Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Favorite summoning method!!!
Nov 3, 2014 1:37 AM

Mar 2012
For duelist like myself I still prefer Synchro than any other summoning method but nowdays it is hard to not include at least XYZ card like Number 101: Silent Honor Arc or Number 11: Big Eye. Aside for another summoning method the one I'm haven't been try is Pendulum due to it mostly OCG.

Oh yeah for those who don't know you can duel other duelist here. My name is NewAnkara there.
NeoAnkaraNov 3, 2014 1:44 AM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 3, 2014 3:12 PM

Dec 2010
Rituals forever. Gishki is my favorite archetype and Divine Grace Northwemko is my favorite card :p
Nov 3, 2014 3:14 PM

Apr 2011
Whoever invented Synchro and XYZ should hang himself, this game was better and more seriously when the worse thing you could summon was black luster solider - envoy of the beginning.
Nov 3, 2014 6:27 PM

Mar 2012
Valaskjalf said:
Whoever invented Synchro and XYZ should hang himself, this game was better and more seriously when the worse thing you could summon was black luster solider - envoy of the beginning.
Nah the worse in the past(GX era) is Five Headed Dragon summoned byFuture Fusion then Dragon Mirror because card that can counter Five Headed Dragon is still rare.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 4, 2014 2:06 AM

Nov 2011
Synchro.

Also, I kinda skipped Zexal but seeing some of the dark duelists using XYZ also made me curious.
Nov 4, 2014 2:48 PM

Oct 2014
For me it's either fusions or synchro.
Stark700 said:
Synchro.

Also, I kinda skipped Zexal but seeing some of the dark duelists using XYZ also made me curious.

IMHO XYZ summoning is fun and easy, however the effects of some XYZ monsters are VERY broken.

Also since you skipped Zexal, you missed alot of massive BS the final arc showed.
DaWarudoNov 4, 2014 2:51 PM
Nov 4, 2014 2:57 PM

Jun 2012
I think i prefer plain old tribute summon lmao. I do love fusions though, back when i was playing E heroes, dayum i loved those cards.

Synchros i don't really mind, XYZ are soso, but pendulum summoning just makes me want kill myself xD

I don't play anymore so it doesn't really bother me, but you know. I play magic now, well, did, haven't played in weeks xD

I think before i quit, i was about to build a hopeless dragon deck, back when DAD didn't have the super version out. I think anyway, can't remember very well, long time ago now xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Nov 11, 2014 6:27 PM

Jun 2014
Rituals and Synchros.
Gishkis 4 life.
Nov 12, 2014 11:51 PM

May 2014
In general, I choose fusion. But I like fusioning old cards and not cards like shadolls. Too bad you have to play synchro/xyz to win these days lol.
Nov 13, 2014 4:23 AM

May 2012
Hmm....tough to say. Each have their own unique thing about it. But I hardly play much...still, overall I say Synchro. I just somehow find it pretty cool and straightforward enough xD XYZ and Pendulum seem to feel out of place in a game sometimes. "Number" cards from XYZ can be OP'd sometimes if you don't wipe out their effects, as they insist to be on the field even after destruction except being slain by another "Number" card. Normal XYZ monsters cannot slay those cards. So in a real life game can be a pain, lol. But it seems they changed that for real life duels, haha. Pendulum....speechless xD It felt like those cards came from another card game or something...unless those cards were proven great later on in the anime though in real life I think they'll be downgraded.
Ritual and Fusion are great too. Felt nostalgia about them.
chaosflame5Nov 13, 2014 4:29 AM

Nov 13, 2014 7:08 AM

Jun 2011
Fusion is my fav. Loved GX and the Goat Control format before Konami killed it with the banlist.

I do like Pendulums so far. . .but they haven't really made a Pendulum deck I actually want to play.
Nov 16, 2014 12:56 AM

Nov 2011
Started testing out Pendulum recently and welp, it's ridiculous when used with a deck like Qliphort.
Nov 16, 2014 5:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Fusion will forever be my favorite (Shoutout to GX)
Nov 16, 2014 5:51 AM

Mar 2010
My nostalgia says Fusion but I kinda like the ease of Synchro (probably because I played the NDS 5D's YuGiOhs so much)
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Nov 16, 2014 5:56 AM

Nov 2012
xyz summon have best summon animation, dem galaxy.
but i like synchro more
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 17, 2014 6:34 AM

Mar 2013
Synchro. Excellent with the Yang Zing archetype!
Nov 17, 2014 6:23 PM

May 2008
NeoAnkara said:

Oh yeah for those who don't know you can duel other duelist here. My name is NewAnkara there.

DN is Suck... Devpro/YgoPro is better...

ANd my all time favorite is fusion.. But i still can use every summoning style...
Nov 18, 2014 2:34 AM
Dec 2008
I prefer XYZ summoning but maybe I prefer liking having monster cards having black backgrounds because it's cooler. It's also easy to perform, all you need is to bring out to level 4 monsters to Rank 4 summon and then overlay to trigger their effects.

The release of XYZ rebellion dragon made me love XYZ summoning even more, who wouldn't want to summon a huge black dragon of darkness that absorbs the souls of its enemies?
Nov 18, 2014 8:20 AM

Sep 2013
Ritual summoning, because extra deck summoning is way too mainstream
Nov 18, 2014 1:13 PM

Jul 2010
Fusion Summon which was my old deck.
Dec 1, 2014 9:30 AM

Dec 2012
xyz summon
after watched episode Sora vs Shun and rewatched Zexal latest episode
i realised how fun xyz and how terrible if you notice the true potential xyz evolution
you can speed up rank or speed down or even switch rank monsters with easy
as someone mentioned before me Hope deck is good demonstration
i am waiting more for more expendation archetype for xyz especially RUM monsters also the second tier is synchro summon for the speed summon too and the fun of challenge to make limit over accel synchro( Quassar Dragon) the rest tribute and tier are tier for me,for pendulum i am not adjusted yet
OmniswordJan 12, 2015 6:07 AM
Jan 9, 2015 1:03 PM

Mar 2014
For now I'm getting used with Pendulum, but theres lack of cards of this type, so that long XYZ is my main one now. Easy to use, effects can be destructive, overally simple and best of it - most of decks can use it.
Btw, as YGO is going on, Fusion (Polymeryzation) summons are being more and more worthless.
MtaxJan 9, 2015 1:10 PM
Jan 10, 2015 4:45 AM

Mar 2012
Mtax said:
For now I'm getting used with Pendulum, but theres lack of cards of this type, so that long XYZ is my main one now. Easy to use, effects can be destructive, overally simple and best of it - most of decks can use it.
Btw, as YGO is going on, Fusion (Polymeryzation) summons are being more and more worthless.
That's not true. There is Shaddol and Fluffal/Frightfur. There is also Melodius in anime and new support for Gem-Knight.

There is also other way of fusion like XYZ banishing fusion method for Ritual Beast and Mask Change for Masked Hero.
Jan 11, 2015 8:57 AM
Aug 2014
I still like the Fusion methods the most. I really like dueling with my E-HERO deck. (I generally like Super Heroes :P ). There's just so much versatility for a Fusion deck and the art work is awesome.

After that, I would say Ritual would be my second favorite. It's not used much, but more Ritual archetypes are starting to appear. I am really wanting to get a Nekroz deck at some point.
Jan 12, 2015 10:53 AM

Mar 2014
NeoAnkara said:
That's not true. There is Shaddol and Fluffal/Frightfur. There is also Melodius in anime and new support for Gem-Knight.

There is also other way of fusion like XYZ banishing fusion method for Ritual Beast and Mask Change for Masked Hero.

Sure, some fusions are still not bad, but comparing to XYZ or Synchros, there's not a lot to say, as for me. Now ya can eaisly mix XYZ and Synchros with Pendulum to spam a lot of powerful monsters without big effort if only they're in hand and they not have to be effect ones for special summons in Pendulum case (Heart of underdog goes here). For Polymeryzation/Fusion gate fusions I'm talking about situation isn't so easy, they're not THAT spammable unless whole deck is perculiary focused on it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
MtaxJan 12, 2015 10:58 AM
Jan 14, 2015 7:45 AM
Apr 2013
I like syncro alot. I would enjoy fusion more if there was more variety because most of them are from back in the day when cards sucked. The rest are a ton of HERO cards and then a few decent ones.
Jan 14, 2015 10:54 AM

Nov 2014
Xyz summon! Because I prefer ranks more than levels! Xyz chants also rocks!
Mar 10, 2015 7:47 AM

Feb 2010
Loli Shoukan
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Mar 10, 2015 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
Pendulum because I play Qliphorts.

Troll attack!
Mar 14, 2015 4:54 PM

Feb 2012
Synchros. Stardust Dragon is still my personal favourite card.

I am interested in Pendulums, though. Wanted to try making a Performapal/Yuya deck, but dem Gazer restrictions though.

Hoping Creation and Destruction Magicians don't get that kind of restriction. I wanna be able to Pendulum Summon Odd-Eyes. :I

I tried making a Pendulum Caster deck on DN as well, though I'm not sure how good it'd even be.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Mar 17, 2015 2:05 AM

Mar 2014
EHero09 said:

I am interested in Pendulums, though. Wanted to try making a Performapal/Yuya deck, but dem Gazer restrictions though.

Hoping Creation and Destruction Magicians don't get that kind of restriction. I wanna be able to Pendulum Summon Odd-Eyes. :I

I tried making a Pendulum Caster deck on DN as well, though I'm not sure how good it'd even be.

Creation Magician got the same restriction. Destruction Magician don't, because his scales are already 3.
These days, the Performapal decks don't use any of the Magician because they are too inconsistent. And Odd-Eyes only serves as a searcher at best. You usually put Pendulum Wizard and either Silverclaw or Lizardraw on the scales. Another alternative is Partnaga. Most Performapals are Level 4, so you don't spam high Level Monsters in general. And Hammer Mammoth don't need to be Pendulum Summoned since it is already easy to summon it.

But since you want Pendulum Summon Odd-Eyes, it might be a pain. So you either needs the Magicians or Pendulum Shift. The good thing is that Creation Magician's restriction is not as hard as Timegazer's and you can search her with Odd-Eyes. But you can't search Destruction Magician with Odd-Eyes because he is too strong.
Mar 17, 2015 7:10 AM

Feb 2012
MajinAkuma said:
EHero09 said:

Creation Magician got the same restriction. Destruction Magician don't, because his scales are already 3.
These days, the Performapal decks don't use any of the Magician because they are too inconsistent. And Odd-Eyes only serves as a searcher at best. You usually put Pendulum Wizard and either Silverclaw or Lizardraw on the scales. Another alternative is Partnaga. Most Performapals are Level 4, so you don't spam high Level Monsters in general. And Hammer Mammoth don't need to be Pendulum Summoned since it is already easy to summon it.

But since you want Pendulum Summon Odd-Eyes, it might be a pain. So you either needs the Magicians or Pendulum Shift. The good thing is that Creation Magician's restriction is not as hard as Timegazer's and you can search her with Odd-Eyes. But you can't search Destruction Magician with Odd-Eyes because he is too strong.

Yeah, kinda sad about Creation Magician's restriction. Konami just do not want to let Performapals use good scales, do they... :/

The Performapal deck is more like a Yuya deck, which is why I included the Gazers. They're in a starter deck, so they're easy to get. OEPD, on the other hand...

Honestly, the deck I really wanna play the most is my Pendulum Caster deck. I've not tested it yet, but the Main Deck should be easy enough to get, OEPD aside. Again, the Extra Deck is gonna be difficult, DMG the Dragon Knight, Amulet Dragon, Rune-Eyes and Beast-Eyes... the latter isn't released yet, but I usually have poor luck with boosters, and not enough money to buy singles in the UK.

Anyway, if we're gonna continue this conversation, it'd probably be better to take it somewhere else. Can't derail the thread. :L

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Apr 9, 2015 3:06 PM

Jan 2009
Wow! to think that the majority agrees with me that Synchro is the best...!
I'm a bit racist when it comes to Yugioh :P I hate XYZ and Pendulums, but that's just my personal opinion.
Apr 9, 2015 9:53 PM

Sep 2008
Ahh.. This i's a really tough question. I mean, I've been playing Nordics for ages now, and they're definitely Synchro based. I love the unique effects so much. I think without Nordics, I wouldn't still be playing Yugioh at all. Slightly more competitively, I also play Blackwings... So more Synchros.

But, after watching Arc-V and making my own (OCG) Performapal Deck, I've come to really enjoy Pendulums. I like them BECAUSE they open you up to Synchro/Xyz Summons. And I just love their ability to come back each turn. Qliphorts were annoying; I didn't even try them. But Performapals are so fun.

It was a toss-up between Synchros and Pendulums, but I went for Pendulums because I figured (and was right) that it would probably have the lower amount of votes.

Maybe one day I'll be able to mix Nordics with Pendulums?
Apr 9, 2015 9:55 PM

Mar 2015
Fusions I used to play heroes when I was a kid and loved GX.
May 11, 2015 8:22 PM

Mar 2014
Valaskjalf said:

Honestly, it's not the summoning mechanic, it's the card itself. There are broken XYZ, and there are shit ones too.

Right now, Tribute Summoning is kind of a thing with Pendulum(qlis for example) , and Ritual Summoning(Nekroz), and Shaddoll(fusion) are very competitive decks.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.