Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2014 11:51 AM

Apr 2010
What? He really did... die. I didn't expect this tbh. O.e
Dec 7, 2014 11:54 AM

Aug 2013
they should change the anime title to Akame ga Live
since everyone except akame is ded..
Dec 7, 2014 11:54 AM
Nov 2009
My least favorite episode of AGK. I actually hate this episode. Everything just seem out of place and rushed for no reason. I found this shit to be so bad that I was laughing hard when the emperor was just ramdomly shooting Ki-blasts all over the city.

I knew Akame was going to be the one to kill Esdeath but the way the preview was shown made it very cheesy.

Oh well rip in peace Tatsumi.
Dec 7, 2014 11:59 AM
Jun 2014
i haven't watched the anime since maybe episode 8 just because i got bored of knowing what was going to happen having read the manga. Decided to watch the episode after hearing the buzz about the latest episodes, pleasantly surprised 5/5 and probably will watch the previous episodes.
Dec 7, 2014 11:59 AM
May 2014
At least so far Run and

got a better ending in the anime. Run's fight with Leone, if any, was horrid, though. I thought Wave was gonna die there.

That blood, Tatsumi. He's became batman, and at the same time the Peter Parker of anime, lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYOYewO_Veg

That's not the evolved Incursio I was hoping for. 3.5/5 - still not too bad in relative to other animes in general, but they surely broke the spirit of the manga.
Dec 7, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2010
nameskizo said:
My least favorite episode of AGK. I actually hate this episode. Everything just seem out of place and rushed for no reason. I found this shit to be so bad that I was laughing hard when the emperor was just ramdomly shooting Ki-blasts all over the city.

I knew Akame was going to be the one to kill Esdeath but the way the preview was shown made it very cheesy.

Oh well rip in peace Tatsumi.

I actually enjoyed this episode for all the wrong reasons because it was so over-the-top, full of shounen dialogue and pulled a gurren laggan moment so tatsumi could digivolve. I was laughing the whole time for the latter half of the episode. it felt extremely campy.
Dec 7, 2014 12:01 PM
Apr 2014
Manga readers pls stop. Your excuses are: "not like the manga", "asspulls", "rushed", "not like the manga", "Tatsumi and Mine died", "not like the manga", and "not like the manga". WHEN the manga ends, you're all going to call it amazing no matter what it is...great to know you're hating on the anime even though they're both productions (anime and manga) that were started by the same guy, so you're not doing anyone good by hating on one and not the other. xD
Dec 7, 2014 12:02 PM
Jul 2014
Just so you guys know, the anime isn't as intense as the manga. The manga has rape, torture, etc. The anime just follows the regular shonen formula, the formula that has a (somewhat) happy ending and nothing extreme like you see in the manga. The ending might have been made in order to boost ratings, at least that's what I think.
izumisempaiDec 7, 2014 12:08 PM

Sep 2012
But...but...I thought the episode was good. :-(
It felt quick but I enjoyed watching it! Maybe it's because I don't read manga and I get the manga updates from a roommate of mine. Just got to lay back, relax, and go in looking to enjoy an episode.

On a quick note, I loved the fighting artwork. I'm always a big fan of the pencil sketch-esque scenes.

Feb 2013
That First Minister was fucking pathetic holy shit
Dec 7, 2014 12:05 PM

Nov 2012
Only complain I have is that Tatsumi x Esdeath ship has sunk.....
Dec 7, 2014 12:05 PM
Apr 2014
louisd895 said:
It felt quick but I enjoyed watching it! Maybe it's because I don't read manga and I get the manga updates from a roommate of mine. Just got to lay back, relax, and go in looking to enjoy an episode.

On a quick note, I loved the fighting artwork. I'm always a big fan of the pencil sketch-esque scenes.

Don't take the haters seriously, they're just mad it's not like the manga. No other reason for their hate....they will just make something on the spot if you ask them for an exact reason, or they will say "Tatsumi and Mine died". Thing is, in the manga about 5 night raid members died and no manga reader complained...
Dec 7, 2014 12:07 PM

Dec 2013
As much as I've liked this show as someone who hasn't read the manga, this episode was pretty bad. It just felt way too contrived and left out too many things. Why was Esdeath taking her time on the sidelines? What was the point of building up Ran's close-combat skills if it never showed them? Why did no one kill the minister while he was busy screaming and not moving? Why did the people who saw the giant teigu falling not, y'know, run or anything? Way too many questions...

dunsparcedude said:
Next episode:

Akame will wake up
it was all a dream
she will run to school with toast in her mouth
run into Tatsumi
school rom-com ensues

Lol I would not be upset with this.
Dec 7, 2014 12:07 PM

Sep 2012
Along with Grisaia, I guess we can call this day of the week Trainwreck Sunday.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Dec 7, 2014 12:09 PM
May 2014
bastek66 said:
Anime will end as one of visions of that priest guy

Motherfucking priest knew about the giant robot all along XD
Dec 7, 2014 12:10 PM

Nov 2013

Just wow... literally every member of the cast and the relationship they shared is pretty much forgotten after they're bumped off.

If there's ever a poll declaring the top 10 worst anime of 2014 this shit is getting my vote for the top 3 at least. I've slowly turned into a cabbage keeping up with this on a weekly basis.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 7, 2014 12:11 PM

May 2009
Doomcalibar12 said:
Manga readers pls stop. Your excuses are: "not like the manga", "asspulls", "rushed", "not like the manga", "Tatsumi and Mine died", "not like the manga", and "not like the manga". WHEN the manga ends, you're all going to call it amazing no matter what it is...great to know you're hating on the anime even though they're both productions (anime and manga) that were started by the same guy, so you're not doing anyone good by hating on one and not the other. xD

Animeonly pls stop. Your excuses are: "I love eating shit", "please enjoy shit like I do", "I love smelly dung every morning".
jose21 said:

It never sailed, delusional pls go.
Dec 7, 2014 12:12 PM

Jul 2010
Doomcalibar12 said:

as someone who has read the manga, this anime original didnt upset me, just slightly dissapoint and im pretty sure i would've felt the same way about this ending even if I didnt read the comic.

you can tell by the pacing and the out of place events that something isnt isnt right. ive watched alot of animes adaptations without reading the source material that had gecko endings and I could tell when the story has clearly degraded.
Dec 7, 2014 12:12 PM
May 2014
Doomcalibar12 said:

Wuh? Those are not even excuses, those are reasons. I don't know about other manga readers, but I personally don't frankly care about "not like manga". The problem is that it is worse than the manga. I don't think it matters who messed it up (WhiteFox, or the mangaka's influence itself), fact remains that the manga did it better than the anime did. As I said, I found the anime enjoyable and is still okay relative to many other animes, but it is simply, again, worse than the original material. To put it the other way, it is not really AgK anymore.

I guess worse or better are just my opinions, but no one can really deny the asspulls (Mine's and Budo's deaths are the very definition of asspulls). "Rushed" is out of question, it's something I bet the studio itself would admit.
Dec 7, 2014 12:14 PM

Oct 2014
I do enjoy the OST for the anime but that's it for me.
Dec 7, 2014 12:16 PM

Oct 2014
Episode 24 spoiler

Dec 7, 2014 12:16 PM

Feb 2013

I F***ING LOVED THIS EPISODE In a different kinda way though

-The Scenes in the Episodes ranged from annoyingly cringeworthy to Unintentionally Hilarious..........And I enjoyed every minute of It (The Minutes I did'nt skip,that is)

Wait,Wait,Wait......

^So The Mech.......Has A Mustache???!!!......Coulda Sworn I've seen something like that Before

^Looks like Tatsumi Just Became A Shenron

Darklight0303 said:
The same reason people don't look away from a car/train crash

They're Sadists who enjoy watching People's suffering?????

Darkdrone said:
Apparently in this episode you can have conversations from this distance.

Are you Surprised............Power Rangers have always used Communicators

Meh......Next episode will probably just be A Catfight to see who Can Wank off to Tatsumi Harder
Dec 7, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2012
at least tatsumi no longer a vrigin in manga
poor anime tatsumi
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 7, 2014 12:18 PM

Aug 2013
Doomcalibar12 said:
louisd895 said:

Don't take the haters seriously, they're just mad it's not like the manga. No other reason for their hate...

This episode is objectively bad. Nonsense from start to the end.
Dec 7, 2014 12:20 PM
Sep 2012
I love how so many people hate how it's not a true adaptation to the manga in the second half of the anime. You have to respect the choices the mangaka, director, writers, etc. made. I'm sure they didn't want to have an anime original plot and ending, but they decided to go with it anyway maybe due to the source content not having a place to stop for the anime.
The second-half should be "what-if" kind of thing so you shouldn't start comparing it to the manga. Oh well, I'll just enjoy what I watch and read since there's so much hate over the last couple of episodes. All the hate is nice to read. lol I'll just gladly see how this series will end for both the anime and manga.
Dec 7, 2014 12:21 PM

May 2010
always good to find out the episode you just watched didnt follow the manga. i love when this happens.just fucking great.

what pisses me off the most is that tatsumi dies and the little brat gets to live.

i actually liked this show during the summer season but this definetly is over. it aint worth shit anymore.
Apr 2014
oneroaddict said:
Doomcalibar12 said:

Wuh? Those are not even excuses, those are reasons. I don't know about other manga readers, but I personally don't frankly care about "not like manga". The problem is that it is worse than the manga. I don't think it matters who messed it up (WhiteFox, or the mangaka's influence itself), fact remains that the manga did it better than the anime did. As I said, I found the anime enjoyable and is still okay relative to many other animes, but it is simply, again, worse than the original material. To put it the other way, it is not really AgK anymore.

I guess worse or better are just my opinions, but no one can really deny the asspulls (Mine's and Budo's deaths are the very definition of asspulls). "Rushed" is out of question, it's something I bet the studio itself would admit.

The fact that you have to explain why you're not an anime fan by comparing it to the manga is enough reason for me. Had AGK been an original anime like Kill la Kill you would not have complained at all. Heck, Kill la Kill was completely messed up and people loved it because they had to manga to refer to. AGK was in no way bad, just because the manga had more content means nothing. I agree that Lubbock's death was not as good as it was in the manga but that shouldn't mean anything. Right now manga readers that are hating on the anime are influencing the whole community and ruining the whole experience. Someone who would have like the anime sees that everyone is hating on the anime and they go "well, I really liked it but I don't want to seem out of place so I'll join in on the hate"... Take the manga as it is, you're not helping the mangaka if you like one of his creations and not his other ones. :)

Sep 2008
I think that final scene from opening is spoiler for final scene of series xD

Ps. Tatsumi really died?
LittleStarDec 7, 2014 12:49 PM

Mar 2014
Brace yourselves, guys, hold your balls - Tatsumi died. Let the shitstorm begin ^_^
Dec 7, 2014 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
LittleStar said:
I think that final scene from opening is spoiler for final scene of series xD

Ps. Tatsumi is really died?
Yes tatsumi is really died
Dec 7, 2014 12:25 PM

May 2014
So as someone who hasn't read the manga, or hasn't even watched that much anime to begin with, i dont really find this series all that bad.

Now, i know i cant say that BECAUSE i havent read the manga, and i'd probably pull my hair out if i did, but i haven't read it so i wouldn't know. Most anime i watch usually ends up with the MC and his friends surviving because of some magical spell or something that had been overlooked, but this one actually shows you that sometimes you or your friends dont make it, even though you were doing the right thing. idk maybe deviating from the "MC will always live because he's good" mindset was a good idea. but whatever 1 episode left i'll just see where it goes
Dec 7, 2014 12:27 PM
Dec 2012
that's Akame ga 'watch your favourite characters die one by one' Kill for you... damn
:v
Dec 7, 2014 12:29 PM

Feb 2013
Lmfao what the actual fuck, this show is hilarious

Jul 2014
Esdeath just blankly- "Tatsumi Died"

Lmfao. Amazingly awful. It was so bad it's good for me.

Nov 2013
I said it before and i`m gonna say this again... WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS ANIME?! :))) You`re telling me that now..now even Tatsumi died?!?? Why? Why would you kill EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN` CHARACTER from the freakin` anime?(well..technically not every character but shh :D) I honestly stopped "getting the feels" from this anime since long ago...With this many death i just...this became something expected. I couldn`t care less if every one of them died now..because y`know....that`s to be expected..."

Don`t get me wrong,i don`t hate this anime. I still love it and i still think it is awesome..I love the action this anime offers,i love the fight scenes,the animation and the splendid soundtrack. Heck,i even love the characters and their bonds...BUT by showing to many deaths my enjoyment was somehow ruined... :/

I am really curious about the next episode though....i wonder what`s gonna happen? So,who`s gonna die next? :D
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Dec 7, 2014 12:30 PM
Sep 2014
Holy shit. I am simply speechless after this episode. I expected a Gundam fight, but everything else....

I did give it a 4/5 regardless since it was quite enjoyable, as long as you don't think too much and just watch the pretty colours.
Dec 7, 2014 12:31 PM
Apr 2014
bastek66 said:
Doomcalibar12 said:

Animeonly pls stop. Your excuses are: "I love eating shit", "please enjoy shit like I do", "I love smelly dung every morning".
jose21 said:

It never sailed, delusional pls go.

Lol extreme manga reader pls, you should just stop watching the anime if all you're going to do is shovel your hate down other people's throats. And hey, stop reading the manga too, the only thing you're doing is harming the mangaka. You're doing great work in the AGK community, I salute you. :)
Dec 7, 2014 12:32 PM
Sep 2014
this anime is just beyond depressing. Why did Tatsumi have to die :( he was my favorite character. Fuck episode 20+ has been flipping crazy!
Dec 7, 2014 12:37 PM
Sep 2014
Btw, I always thought Leone looked similar to Run. Maybe a new ship is going to take off?

I truly never expected Tatsumi to die, however. And did anyone notice how White Fox gave Wave a weapon for this adaptation?
Dec 7, 2014 12:38 PM

Dec 2010
Dear god this anime started off so well and quickly went downhill...but this...jesus...of course the shitty kid is alive and tatsumi is dead.

I don't know that he needed to grow wings to get there either, could have just launched but no everybody gets wings! eugh
Dec 7, 2014 12:39 PM

May 2012
FUUUUUUUU no way!!!! I want night raid in afterlife arc, aw no my fav lion nee still alive..

Dec 7, 2014 12:40 PM

Oct 2009
What have I watched? -.-'

It doesn't make any sense...
Dec 7, 2014 12:41 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty enjoyable episode. I'm very hyped to see Esdeath vs Akame :3

AbbieT3D2Y said:

Akame as a ghoul what a plot twist hehehe xD

I was thinking the same thing too!!! Lmao!!!
Dec 7, 2014 12:42 PM
Sep 2014
Was anyone else bothered by how Esdeath just sat and watched Tatsumi and Wave fight the giant mech? I really expected her to join in, lol. At the end she's like "Well Tatsumi died." like its no big deal. I know that she fights for the empire but she said like one word in the entire episode.
Dec 7, 2014 12:42 PM

Sep 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Any anime defenders left now? Oh god the trainwreck just gets worse and worse
Anime defenders? More like grown ups trying to stop babies from crying.
Dec 7, 2014 12:43 PM

Jan 2010
Rip tatsumi wtf... seems like only akame will survive -..-
Dec 7, 2014 12:46 PM
Nov 2014
Blazed88 said:
Dear god this anime started off so well and quickly went downhill...but this...jesus...of course the shitty kid is alive and tatsumi is dead.

I don't know that he needed to grow wings to get there either, could have just launched but no everybody gets wings! eugh

Every imperial arms has a trump card, it would be stupid for Tatsumi not to use his in such a dire situation. There's also still one more ep so we'll see what happens to the shitty kid.

Am I the only one who's not bothered by all the deaths? You're a friggin' small group taking on an empire; expect people to die (unlike in most shonens with their massive plot armour). It keeps me on edge at least.
Dec 7, 2014 12:47 PM
Mar 2014
no tatsumi noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo , i'm going to crie all night long whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Dec 7, 2014 12:48 PM

Oct 2014
What. The. Actuall. FUCK. Why?
Dec 7, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2008
Strangely enough, I didn't feel anything from Tatsumi dying, despite the fact that he is MC-kun (I'm just like Esdeath, lol).

I hope the Emperor dies, though. What a little dickhead. He may be a kid, but the fact that he continues to listen to corrupt ministers and have no remorse killing his own people for stopping Night Raid proves that even if the kid grows up, he'll still be a horrible ruler.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

428 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 1, 8:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.