Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2014 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, the princess and Akatsuki looks adorable in their Christmas outfits. Just look @ Akatsuki's reindeer horns...

Kinda interesting to see Rieze make her appearance this episode. LOOK AT THAT HAIR. The action was alright I guess considering it was brief. A bit of a slow episode though but I liked the overall atmosphere. I think I spotted Santa for a moment

Oh that's not Santa at the end there.
Oct 25, 2014 1:53 AM

Nov 2007
"Zettai Ryoueki" with Santa Clause outfit (the maid requested the outfit?) on the princess and reindeer outfit on the assassin girl. The princess is being thankful to her guarding her everyday. The sword has sold out, and she cannot take the lessons (request by the main guy?) from Shimono-san's character's guild.

The princess is not having fun? And that another megane guy is bored? So that megane assistant lady is in love with main guy? So she's jealous of assistant girl for being bright. And princess girl is jealous of the group, and try to understand them.

That guy...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 25, 2014 5:20 AM

Mar 2014
Damn, we're gonna get some really nice badass Souji-scene in the next episode, judging by the preview. I hope it'll be atleast as good as in Nishikaze no Ryodan.
“Listen, little girl. When I refer to a young woman, I mean someone who manages a student dorm and has the tolerance to give anyone advice if they want it. And there is one thing you lack as far as that’s concerned. Do you know what that is, little girl?”

There was no way she could, so she gave him a confused look and he gave the answer.

“These common breasts of yours disqualify you from providing the support of a young woman. Give up and try again later.”
-Kamijou Touma
Oct 25, 2014 5:21 AM

Jul 2007
What the heck :|

So she seriously tried to fight with 3 fishes in her hand and no armor? Also what the heck. She bleed and she didn't turned to particles? What the heck is going on.

Aside from the last 2 mins it was kinda boring episode for me. Nothing much happened besides Akatsuki going full emo. Why doesn't she talk with others to ask for help or at least ask to train with them. Obviously because she is shy and/or lacks confidence. Still I think it's silly at the very least. Kinda slow pace though I want to see what's gonna happen with the raid and all :V
Oct 25, 2014 5:21 AM
Feb 2013
Can't really say I'm enjoying the melodrama around Akatsuki so I'm glad action will pick up next episode. Was the girl at the end poisoned or something? Didn't seem like she was one-strike killed.
Oct 25, 2014 5:25 AM

Jan 2013
this show needs a slice of life tag and have all other tags removed.
Oct 25, 2014 5:31 AM

May 2013
Aww Akatsuki misses Shiroe. Now I'm wondering if the girl at the end is actually dead because there was actual blood dripping.
Oct 25, 2014 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
was that a real death? oh my god this turns out so badly.
Oct 25, 2014 5:37 AM

Aug 2010
Dat Santa Lenessia *A*

But overall a slow meh episode. Only the end had some intensity. I wonder what this guy's goal is.

Nxt up...Sou's BAness incoming >.<!! Can't wait!

And Akatsuki will finally see "Kuden"
Oct 25, 2014 5:52 AM

May 2012
call an ambulance... Soujirou in BA overflow next week wooo..
no health bar but a real red blood this gonna be serious..

Oct 25, 2014 5:59 AM
Oct 2014
A sword that can kill adventurer for real . A research of a totally new equipment . A possibility spies has infiltrated Princess Lennessia's mansion. Intense episode indeed.
Oct 25, 2014 6:05 AM

Jun 2008
Really slow episode but things start to pick up on the next.

Dark_Messiah said:

Suddenly we have a Death Gun, lol.
Oct 25, 2014 6:08 AM

May 2012
Monad said:

Dark_Messiah said:

Suddenly we have a Death Gun, lol.

^my first thought lol..

Oct 25, 2014 6:13 AM

Dec 2013
That sword looked like the one Akatsuki wanted to buy?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 25, 2014 6:29 AM
Jun 2013
Benphyre said:

it actually is, we are told the person that bought it paid in cash (not transfer) so that's making the buyer suspicious aswell as we see that guy come out of the shop before akatsuki enters it in episode 2.

First pic is from episode 2 in the shop, the other from ep 4 when he draws.

JaridanOct 25, 2014 6:34 AM
Oct 25, 2014 6:29 AM

Jul 2012
Benphyre said:

I had the same idea. I think that was a real death?
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 25, 2014 6:32 AM

Jun 2014
the sword probably froze her in place before cutting her, but that doesn't explain the blood part.

Oct 25, 2014 6:35 AM

Aug 2014
Refreshing episode more focus on Akatsuki though the end got a bit dark

Overall cannot wait for the next episode and salmon for christmas FTW!!
Oct 25, 2014 6:48 AM
Jan 2013
Oct 25, 2014 6:54 AM

Jul 2010
Those costumes ^^ I wanted Akatsuki in a hooded one though!

Akatsuki being jealous of the other girls and blaming herself for being weak :/ There was lots of love for Shiroe though!
"Even if i'm just in the background" :O She is really missing having Shiroe around!

The mysterious person stabbing the captain without triggering the royal guard!
Oct 25, 2014 6:55 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Lenessia in a Santa outfit looks great! 15 cm above the knee for justice indeed! :3

Ah, come on Akatsuki.. Stop beating yourself up. There's no point in being jealous of a middle schooler. I doubt Shiroe would prefer Minori over Akatsuki anyways.

Marie was cute, buying that present for Naotsugu. :3 . Poor Henrietta though.. I think she has the best chance of all 3 girls that have feelings for Shiroe.

At first, I thought Lenessia was being congenial for the sake of formality, but she really is humble and admires the adventurer so much, she doesn't consider herself their friends.

Vicious Santa Claus makes his first move. There goes Kyouko, trying to show off and getting stabbed in return. *Sigh..

Decent episode. Badass Soujirou incoming next week. You can't just hurt his harem and get away with it. XD

Oct 25, 2014 7:01 AM

Mar 2013
still on the preparations for the christmas event
not a lot of plot progress this time (except the ending)
but episode were ok, Akatsuki still dont know how
to express her love feelings to shiroe :(
anyway we get to see the princess and Akatsuki in Christmas outfits
which were really cute :)
Oct 25, 2014 7:03 AM

Feb 2014
Yeah, I have fish but I have no weapon, ofcourse I can win!
Oct 25, 2014 7:09 AM

Feb 2013
Wounded? In the game ? I'm confused. What. Like in the game dont they just lose hp? but there was blood? Real life death possible.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 25, 2014 7:10 AM

Mar 2014
omg she was stabbed in a safe area , and OMG REAL BLOOD :O
i dont think she is dead tho
can't wait for the next episode to see Sou in action
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2014 7:28 AM

Jun 2013
zat-bust said:
the sword probably froze her in place before cutting her, but that doesn't explain the blood part.

Perhaps an indication that the world is becoming more and more "real"?
Oct 25, 2014 7:29 AM

Nov 2012
i thought this episode would have more action but instead we get more romance stuff. well, next episode should be the real deal at least!
anyone else thought this episode had lots of derpy faces?
Oct 25, 2014 7:30 AM

Jun 2013
Aside from the ending, the episode was kinda pointless... shifted to some SAO shit :/
Oct 25, 2014 7:43 AM

Dec 2012
I think I liked the princess' previous design. She seems to be lacking in expression.
I hope that wasn't a real death at the end :/

At least we get to see some bad ass Soujirou next week!
Oct 25, 2014 7:47 AM

Jun 2013
Akatsuki misses Shiroe and that was a slow episode but the ending was good
Oct 25, 2014 7:51 AM

Dec 2011
Fuck DEEN and their animation. I can't even believe that they are being sponsored by NHK.

Besides the slow start, nice episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2014 8:04 AM

Nov 2013
xJapaliicious said:
Fuck DEEN and their animation. I can't even believe that they are being sponsored by NHK.

I agree. Such half-assed visuals.
Didn't like this episode. No Shiroe and his intellect. Akatsuki looked depressing because of her very low self-esteem which made it hard for me to watch. No story progress. Worst episode of the season so far.
Oct 25, 2014 8:42 AM

May 2012
From the preview, looks like Soujirou's gonna whup ass next episode.

Looking forward to it

Oct 25, 2014 8:46 AM

Oct 2013
HandsomeMan said:
xJapaliicious said:
I agree. Such half-assed visuals.
Agreed, this episode was especially low-quality... LH deserves a better studio! :(

Aside from the poor visuals and animations, not much going on in this episode in general, but I expected a few episodes like this from the start so it wasn't that surprising
Oct 25, 2014 8:55 AM
Oct 2012
Shaniyaz said:
Ah, come on Akatsuki.. Stop beating yourself up. There's no point in being jealous of a middle schooler. I doubt Shiroe would prefer Minori over Akatsuki anyways.

It's not jealousy, it's regret.

Remember that Akatsuki always played the "lone wolf assassin" (for some decent personal reasons), as such she never joined a guild or participated in a raid. She is regretting that decision now.

This has been building up since at least episode 3 of the first year, when she realized that Shiroe, Naotsugu, and Nyanta had all been in the same party. She has certainly noticed how easily the three of them get together, while she has always been awkward around people and this has really bothered her.

Last year it was the Griffons that served to remind her what she had lost out in not playing the game to the fullest, this season t the whole "buying a sword" scenario symbolizes this. Since she played alone she never joined a party, since she never joined a party she never went on a raid, since she never went on a raid, she didn't have the experience (both professionally and personally) that everyone else had.

Shiroe, of course being Shiroe, knows this, which is why he assigned Akatsuki to guard Leinessa - he is hoping to break her out of her shell by having her around other people. But not really understanding WHY Akatsuki is so awkward (no real fault of his), this was actually the worse thing for him to do to her.

I'm going to be curious to see people's reactions when they discover why Akatsuki is the way she is, it isn't anything huge, so I imagine that a lot of people are going to belittle her for it, but its the small things that make the deepest cuts, and if one has empathy, one should be able to really sympathize with her.
Oct 25, 2014 9:12 AM

Jan 2013
The flute OST during the Akatsuki moment when she was sad was so damn beautiful.
Oct 25, 2014 9:22 AM

Mar 2013
Goddamn that was some unfitting music they played right at the end.

Takuan_Soho said:
Shaniyaz said:

It's kind of both.
Oct 25, 2014 9:32 AM

Jul 2014
Q24 said:
Hmm... It looks a bit weak compared to this http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/4/45/Log_Horizon_Vol06_039.jpg
A bit? it looked like shit compared to it

TheNaturalPerm said:
this show needs a slice of life tag and have all other tags removed.
My thoughts on this episode

boring episode, not enough Shiroe smartass talking.
Oct 25, 2014 9:42 AM
Oct 2012
fst said:
Takuan_Soho said:
It's kind of both.

True, but not the jealousy that people are thinking (romantic). She is jealous that people can get along and understand one another (of course particularly as it relates to Shiroe, but it is also more in general) while she seems to be incapable of doing so, this is why it extends beyond Minori, and includes Nyanta and even Naotsugu.

When Akatsuki saw Minori and Shiroe together what made her jealous wasn't Minori as a threat, but rather that Minori was able to understand Shiroe's thinking far more than Akatsuki did (she even had a monologue about it) . She had a similar monologue back when they fought Demiquas and the other three were so in sync, and she knew that she couldn't do that. This bond is what makes her jealous, but even then it ties back to the general regret that she has about her life and how she played the game (which in turn goes back to what she said in the first episode).
Oct 25, 2014 9:52 AM

Nov 2012
i finished it in 5 minutes
too boring, too much most boring character akatsuki
and next episode probably boring too
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 25, 2014 9:57 AM

Mar 2013
ninjastarforcex said:

Says the guy who didn't see the ending or the next episode preview.
Oct 25, 2014 9:57 AM

Nov 2012
fst said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Says the guy who didn't see the ending or the next episode preview.

sou chan angry?
no shiroe
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 25, 2014 10:00 AM

Mar 2013
If Shiroe is the only reason for you to watch this show and everything else is automatically boring, you may as well just drop it now since he's only going to show up for like 1/3rd of it.
Oct 25, 2014 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
Akatsuki misses Shiroe. I hope the girl at the end is not dead.
Oct 25, 2014 10:45 AM

Sep 2013
Great ep. Liked all of Akatsuki's dilemma's. The character was too dull in the first season, but now seems a bit more reasonable. Im expecting a bit more backstory, that can wait though.

Damn, that blood. This episode had a diff tone from rest of the series, especially the last part. It looked too putrid to be part of Log Horizon till now..hoping they'd keep this feel throughout and consistently without arbitrarily shifting between light-hearted/heavy.

No RPG exposition this ep :( :(
- My creativity is plummeting. -
Oct 25, 2014 10:49 AM

Oct 2013
Lol it's kinda funny cuz the end was like dark but the ED started playing when she was dying
Oct 25, 2014 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
I swear to god, the ending song just comes out of nowhere and messed up the mood of the last few mins of the episode.
Akatsuki is my favorite character, but seeing her go full emo makes me wonder, why is there so much melodrama.
Kind of an interesting episode. Its ok Akatsuki, the struggle is real
Oct 25, 2014 12:18 PM

Dec 2013
what a boring episode, hiding lack of budget in multiple points

this season is so irregular ugh

1/5
Oct 25, 2014 12:20 PM

Jul 2010
bjorno said:
Benphyre said:

I had the same idea. I think that was a real death?

Me too.
yeo
Oct 25, 2014 12:21 PM
May 2011
fst said:
If Shiroe is the only reason for you to watch this show and everything else is automatically boring, you may as well just drop it now since he's only going to show up for like 1/3rd of it.

This show is about Shiroe. Others are just supporting stuff. Including other guilds . Many of them are boring and plain. And this episode is focused too much on Akatsuki which I also find boring and uninteresting.
The key here is about how Shiroe can finally find a way to get out of this game. Other stuff is irrelevant. The only thing I hope to see is Tea Party's stupid guild master (ex) appearing and maybe someone is gonna kill her. That bitch who never gave anything but trouble to Shiroe and others and left them in the end. I am agree with Indicus and her desire to get rid off that bitch.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

162 by l9kyubyu »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.