Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 28, 2014 4:42 AM

Feb 2012
Can someone clarify the ending for me?

I though Ren, as his restraint, disappeared with Aoba-desire, thus his Allmate becoming a regular dog.
Did he instead become Sei?
Sep 28, 2014 11:02 AM

Aug 2014
This episode was a lot better than expected, but the animation is noticeably bad as it was in many episodes. I was at my limits with this series but it ended better than most anime do. It convinced to look into the VN.

5/10
Sep 28, 2014 11:48 AM

Jan 2012
stray_cat said:

I though Ren, as his restraint, disappeared with Aoba-desire, thus his Allmate becoming a regular dog.

This is actually explained in the vn (in reconnect?) though it's a bit confusing here...
Ren actually heard Sei's voice calling him and Sei lead him into his own body... but as Ren wasn't used to it as it's not his own body, he couldn't move even though the tower was collapsing ><
Miraculously he survived and Vitri found him and hospitalized him in some other place before taking him back in Midorijima's hospital...
Took him a whole year to recover and be completely awake ><
So anyway Sei (before dying/disappearing) gave Ren his body so he could be together with Aoba...

Hope this is better? I'm not good with explanation...
Sep 28, 2014 5:50 PM

Aug 2014
stray_cat said:

The reason Ren not merged back into Aoba consciousness are becouse Aoba accept him as someone else. For Desire, yes, Aoba accept him as another part of him. But for Ren that already develop "something else" scratchloveforAobascratch, Aoba see him as entirely different person.

ElenirLachlagos said:
Wait, what? I don't get it.

So Ren wasn't in the allmate anymore. That's about all I understood. Why? I don't know. And then Sei, who was dying/dead wakes up again with Rens soul inside him. And Ren was Aobas restraint.
What? I'm confused. Is this supposed to make any sense at all?

And Noiz just did a 180 degree turn on his personality because... whatever?

More like; Ren isn't allmate at all. Aoba got 3 personality inside him... since... uh... according to re:connect... since he can remember. So, Ren is Aoba's restraint that take an allmate body to keep Aoba in check.

Kinda forget but, seems like the anime not explain it. But in the VN, it said that the allmate consciousness are connected to their user (if I'm not wrong there a part in story where infected allmate turn on rampage and drag their user into rhyme field forcefully).
So, because of this urr... service? Ren that been ignored by Aoba (in his delinquent phase) decide to transfer his mind into the dog allmate that Aoba 'adopt'. I barely remember this, but, Noiz clearly said that Ren's personality setting are more complex than the usual allmate (well yeah, it's actual human personality after all. Not computer program.)

For Noix;
Because he started to connect with all his surrounding.
Before, his kind of detached to the world of living because he can't feel anything.
Not really make any sense for anime because it's Aoba telling Noiz to start learning what happen outside 'his room of solitude' (on VN).

(shrug)
I hope I can explain it better.
To make sense to all of this, it's better to play the original game... but...
(groan)
just make sure you skip the H-scene if you hate it ._., expect Mink route, that scene won't really affect the story (I hope)
Oct 5, 2014 7:22 AM

Oct 2014
Kyaaa! Thank god, Ren!!!! I was about to cry T_T
That final was wonderful <3
Well, is upsetting that it has as much yaoi as Naruto but as shonen was great.
Oct 5, 2014 7:26 AM

Dec 2012
KiraH69 said:

Wat.
Oct 5, 2014 2:54 PM

Mar 2013
rothrock said:
KiraH69 said:

Wat.

lol I think (s)he meant like that one episode where naruto and sasuke accidentally kissed. (noiz kissed aoba in an earlier episode)
It happened. it was all the yaoi that was displayed, and it was never addressed again xD

Oct 5, 2014 11:34 PM

Dec 2012
-Luhui said:
rothrock said:

Wat.

lol I think (s)he meant like that one episode where naruto and sasuke accidentally kissed. (noiz kissed aoba in an earlier episode)
It happened. it was all the yaoi that was displayed, and it was never addressed again xD

Lol, I see. That was pretty vague though.
Oct 8, 2014 6:36 AM

May 2010
So we got a Ren ED.

Hmmm it was kinda rushed... more like the whole anime felt rushed. But still, it was a nice ED. And I get why it has so many fans on tumblr, the actual source seems to have a really good story. It just got a... not-so-good adaptation. Such derp.

The show was fine. I got attached to Clear, he was a really nice character. Ren was another nice one. Noiz and Koujaku got better while I never cared about Mink tbh. 6/10
Oct 10, 2014 9:52 PM

Feb 2012
Lyrisia and Ruise,

Thanks!
That cleared things up for me. :)

Since Ren is now a different entity...
Aoba has no restraint now? o_O
Or he's completely fine without his restraint? Hahaha
Oct 12, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 2010
Nice ending, though the entire serie was a bit underwhelming I think they did a fine job considering they had only 12 episodes and 5 routes to cover. I'm a bit sad that they completely removed the yaoi from the serie but again, with only 12 episodes there is no time to work out the deeper details of relationships.

The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't explain Ren and Sei's "situation" at all, people who played the game understand and all is fine but there are anime only watchers too so it felt strange they didn't explain it, they only needed like 2 or 3 sentences to at least clarify it...?

Anyway it was a nice adaption, the animation quality wasn't great but it didn't really bother me and I think they did a good job covering everyone's route and some of the music is really good. 7/10 :)
Oct 19, 2014 4:48 AM

Mar 2008
What a sorry excuse for an anime. Despite the fact that I had the lowest possible expectations for how it would turn out, it still managed to let me down. It failed to deliver in every aspect.

All I can say is that all of the characters came out flat and there was no character development whatsoever. At times they even seemed spineless, especially Aoba and Koujaku. Whatever happened to the strong bond and trust they shared? It didn't sit well with me how Mink and Noiz were constantly sticking close to Aoba as if they are some BADASS bodyguards and Aoba so useless he can't even make a single decision on his own.
Anyways...the plot was all over the place and was extremely inconsistent. Unnecessary scenes were added, others were omitted. If I hadn't played the VN I would have never been able to understand what the heck is happening in here.
The animation was also bad. Sometimes it made me think it was worse than American cartoons. The movement and positioning was awkward, stiff and felt so wrong. RIP Noiz, you were the worst looking.

This anime was not meant to be enjoyed by DMMd fans, BL fans or by any fans. The amount of effort put in creating this generic show was absolutely NONE. Overall score: 1/10
Penguin-MusumeOct 19, 2014 4:58 AM
Oct 19, 2014 6:19 PM

Jan 2013
It started out ok, then it got real boring. And there was hardly any BL, but the ending was alright. I'll rate 6/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2014 8:32 PM

Aug 2014
stray_cat said:
Lyrisia and Ruise,

Thanks!
That cleared things up for me. :)

Since Ren is now a different entity...
Aoba has no restraint now? o_O
Or he's completely fine without his restraint? Hahaha

Well, if we played the Freud theory about the Id, Ego, and Super-Ego (the thing those 3 represent)...
He'll be fine (oi!)

Ego (Aoba) can't live without Id (Desire).
But for Super-Ego (Ren)... just put it bluntly as;

"The hell with moral and social value"
=> just how I like to put Ren's condition... he's practically not showing any moral value expect guilt for loving Aoba in VN. Welp, if you said having sex with your own Ego after you 'destroy (dramatically murder in Toue phrase)' your long lost twin as something normal, then my argument is invalid.
And they called him 'restraint' -___-"
Nov 14, 2014 12:22 AM

Aug 2010
I honestly didn't know what I was in for so when I saw a bunch of gorgeous guys and no gals at all that's when I knew it's going to be something else... I mean the title is catchy the plot is pretty interesting and because I have no knowledge about the VN so I got hooked to my dismay afterwards though. At least the OVA is now tagged with shounen-ai so that unsuspecting victims like me will not be mistaken.

Not a big fan of the whole shounen-ai thing so I'm pretty much bored and disappointed. Like my mom was near me when she saw the Noiz x Aoba kiss scene! How embarrassing was that! Another thing is the outfits. It's too damn colorful for a show with a title "DRAMAtical Murder" well maybe the drama part.

Anyway to cut it short; Animation sucks, techno beats is not my jam, poor plot lines, dialogues was pretty gay too. It was a roller coaster wreck of an anime and I'm not even checking the VN even if it's better than anime.
ExcaliburJoshNov 14, 2014 12:29 AM
Dec 7, 2014 11:20 PM

Jan 2012
strong strong anticlimatic final boss fight...

4/10
Jan 17, 2015 12:58 PM

Jun 2014
I didn't really like this anime. It was ok at start but it never interested me as it progressed kinda just wanted it to end...
feel free to check out my list and message me recommendations :)
Jan 23, 2015 4:39 PM

Aug 2012
Aaah I can die happily right now TwT)
this ending was so satisfying for me! and dat hug tho ; v ; ) my heart just melted..
Feb 15, 2015 8:29 AM

Sep 2013
awww good ending~~

So is there gonna be season 2 or...?
Cause Noiz man hot damn
Jul 3, 2015 7:37 PM

Jul 2009
So we get a "human" Ren after all ... the visuals in the fight were good, but the fight itself was super disappointing. Not to mention that scene with "Sei" and him accepting his "desire" self ... what the heck D: I guess they get a "happy ending" though ... what with Oval Tower blowing up and Toue killing himself >_< Noiz looked good at the end but the ending itself was pretty meh for me :S So Ren ended up in Sei's body?! What the heck O_O ED song didn't really do it for me either ...

Overall ... yeah, it was a pain to finish this and I was pretty disappointed. Nothing much really happened, I couldn't really get behind any of the characters and I still remember the terrible animation at the beginning. At least the BGM was good and some of the EDs. I would hope that the VN is better but ... the anime gets a 5/10 from me
Jan 9, 2016 1:28 AM

Aug 2012
That was a very lame ending for Toue. He just gives up that easily? That is so stupid! This series lacks SO MANY THINGS. Lots and lost of plot holes. No wonder this is rated so low.

Now I see why there's so many ships with all the characters, especially Aoba x Noiz.

Shouldn't this be tagged as shounen ai? Because I got a lot of vibes between characters.
LiaevesJan 9, 2016 1:31 AM
Jan 19, 2016 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
Toue got beaten by Aoba in Rhyme and killed himself - did not see that coming.

Ren was part of Aoba's personality who transferred himself in to the allmate and then somehow in to the body of Sei. Mmmmkay, that's quite odd.

Sei made Aoba kill him because he was dying anyway, that was sad.

Noiz looked so different at the end! I think he got even hotter.

Mink looked different too.

I liked the show, it was really different and interesting.

Lots of hot boys <3

Now I need to watch the OVA!
stephtastropheJan 19, 2016 2:13 PM
Aug 29, 2019 6:31 PM

Oct 2015
I'm glad Sei survived, I can't bear when siblings lose each other. Those words by Aoba to Ren were actually good, I was Also surprised by his backstory there. Glad Mink got to live, but sad he drifted away. I guess it was live happily ever after for everyone except Toue and his Utopia!

It was okay for me, simple and straightforward. Predictable though in some moments, but likable characters. But I won't miss it or memorise it.

6/10

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 12, 2022 3:20 PM
Aug 2020
I got confused by the ending but the thankfully the comments explained everything.

I wanted to drop it at some point but I kept watching cuz I felt it will get better but it kinda didn't, anyways it wasn't a bad anime it just was off at some parts, I feel like it could've done in a better way cuz the story is interesting.

5/10
ann_sordoJul 12, 2022 3:26 PM
Jan 11, 2023 3:25 PM
Dec 2021
great anime. i enjoyed it a lot, hope for s2.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 24, 2014

62 by girlsbravofan06 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Jul 13, 2014

74 by RVTempest »»
May 7, 2023 1:11 PM

» Dramatical Murder New Webtoon Adaptation

Destinesia - Feb 1, 2023

2 by DxvilTears »»
Feb 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 11 Discussion

onoda - Sep 14, 2014

23 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 12, 2022 2:36 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 31, 2014

62 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 9, 2022 4:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.