Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2014 9:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, interesting episode. We have Mask taking the fight on his terms to prove himself again although I find his confidence to be stronger this time.

On the other hand, Bell might of fought a bit too anxious there.

Oh and new OP song was kinda cool.

P.S. Aida looks great in that dress :>
Stark700Dec 25, 2014 1:24 PM
Dec 26, 2014 5:09 AM

Jan 2014
Best episode so far I think, I actually understood what was going on with everyone trying to outfox the Dollette fleet and get to the moon.

Lol at Klim and Mask both offering the Lunarians the same thing, thats going to come back to bite them.
Dec 26, 2014 6:00 AM
Nov 2014
Lol at Klim and Mask both offering the Lunarians the same thing, thats going to come back to bite them.[/quote]
What do you mean by coming back and bite them?
Dec 26, 2014 6:15 AM

Sep 2013
A very nice episode. The characters are always so cheerful and entertaining. ^_^

So Raraiya learned to speak, good for her.

The new opening was nice, although the first one was easily better.

I'm excited to see how Towasanga looks like. Reminds me of Turn A Gundam when they travelled to moon.
Dec 26, 2014 8:55 AM

Nov 2012
araiya become normal all of sudden. is this bad writing?
and that brown lietunant with sexy angelina jolie lips <3
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 26, 2014 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
A new opening.

Nice to see Raraiya learned to speak.
Dec 26, 2014 11:51 AM

Dec 2012
Gundamfagg said:
Lol at Klim and Mask both offering the Lunarians the same thing, thats going to come back to bite them.

What do you mean by coming back and bite them?
[/quote]

It could justify a massive invasion, perhaps, legalizing the Reconquista Plan.

Although, I kind of think it was a pointless gesture, because:

1) The Capital Army offering residency rights to Towasanga is ridiculous. The CA exists because of the orbital elevator and the satellite, the two of each have been built, developed, and owned by Towasanga's SU-Cordisists. Basically, the CA is not in position to issue or negotiate anything towards Towasanga, because they are merely their proxy connection to the Earth.

2) Ameria cannot issue residency rights to potential enemy, especially w/o coordinated agreement with the other earthian parties.

All existing tech taboos concern the earthians, not the lunarians, and they had been set by the latter. maybe I am overthinking it a bit, but in this episode is hinted that the lunarian army plays it dumb/weak, while dragging (all) the earthnoid spaceships farther and away from the Earth and elevator. The way that it goes, the earthian ships might get sandwitched b/w the rest of the lunarian army at that big port they are heading to and Doretto's fleet behind them.
Meanwhile, Doretto plans to move the satellite near the elevator, which basically means that the trip to Towasanga, the "negotiations", and the seemingly unskilled lunarian fleet are diversions to something that would effectuate the said Reconquista Plan.

Oh, and another note - the easiest ways to deliver the Blueprints to Earth unnoticed is to use an insider in the OE (Cumpa?) or ship it to somewhere on Earth but away from the Capital Tower (one will need a space ship to do so, though).
zellamiDec 27, 2014 3:27 AM
Dec 26, 2014 12:38 PM
Jun 2014
zellami said:

Oh, and another note - the easiest ways to deliver the Blueprints to Earth unnoticed is to use an insider in the OE (Cumpa?) or ship it to somewhere on Earth but away from the Capital Tower (one will need a space ship to do so, though).

Cumpa is likely from the Hermes Foundation, and stole -- or maybe even just took -- the Rose of Hermes blueprints before descending to Earth with a team of engineers, who he ordered to spread out and leak the blueprints to Ameria and Gondowan. From what we've learned in this episode, the Hermes Foundation is a separate faction from Towasanga and the Doritos Fleet, and not necessarily completely in collusion with them. It seemed like Colonel Turbo doesn't think much of them.
Dec 26, 2014 1:27 PM

Apr 2013
Best episode so far, I actually understood what was going on.
Dec 26, 2014 1:28 PM

Nov 2012
Holmes15 said:
actually im confused. can u explain?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 26, 2014 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Holmes15 said:

That may be because of exposition so far. It's just that things are starting to fall in place.

BTW,I liked the previous opening more.
Dec 26, 2014 2:11 PM

Apr 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
araiya become normal all of sudden. is this bad writing?
and that brown lietunant with sexy angelina jolie lips <3

Got confused there too.
Maybe seeing the people from the Dorrette Fleet was enough to "wake" her up?

I think I sort of get the story now....
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Dec 26, 2014 5:08 PM

Dec 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
Holmes15 said:
actually im confused. can u explain?

The Megafauna was at the 143-th Nut. Since her crew decided to go to Towasanga, they moved the ship up from the 143-th Nut below Sankt Porto itself, by hiding it within the cords of the Crown installation.

The Salamandra was stationed in Sankt Porto. The Amerians are also going to Towasanga, but the trick is they (and the Megafauna) have to keep course below the hat of Sankt Porto, where the lunarian army is located. The lunarian army would shoot anyone ascending in the area above Sankt Porto as they did with the disguised amerian shapship at the end of episode 12.

The Mask and the Garanden faked an attack on Dorette's fleet around Sankt Porto (using it as a shield) just to deliver a package to its flagship (Guinea Bissau), offering residency rights to the lunarians.
Klim also thinks that such invitation would tempt towasangians to cooperate with Ameria. After all, Ameria's goal was to take over the Capital Tower and the distribution of photon batteries.

In a half month, there will be a celebration/festival dedicated to Kashiba Mikoshi at Sankt Porto, when an all-out moon-earth conference will be held.
In the mean time, lunarian mobile suits are being transported down to the Earth. Steer (the Megafauna's navigator) saw them on the descending elevator, when the Megafauna was going up to Sankt Porto. [Finally found it - the pumps Steer makes holding the wheel resemble Chara Soon's ritual puffs when piloting mobile suit. Double Zeta].

If Raraiya is a pure-bred spacenoid as commented, she might feel better in space and her memories are coming back. Her full name is Raraiya Akuparl.

A Garma/Mashymre clone MS pilot from the lunarian fleet, named Ringo Lon Giamanotta, surrendered to Bellri and boarded the Megafauna. Who knows, he could turn to be a male!Roux Louka later.

The sassy lunarian lady, called Mashner Hume, is voiced by Romi Paku.

:P

Fencel said:
zellami said:

Cumpa is likely from the Hermes Foundation, and stole -- or maybe even just took -- the Rose of Hermes blueprints before descending to Earth with a team of engineers, who he ordered to spread out and leak the blueprints to Ameria and Gondowan. From what we've learned in this episode, the Hermes Foundation is a separate faction from Towasanga and the Doritos Fleet, and not necessarily completely in collusion with them. It seemed like Colonel Turbo doesn't think much of them.

This, this.
Although, I am not certain what Cumpa wants. Reminds me of the story of Dr. Minovsky, but something doesn't feel exactly right.
zellamiDec 27, 2014 3:49 AM
Dec 26, 2014 5:36 PM

Dec 2010
I'm with everyone else, I was actually able to understand whats happening for the most point. That's one of the major issues with the series, it doesn't explain itself very well. It feels like there are always some scenes or interactions missing that would explain the plot better.

Anyway, I like Raraiya's new outfit, and the fact that she can speak now will make the series a bit more interesting.

The new OP is pretty awful, but is similar to other Gundam OPs, ripping off scenes in the show and making it part of the op. At least the phenomenal ED is still in place!
Dec 27, 2014 1:32 AM
Nov 2014
Cumpa is seriously one scary person. He is part of the Research Division being affiliated with RoHBp. Pulling the strings behind everything and its pretty obvious that he is not happy with the plan to join in arms with Amerians from episode 13. He intends to assassinate Noutu Dorrete along with flag ship...damn...really a mastermind.

In a political sense, the towasangan MS dropped like flies is also to show the aggression of the earthnoids, it made people think that the earthnoids are the one whoi believe se eager to fight and do the invasion. Towasangan spaceships have I-field barriers, if I'm not mistaken the megafauna has it too as mentioned in episode 6/7.

I started to like Mashnar Hume's character as it somehow reminds me of Fuala Griffon (forget the actual spelling of the name) from Victory.

Now we see many factions popping out at Towasanga, things are getting more interesting now. And I speculate that the G-Self might have an aquatic backpack if they were to fight in an ocean colony at Venus Globe.
GundamfaggDec 27, 2014 1:51 AM
Dec 30, 2014 9:28 PM

Jan 2009
what is this reconguista plan, and now raraiya can fully speak, and new opening video song
Dec 31, 2014 1:56 AM
Nov 2014
j0x said:
what is this reconguista plan, and now raraiya can fully speak, and new opening video song

Reconguista plan - Reconquering earth/earth invasion.
Jan 1, 2015 2:10 PM

Jan 2013
Is it really that hard for them to make a proper opening instead of editing random clips together??
Jan 3, 2015 2:47 PM

Jul 2007
If they had changed the ED as well as the OP, I'd of had a fit. >:(

First opening was definitely better.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Jan 5, 2015 4:34 PM

Mar 2012
Plot development? Sorry I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER RAIRAIYA NOT BEING A FLAMING RETARD ANYMORE.

Good episode though. Things are picking up nicely. Sucks that this will only be a two-cour. This animation style and pacing is pretty refreshing.
Jan 5, 2015 4:41 PM

Mar 2013
A purple haired guy...no, it can't be.
Jan 5, 2015 10:20 PM

Aug 2007
I feel like the writing of this show treats the viewer like an idiot. Am I the only one?
Jan 7, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
Too much confusion and too many things that escape me even though I read the synopsis very well, in short, is a real slaughter figure out what they want us to understand.
The plot seems to be advancing quite well.
The drawings are of good quality despite this TV series is not reaching great sales.
Jan 14, 2015 7:49 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode, but to be honest i was falling asleep throughout the episode.

Though that's just me being tired after finishing winter classes in two weeks for 6 hours :O

New opening was cool, but disappointing their using the same animation clips and even the exact ones from OP1!

Mick Jack and Klim seems to be going along too well :P

Both are crazy for those laughs though!

Raraiya suddenly has the ability to speak much more fully?! Reconguista plan?

Finally the plot is moving forward!!

Can't wait for the next episode!
Mar 3, 2015 6:12 AM

Oct 2009
Well the OP is quite something...

Man the writing continues to confuse me, I have to go check what actually happens in each episode again to understand..

Also gotta give props to the art, the female characters especially are so dam beautiful. Especially this Mashner Hume, man she's so delicious!
Apr 10, 2015 6:31 AM

Apr 2011
So Raraiya can finally speak better now.

After 14 episodes the story and scenes still confuse me. Like its always something small missing between the lines that it feels like were force to jump from one line to the next and try to connect them. That's the down side of this series. Even so, its still fairly entertaining to watch.
Jun 2, 2015 2:22 PM

Feb 2008
That opening was really lazy.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 3, 2018 7:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Raraiya recovered the mind!!! why? :/
Jan 29, 2021 2:36 PM

Aug 2017
Noredo's the only one who didn't receive any comment on her outfir from Bellri :p

New Raraiya looks like some dancer from a far Eastern country, even some of the music in the episode has such a feeling (and Raraiya's finally featured in the eyecatch). Still remembering that one time Bellri called her Rara and just dropped it after that.
Aida just changed in the very next scene. Huh.

That Noutu fellow has the voice of Midgard from Turn A! He mentioned the moon rabbit legend, curious.

Just noticed that Mack Knife has nail-resembling parts on its hands. For lasers, apparently. The scene with Barara's Mack Knife holding Mask's one mirrored an earlier scene with Mask and Barara, which in turn mirrored a scene with Gym and Lily from Turn A.

I thought that Klim and Mick were something more than just friends...and it seems they look down on Kuntala.

Didn't expect close combat to be taboo as well.

Ringo looks like a mix between Garma, Angelo and Dorel. The famous fire extinguisher guy sitting next to him had 2 watches on his hands lol.

The sassy lunarian lady, called Mashner Hume, is voiced by Romi Paku.

ANN credits Chiaki Takahashi. Romi has no role here.

That opening was really lazy.

Not an uncommon thing for Gundam, many 2nd openings reused elements from the previous ones.
St0rmbladeJan 29, 2021 2:49 PM
Feb 16, 2022 10:38 PM

Jun 2008
Raraiya is like the Dougie Jones of this anime. For those who have seen Twin Peaks: The Return, you’ll get that I’m meaning here.
May 23, 2022 11:19 AM

Nov 2014
Nice to see Raraiya finally acting normally, it was getting annoying to watch her sperg out every episode.
Dec 3, 2023 3:46 AM

Jul 2017
I'm happy that raraya Is recovering, i think it's because they are close to her home so her memories are returning.
Aida seemed a bit jelous of bellri ;)
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.