Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (22) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2014 1:47 PM

Dec 2013
Cakedog said:
Gymkata said:

I actually loved the rotoscoping. I thought I'd come upon something truly unique after its comparatively organic and atmospheric ep1. I can appreciate what it was trying to do, unfortunately none of it was believable for me--high school setting esp. Those MCs...blech.

I think the point was to make the viewer uncomfortable.
The rotoscoping helped with that.

This, and the fact that the movement looked so natural and the backgrounds were shinkai(is). But the characters/plot....uggghh.
Sep 24, 2014 1:49 PM

Sep 2013
NGE was great, until it got bad. And then there's the final episode where it was terrible. Redeemed itself though.
Sep 24, 2014 2:05 PM

Apr 2014
Zankyou no terror

So much potential yet all of it was wasted.
Sep 24, 2014 2:06 PM

May 2013
Uta no Prince-sama season two, for me.

The show could have done so much more with the whole topic of rising to fame and dealing with the music industry, but instead they decided to introduce some silly magic perfect boy and way too many other characters in one go. Such a disappointment, but it wasn't like I expected much knowing it was a reverse harem, anyway.
'From my speeding car, I catch a glimpse through the trees of what looks like the ocean. Hope... a premonition. Every month, as I write, I am visited by such moments. The scene that follows is sometimes an ocean brighter than anything I could have imagined, sometimes a barren seashore littered with rocks, sometimes a place I once visited, sometimes a road that ends up going nowhere.

I would like to end up at a heartbreakingly beautiful sea.'

-Hiroyuki Asada, 2010
Sep 24, 2014 2:15 PM

Jun 2013
kazuchu said:
I just feel let down on this one. It's still good but I was (stupidly) expecting better. I really just want more mature animes with antiheroes and I thought this could've been the one show I've been waiting for but turns out it wasn't. Due to my high expectations I've gotten super salty of ZnT which has kept me from enjoying what it truly is. I think if I hadn't heard of it until the summer season started I would've liked ZnT a lot more but that's not what happened.

I was kind of relieved that they turned out to be rather normal people. I can enjoy seeing different shells on protagonists, but I simply would not be able to sympathize with a character that's rotten to the core. I really hate the whole antihero principle of "I have to be miserable and make others miserable because I have a messed up past".
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Sep 24, 2014 3:34 PM

Sep 2011
amateur said:
OriginANIME said:
Aku no Hana

The rotoscoping animation was hardly the main problem with that anime.

Hardly? It was a huge problem.

I still enjoyed it, but it was sad they went that route.
Sep 24, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2013
If Aku no Hana was done right Nakamura would have a ton of favourites imo

which of course on MAL is the only true way to measure a character's worth
Sep 24, 2014 4:57 PM

Jul 2012
RodaRora said:
Uta no Prince-sama season two, for me.

The show could have done so much more with the whole topic of rising to fame and dealing with the music industry, but instead they decided to introduce some silly magic perfect boy and way too many other characters in one go. Such a disappointment, but it wasn't like I expected much knowing it was a reverse harem, anyway.

The show never had much potential, even in season 1. I think it would have been better if the entire show was just based on Tokiya's routes instead of having character-centric episodes. Reason why something as mediocre as Clannad is rated so high is because it broke the harem cliche and focused mainly on one girl.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
After just finishing Nobunaga Concerto I'll have to add it to the list. One of the worst cases of an anime ending prematurely and barely even starting to tap all the potential it undoubtedly has. A shame, really.

I'm not even finished but yeah, I have to agree. Length was the main issue.
Sep 24, 2014 10:30 PM
Oct 2013
Z4k said:
Zankyou no terror

So much potential yet all of it was wasted.

Same here. I wish they end it with a bang, not a drama.
Sep 24, 2014 10:38 PM

Sep 2014
My opinion for wasted potential is

Naruto
Bleach - the 2nd half of it, first half was great.
Air gear
Sword Art Online - This one wasted sooooo much, it could have been a crazy long anime about him actually playing the game x_x, became a love story.
Tokyo ghoul
Sep 25, 2014 1:37 AM

Dec 2012
xRatatosk said:
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

Oh, yeah. That too. I forgot.
I like anime.
Sep 25, 2014 2:17 AM
Jun 2014
Kaze No Stigma, setup was fucking brilliant, had potential to be japan's version of Avatar, and they fucked it up to an enormous degree(the author is mainly at fault).
Sep 25, 2014 3:56 AM

Sep 2013
mac9955 said:
Kaze No Stigma, setup was fucking brilliant, had potential to be japan's version of Avatar, and they fucked it up to an enormous degree(the author is mainly at fault).
Yeah- it's his fault for fuckin' dying
Sep 25, 2014 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The premise for the show was really great, but they totally wasted it's potential. Like, seriously? They literally repeated the same episode multiple times. Some of it was okay, and it's definitely not the worst anime out there, but it was so boring. I lost interest so quickly. I really wish they would have gone a different direction with.

Also I haven't seen any of the other Haruhi things like the disappearance or anything so I don't know if they're any better.
Sep 25, 2014 8:13 AM
Jun 2014
Huge_Ego said:
mac9955 said:

No, it was shit like 3 episodes in, instead of an interesting story, we had shitty romance for like 10 episodes, way before he died.
Sep 26, 2014 9:36 AM

Jan 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
robis798 said:

Yeah well...

not gonna lie episode 1 is super epic, i already imagining many things whats gonna happen next..... drama shit hahahahhahahaha
fuck author

You should consider about yourself before everything else...
Sep 26, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
mac9955 said:
Huge_Ego said:

No, it was shit like 3 episodes in, instead of an interesting story, we had shitty romance for like 10 episodes, way before he died.

lol don't watch it, expecting the romance to be good. anime is a medium that does not provide good romance pretty much
the show is mainly action (like the cartoon avatar) and revolves around this guy and his backstory. it's way too open ended, but a decent watch (ignore my high rating for it, as it was my rating from six years ago)
Sep 26, 2014 12:05 PM

Apr 2014
mayukachan said:
mac9955 said:

lol don't watch it, expecting the romance to be good. anime is a medium that does not provide good romance pretty much
the show is mainly action (like the cartoon avatar) and revolves around this guy and his backstory. it's way too open ended, but a decent watch (ignore my high rating for it, as it was my rating from six years ago)
Am I the only one who really enjoyed the show as a whole?
Sep 26, 2014 12:34 PM

Apr 2011
Milk_is_Special said:
mayukachan said:

Nah, I enjoyed it as well.
Sep 26, 2014 2:53 PM

Jun 2011
yhunata said:
Milk_is_Special said:

I stopped watching around halfway because it got to Romancey (after they beat some big baddy, cant really remember its been awhile).
does the action ever get picked up again?
KillaclownSep 26, 2014 3:30 PM
Sep 26, 2014 3:05 PM

Jun 2014
Zankyou no terror, Tokyo Ghoul
:3
Sep 26, 2014 7:16 PM

Nov 2013
Shinsekai Yori had amazing potential, but in the end it executes it's ideas and concepts poorly and suffers from the lack of character elements.
Sep 26, 2014 7:17 PM

Jul 2014
Kabi-sama said:
Shinsekai Yori had amazing potential, but in the end it executes it's ideas and concepts poorly and suffers from the lack of character elements.

Go on.
Sep 26, 2014 7:29 PM

Jul 2012
Kabi-sama said:

Oh boy, not this again.

yhunata said:
Milk_is_Special said:

It's one of my favourite action series. I don't know how much merit my 8/10 counts now but I remember that I loved it.
Sep 26, 2014 7:40 PM

Mar 2013
LH2, since it's being made by DEEN even though the LN is only getting better.

mayukachan said:
Kabi-sama said:

Oh boy, not this again.

At least it's not another yaoi complaint. At least I don't think it is.
Sep 26, 2014 7:45 PM

Dec 2013
Tokyo Ghoul, thank you so much Pierrot! '-'
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 26, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2013
fst said:
LH2, since it's being made by DEEN even though the LN is only getting better.

look on the bright side. at least the studio didn't get switched to a-1 pictures or jc staff. plus, i thought studio deen did a decent job on hakkenden. i can't say much about their other recent shows though since i haven't watched them
Sep 26, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2013
tbh, log horizon is what deen deserves.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2014 7:57 PM

Jul 2012
orchidork said:
look on the bright side. at least the studio didn't get switched to a-1 pictures or jc staff. plus, i thought studio deen did a decent job on hakkenden. i can't say much about their other recent shows though since i haven't watched them

A-1 and JC Staff have had good adaptions though.
Sep 26, 2014 7:58 PM

Apr 2014
TTGL, but maybe it never had potential to begin with.
Sep 26, 2014 7:59 PM

Jul 2013
mayukachan said:
orchidork said:

then replace a-1 pictures and jc staff with another studio that mostly makes bad adaptations. i can't think of any right now
Sep 26, 2014 8:04 PM

Jul 2012
orchidork said:
mayukachan said:

then replace a-1 pictures and jc staff with another studio that mostly makes bad adaptations. i can't think of any right now

Deen's the only studio that has that reputation lul
Sep 26, 2014 8:13 PM

Jul 2013
mayukachan said:

Deen's the only studio that has that reputation lul

but it seems their adaptations have been getting better recently.

eta- actually replace a-1 pictures and jc staff with studio pierrot
orchidorkSep 26, 2014 8:17 PM
Sep 26, 2014 8:18 PM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
I really liked Brynhildr in the Darkness but it was rushed a lot in the end. I felt like if it had more episodes it that and it wasn't rushed, it would of been really good.
Sep 26, 2014 8:18 PM

Jul 2012
orchidork said:

Sep 26, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2014
mayukachan said:
orchidork said:

Nurabla no Mango. Not serious.
Sep 26, 2014 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
mayukachan said:
orchidork said:

i haven't watched a lot of studio deen's shows but i have heard good things about some of their adaptations such as bakuman, hakkenden, little busters refrain, witch craft works, golden time (to an extent), love stage, kimi to boku and sakurasou no pet na kanojo (even though i hated this show).

in the end, all studios have their good and bad shows. i just haven't seen that many good shows from a-1 pictures and jc staff
Sep 26, 2014 8:27 PM

Aug 2013
orchidork said:
mayukachan said:

i haven't watched a lot of studio deen's shows but i have heard good things about some of their adaptations such as witch craft works
Witch Craft Works is JC staff.
Sep 26, 2014 8:31 PM

Jul 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
orchidork said:

i haven't watched a lot of studio deen's shows but i have heard good things about some of their adaptations such as witch craft works
Witch Craft Works is JC staff.

everything i listed was from jc staff. OTL

ignore what i posted. i got studio deen and jc staff mixed up. mayukachan you're right. studio deen makes the worst adaptations
orchidorkSep 26, 2014 8:36 PM
Sep 26, 2014 8:37 PM

Aug 2013
@orchidork My bad. Oh, okay I see.
Sep 26, 2014 9:10 PM

Jun 2014
Angel Beats
Mushishi (could have been super great but it did not develop much beyond going from one episode to the next)
Howl's Moving Castle (Miyazaki got a bit over the top here even though I rate it very highly)
Sep 26, 2014 9:17 PM

Jul 2012
Guaporense said:
Mushishi (could have been super great but it did not develop much beyond going from one episode to the next)

Yeah, even if we're the only two people who would say that, I might have liked Mushishi even more if there was a main plot going on. I'm all for serene animes when they have an underlying plot.
Sep 27, 2014 5:53 AM
Sep 2014
EdenB said:
Did u guys ever watch an anime that starts as a really great one, but then it starts to let you down ?

I watched Hataraku maou-sama and it started as a really great anime, but then i got really disappointed after the 5th episode.

What about you guys?
Bleach is veeeery good but im really disappointed of the bounto arch, it's so lame
Sep 27, 2014 5:58 AM

Jul 2014
Dooha said:
EdenB said:
Did u guys ever watch an anime that starts as a really great one, but then it starts to let you down ?

I watched Hataraku maou-sama and it started as a really great anime, but then i got really disappointed after the 5th episode.

What about you guys?
Bleach is veeeery good but im really disappointed of the bounto arch, it's so lame

It's filler....
Sep 27, 2014 9:50 AM

Jan 2014
There are sooo many. Naruto, sao, fairy tail, zankyou no terror even. But especially naruto and sao.
My top anime quotes
1. I AM JUSTICE!- l/light (Death Note)
2. IT'S OVER 9000!!!!- Vegeta (dbz)
3. Almighty Push!/ Shinra Tensei!- Pain (Naruto Shippuden)
4. We stand in awe before that which cannot be seen- Rukia (Bleach)
5. I'll take a potato chip.....AND EAT IT!!!!!- Light (Death Note)
6. Art is an explosion - Deidara (Naruto)
7. Shut the fuck up Kakazu - Hidan (Naruto)
8. Bulma, you've lost your balls- Goku (dragonball)
9. "Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!"- Edward Elric (fmab)
Sep 27, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2014
Eagerly waiting for someone to mention Terror in Resonance.
Sep 27, 2014 12:02 PM

Jul 2012
sullynathan said:

It's already been mentioned 20931230219301 times.
Sep 27, 2014 12:07 PM

Dec 2013
mayukachan said:
sullynathan said:

It's already been mentioned 20931230219301 times.

I am even more eager to finish Zankyou myself to see what's all the fuss around :D
Sep 27, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2014
Because of episode 5... There's a LOT of emphasis on 5..
"Hi!"
Sep 27, 2014 12:52 PM

Aug 2013
Captain Earth
Pages (22) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime powers you wish you had

ST63LTH - 18 minutes ago

2 by Nanami0007 »»
7 minutes ago

» Why do so many people hate a show because of one character?

ZeroMajor12 - May 20

20 by DX_impulse »»
11 minutes ago

» What's the most interesting thing that came out of an anime girl's mouth?

Catalano - Yesterday

23 by Spunkert »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you take screenshots of Anime ( 1 2 )

ST63LTH - May 5

67 by Joshhhp »»
16 minutes ago

» Anyone ?

lightning_angad7 - May 20

5 by Nothing129 »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.