Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mika Shimotsuki


#1
Dec 20, 2014 2:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1921
I just think she is a waste of space for the inspector's role. Doesn't have the knowledge to think or unable of assessing situations. She mostly wants to compete with Akane Tsunemori and not acknowledging her at all.

The second issue is probably the recruitment process is poor since someone is dumb enough to become one.
2D>3D enough said. ^_^



 
#2
Dec 20, 2014 7:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1921
naki12 said:
Just realised Shimotsuki Mika appeared in the first Psycho-Pass as a student from the crazy school girl case. She was a minor character who didn't like the crazy girl and who loses both her friends in the end. Didn't mention any of it in Psycho-Pass 2, so I only realised now >_<


lolz. Seems like she was recruited by a random person who doesn't give any f*** about solving cases. She is useless who can;'t make decisions of her own and rely on the sibyl system.
2D>3D enough said. ^_^



 
#3
Dec 20, 2014 7:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 555
Renaultclio101 said:
naki12 said:
Just realised Shimotsuki Mika appeared in the first Psycho-Pass as a student from the crazy school girl case. She was a minor character who didn't like the crazy girl and who loses both her friends in the end. Didn't mention any of it in Psycho-Pass 2, so I only realised now >_<


lolz. Seems like she was recruited by a random person who doesn't give any f*** about solving cases. She is useless who can;'t make decisions of her own and rely on the sibyl system.


Actually, in the world of Psycho-Pass, you are measured by the Sybil System on what jobs you are best suited for. They stated that in the first season and in the case of the episode with that online world, they even talked about unemployment levels being almost nonexistent because the sybil system measures the person's aptitude for the jobs.

So according to the Sybil System, Mika is best suited for the job (which they stated multiple times in this season that she is a perfect model citizen for sybil because of how obedient she is)l.
 
#4
Dec 20, 2014 8:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 83
Oh man, did Ubukata even watch Psycho Pass 1? Because there's no other explanation on how Mika's character came out to be. Looks like they needed a haughty character to "oppose" Akane and decided that she was the right one for the job. I even went and rewatched her arc in the first season to see if there were some hints that could conduct her to turn out like this, and no, seems like this Mika was just created straight out of thin air.
 
#5
Dec 20, 2014 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 6615
Take a guess
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
 
#6
Dec 20, 2014 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 314
I really wanted Mika to become someone worthy of my respect in the end, but I honestly have no idea how I feel about her right now.

*sigh* I guess I'll have to wait for the movie to figure it out.
 
#7
Dec 20, 2014 8:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 8091
The scrappy
 
#8
Dec 20, 2014 8:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 31520
Utter useless, FIRE HER!!!

 
#9
Dec 20, 2014 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 291
Ah, her? She's just so damn annoying!
 
Dec 20, 2014 9:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 503
Least likable character i have seen in very long time.

All she does the entire fucking season is walk around trying to get more competent people fired.
Which might work as a motivation if she worked for some kind of internal affairs division, but this way she just comes off as a massive irredeemable cunt.
 
Dec 20, 2014 9:25 AM
~AifureBesto~

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 7798

 
Dec 20, 2014 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1921
Ammish said:
Renaultclio101 said:


lolz. Seems like she was recruited by a random person who doesn't give any f*** about solving cases. She is useless who can;'t make decisions of her own and rely on the sibyl system.


Actually, in the world of Psycho-Pass, you are measured by the Sybil System on what jobs you are best suited for. They stated that in the first season and in the case of the episode with that online world, they even talked about unemployment levels being almost nonexistent because the sybil system measures the person's aptitude for the jobs.

So according to the Sybil System, Mika is best suited for the job (which they stated multiple times in this season that she is a perfect model citizen for sybil because of how obedient she is)l.


I do agree with you. However when Mika's friend was killed in first season, she should have concerns or fears which may of increased her stress levels. In addition we were shown in one scene ,where she was running away due to the fact that can cause her stress level to increase. As a result she might even let the criminals escape if it does affect her levels. Secondly she lacks of taking command. All Mika is good at is looking down on others and thinking she is the commandor.
2D>3D enough said. ^_^



 
Dec 20, 2014 10:03 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 557
Ammish said:
Renaultclio101 said:


lolz. Seems like she was recruited by a random person who doesn't give any f*** about solving cases. She is useless who can;'t make decisions of her own and rely on the sibyl system.


Actually, in the world of Psycho-Pass, you are measured by the Sybil System on what jobs you are best suited for. They stated that in the first season and in the case of the episode with that online world, they even talked about unemployment levels being almost nonexistent because the sybil system measures the person's aptitude for the jobs.

So according to the Sybil System, Mika is best suited for the job (which they stated multiple times in this season that she is a perfect model citizen for sybil because of how obedient she is)l.

Most likely Mika got the choice between inspector and maybe something else.

In comparison, Akane got an A-ranking for just about every major job available, and the only
reason she went for MWPSB(?) was that she was the only one that got an A-ranking for it.
Everything else had other people with the same ranking as her.

I wonder what ranking Mika got in regards to being an inspector.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
 
Dec 20, 2014 3:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1921
konatachan80 said:

Most likely Mika got the choice between inspector and maybe something else.

In comparison, Akane got an A-ranking for just about every major job available, and the only
reason she went for MWPSB(?) was that she was the only one that got an A-ranking for it.
Everything else had other people with the same ranking as her.

I wonder what ranking Mika got in regards to being an inspector.


Mika probably cheated during the exam, she seems be one of those people who will do anything to achieve her objective except of course getting her hue clouded.

When she is on screen time, ALL I SEE IS CLUELESS FROM HER. Kogami should just assassinate her and Akane will be thanking him :).
2D>3D enough said. ^_^



 
Dec 20, 2014 4:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Can anyone go back to Season 1, watch the Mika scenes during the Academy arc then go back to Season 2 and say that it's the same person?

It just seems like the writer for Mika did not have a clue who she was before and just made the most annoying character to serve as a foil for Akane and a detestable character out of the blue.

I think they could have changed her name completely and I would not have noticed.
 
Dec 20, 2014 9:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 11576
From start to finish she sucked. I kinda hoping that she would eventually redeem herself.
 
Dec 20, 2014 10:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1336
She was completely useless. If she wasn't in the show it would have been the exact same story. They could have expanded on her tragic past or have her do something dramatic but nope.
 
Dec 20, 2014 10:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4007
The hateboner for her is hard as ever I see.
 
Dec 20, 2014 10:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 793
I want to like her. She was more of the main character than Akane in season 2. And I don't like hating main characters.

I think if PP2 wasn't so poorly written, she'd be more likable/relatable.

Overall, not sure. Hopefully the movie will confirm my mixed feelings >.<
 
Dec 20, 2014 10:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1430
Her highlights were in season 1
 
Dec 21, 2014 3:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 4430
Really, I understand she was jealous of Akane and didn't like Akane's way of doing stuff, I was ok with her until there, but after she found out everything she decided to support Tougane, and it pissed me off... so I am not sure what to think of her...
 
Dec 21, 2014 3:06 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 5034
Useless + Annoying (I'm really hate her...)
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"It's Purrrfeeectt mistress~" - Sora (◕‿-)
*nods*
 
Dec 21, 2014 4:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1921
It seems that *most* viewers dislike her. However she does have some advantages.

I must have weird taste but she looks quite cute with long straight hair than being tied up. In addition the voice actor for Mika sounds perfect.

(Please note the pictures contain minor scene spoilers}



Disadvantage

That is the only advantage she has and annoyance> appearance.


Mika trembling in fear:




I do believe the story is predictable compared to season 1 which includes many twist plots. As a result it its still a great story filled with action.

However as some say the writers have f***** up mika's character since they could of made her more likeable and not a b****
2D>3D enough said. ^_^



 
Dec 21, 2014 4:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 659
Mika is annoying and utter useless as an inspector
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess"
 
Dec 21, 2014 8:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 4304
People, this is all a perfect setup for the movie. After suffering through her miserable existence this entire second season, her death by Kougami's hands in the movie will taste even sweeter.
 
Dec 22, 2014 2:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1921
deanzel said:
People, this is all a perfect setup for the movie. After suffering through her miserable existence this entire second season, her death by Kougami's hands in the movie will taste even sweeter.


I believe the writer's have ruined Mika's character as it just doesn't seem to tie in with season 1. If we re-watch season 1 there seems to be a huge change and season 2 as if she was just a new character overall.

I expect her to have character development in the movie or some major change or there will just be more hated fans.
2D>3D enough said. ^_^



 
Dec 22, 2014 3:29 AM
Forum Moderator
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2008
Her character didn't have to be this way. Such a shame. In the end while she did have some appalling moments, I never really disliked her.

Renaultclio101 said:

I expect her to have character development in the movie or some major change or there will just be more hated fans.

More likely, urobuchi is so stumped on how to fix her character that she just gets relocated to the back lines for the film save for a couple scenes. In all seriousness though, it doesn't seem like there would be any major focus for her in the upcoming film.
 
Dec 22, 2014 4:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1921
Tensho said:
Her character didn't have to be this way. Such a shame. In the end while she did have some appalling moments, I never really disliked her.

Renaultclio101 said:

I expect her to have character development in the movie or some major change or there will just be more hated fans.

More likely, urobuchi is so stumped on how to fix her character that she just gets relocated to the back lines for the film save for a couple scenes. In all seriousness though, it doesn't seem like there would be any major focus for her in the upcoming film.



I agree however I'm thinking she might even just be a spy for sibyl to inform about Kogami or people they want. Well I would like to see changes in her before she gets killed since she is utter annoying.
2D>3D enough said. ^_^



 
Dec 28, 2014 3:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1061
It didn't make sense to me why she was chosen to be inspector by system which clearly is supposed to pick right ppl for right jobs. She clearly had troubles dealing with about every single thing that happened during story. She was there just to negate everyone and her character didn't make a sense to me.
BTW: Do I miss any worthwhile anime-romance from guy's point of view in MAL? Let me know without hesitation :)



 
Dec 28, 2014 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 265
Although action packed, overall the series was lacking in plot as well as character development. I figured eventually Mika would come to terms with or, at least, find a happy medium with Akane. Sort of similar to how Akane classed with t and her methods, just as Akane used to clash with Kogami, but ended up having good repoire. I will never like her character , meaning Mika, now solely due to the part she played in Akane's grandmother's death. Even now, she wants to sweep it under the rug... pathetic. I sincerely hope the movie brings her to justice.

Once again, I am disappointed in Ginza's charcter; I expected greater things of him this season, but...
 
Dec 29, 2014 7:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1061
notsoironic said:
greenmarty said:
It didn't make sense to me why she was chosen to be inspector by system which clearly is supposed to pick right ppl for right jobs. She clearly had troubles dealing with about every single thing that happened during story. She was there just to negate everyone and her character didn't make a sense to me.


We've been shown before that having the aptitude for a specific job by Sibyl's standards does not always translate into a person being able to do it in a set way.

For Mika, it's fair enough to say that's she's a capable detective, but she'll never reach the ability of someone like Akane or Kogami. This pretty comes down to the fact that she has undying loyalty for the Sibyl System -- to the point where she refuses to remember the truth and won't accept anything outside of it's logic. In that sense, she's a perfect Inspector if Sibyl's ideals are put into account, but it means that an anomaly like Kamui is completely out of her depth.

She's still annoying to watch, but her actions make more sense under the context of the setting then people are crediting it for.
What i meant is that she didn't know what to do as detective/instepctor even after like year. Her personality didn't matter. Imho she didn't do her job well. As for Sybil choosing wrong person for post that didn't happened before as far as i know, every time their abilities matched their jobs so they wouldn't get stressed too much but still worked efficiently, their feelings or ambitions are other things which sybil doesn't care about that much.
Modified by greenmarty, Dec 29, 2014 7:18 AM
BTW: Do I miss any worthwhile anime-romance from guy's point of view in MAL? Let me know without hesitation :)



 
Dec 29, 2014 7:42 AM
❤Genki Girl❤

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 27693
she had useless written all over her

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
Hit me up if you want someone to flirt with for a bit ^^
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Dec 29, 2014 9:13 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2832
notsoironic said:
greenmarty said:
What i meant is that she didn't know what to do as detective/instepctor even after like year. Her personality didn't matter. Imho she didn't do her job well. As for Sybil choosing wrong person for post that didn't happened before as far as i know, every time their abilities matched their jobs so they wouldn't get stressed too much but still worked efficiently, their feelings or ambitions are other things which sybil doesn't care about that much.


I never said that Sibyl chose the wrong person. I said that they accept some variety in capability for their jobs.

Mika demonstrates that she's at least decent when investigating Togane Pharmaceuticals. She's the type who does her job by the book and obeys Sibyl with complete loyalty. She's an extreme case of Ginoza's mindset from S1. She might not be suited for the job by the viewers opinion, but she's perfect for it under Sibyl's judgement. Also, keep in mind that we never see her in the job outside of the Kamui case: a situation that defies the logic of the Sibyl System and something Mika refuses to acknowledge. Plus with Akane running around after Kamui and not having her actions reprimanded by Sibyl, of course Mika is going to be stressed. Everything that happens during S2 goes against her beliefs and it destroys her in the end.

That's the whole point of her character. She's a sheep who's perfect by Sibyl's standards, and she get's utterly wrecked by something outside of that logic.


Pretty much this, I don't understand how people call her useless when she's the one who pretty much connected everything together. Even though it backfired on her because of her own ambitions. Mika's character was already broken to begin with due to the events in season 1, she was trying to do things right and Akane was pretty much getting away with anything she wanted.
I find the people who blame Mika for the deaths even more baffling than the ones who call her useless though, I mean Akane still couldn't pull the trigger or turn on the sybil system. She let's the mastermind go, which led to more deaths, just like she did in season 1 when her friend was killed. In fact Akane ended the same way she did in season 1, trying to stop the mastermind behind everything from getting killed and saying that the sybil system is needed to maintain order.
 
Dec 30, 2014 2:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1061
notsoironic said:


I never said that Sibyl chose the wrong person. I said that they accept some variety in capability for their jobs.

Mika demonstrates that she's at least decent when investigating Togane Pharmaceuticals. She's the type who does her job by the book and obeys Sibyl with complete loyalty. She's an extreme case of Ginoza's mindset from S1. She might not be suited for the job by the viewers opinion, but she's perfect for it under Sibyl's judgement. Also, keep in mind that we never see her in the job outside of the Kamui case: a situation that defies the logic of the Sibyl System and something Mika refuses to acknowledge. Plus with Akane running around after Kamui and not having her actions reprimanded by Sibyl, of course Mika is going to be stressed. Everything that happens during S2 goes against her beliefs and it destroys her in the end.

That's the whole point of her character. She's a sheep who's perfect by Sibyl's standards, and she get's utterly wrecked by something outside of that logic.


I agree on her personality, mindset, being sheep etc but i still think she didn't fulfill her job as detective under sibyl's standards thou it indeed might have been caused by that we didn't see her at "normal" case. So i guess I'll wait to see if she'll be in movie to see her in more situations to judge her better.


Kamipriest said:
Pretty much this, I don't understand how people call her useless when she's the one who pretty much connected everything together. Even though it backfired on her because of her own ambitions. Mika's character was already broken to begin with due to the events in season 1, she was trying to do things right and Akane was pretty much getting away with anything she wanted.
I find the people who blame Mika for the deaths even more baffling than the ones who call her useless though, I mean Akane still couldn't pull the trigger or turn on the sybil system. She let's the mastermind go, which led to more deaths, just like she did in season 1 when her friend was killed. In fact Akane ended the same way she did in season 1, trying to stop the mastermind behind everything from getting killed and saying that the sybil system is needed to maintain order.


Hm she was there to kinda replace Ginoza type of character not sure how much he did connect things together but he actually moved somewhere while she didn't. She did her job at concentrating negative emotions of viewers thou i think ppl expected her to develop bit or even go criminal under pressure of irregularities.

As for Akane, she keeps her crime coefficient down which makes her unable to kill anyone on the contrary if she would kill the dude she would no longer be suited for the job and become enforcer. In our world she's just one of those "ima never gonna hurt fly even if it kills all my family" character but strangely enough she fits in their world full of soft ppl. She's imho also type of irregularity having extremely stable crime coefficient under any circumstances.
BTW: Do I miss any worthwhile anime-romance from guy's point of view in MAL? Let me know without hesitation :)



 
Jan 1, 2015 11:54 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 69
hating Mika was one of the highlights of the show
her eventual suffering was one of the things i was looking forward the most (mostly because every other interesting character either died or turned out to be a walking caricature or disappeared in the background)
 
Jan 1, 2015 5:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 781
one of the worst characters in anime
I mean just wow
 
Jan 4, 2015 11:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 345
naki12 said:
Just realised Shimotsuki Mika appeared in the first Psycho-Pass as a student from the crazy school girl case. She was a minor character who didn't like the crazy girl and who loses both her friends in the end. Didn't mention any of it in Psycho-Pass 2, so I only realised now >_<


I feel so dumb because when rewatching the first season I'm like "hey, this student has the same first name!" but I didn't put two and two together ._.

Anyways, she's an awful character. She doesn't add to the plot in any way, she's useless, jealous, and authoritarian. Her treatment of the enforcers makes me want to punch her.
 
Jan 5, 2015 12:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 34
SOOOO ANNOYING!!! I was waiting for something to happen to her the entire series!!! She's a hater to the max!!
 
Jan 11, 2015 8:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 124
I've said this in anothet thread but I hope people doesn't have a negative opinion of Psycho-Pass 2 because of Shimotsuki. Not all characters are meant have pitch perfect endings and this makes her character quite human. Her character offers a contrast to Tsunemori's character which is generally seen as the perfect character. It would have honestly been quite boring to see her end up in a more positive development like how Tsunemori always does, so I am glad they have her character in Psycho-Pass 2. Also the ending wrapped up her story quite well considering that's simply how her character would mostly handle the situation.

Pretty much, she is the character you want to hate and you know what? That's perfectly fine and adds to the story.
 
Jan 12, 2015 5:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 69
ImmaMuggleYou said:
I've said this in anothet thread but I hope people doesn't have a negative opinion of Psycho-Pass 2 because of Shimotsuki.
Mika was PP2's saving grace, one of the very few consistently entertaining characters in the show.
Pretty sure a lot of those who thought pp2 was gutter trash kept watching just because they enjoyed seeing Mika suffer.

Her suffering was kind of underwhelming in the end but it's likely they just ran out of time on ep11 (that's what happens when your writer introduces a truckload of useless subplots your director isn't experienced enough to manage).
 
Jan 12, 2015 7:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 124
qberr said:
ImmaMuggleYou said:
I've said this in anothet thread but I hope people doesn't have a negative opinion of Psycho-Pass 2 because of Shimotsuki.
Mika was PP2's saving grace, one of the very few consistently entertaining characters in the show.
Pretty sure a lot of those who thought pp2 was gutter trash kept watching just because they enjoyed seeing Mika suffer.

Her suffering was kind of underwhelming in the end but it's likely they just ran out of time on ep11 (that's what happens when your writer introduces a truckload of useless subplots your director isn't experienced enough to manage).


I liked her ending. Not sure how much they could do with it, but they pretty much closed her off by her completely shuttign off what happened which was great. Her character was probably the best of the show. I do like Akane's character though she's my fave :)
 
Jan 14, 2015 4:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1921
qberr said:
ImmaMuggleYou said:
I've said this in anothet thread but I hope people doesn't have a negative opinion of Psycho-Pass 2 because of Shimotsuki.
Mika was PP2's saving grace, one of the very few consistently entertaining characters in the show.
Pretty sure a lot of those who thought pp2 was gutter trash kept watching just because they enjoyed seeing Mika suffer.

Her suffering was kind of underwhelming in the end but it's likely they just ran out of time on ep11 (that's what happens when your writer introduces a truckload of useless subplots your director isn't experienced enough to manage).



I don't think I was watching the series because of Mika suffering. It is more like I wanted to see what Akane can do without Kougami and the whole police force.


I noticed that the movie "characters" Mika is considered as a main character. Don't tell me we will be seeing her more than Kougami.Gen Urobuchi needs to do something with Mika's character.
2D>3D enough said. ^_^



 
Jan 14, 2015 8:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 69
Renaultclio101 said:
It is more like I wanted to see what Akane can do without Kougami and the whole police force.
And the answer to that is "nothing".
PP2 effectively lampshaded how utterly incompetent Akane really is at investigating things.
Then again even in her incompetence she's still more competent than mrs "bring the enforcers out just to park them nowhere" or mrs "doesn't check e-mail"

By the way, no, Mika isn't an important character in the movie.
Movie is just Akane + Kougami in shambala floats, the rest of div1 stays in japan for the vast majority of the movie.

It's also worth mentioning that NOTHING that happened in s2 is relevant to the movie's plot, the asspull dominator is used a couple times, that's all, you can safely ignore s2 altogether.
 
Jan 23, 2015 5:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 448
Was annoying from the start but got even worse when she partially got Aoyonagi(I will never forget dat fanservice) killed.
She is a narrow minded, selfish, coward bitch who wants to NTR Yayoi from my Shion, I wish Oruyo had killed her in S1
 
Jan 23, 2015 5:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 448
konatachan80 said:
Ammish said:


Actually, in the world of Psycho-Pass, you are measured by the Sybil System on what jobs you are best suited for. They stated that in the first season and in the case of the episode with that online world, they even talked about unemployment levels being almost nonexistent because the sybil system measures the person's aptitude for the jobs.

So according to the Sybil System, Mika is best suited for the job (which they stated multiple times in this season that she is a perfect model citizen for sybil because of how obedient she is)l.

Most likely Mika got the choice between inspector and maybe something else.

In comparison, Akane got an A-ranking for just about every major job available, and the only
reason she went for MWPSB(?) was that she was the only one that got an A-ranking for it.
Everything else had other people with the same ranking as her.

I wonder what ranking Mika got in regards to being an inspector.

Sibyl system was high when she was selected.
 
Apr 12, 2015 7:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1
All she did was try and get Akane fired and hope her lady crush notices her and her only purpose in the story is for the author to have a way of revealing Tougane's real objectives.. sooo plot-wise she isn't totally utterly useless.

God damn she was annoying though
 
Apr 13, 2015 2:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 647
I generally like asshole/ troll-like characters actually. And given her past I'm not surprised she acts the way she does towards criminals. Being schooled in a private, somewhat backward "ladies" academy probably didn't help much with regards to her mindless obedience to authority. In a way, I'm glad we didn't just get an Akane 2.0

To the Sibyl system, Mika is a model citizen who also has the initiative to poke her nose into things like a good detective should. From season 1 we find that she has pretty good instincts when it comes to sniffing out the bad guys..

Given that she can't be more than 19 years of age in PP2, she's still a kid with a lot of room for development. We get to know more about other inspectors in season 2 & none of them seem particularly competent. So from a potential viewpoint, Mika is probably pretty decent.

It's obvious that her character was meant to be a foil for Akane (who I think developed wonderfully across the 2 seasons), but despite that, she's been entertaining in her own right.

 
Jun 30, 2015 12:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1
I think her story arc was supposed to include a growth segment in the manner of Akane's growth in season 1. However they may have cut it out due to the length of season 2. She is supposed to show that given similar circumstances, not everyone can become what Akane achieved in the end. By cutting out the growth segment, she just seem purely annoying and bitching.
 
Jul 2, 2015 4:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 1866
Just got onto episode 5....kind of a bitch.
 
Jul 11, 2015 3:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1
I want Mika to either die, get fired, or step up because so far she`s been a useless bitch who looks down on others like she so much better than them. Seriously, can`t she do something besides being useless zombie of the Sibyl system?!
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »