Forum Settings
Forums

Has an anime ever mad you so angry you couldn't continue watching it?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 12, 2014 5:33 PM

Apr 2012
MagwitchOo said:
Accel World

Only one I don't like is the protag. It was funny and amusing for the first episode but when he starts crying his eyes out cause some one beat him ONCE in his "game" it just went from funny to stupid AND he has these girls going after him? Ridiculous. Atleast on those Harem Animes the protag looks normal/good enough to do the Harem some justice. But this guy here is just.... a pig (literally), For some reason the producers thought it was a good idea to make his ingame character a pig.

He’s 3 feet tall, morbidly obese, and has a propensity to cry more than your 3-year-old nephew. His character design was too exaggerated; you can still be a loser while having the right body proportions you know?

maybe the author tried to tell "u can still be small, fat and a loser, but u can find someone who sees your inner value" .. maybe .. maybe u dont got it.. maybe u should work on your personality ;D

but yeh the MC was rly annoying and this Fartface villain in the middle of the series on his school.. god hated him...but i liked the other characters.
NiQue_Nov 12, 2014 5:40 PM
Nov 12, 2014 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
mayukachan said:

This. I also play soccer (competitively when I was younger, not now) but stuff like Area no Kishi, Ginga e Kickoff and Whistle! never bugged me if they went a bit unrealistic. And a better example is music which I'm actually very seriously into. La Corda D'Oro's unrealistic performances and whatnot didn't bug me that much. Uta no Prince-sama was very enjoyable even if the main character learned how to read music in a day. Okay, not gonna lie, it bugged me just a bit.

Nice, you seem pretty cool !
I can understand your musical exemple too (I stopped playing soccer when I started music actually), even if I haven't seen neither La Corda D'Oro nor Uta no Prince-sama (I don't think I'm the target audience lol).
And yeah, learning how to read music in a day is way over the top, lmao.

mayukachan said:
Point is, why watch it solely to see how realistic it is?

Well, I guess everyone watches sports anime a bit differently. Some watch it with a closed mind which is okay, but that's not really a valid reason for a show to be bad. But if we're talking about Prince of Tennis, then unrealism can actually ruin it.

I think this is because they have so much respect for their passions, that they have a feeling of disrespect when an anime (or anything else) has some "fanciful" elements.
However, I agree with you, I don't think this is a flaw by default.

And lol, yup, Prince of Tennis is so ridiculous, but at least, it's laughable.
Inazuma Eleven is the same kind of show though : laughable.

phreeak said:

maybe the author tried to tell "u can still be small, fat and a loser, but u can find someone who sees your inner value" .. maybe .. maybe u dont got it.. maybe u should work on your personality ;D

Yeah, in a nutshell : This Loser Is You
Nov 12, 2014 6:57 PM

Feb 2013

KnB=Kame Hame Ha
The One with Soccer=Rasengan
The One With Tennis=Realeasing Zanpakuto/Going Bankai
Nov 12, 2014 6:59 PM

Jun 2014
I think Slam Dunk and Hajime no Ippo are much better examples of decent sports anime than KnB imo
Nov 12, 2014 7:07 PM
Jul 2018
Qans said:
I think Slam Dunk and Hajime no Ippo are much better examples of decent sports anime than KnB imo

Well, I haven't seen neither of them (yet)... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
But I still really think KnB is great.
Nov 12, 2014 7:41 PM

Jun 2012
I don't really get visibly angry, though I've hated characters enough to drop anime a couple times. Best example would be Oreshura, Masuzu is a huge bitch. Would be ok if she was the villain we're all meant to despise, but presenting that type of character as a protagonist we're supposed to sympathize with in unforgivable. Happens all the time, and it works too.
hydroNov 12, 2014 7:48 PM
Nov 12, 2014 8:04 PM

Mar 2013
I have only dropped a couple of series but none of them annoyed me.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Nov 12, 2014 11:14 PM

Nov 2011
Freezing
Hate Keeps me warm
Nov 12, 2014 11:15 PM

Oct 2013
No, if something is shit I drop it
Nov 13, 2014 3:39 AM

Apr 2014
Gr33ncar said:
Freezing
Is quite a good.. <.<
Nov 13, 2014 3:42 AM

Apr 2013
Gr33ncar said:
Freezing

Why were you angry at Freezing?

OT: Nope, I try not to drop anything.
Nov 14, 2014 11:33 PM

Jul 2014
phreeak said:
MagwitchOo said:
Accel World

Only one I don't like is the protag. It was funny and amusing for the first episode but when he starts crying his eyes out cause some one beat him ONCE in his "game" it just went from funny to stupid AND he has these girls going after him? Ridiculous. Atleast on those Harem Animes the protag looks normal/good enough to do the Harem some justice. But this guy here is just.... a pig (literally), For some reason the producers thought it was a good idea to make his ingame character a pig.

He’s 3 feet tall, morbidly obese, and has a propensity to cry more than your 3-year-old nephew. His character design was too exaggerated; you can still be a loser while having the right body proportions you know?

but yeh the MC was rly annoying and this Fartface villain in the middle of the series on his school.. god hated him...but i liked the other characters.

I was ready to tolerate it but when i heard someone say that it is like Sword art online where the first part is better than the second, i couldn't stand it anymore.

There were a couple of anime shows that got me bored to tears, but they didn't get me as mad as this one did, it is the only anime that i dropped so far.
MagwitchOoNov 14, 2014 11:58 PM
Nov 15, 2014 12:55 AM

Oct 2013
Oreimo.

Almost Valkyria Chronicles.
Nov 15, 2014 4:01 AM

Apr 2014
I just notice the spelling mistake in the title xD
Nov 15, 2014 4:43 AM

Aug 2014
Strawberry panic was too stupid. FLCL didn't make any sense.
Nov 15, 2014 4:44 PM

Aug 2014
Rinth said:
Oreimo.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 minutes ago

0 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
3 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

33 by DigiCat »»
4 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

54 by _lordcanti »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 7 hours ago

15 by MechKingKillbot »»
9 minutes ago

» What would you choose: Good voice acting with bad translations or Bad voice acting with good translations?

funtime43_tr - 2 hours ago

8 by tchitchouan »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.