Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Oct 20, 2014 9:57 PM

Oct 2013
Ergh. Horrible. Way too rushed.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Oct 28, 2014 6:04 PM

Oct 2013
O shit some action romance and ecchi I like it
[/quote]
Nov 2, 2014 4:05 PM

Sep 2014
Are you kidding me? He's taken prisoner and he just goes along with it, saves the Lady, evades torture, walks around where ever the fuck he pleases, and I'm willing to bet my socks that she's gonna let him escape.

????

What the fuck kind of world is this?
Nov 8, 2014 2:59 AM

Dec 2012
PACING GOD DAMMIT. PACING.
I feel like this could have been an awesome anime, but damn. Wow. Facepalm.
I'll go read the Manga... -.-
Nov 12, 2014 6:02 PM

Jul 2014
Fantasy anime with a medieval setting? Count me in!
Dec 15, 2014 1:24 PM

Apr 2012
war maiden instantly took a liking to mc... mc aura all the way.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 7, 2015 11:51 AM

Jun 2013
Opening...is quite fitting tough I hope more Catchy one. Tough all those Vanadis...and they are going to shown up in 13 episodes? I almost fear the rushing...complete ruin for the story which I do not want to happen.

Start was good, Especially the Scene where Tychre shot that knight...tough for Seinen Series..not quite bloody as it should have been.

Though I am especially going to enjoy when Vorn Kills that Asshole Duke Son Zion...Coward that one if anything else.

Brune Kingdom is pretty asshole Nobles Bearing Country huh...I would love it see in Vorn..Aka
Rule. would be 1000x better country.

Rima's voice actor aka Seiyu fits for her character, along with Tychre and Ellen's.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 7, 2015 12:36 PM

Aug 2014
Ourka said:
PACING GOD DAMMIT. PACING.
I feel like this could have been an awesome anime, but damn. Wow. Facepalm.
I'll go read the Manga... -.-

The manga is pretty bad as is usually the case when it comes to a light novel to manga adaptations. I would recommend checking out the light novel if you're interested
Jan 12, 2015 2:03 AM

Sep 2012
Good episode.
Jan 21, 2015 5:28 AM
May 2012
Seriously, I decided to watch this Anime just for the boobs :3 And I like the character designs of them ladies :3
Nice opening and ending song~ Well, let's see what's next.
Jan 22, 2015 10:05 AM

May 2012
Decent start, a bit slow but still pretty good!
Mar 9, 2015 9:26 PM

Aug 2013
Oh they have a great OP.
They really quicken the story's pacing a lot. A whole lot.
And here i was wondering how is it possible to adapt 5 volumes in 13 episodes.
Of course this happen all the time.. should've known. I guess they cut short the developments and went for action.
That bath scene turn into pure fanservice when they didn't include the conversation from the LN.
But the character design and artwork have some decent changes.
Sooo.. 50 days held captive over with one episode ahaha.
Oh well.. for non LN readers it should be good enough.
I enjoyed it in a way. :)
Aug 23, 2015 9:48 PM

Sep 2014
The Bow shall Pierce anything. Ep 1.

Plot: A battle took place on the Dinant plain. A lone Bowman named Tigre vurmud Vur was all that remained of the Brune army as the others had deserted due to fear of the War Maiden, Eleonora Viltara of Zhcted. After being captured and ransomed, Tigre spends time amongst her and her troop but when he learns that war is coming to his home of Alsace, he must find a way to get past Eleonora and fight once more.

Character:Right now I find Tigre to be a pleasant guy but kinda bland. He just seems nice, most likely chivalrous, and seems well versed in things of War. His bow skills are nothing to mess with so that's a plus but why he doesn't seem to carry a blade will serve as the mystery for him. There is also his lower level status despite being a possible noble. Interesting.

His bow and his attendant Bertrand seems to hold great weight to him. Considering his personality he may be one of the possible few good nobles around. Sir Mashas also seems to be a possible teacher or Authority figure he looks up to. Man's got a nice Epic Beard.

Eleonora carries a badass powerset on her own and seems to be an agreeable sort. She is even well liked in her troop so she's probably led them to many victories and cares for them. Like Tigre she is well versed in War and has a Title of War Maiden which means no rookies growing into powerful warriors journey. That's not to say she is completely merciful/kind considering her casual mention of how she'd behead those who messed with Tigre earlier. How she got that way is the primary mystery along with what her goals are in the campaigns.

She also seems just as easygoing and playful considering she took him in as a POW was because she found him entertaining along with his fighting spirit.

For supporting characters, the broody woman Limalisha, who stuck as sword in Tigre's mouth, is going to be important later. That was establishing character moment through and through. She might even have some rivalry tones in her considering Tigre shot her horse down.

Animation/sound: Some parts of the dialogue seemed to fade in and out. Not sure if it was my sound or episode issues. The OP was quite good with excellent vocals and a beat that gets you ready for war. The ED was fine and much mellow.

The fighting animation was decent enough. Hope to see it cut loose next ep.

Misc: the short messages brought up the info that there are Seven war maidens. Looks like we got the rest of the harem cast coming soon. Maybe. Also Duke Galeon and Lord Thenardier is so gonna be the main Big bad. Considering Thenardier is marching on Tigre's home anyway.

3.85/5. It was good but a bit too laidback. Not really an attention focuser but interesting.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Sep 11, 2015 1:34 AM
Jul 2015
I guess for people who read LN and manga this feels rushed.

For first-timers like me it's just good old fast-paced action, with the occasional eye-candy.
It makes someone like me want to go and read the LN/Manga, which can't be a bad thing.
Sep 28, 2015 6:54 PM

Mar 2012
Didn't read LN, pace feels fine. Makes more sense than that Isuca anime which was also about shooting arrows.
Nov 21, 2015 8:05 PM

Jul 2013
ok so I like the artstyle and the fact that the main heroine is not a loli. The ecchi.. I don't know if I was watching this 2 years ago I would've drooled over those fanservice but now that I'm too busy with life, I kinda got over it and now I just want to watch something entertaining. The animation well it could be better. All in all I'd say this first episode was decent
Mar 14, 2016 8:23 PM

Jul 2013
I think this was a good start, even if it was a little bit rushed. Tigres bow skills are amazing. I really love the atmosphere and the music, everything fits very well.

Also the characters are likeable so far. OP and ED are both good.

And wow Eleonora is so damn sexy, I can understand how Tigre must feel most of the time :D

Apr 2, 2016 9:06 PM

Mar 2015
OP: Animation - 3/5, Song - 4.3/5

Elen and Lim confirmed harem candidate.

It seems interesting that the MC fighting style uses bow. Even using defect bow, still bad ass.

What I don't like in this show is the naming is complicated and long.

ED: Animation - 2.5/5, Song - 3.9/5

Episode: 3.2/5
Jul 7, 2016 6:52 AM

Mar 2016
NaturalPerm said:
generic light novel adaptation. Tits fantasy with more tits than fantasy.

Hahaha, perfect. This should be the tag line on the DVD cover.

Never read the LN, so I enjoyed this. Am actually surprised I don't hate the MC in a harem series. He's pretty slick with that bow!
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!
May 29, 2017 2:37 AM

Jul 2015
Was hoping for some decent action + maybe even a dash of romance mixed in, but it looks like it'll be one of those generic harem/ecchi/action anime with an OP duo. Oh well, I guess.

caught in the wonder
Feb 4, 2018 11:37 AM

Sep 2012
Eleonora got hard from Tigre's bravery :D
Feb 14, 2018 8:12 PM

Sep 2017
Very good episode. Liked the dynamics between the female heroine and the MC. The old guy is the stuff. "Please go have a drink" is the best threat.

Liked how the archery was portrayed here. Also, I must say, Lim is super hot! Along with Elen. Who by the way, has no qualms about going commando and in her birthday suit.

Anyone notice that Lunie the pet dragon falling down at the exact second Tigre realised he was looking at Elen naked?

Tigre is certainly the luckiest SOB. Keep it up. (I certainly didn't mean IT).

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 23, 2018 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
The female MC certainly has an... interesting way of handling things. The MC himself is okay I guess, nothing special either though. I assume they will save his village/town/whatever soon and all the good guys in his army will join her army instead and defeat those evil lords who torture people.
Aug 24, 2020 10:21 PM
Feb 2018
IDK IF THIS IS A SPOILER.

I wanna complain but is to short to be a review.

So basically i wanna complain, because at the first episode the anime catch my attention, but after is just war war war and more war, it's a good anime if u want see tactics, but i came for harem and that let me down.
Feb 5, 2022 5:33 PM

May 2008
notsomacho said:
Are you kidding me? He's taken prisoner and he just goes along with it, saves the Lady, evades torture, walks around where ever the fuck he pleases, and I'm willing to bet my socks that she's gonna let him escape.

????

What the fuck kind of world is this?

Actually that's kind of how things went for royalty in European middle ages. If you're captured you were treated like royalty (because you are royalty) and you behaved.

On another note, so many people here are whining about this premier episode... I have nothing to complain about, can I whine about that?
Feb 23, 2022 10:37 AM

Nov 2010
PKAmmoTroop said:

Actually that's kind of how things went for royalty in European middle ages. If you're captured you were treated like royalty (because you are royalty) and you behaved.

That's right. He's of count rank and even if his demesne is poor, he's still of status to be treated well. He also missed the part when Elen confessed she liked him a lot.

Anyway,

From that map, it looks like this is set in a fictional version of NE Poland, Kaliningrad, and SW Lithuania.

Eleonara is hot!

It feels like I'm watching the anime version of CK3. His county being attacked and claimed by a duchy within a kingdom, that happens all the time. If he loses his only title, Zhcted can freely claim him.
Aug 10, 2022 2:11 AM
May 2017
I was not expecting much when I started this anime but I think this has a good direction and plot and I am eager to watch more of it.
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM
May 2021
Decent start I would say. And Fanservice ok for an ecchi anime 😂
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

72 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 23, 2022 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.