Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 15, 2014 3:49 AM

Nov 2012
okay lets begin the ship war
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 15, 2014 10:26 AM

Feb 2014
Well, you should throw the bait first.

I just take it like it should be a natural choice for Sora ended up with Taichi, moreover that the series didn't really focused on romance, i just don't understand why there should be a NTR in the first place which actually didn't have any actual impact to the plot. I just can't understand what the point of it, actually.

Well, i hate NTR in the first place. But if it actually have any impact to the story, at least my hatred spark for that dumb decision was not so big.
FlashofthebackDec 15, 2014 10:50 AM
Dec 15, 2014 1:08 PM

Dec 2013
Sora x Taichi & Hikari x Takeru /thread
kappa
Dec 15, 2014 6:06 PM

Aug 2014
Dammit 02, where was my Takeru x Hikari shipping.

But on topic, of course Taichi x Sora. Yamato is better off single.
Dec 15, 2014 6:39 PM

Sep 2010
What "ship war" is there even to be had? This ended years ago.

Jump said:

Interviewer: “Did Yamato and Sora get married? And what about Takeru and Hikari!?”
Hiromi Seki: “Yamato and Sora got married. They began a relationship at Christmas in 02 episode 38. After that, their love developed into marriage. Takeru and Hikari didn’t get married. I’m sorry.”

SOURCE: http://41.media.tumblr.com/46b80e0988d3091bf684a58ac81874e3/tumblr_n53m1ayuhK1st5shfo1_r1_1280.jpg
sauveterreDec 15, 2014 6:46 PM
Dec 17, 2014 3:51 AM

May 2009
This ship war will NEVER end, no matter what anyone from the original staff says about it.

Anyway, Taiora.
Dec 17, 2014 4:34 AM

Nov 2012
Miya_F_Exia said:
This ship war will NEVER end, no matter what anyone from the original staff says about it.

Anyway, Taiora.

i like tsundere yamato x taichi more
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 17, 2014 4:37 PM
Aug 2013
sauveterre said:

Jump said:

Interviewer: “Did Yamato and Sora get married? And what about Takeru and Hikari!?”
Hiromi Seki: “Yamato and Sora got married. They began a relationship at Christmas in 02 episode 38. After that, their love developed into marriage. Takeru and Hikari didn’t get married. I’m sorry.”

SOURCE: http://41.media.tumblr.com/46b80e0988d3091bf684a58ac81874e3/tumblr_n53m1ayuhK1st5shfo1_r1_1280.jpg

This makes me happy. I'm glad Takeru and Hikari didn't ended together, because to me, it gave it a more realistic feel. Same with Taichi/Sora.

Sorato ftw!!
Dec 18, 2014 4:09 PM
Jun 2014
FueledbyKass said:
sauveterre said:

This makes me happy. I'm glad Takeru and Hikari didn't ended together, because to me, it gave it a more realistic feel. Same with Taichi/Sora.

Sorato ftw!!

Same here! That's because I ship Tai/ Mimi ( that will never happen though)
Dec 18, 2014 10:18 PM
Dec 2014
Yamato can have sora. I'd rather Tai end up with Mimi haha. He got NTR'd by Yamato, so Tai should at least NTR Joe and Izzy.
Dec 18, 2014 10:47 PM
Jun 2008
Neither. I always shipped Sora/Takeru but honestly I'd be just as happy to see romance stay out of it.
Dec 19, 2014 7:42 AM
Jun 2014
lindpalou said:
Yamato can have sora. I'd rather Tai end up with Mimi haha. He got NTR'd by Yamato, so Tai should at least NTR Joe and Izzy.

haha so truee !
Dec 19, 2014 4:30 PM

Feb 2009
I don't care. I just don't want to see TK being friendzoned... It's one my childhood's greatest traumas I can't get over with.
Dec 28, 2014 8:13 PM

Aug 2014
y123y said:
Tai x Sora fans, go to the "Visual with character designs" thread on the forum section, and check on page 5...... Not good. Dont know if the picture is official, but if it its, not good for Tai x Sora fans

God damn it, you ruined everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 29, 2014 3:20 AM
Jun 2011
Nanet said:
y123y said:
Tai x Sora fans, go to the "Visual with character designs" thread on the forum section, and check on page 5...... Not good. Dont know if the picture is official, but if it its, not good for Tai x Sora fans

God damn it, you ruined everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope it not offical picture
Dec 29, 2014 5:58 AM

May 2009
Aw, where's the, "I like both pairings" option? Sucks being a fan of multiple ships for this series. lol
Dec 30, 2014 6:16 PM

Aug 2014
ssjup81 said:
Aw, where's the, "I like both pairings" option? Sucks being a fan of multiple ships for this series. lol

That's not how shipping wars work.
Dec 31, 2014 1:11 AM
Jun 2009
ssjup81 said:

Harem endings only work one way.
Jan 14, 2015 9:52 AM

May 2008
ninjastarforcex said:
i like tsundere yamato x taichi more

This is my choice. The lulz would be epic.

But, on a serious note, I say neither. Both boys seemed incompatible with her, to me, at least. I can't see Yamato and Sora having an dynamic/interesting relationship (they're both boring types of people...) and I can't see Taichi putting up with Sora's drama for very long and vice versa.

But, Mimi x Sora is the One True Pairing, ofc.
Jan 14, 2015 1:40 PM
Jun 2013
Hikari is best chick. But that's illegal.
Feb 9, 2015 2:39 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008

Sora x Yamato?

Sora x Taichi?

Puh-Lease, we all know the -true- pairing here is...

Yamato x Taichi

Feb 10, 2015 3:26 AM
Sep 2013
If it makes no sense for Sora to be with Yamato then it also makes no sense for her to be with Tachi. Honestly, Taichi could had chosen to like Mimi instead and I would had just went, "Okay." If Tri does take place in the same timeline as 02 then Tri might delve more into their relationship. However, that would only infuriate the shippers more as Sora x Yamato is already canon in that timeline. That's probably what the creators want though; drama sells.

Oh, and you also have to consider the fact that Taichi's feelings are only pronounced in the English dub. It wouldn't be strange if he didn't actually have any romantic feelings for her at all.
Feb 21, 2015 11:42 PM

Oct 2014
Sora and Matt is worse pairing in the whole of anime. Matt freaking sucks and should be hit by a meteorite. Sora should end up with Tai or be forever alone. Just my humble opinion.
Feb 22, 2015 12:50 AM

May 2009
o123o said:
It makes absolutely no sense for Matt (Yamato) x Sora to be together. None. Nothing.

One episode (episode 38 of season 2) she just decided to bring him cookies, and everyone (including Tai) was just forced to accept that Sora and Matt were together. Matt and Sora barely had any interactions before that cookies scene, and since then, they are all lovey dovey and always around together.

No one would have complained if Tai and Sora ended together. Heck, no one would have complained if season 2 never brought up the whole romance thing, kinda like pokemon does. But season 2 did bring up the romance, and to this day, many fans are still very bitter at that poorly written out-of-no where romance.

If Matt and Sora still happens on this new season, then there better be an amazing chick that likes Tai and makes most of the fans scream "BEST CHICK". And from what I have seen from Mimi in season 1 and 2, she is not best chick, unless she becomes amazing in this new season.

They better give Tai a better ending in the new anime. They threw him under the bridge in season 2.

Only reason why Matt and Sora ended up together was because the writers saw that many fans in Jpn liked Matt and Sora, and so the writers saw that as an opportunity to sell more, and they put the two of them together. Which is why Matt and Sora makes absolutely no sense and it was rushed and forced. Heck, even the english voice actors were extremely surprised that Tai and Sora didnt end together (or more specifically, they were extremely surprised that Matt and Sora was even thought of as a possible couple).

Also, in that interview were the producers said that Matt x Sora were planned from the beginning, that was pure garbage. That was just a case of them covering their you know what.
I find thisto be a faulty argument. We already know that Yamato and Sora are friends and that they go to the same school. What does it matter what transpired offscreen? Romance isn't really this series main focus anyway.

This is a "lost in translation" thing I guess. Sora handmade those cookies for Yamato specifically. Here in Japan, Chrismtas is geared towards young kids ("Santa-san") and couples. Christmas is a romantic holiday here. If a girl gives a guy a homemade gift (especially food), it's her way of showing she has a romantic interest in him. Valentine's is done the same way here. If a girl likes a boy, she'll more than likely prepare him homemade chocolate as opposed to store-bought, which one would give to her male friends (Tomo-choco) or maybe her coworker (Giri Choco).

This is why Taichi "accepted it". He could see that Sora liked Yamato and acted as a friend. It wouldn't surprise me if the dub screwed that up. He was acting as a friend to her and being selfless here, despite the fact that, for that scene, he seemed to like her as more than a friend. It's a realistic approach. You can't help who you fall for and not everyone falls for their childhood friends no matter what Aoyama Gosho (Detective Conan fame) may think. Geez, he overdoes the childhood friends growing up to become a couple thing. Seriously, every single solitary pairing (aside from probably Takagi x Sato), hinted or otherwise, seems to be based off of the fact that the parties involved were childhood friends at some point.

We can only speculate on what their interactions were like offscreen prior to this, but that goes for all of the older kids in 02. For all we know, maybe Jou would hit up a karaoke box every once in a while when not doing extra lessons at his private school or attending cram school or studying. Maybe Koushirou likes playing MMORPGs. Maybe Taichi sometimes would hang with Chizuru, who knows.

Oh, and hate to burst your bubble, but, according to the series director, Yamato and Sora were planned from the very beginning, so the Japanese fans didn't really have much bearing on that.

Anywaym tge two are already good friends; that should be enough...and there is the Michi e no Armor Shinka drama. Yamato literally humiliated himself as a way to show how much he loved Sora for that...so yeah...
ssjup81Feb 22, 2015 12:58 AM
Feb 22, 2015 3:04 AM

Aug 2007
Taiora for me. :D
Sora x Matt came completely out of nowhere for me, it was my first big canon ship hate. During Season 1 I always thought Sora was going to end up with Tai, because... well... they're very much alike? Matt would end up with Mimi, because of the cool guy x princess szenario.

And then Sorato happend.
Feb 22, 2015 7:16 AM

Dec 2014
yamato X sora haha just take a reality.

and its pitied that hikari not with TK because i love them.

maybe hikari must be with daisuke (he was on cover of time magazine haha how succes he is haha)

Feb 22, 2015 7:19 AM

Feb 2013
Tai x Sora, they have amazing moments in 01 and out of the blue Sora ends with Matt...

Sora look at your life, look at your choices.

Feb 22, 2015 11:29 AM

Jul 2013
F... Sora! Taito all the way!! xD

Feb 23, 2015 6:01 PM

Jan 2010
Can there be a third option for people who don't give a crap about the romance? Seriously I just watched the show so I could see giant monsters evolve and beat the crap out of other monsters. And this is coming from someone who loves shipping.

The ships can go in whatever direction they want to as far as I'm concerned.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2015 9:29 PM

Aug 2010
Sorato! Flame away!
Feb 24, 2015 1:53 AM

Dec 2014
well sora end up with yamato because it is tai fault.for godsake taichi more care about digimon than his life.

Feb 24, 2015 3:08 AM
Jun 2013
diyedas said:
Can there be a third option for people who don't give a crap about the romance? Seriously I just watched the show so I could see giant monsters evolve and beat the crap out of other monsters. And this is coming from someone who loves shipping.

The ships can go in whatever direction they want to as far as I'm concerned.
Feb 24, 2015 1:05 PM
Dec 2013
Threads like these are giving me headache. Who cares about romance in Digimon? Its a show about adventure, giant badass monsters and friendship, not some slice of life romance anime. This is Digimon, not Naruto. Dont be retarded.
Feb 24, 2015 1:08 PM
Aug 2011
I don't give a shit about Sora X anyone but the severe lack of Hikari X Takeru just made my entire childhood a suffering place. First ship I shipped, my poor heart.
Feb 24, 2015 6:03 PM

May 2009
parfaited said:
I don't give a shit about Sora X anyone but the severe lack of Hikari X Takeru just made my entire childhood a suffering place. First ship I shipped, my poor heart.
I wish more people felt this way and just get over the whole Yamato x Sora thing. It was the planned ship from the beginning.
Feb 27, 2015 10:37 AM
Aug 2009
i never cared about sora so i don't care about either. mimi is a whole other story tho. tbh dreaming of mimi just having a harem with everyone lol
Feb 28, 2015 4:57 PM
May 2014
But we already know that she marries Yamato "Matt" Ishida and in the second series she's clearly in love with him...
Mar 3, 2015 11:45 AM
Jun 2008
I think the reason the ship wars run so deep in the Digimon fan community in regards to these two pairings is because there was a ship war apparently going on with the staff. This means though the creators could side with the original canon ending - which always felt off with it's "everybody gets a Digimon" - or they could create a new one and easily claim the ending for second was some story T.K. put together thinking things would end up that way - or they could toss season two canon all together and claim it an alternative universe to this one because of the issues that did occur in season two. I hold out until I see what is going on in tri before coming to a solid conclusion on the matter.
Mar 7, 2015 6:05 PM
May 2013
muhuchiki said:
Threads like these are giving me headache. Who cares about romance in Digimon? Its a show about adventure, giant badass monsters and friendship, not some slice of life romance anime. This is Digimon, not Naruto. Dont be retarded.

I was searching for someone to say this. So glad I'm not the only one. As a kid I was watching it for the Digimon, saving the world, etc. Not romance, what little kid is even thinking about that? Screw this "shipping" bs, I want a great retelling with our classic characters.
Mar 8, 2015 10:06 AM
Jun 2008
[quote=rpool179]
muhuchiki said:

The original staff of season two started the BS. I've never cared if the pairings I ship were canon or not, but I still find myself wondering what will end up with a retcon for this season and not just Tai/Sora.
Mar 12, 2015 11:11 AM
May 2013
[quote=Yemi_Hikari]
rpool179 said:
muhuchiki said:

The original staff of season two started the BS. I've never cared if the pairings I ship were canon or not, but I still find myself wondering what will end up with a retcon for this season and not just Tai/Sora.

I guess now that the Digimon audience is 15 years older, I wouldn't be against any romance in it. But I hope the plot, writing, and overall quality is the 1st concern, not fixing a relationship pairing.
Mar 12, 2015 12:52 PM
Jun 2008
[quote=rpool179]
Yemi_Hikari said:
rpool179 said:

I guess now that the Digimon audience is 15 years older, I wouldn't be against any romance in it. But I hope the plot, writing, and overall quality is the 1st concern, not fixing a relationship pairing.

My dyslexia kicked in there. I was trying to say I'm wondering more about what retcons they will do in order to make sure the quality of the story is good rather then worrying whether Matt/Sora will end up with a retcon in favor of Tai/Sora which does happen to be my preferred pairing. I'll actually be less upset about Matt/Sora not being retconned or getting more development between the two then I would having it retconned for my preferred pairing if said retcon used poor writing.
Mar 13, 2015 4:07 AM

Jun 2012
The whole shipping debacle in the original Digimon just reminds me of Naruto.

You have the upbeat protagonist (Tai/Naruto) falling for the main girl (Sora/Sakura), they have a ton of chemistry and seem perfect together, but then for some reason the main girl ends up with the brooding rival (Yamato/Sasuke).

Granted, it was much worse with Naruto considering the whole dicking with paralols and whatever else, and I think Kishimoto tried to call it all a redherring, but whatever. The point is that the pairing that made the most sense didn't happen when it should have.
Mar 13, 2015 12:18 PM
Jun 2008
43211 said:
I will say this as a Tai fan:

If the anime never brings up any romance, then I will be happy. No complaints.

However, if I see Matt x Sora having lovey-dovey moments, etc., THEN IT IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!! What I mean is, if that happens, then there better be a chick for Tai as well. And she better be awesome.

I dont wanna hear about how Tai getting NTR by his best friend was part of his development. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT??!!!

If part of Tai's development is him getting NTR, then I hope that part of Matt's development is him catching Sora cheating on him.

Yeah, im done. See you in early April everyone.

This is one of the two routes I can see it going, both being good options.
They could also choose to ignore the relationship completely.
Or they could go the route that Matt and Sora pretending to be a couple in order to try and get Tai's attention because he tends to be so oblivious to those kind of things, but it ended up backfiring.
Or Sora tried getting Tai's attention that way, and it backfired and she eventually told the truth to Matt and he decides the best route is to continue pretending to be a couple.
Or Tai finally admits he has feelings, but realizes his feelings will never be unrequited.
Mar 13, 2015 1:36 PM

May 2013
Did none of you watch Digimon.
Are we even talking about the same anime?
I just don't get you at all, did you pay any attention? I'm really confused.

Read these and keep in mind in the future that what the characters say and do is actually IMPORTANT to the characters.. a lot of people make this mistake that it doesn't, I think..

http://sorato-ai.deviantart.com/journal/Sorato-Evidence-amp-Moments-240758068

http://jippy-kandi.tumblr.com/post/51900665766/digimon-creator-speaks-about-sorato-and-taiora

YamatoxSora was never a surprise, if you watched the show..

This is also worth reading:

http://jippy-kandi.tumblr.com/post/62261497029/analysis-on-sorato-taiora-digimon-creators-writers

And if you still don't get it after all that ( which would be a little weird at this point xD)
Here are some parallels pointed out in their respective stories:
http://jippy-kandi.tumblr.com/post/70849581215/digimon-sorato-foreshadowing-evidence-sora-matt

TaichiYamatoMar 13, 2015 2:30 PM
Brave Heart~

Dislikes politics.
Mar 13, 2015 3:38 PM
Jun 2008
TaichiYamato said:
Did none of you watch Digimon.
Are we even talking about the same anime?
I just don't get you at all, did you pay any attention? I'm really confused.

Read these and keep in mind in the future that what the characters say and do is actually IMPORTANT to the characters.. a lot of people make this mistake that it doesn't, I think..

http://sorato-ai.deviantart.com/journal/Sorato-Evidence-amp-Moments-240758068

http://jippy-kandi.tumblr.com/post/51900665766/digimon-creator-speaks-about-sorato-and-taiora

YamatoxSora was never a surprise, if you watched the show..

This is also worth reading:

http://jippy-kandi.tumblr.com/post/62261497029/analysis-on-sorato-taiora-digimon-creators-writers

And if you still don't get it after all that ( which would be a little weird at this point xD)
Here are some parallels pointed out in their respective stories:
http://jippy-kandi.tumblr.com/post/70849581215/digimon-sorato-foreshadowing-evidence-sora-matt

I've posted my answer to most of the evidence you've provided in another thread, so I'll simply say this. Most of the evidence is open to interpretation. (Some really should be thrown out.) One of the articles doesn't give correct credit in regards to who the creator of Digimon is, and also provides evidence of the problems existing among the staff when they worked on season two. Being the director/producer does not make you the creator - these kinds of things are group projects.

This isn't to say there isn't evidence of said pairing in the series. If it is possible for people to have multiple interpretations of a piece of evidence then said piece is not good evidence unless one is arguing for ones personal interpretation of the series.
Mar 13, 2015 3:52 PM

May 2013
Yemi_Hikari said:

I've posted my answer to most of the evidence you've provided in another thread, so I'll simply say this. Being the director/producer does not make you the creator - these kinds of things are group projects.

Yes, and it's pretty clear that the writers that did the Yamato, Sora, and Takeru episodes were the same writers for each episode. They were given the characters to write for. They also were the ones who gave any evidence of Sorato.

Yemi_Hikari said:

This isn't to say there isn't evidence of said pairing in the series. If it is possible for people to have multiple interpretations of a piece of evidence then said piece is not good evidence unless one is arguing for ones personal interpretation of the series.

No that's not true, because it's always possible for people to have different interpretations of almost anything, no matter how confusing it may seem for them to do so.
I get what you're saying, and the dA one certainly fits that and you're 100% correct there.

Here's what we know as fact:
Kakudou said Sorato was planned from the start, and he was the series director.
I think he'd know something like that.
The 02 epilogue was planned for 01 instead.
Certain writers were assigned to write for certain characters.

And what we can presume pretty easily from this just by looking at the credits:
The writers for Sora, Yamato, and Takeru were the same people, and they wrote the Sorato bits.

Make of that what you will, but I've already proven my original point and more, which is this:
Sorato did NOT appear out of nowhere.
And that's a fact.
Which is all that I'm saying here with my posts.
Brave Heart~

Dislikes politics.
Mar 15, 2015 8:23 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008

Mar 15, 2015 10:35 AM
Jun 2008
TaichiYamato said:
The 02 epilogue was planned for 01 instead.

Epilogue two makes even less sense for season one though.

TaichiYamamoto said:
Sorato did NOT appear out of nowhere.
And that's a fact.
Which is all that I'm saying here with my posts.

I keep telling you authorial intent doesn't count as proof, and yet that's all you've brought to the table. Appearing out of nowhere does not mean "the writers intended it", it means one can look at the work with a critical eye without knowing authorial intent and be able to tell what the authorial intent was.

Even if you could count authorial intent as evidence there is the fact authorial intent in this case is iffy. You have a director who admits he's willing to throw out the movie canon just because he didn't work on it and it doesn't agree with his headcanon despite the fact he's not the copyright holder/owner of the franchise.

You have the director and producer keeping it a secret what pairing they plan on doing at the end. That's not done because they're attempting to prevent their staff from working in romantic aspects of the show - not when we have Davis crushing on Kari which is obviously a romantic aspect. Plus - the staff are adults and professionals. The only real reason I can think of for keeping the pairing secret is because they knew it wouldn't go over well with the rest of the staff and wanted to sneak it in.
Mar 15, 2015 1:32 PM

Dec 2014
Even if Sorato WAS really intended from the beginning, even if adventure 1 was supposed to have that same ending of 02, why wasting screen time developing deeply two characters first steps in a relationship if that's not what the show was about? Even if they had the pairing in mind then. Until the ending we are supposed to believe A LOT happened. Anyone could pretty much have ended up with anyone. There is nothing there for us to argue against. They showed NOTHING.

To me honestly there is no evidence at all. I've read about it and I just can't see the arguments as evidence for a romantic relationship. But you know what, I don't really care their reasons for Sorato, or if it was hidden from the staff or whatever. I don't care if they were planning it from the beginning, if they put it there just to shock the viewers or the majority of Taiora shippers.

But well. It's there. It already happened. It's canon.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you like the character design in Tri? ( 1 2 3 )

cro3 - Feb 20, 2015

106 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 28, 2023 12:48 AM

» Why does everyone hate the 02 characters?

12ylie - May 12, 2015

22 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure tri. Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

343 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:30 PM

» Can I watch this without watching any of the previous Digimons ?

reyqq - Sep 15, 2021

9 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:30 PM

» Plot holes in 02?

cro3 - Mar 16, 2015

29 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.