Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2008 3:46 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode 7 was pretty cool, Gohan starts his training. Goku almost falls off of snake way lol. Thats about all that happened.

What do you guys think about this episode?
LunaDec 6, 2013 4:35 AM
Dec 27, 2008 7:26 AM

Dec 2008
Gohan started his training... pore thing >.<
but its an interesting training "stay alive..." hm...
but Gohan is soooo cute when he is soo helples ^-^
but no mater how i look at Picolo, when he takes care of Gohan he looks cute ^-^
Oct 16, 2011 10:57 PM

Apr 2010
If I was Krillin, I'd be nervous about telling Chi chi too. :/

Nov 15, 2013 12:17 PM

May 2012
Why doesn't Kuririn just doesn't tell the truth? Either way Goku is on his way and Gohan is training, everything seems to go along well and I'm starting to like Piccolo for some reason :p

Lets see what's next!
Dec 6, 2013 7:36 PM

Jun 2009
Gohan is so useless...Krillin is completely helpless.
Jan 3, 2016 6:47 AM

Dec 2015
I was talking a few episodes ago about Gohan being whiny and annoying. Maybe soon he will get out of that!

Goku almost went to hell! Watch out!
Jan 13, 2016 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
On the one hand I wanna call Gohan a whiney bitch but then I remember he's like four and suddenly I'm impressed at how well he's dealing with things.
Feb 3, 2017 1:02 AM
Mar 2015
linkjoker said:
On the one hand I wanna call Gohan a whiney bitch but then I remember he's like four and suddenly I'm impressed at how well he's dealing with things.

I have to keep telling myself. It is hard because I just watched Dragon Ball and Goku was scaled the same as Gohan but actually quite older.
Apr 24, 2018 4:20 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I know I should feel bad for Gohan but I cant he is just to whiny

Mar 11, 2020 9:41 PM
Jan 2020
really great way to develop gohan. expecting some harsh yet heartfelt moments in gohan's training.
kami's death approaching adds a new layer of tension to the entire thing, but i feel like this isn't going to amount to much since what is dragon ball z without the dragon balls?

theres the famous running from a dinosaur part of the opening.
imagine if king kai's training is just overcoming the long serpent path similar to korin's training. i know they probably won't since that'd be a bit underwhelming but...

i like how piccolo is developing to become more of a good person.
Jul 2, 2020 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
Piccolo sure has his work cut out for him. Gohan's meek character will take quite a while before it completely vanishes, considering the doting nature of his mother, Chi-chi. Well, while extreme Piccolo's methods may seem to be, it is a much-needed learning experience for Gohan. I like how Piccolo showed a little sympathy for Gohan by sending two riped apples in his way. Piccolo really is starting to change. This is an interesting turn of events.

I feel for Krillin. His hesitance is certainly understandable. Trying to tell your best friend's wife that her husband is dead and her son got kidnapped is no walk in the park.

Sep 26, 2020 4:23 PM
May 2019
Kuririn stuttered quite a lot hahaha. Well, I guess that would only be natural in such a situation. Piccolo has some interesting methods of teaching Gohan. Albeit, I'd say these are essential for him to fully grow and show his potential. Goku had to go through pretty harsh training as well, and we can see the result of it now.
Feb 23, 2021 10:14 AM

Oct 2020
That is good. They didn't jumped further. It should be a bit slow going. Enjoyed it.

Good to see Piccolo training Gohan. It was a bit weird though. I don't understood the meaning of this training but there must be something for being this harsh at the begining. Gohan is just scared of everything. Chi Chi spoiled him. She should haven't make him this weak minded.

However Goku almost saved that jump. I knew this was a terrible idea. He shouldn't have done this. Goku should be more careful and play safe. I hope he makes it. But that's weird that Goku is hungry. How can spirits have hunger?

Poor Krillian was unable to say the truth. But he better have. Though this is very tough to make them understand I think too.
Jan 13, 7:46 AM

Dec 2018
I really like the snake way segment in DBZ

Lol going from being overprotected and cuddled to harsh reality and trained by fucking Piccolo. Poor Gohan. But it is true, become stronger or die. Survive or perish, life is not fair so stop crying

Yuri-CrusaderJan 13, 10:13 AM
Mar 23, 8:55 PM

Jun 2020
Chi-Chi DESTROYED that awkward dinner I guess she took up Goku’s eating habits. It is nice to see Gohan make a tiny effort to survive honestly it lets me tolerate his crying scenes a bit more

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 122 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Oct 11, 2010

27 by GeoRush »»
Yesterday, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
Apr 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Apr 24, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.