Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2008 10:55 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
IN this episode they show the transfermation form saiyan to ape for the very first time. SO piccolo blew up the moon so that when the 2 saiyans come they wont be able to transform. Thats about all that hapened in episode 8, oh yea i almost forgot, Roshi told Chichi that Goku died and that Piccolo took Gohan.

So what is your thoughts on this episode?
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:36 AM
Dec 27, 2008 7:31 AM

Dec 2008
pore Kuririn.... i though that Chi Chi will kill him if he told her the trouth... but in the end she still found out... eh...
and it was interesting to know some of the fighter power in number ^-^
"way, fool moon!!" lol, it was lucky that he didnt see a fool moon before ^-^
Oct 16, 2011 11:02 PM

Apr 2010
First time Gohan transforms into the Giant Ape thing. LOL @ Piccolo destroying the moon. xD

Nov 15, 2013 12:30 PM

May 2012
The moon has been destroyed once more and Piccolo being totally friendly providing Gohan clothes and a sword! Also ChiChi's reaction on Goku's death... pretty awesome developing so elts see what's next!
Dec 6, 2013 7:58 PM

Jun 2009
And...the moon is blown up for the second time.

Yokurama said:
IN this episode they show the transfermation form saiyan to ape for the very first time.

Definitely not the first time. If you mean in DBZ, then yes but not in the Dragon Ball franchise as a whole.
Nov 28, 2015 5:20 AM

Apr 2014
Chi-Chi finds out that Son Gohan trains with Piccolo and that Son Goku is dead. Such bad news for Chi-Chi. In Son Gohan's survival training, Son Gohan sees the full moon for the first time in his life and he transforms into a Great Ape like his father in earlier days. Piccolo destroys the moon and rips Son Gohan's tail off to prevent these transformations.
Jan 3, 2016 7:13 AM

Dec 2015
Chi Chi was pissed!

Giant Ape Gohan. Awesome!

Goku...you're almost there...keep going...
Jan 14, 2016 10:58 AM

Aug 2013
When in doubt destroy the moon.
Apr 24, 2018 4:21 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
How many times will the moon be destroyed in this anime Oo

Mar 11, 2020 10:16 PM
Jan 2020
not sure if this were intentional but when chi chi is driving through a desert it looks like the same one where goku met yamucha. if it is intentional, nice touch.
love how the turtle is weaker than gohan by a large margin (normal gohan)
the gyumao is way bigger than he probably should be, seems about as large as kame house in some shots.
it's interesting that gohan goes big ape first time the same way goku does: he was urinating one day then accidentally takes a look at the moon.
god it sucks to be the moon in dragon ball, it just constantly gets destroyed because of the saiyans' existence
Jul 3, 2020 1:06 AM
Jul 2018
And thus, the moon gets destroyed, yet again. I just like how Piccolo annihilated the moon in a whim as if its an everyday occurrence. Still, I don't fault him for doing it. There is a huge power difference between the Saiyans and the gang. Every advantage, no matter little or insignificant it seems, counts.

So Krillin holds more power than Master Roshi. Not surprising, I guess this another legitimate proof that the student surpassed the master a very long time ago. And it was nice seeing the ever so unwilling Yajirobe again. He is quite an entertaining character.
removed-userJul 3, 2020 1:55 AM
Sep 26, 2020 4:51 PM
May 2019
This alien technology seems fascinating - I wonder how much their power level will go up after training in the other world. Was interesting to see Yajirobe again. He's quite the character. Still no sight of Tien though, I miss that guy. Piccolo both destroyed the moon and removed Gohan's tail. Well, I certainly know who is going to be angry at this.
Feb 23, 2021 10:43 AM

Oct 2020
It was an interesting episode. Good to see Yajirobe again. And this time he will train and fight too. This is good that everyone will train and fight. I wish Master Roushi could have train and fight too. Looks like he is getting weak as the days are passing.

Finally Chi Chi got the news. That was too much for her. But Good thing is Piccolo is taking care of Gohan well. Like father like son, the moon got destroyed. His knew clothes are also cool and I like that Piccolo put his symbol instead of Kame. It will mean a lot for him in future.

I wonder where is Launch gone?
Mar 24, 9:10 PM

Jun 2020
Poor Chichi finally found out the news and in the worst way possible lmao

It’s been a while since we’ve seen an ape transformation. Even Piccolo was scared about it. I’m surprised that Piccolo had the power to just manifest clothes out of thin air.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 122 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Oct 11, 2010

27 by GeoRush »»
Yesterday, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
Apr 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Apr 24, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.