Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2009 4:51 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A girl with glassses who has various books with trains and she got on to Miracle Train from Shiodome station. Her name is Noriko. She's hyper about riding on Miracle Train. She's a "Tetsu" who's interested in Trains. She even takes photos! That girl looks at Shasho suspiciously, though, saying there's no such thing as Shasho for Oedo-sen, just a driver! She noticed something cute and Tokunaga thought she was referring to him! He was pissed and walk away when he realized that she was referring to Akari.

Shinjuku volunteered to be in her photo, but she's not interested in stations! Even Roppongi was laughed at other guys' comment about Shinjuku not being popular.

She commented that the train is like the mini train like Oedo. Then she explained about mini trains. Ryougoku commented that the roof is the same as normal train even it's smaller. Shiodome, who was quiet for the most of time, said that the wheel is smaller. He's smarter than that "Tetsuko". The underground trains are different, even for Asakusa and Oedo difference is that Oedo has a censor called reaction plate.

She's getting low self-esteem because she's not knowledgeable as "Tetsuko" like Shiodome. Akari asked one last question and finally they showed a boxing game when Shiodome became the winner! Roppongi is the judge!

Shiodome's one sided pressure to same interest ticked to her problem. It's about her friend. He's a "Tetsu" and talks like Shiodome did on the way back home. Once she rode Miracle Train, the legendary train, she can bribe to him about it and she wants to revenge!

Shasho threatens her not to commercialize Miracle Train in that way! (Wow, so scary!)

Shiodome knows that she likes Oedo line. She said it's her favorite. Shiodome is helping her to win that "Tetsu" guy. He showed her the station. Shiodome is suggesting her to see the train in another perspective because he knows that people rarely notice the image of the station.

Shinjuku is thinking about how resemblance she is. Tsukishima is worried about Shiodome. Tokugawa found the cellphone that she has forgotten (or he stole it from her because she said Akari was cute instead of him?).

Shiodome brought her to old Shimbashi. Even though she knows about that visible part, but he said that the real one still "sleeps" underground. It was buried for some reason but accidentally found when building for Shiodome station.

Akari asks Tokugawa to bring the cellphone to her. He ran away with it, but with Shinjuku's dog trick, he led the cellphone go. Then he accidentally saw a pic of that Tetsu with a dog in Noriko's cellphone.

Shiodome showed her the interchange of Asakusa and Oedo because of difference. Noriko got the chance to take photo. Shiodome is so cute @ later conversation.

Shinjuku seems to remember something (about remember seeing her) from the photo. Shinjuku seems to know the real trouble is. It's getting more and more difficult for Shiodome.

Noriko began to say that she's not really a "Tetsuko". She just accidentally met an acquaintance who rode Oedo, too, and began to be with him. She always asked him questions. She fell in love with that guy.

Shinjuku said that he saw a sad girl who came out of the train, with eyes looking at that guy in the train.

She just wanted to get attention from him by learning to be a "Tetsuko". She feels that he's only interested in train knowledge and nothing about her. Shiodome explained how he felt (because he feels the same as that Tetsu guy). He's extremely liking her that doesn't know how to say anything to her. Even though there are so many things he wants to talk to her, there are too many extra things came out of his mouth. He suggested her to tell him her feelings. He knows that she would need courage to do so, but there will be new discovery. When she went into the train, she's not in the Miracle Train anymore and her cellphone is back.

Noriko met that Tetsu guy. Shiodome messaged to encourage her. She got the courage from Shiodome and confessed to him.

Shiodome is in... how to describe... calm and sad smile expression? Like setsunai?

Tokunaga is still holding the ball! lol @ when he realized!

Next ep. is Tsukishima.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 1, 2009 7:29 PM

May 2008
Well that was sad, stations fall in love too xD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 2, 2009 9:53 AM

Aug 2008
A genuinely good episode. Glad they decided to stray away from the formula a little bit to give a fresher feeling episode.
Nov 2, 2009 10:29 AM

Jun 2008
definitely the best episode so far <3 Shiodome was so cute :) I want to hug him so bad <3 Train guy was kinda yummy too.xD -shot-
Tokugawa was awesome this episode too 8D
Nov 2, 2009 2:50 PM

Mar 2008
Finally a thoroughly enjoyable episode! Less host show, more train-like show. That's how it is supposed to be. The girl was also pretty tolerable. The first one that does make me want to punch her. Tokugawa still tops as the most interesting thing in this series.
Nov 3, 2009 6:59 AM

Sep 2008
This episode is surprisingly good for once.

Too much train and station trivia in this episode but the ending was really sweet. Shiodome was really cute. Awwww~~
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Nov 4, 2009 7:34 AM

Oct 2009
Found Noriko interesting that she is willing to learn about trains to impress the guy she loves. The E5000 had its interesting features. There was some complex train proportions I did not know at all in Japanese trains. The history of the train station was also interesting. Shiodome was good in helping her but I found he is more shy than other guys with that Noriko. I learned the word Tetsuko and that was interesting.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 4, 2009 11:50 AM

Jun 2008
Wasn't half bad this episode. Noriko was no downer for a change.
Zero interest in those train details - but anyway only Japanese would be interested in such stuff.
Nov 4, 2009 11:53 AM

Oct 2009
Proselyt said:
Zero interest in those train details - but anyway only Japanese would be interested in such stuff.

I am interested but more for tourist notes if I ever go to Japan. There are very interesting key notes I will translate into French for my personal use.

Nov 4, 2009 12:11 PM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
Proselyt said:

I am interested but more for tourist notes if I ever go to Japan. There are very interesting key notes I will translate into French for my personal use.
That there are 3 types of Gauges in Tokyo's subway system: Normal Gauge, Scotch Gauge and Cape Gauge? That the Oedo Sen uses linear motors? - That doesn't do you any good in Japan, i think. But if you want i can translate it into French for you...
Nov 7, 2009 6:07 PM
Oct 2009
It was an ok episodebut it had a little to much talk about trains

It seems like all of the episode are going the same it would be good if they made it a little different
Nov 8, 2009 2:23 PM

Nov 2007
francismeunier said:
Found Noriko interesting that she is willing to learn about trains to impress the guy she loves. The E5000 had its interesting features. There was some complex train proportions I did not know at all in Japanese trains. The history of the train station was also interesting. Shiodome was good in helping her but I found he is more shy than other guys with that Noriko. I learned the word Tetsuko and that was interesting.

I actually didn't know about the features either.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 8, 2009 2:57 PM

Oct 2009
tsubasalover said:
francismeunier said:

I actually didn't know about the features either.

Guess we have much to learn about Japanese trains tsubasalover.

Nov 21, 2009 10:57 PM

Apr 2009
Aww Shiodome...
Interesting stuff about trains. :)
Dec 20, 2009 12:24 AM

Apr 2008
Too much knowledge x_x in the end i dont rmb a single thing

Feb 11, 2010 5:53 AM
Nov 2009
It was a nice Shiodome episode.
Learning so many things for the person you love - that was quite sweet.

Hehe and I've learned a lot from this ep too about trains, things I never knew ^^
Jun 10, 2012 2:09 PM

Nov 2011
Cute episode and lold @ Noriko's rejection @ Shinjiku
Jul 3, 2012 3:32 PM

Jul 2009
Aww, cute episode! :3
I actually found the information really interesting, even if I don't remember much XD Then again, I do have a train thing ... I love them LOL XD
Of course it's a love problem, I figured that out right away haha XD Poor Shiodome, he knew exactly what the other guy did when he just started talking about everything XD He was actually really cute, and I like him a lot more now (he used to be my least favourite) :P
Noriko was actually pretty interesting too, taking pictures and everything. She sure fooled me, although she didn't know the answers to a lot of the questions which should have told me she was faking it XD Pretty good in that it was different and she wasn't super surprised and stuff lol :P (Also that conductor ... can be scary LOL)
Yay looks like Ono Daisuke's episode is next?! :O I wonder if they'll each get two episodes, since there are 6 of them right? Hmm ...
Feb 24, 2013 3:23 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
EvianBubble said:
Aww, cute episode! :3
I actually found the information really interesting, even if I don't remember much XD Then again, I do have a train thing ... I love them LOL XD

Learning from anime is always fun! Shiodome really knows everything. He's so adorable that it's heartbreaking to see him fall into an unrequited love :( I love how he "solved" her problem by because he understood what Mr. Train had gone through. I think the stations aren't there to really solve people's problems per se, but more like to help them out and the rest is up to the person. It's a good theme I think, because it shows you although people can help you and five you advice, not everything in life can be answered for you, you have to solve it yourself.

Btw, Tokugawa is an interesting dog. Can they hear him talking? o_O

More topics from this board

» Taken off of Crunchyroll

tinywoodenrobot - Aug 15, 2023

0 by tinywoodenrobot »»
Aug 15, 2023 7:01 PM

» Miracle Train Question?

haihaig - Feb 26, 2017

1 by tinywoodenrobot »»
Aug 22, 2020 7:40 AM

Poll: » Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~ Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2009

24 by Maou_heika »»
Feb 13, 2020 9:48 AM

Poll: » Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~ Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 27, 2009

33 by _kukiyomenai »»
Dec 24, 2015 1:56 AM

Poll: » Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~ Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 15, 2009

19 by _kukiyomenai »»
Dec 19, 2015 3:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.