI715 said:
ichii_1 said:

Didn't Imperial Scans put out an announcement over break saying they were in the process of finding a new translator for :re? If I remember right they said that the old one quit and that was the reason for the delays and that we should be getting regular chapters again after the new year.

However they decide... I barely pick up any parts of the story from raws... xD I need my dose of TG xD
Jan 8, 2015 12:52 PM

Oct 2014
New season of TG started..people showing me all these cool fanarts of TG:re/uploading these beautiful full page spreads by ishida himself, and i'm still waiting on these TG:re translations from 3 weeks ago like..

"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Jan 8, 2015 1:04 PM

May 2011
So Sasaki actually lost his memories! I was doubting this. Probably he'd be killed if he recovered them. Urie is performing an operation to enhance his Kagune I think, he's getting a little bit hasty, he should've waited Sasaki's approval.

Nutcracker’s investigation is extending and becoming bigger, my something-really-ugly-is-about-to-happen instinct is kicking in.

Anyway, it's safe to assume that Kaneki won't get his memories recovered in the near future.

Touka was really cute :D asking Sasaki if he's a teacher. I don't think she was surprised when he told her he's a ghoul investigator.
TyrelMay 24, 2016 2:52 PM
Jan 9, 2015 3:16 AM

Dec 2011
fkin spoilers
Jan 9, 2015 2:02 PM

Oct 2011
Wasn't Orochi=Serpent=Nishiki, hm?

I believe Urie got Sasaki's approval. They wouldn't operate him without it... Or without somebody like Arima, Akira or another higher-ups approving of it. And both Arima and Akira would ask Sasaki to decide, sooo.

I think that Tsukiyama's problem is compulsive eating, not starving or anything like that. If we assume that he's depressed since Kaneki's "death", he might spend whole two years (it was two years time-skip, right?) in his bed, without getting up and so on.

I'm curious if Amon suffers memory loss and alternative personality too. I really hate that guy and I don't miss him at all (and it's not that "I love to hate him", Kaneki should kill him when they fight for the first time, or better, Donato should have eat him when he could), but it seems that he'll be back soon and I can't imagine Amon working for Aogiri and accepting his new, ghoul-self. He's too obsessed with killing ghouls and the only option for Amon as we knew him to live as a ghoul is killing and cannibalizing other ghouls to change the world, blah, blah, blah.

I like Haise, but really I want him to come back to his old, ghoul world. I like Akira, Arima and Qs, but I loved old characters much, much more.
Jan 10, 2015 3:31 AM
Oct 2012
this is normal, whereas the old characters have dozens of chapters more than the new, but it will be funny if in 130 chapters worldwide love more the Qs, Akira Arima, etc. and the story back to focus on the point of view ghouls.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

» help refresh my memory pls

Hunted - Aug 11, 2023

5 by waalex11 »»
Aug 25, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.