Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2013
chickenonthepan said:
deadoptimist said:
That scene with the CPR is abysmal. Why captain lets a teenage boy do it, is beyond me (and she just sits nearby). Nah, I understand why (fanservice), but it's just so out of place.
Inaho being suddenly nervous and flustered doesn't help to take it seriously too.

I need some time to recover after this scene to continue watching... But I feel that I'm losing my interest in the series and may be not interested in the second cour. :/

And that "Inaho-san". Damn.
Sorry for venting and sorry to Inaho x Asseylum shippers, but for me the scene was gut-wrenching. In my opinion, their chemistry seems bad.

I have no problem with it though. XD

That's exactly how you do CPR. No fanservice element there.

And it's good when they give Inaho some characterization.

I agree with the guy above, the captain should've given hime CPR, but obviously inaho would save the day. What annoyed me was when the captain said something along the lines of "whenever it comes to mouth to mouth people become all wussy (not the literal sentence) but what a stupid thing to say.

When a life (especially one you want to save) is on the line and you have to give cpr , your not gonna go "they may be dying, but I don't want cooties ewww"

Not to mention giving slaine the white kataphrakt immediately reminded me of suzaku in CG.

OK episode, once again though only 10% plot development
Sep 6, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
Keten said:
Story&Characters:
The CPR didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.. Thank goodness they put a towel over her... However I will get to why it still bothers me as forced/pointless drama...

Man, you're lucky. I've barely survived the scene. And I agree that the way they finished it, there was no pint of making it happen in the shower.

Keten said:
Inaho didn't really emote at all in the situations of this episode. He heard she might be dead and was pretty monotone about it. He seemed worried but there was no urgency in his voice.

Hm, it seemed to me that he was affected by Asseylum being injured, he looked worried when they found her.

Keten said:
Also want to add that Inaho trusting Rayet after she literally strangled her makes no sense because he shot down Slaine after he helped them defeat a knight. Inconsistent

I absolutely agree an this. There is no reason to trust her, and she is obviously dangerous. With him being so calculating he could've let her shoot herself. (Somebody else could've saved her.)
Well, it is possible, that he did it for princess.

Keten said:
HOLY INFO DUMP BATMAN....

Yeah. They are strong in this episode.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisSep 7, 2014 5:33 AM
Sep 6, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
Good episode. I wouldn't be surprised if the friendship between the princess and Inaho turns into romance.
Sep 6, 2014 11:47 AM

May 2012
jdbe said:
chickenonthepan said:

I have no problem with it though. XD

That's exactly how you do CPR. No fanservice element there.

And it's good when they give Inaho some characterization.

I agree with the guy above, the captain should've given hime CPR, but obviously inaho would save the day. What annoyed me was when the captain said something along the lines of "whenever it comes to mouth to mouth people become all wussy (not the literal sentence) but what a stupid thing to say.

When a life (especially one you want to save) is on the line and you have to give cpr , your not gonna go "they may be dying, but I don't want cooties ewww"

Not to mention giving slaine the white kataphrakt immediately reminded me of suzaku in CG.

OK episode, once again though only 10% plot development

She was saying that kids these days don't take CPR lessons seriously. And it's fucking true. Am i the only fuck that is paying attention ? She even precisely said that kids don't take it seriously.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 6, 2014 11:49 AM

May 2012
03:56 naisu sekkusu shiin

04:13 dat aftersex face

04:56 Rayet looks hot in that outfit

05:44 so she's a half huh

07:51 shoot already, u've already killed her once

08:50 he wants u to be part of his harem, that's all

16:31 LOOOOL

17:22 the hole coincidentally fits it huh

19:34 dat chibiko

22:01 NOOOO

Too short.
7.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 6, 2014 11:49 AM
Jan 2014
I can't believe the whole invasion that Saazbaum plotted was backed up by such a crappy cliched motive. It's not like the viewer could care about the loss of his precious Orlene. That's yet another major letdown.

Even though I didn't really like the CPR scene myself, at least it felt natural due to Inaho's lack of emotions. I was expecting to see a lot of awkwardness, but even Eddelrittuo managed to stay relatively calm.

This anime had bad writing in its core, ever since the beginning. Nothing is a surprise to me at this point.
Sep 6, 2014 11:51 AM
Jul 2011
Princess gives the question of let's continue to always be friends to Inaho-san.

Who were the non-believers that claimed I was wrong? Who? Who? Because I was right, as I was right with Inaho's reasons too.

Neesan/Shippers: 0
Me: 2.

Bonus to anyone thinking Slaine loves the Princess, his profile says he admires her as his Savior. It's not romance either, so can we stop with the shipping?

Darzana was lovely this episode. Count Evil's wife has Tsurime eyes like Slaine...
Sep 6, 2014 11:52 AM

Nov 2012
Inaho is so kewl. Good job!!

Also, I'm so loving the ed song aliez <3
Sep 6, 2014 11:56 AM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:
Princess gives the question of let's continue to always be friends to Inaho-san.

Who were the non-believers that claimed I was wrong? Who? Who? Because I was right, as I was right with Inaho's reasons too.

Bonus to anyone thinking Slaine loves the Princess, his profile says he admires her as his Savior. It's not romance either, so can we stop with the shipping?

Darzana was lovely this episode. Count Evil's wife has Tsurime eyes like Slaine...

Here I am.

Ok, you are right that Hime is the one who want to be friend. But that because you know Japanese. @@

But I can read in Inaho's face and action that he cares about Asseylum. If you read only his words, well, to bad but you don't think about it. The more he denies it, the more he confirms that he cares about her.

You said Inaho doesn't give sh** about Hime. And you are wrong...

Rewatch the episode and step down from your cloud nine...
Sep 6, 2014 11:56 AM
Jul 2011
chickenonthepan said:
HopeLight said:

Here I am.

Ok, you are right that Hime is the one who want to be friend. But that because you know Japanese. @@

But I can read in Inaho's face and action that he cares about Asseylum. If you read only his words, well, to bad but you don't think about it. The more he denies it, the more he confirms that he cares about her.

You said Inaho doesn't give sh** about Hime. And you are wrong...

Rewatch the episode and step down from your cloud nine...

I'm magnanimous and I forgive you, my child.

I didn't say he didn't care about her life, he needed her, but from now on he'll care for her because BFFS after the friends declaration scene. I was exaggerating because the shippers after his sister's mistranslated observation remarks were annoying me.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisSep 7, 2014 5:43 AM
Sep 6, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2012
NO NO NO NO NO NO

I am the person who voted the "hated it"! And I question why the rest of you didn't.

When the princess was strangled I both loved it and hated it. I hated her dying because she's such a lovable character and I really felt attached, but I loved it because it was unexpected and showed some serious character in Rayet and it could go ANYWHERE from there.

At least, that's what I thought. Okay sure princess lives, THAT'S OKAY. The plot can do that and still be believable. Then Rayet steps out and everything goes to shit. We have a scene at gunpoint and okay escalation what's Rayet going to do? I was expecting Inaho to rush in and incapacitate her because at this point he should be absolutely furious. Even if he doesn't look furious, he should be more pissed off than anyone on the planet right now.

So the problem starts is when the medic team arrives. I don't like how that scene ordering them there was handled, btw. Princess was strangled and you're calm and all like "we need a medical team" and not "JESUS WE NEED A MED TEAM RIGHT NOW AT X", although I could have settled for "Medical emergency at X!" You don't wait around for them to ASK you where to send the team. My god a captain? How did she ever make the rank with command skills so bloody incompetent.

So anyway THAT rant aside. Now back to the actual scene where the medic team arrives. Rayet points the gun at them and then TURNS HER BACK and points the gun back at the unarmed group. At the point she had her back turned to Inaho I swore I thought he was going to rush her, but he had a brief moment of stupidity, or maybe he couldn't make it in time, so I'll let that slide.

BUT JESUS WHY DIDNT THE MEDIC TEAM SHOOT HER? Right in the skull from only a few meters away is an easy shot for any one of the two combat seasoned soldiers. I was literally screaming at my monitor going, "NO NO SHOOT HER IN THE HEAD DO IT."

To my surprise the medic team demonstrates complete tactical incompetence and proceeds TO DO NOTHING despite having every opportunity.

Next, they actually let the princess go out and see the person who just tried to kill her. I mean the princess is a hopeless idealist so I'll let that go, but WHY WOULD YOU LET HER? INAHO WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? THAT IS THE VERY ANTITHESIS OF WHAT WOULD BE THE LOGICAL THING TO DO. He might as well just been screaming, "HODOR! HODOR!"

So they actually let the princess walk up to and distract Rayet while the medic team continues to be COMPLETE MORONS AND DO NOTHING. I was begging for a bullet flying through her head at this point, but NO SUCH CIGAR.

Instead, for some stupid reason, when she fires at the princess, everyone, including soldiers who have had serious training, just let her have her way when any person with even the slightest hint of combat experience would tell you that at that point, she would be dropped. I mean she would have been dropped before with a dozen holes from multiple guns, but I mean even if she were in a good tactical position, the moment Rayet fired would spell her immediate doom.

She points the gun at her head and I'm going, "Good god finally yes let's just end this stupidity."

And then ASDL:KALWKEMTLKAWMETL:Aewsmaelwska;wemlt;awe

LIKE HOLY CRAP INAHO COMES OUT OF NO WHERE AND STOPS HER AND I AM LIKE JESUS CHRIST INAHO YOU ARE OFFICIALLY THE STUPIDEST CHARACTER ON THE ENTIRE SHOW. But I calm down and go, "Fine, maybe he wanted to interrogate her." That's perfectly logical.

Then. THEN. He gives her back the gun.

I DONT EVEN KNOW. LIKE THIS IS SUCH A BREAK OF INAHO'S CHARACTER AT THIS POINT. He does the most illogical and idiotic thing you could possibly do in this situation and all the while I'm getting the feeling that this Rayet girl is going to have a change of heart and become a good guy aww that's nice and omg please just die. The writer who did this needs to be shot multiple times. Was it in the manga? I hope not. The series is officially ruined for me from here. I kept watching for god knows what reason.

Rayet apparently has such godlike plot armor that other characters will do something that defies everything that they are to stop her from killing herself. Characters become drooling idiots around her.

This is it. This is the final straw. I can't bear to finish this series like this. Maybe I'll cool off and try to finish it. I've finished worse series (although I do not know if any anime I've seen ever had a scene this bad). At this point I can't even finish the episode. I can't bear it. My kokoro cannot bear this disappointment.

MAYBE it can be salvaged if it's revealed Rayet is really a mind controller that bends people to her will. Short of that I don't think this can be saved. Ever.
SakuriruSep 6, 2014 12:07 PM
Sep 6, 2014 12:04 PM
Mar 2014
Okay, time to answer a few things...

1) The CPR was done correctly. They were very much in luck though.

2) For those bashing Inaho for not letting the captain take over the CPR: the trick to CPR is keeping on regular but fast pace, simulating the beating of the heart at a slow to regular pace. It isn't 100% effective, since no human can completely for a prolonged period keep up the necessary pace, but the princess came back relative quick.
Under NO circumstance you'll force someone out of applying CPR - that is tetramount to killing the one receiving the CPR.

3) The shower as the scene, while perhaps frownable upon, is logical in a sense. With those cramped quarters, even with such a 'skeleton crew' as the ship seems to have, suddenly walking up to someone to strangle them is going to be stopped.
Also, the emotional state of Rayet triggered it at that moment - no doubt she was thinking about her dad, and the entrance of the princess triggered her reaction.

4) UNHQ in Russia? Interesting. Judging by the landscape, in Siberia?
Also, re the bunker: I can imagine it was the original launch place for the shuttles to the moon, during the fighting with the Vers Empire. Considering you'll need a big shuttle to house an sizeable force, it's believable that they have such a large bunker - though still IMHO it's pushing it. That battleship is by no means small.

The episode was nice, and some development. But mostly it's an prequel for the upcoming 2 episodes. It was interesting to delve a bit deeper into Saazebaum's motives and history, and I'm keen to know what Slaine will do - take the mech and go to Earth to hide/flee/help the Terrans, or support Saazebaum.

[spoilers]To be honest, I suspect Slaine will join Saazebaum, and will be shot by Asseylum at the end. Hence the tears in her eye during the OP.[/spoilers]
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Sep 6, 2014 12:05 PM

Sep 2013
deadoptimist said:

Hm, it seemed to me that he was affected by Asseylum being injured, he looked worried when they found her.

Not really... At least not to me. He seemed like typical Inaho, jumping in to save the day without emoting much. It's hard to tell I guess since his motivations, likes and dislikes are so unclear and we get no insight into what he is thinking at all... Plus it wasn't exactly something I felt was a massive flaw on the episode, I was just sort of pointing out that he hasn't changed at all.

deadoptimist said:

I absolutely agree an this. There is no reason to trust her, and she is obviously dangerous. With him being so calculating he could've let her shoot herself. (Somebody else could've saved her.)
Well, it is possible, that he did it for princess.

That's just it though... The reason he would have done it for the Princess is because he let her talk. The conversation between Slaine and Inaho back then was so awkwardly scripted. Like neither wanted to give each other a chance. Rayet is a girl who openly admitted that she wanted to kill the Princess and even attempted to... What did Slaine do? Oh, he just saved them last minute from a Knight and helped take it down completely. Idunno, it's really odd to me. Plus, it was forced anyway because Inaho should have gone to capture him at the very least, if he did that then I wouldn't even have this problem.

BenMS said:

3) The shower as the scene, while perhaps frownable upon, is logical in a sense. With those cramped quarters, even with such a 'skeleton crew' as the ship seems to have, suddenly walking up to someone to strangle them is going to be stopped.
Also, the emotional state of Rayet triggered it at that moment - no doubt she was thinking about her dad, and the entrance of the princess triggered her reaction.

I don't think so... They didn't even have to have the Princess almost die to issue the scenes they did. It was just overly dramatic for the sake of it. The ship crashing amounted to nothing. All they had to do was have Rayet steal a gun and point it at the Princess and it would have caused the same exact things without unnecessary nakedness, drawn out rescue sequence and ship crashing cliff hanger for the sake of having a ship crashing cliff hanger.
KetenSep 6, 2014 12:09 PM
Sep 6, 2014 12:05 PM
Oct 2010
So how did Marito and the Deucalion (mech) survive that blast on the island?
Sep 6, 2014 12:06 PM

Apr 2008
skudoops said:

Well trillram's unit survived meteor bombardment too. As for Marito, I'd say devil's luck or he had already somehow evacuated by that point.
Sep 6, 2014 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:

I didn't say he didn't care about her life, he needed her, but from now on he'll care for her because BFFS after the friends declaration scene. I was exaggerating because the shippers after his sister's mistranslated observation remarks were annoying me.

I don't need your forgiveness... And I'm not your child...

If that's what you mean, your use of language annoy me.

You said specifically that: "Inaho doesn't give sh** about the princess. He uses her as a tool to end the war."

How am I suppose to understand that?

But no problem, you always change so fast.
Sep 6, 2014 12:08 PM
Mar 2014
skudoops said:

Good question. I hope the writers didn't place themselves in an impossible twist here...

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Sep 6, 2014 12:11 PM

Jun 2013
Keten said:

The CPR didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.. Thank goodness they put a towel over her... However I will get to why it still bothers me as forced/pointless drama...

The scene that follows with Rayet threatening them and the Princess and her vent their feelings to one another. Okay fine, it shows the characters admitting their mistakes... even if the Princess already did so.
Why did it have to be a naked strangling though? It's not like it being in the shower had any relevance at all. Since it all amounted to her pointing a gun at them and venting her feelings it could have easily just been a scene where she steals a gun and points it at the Princess in the halls or a room or somewhere else, fully clothed. Then they could have the exact same scene, except without the CPR, or naked strangling in the shower. The Princess is perfectly healthy, so that's all that happened was Rayet venting her feelings. Seems like a cheap way to make a cliffhanger to me because the ship crashing amounted to absolutely no drama just pointlessly dragging out this episode by having a scene where they vague describe what happened and that they fixed it somehow.

Yeah the whole CPR/Shower scene felt anticlimactic? There was a huge cliffhanger about Rayet possibly being a coldhearted killer and the princess dying, but this episode shows that Rayet was just being immature and princess is tough enough to be resuscitated after being breathless for a dangerous amount of time. Everything's too convenient.

Keten said:
Inaho didn't really emote at all in the situations of this episode. He heard she might be dead and was pretty monotone about it. He seemed worried but there was no urgency in his voice. No change at all but hey, what do you expect from a guy who is absolutely unaffected by seeing his friend completely disintegrated in front of him. Also want to add that Inaho trusting Rayet after she literally strangled her makes no sense because he shot down Slaine after he helped them defeat a knight. Inconsistent.

Haha seriously. Inaho's action this episode leads me to believe Inaho shot Slaine not only because he distrusted him but because the writers didn't want Slaine reuniting with the princess. In other words, in this case and in Slaine's case, the writers went with the solution that was most convenient for them.

Keten said:
Princess doesn't really go through any building here either. She says she's sad that her attempts at making peace just made things worse but it really didn't amount to anything, she's still a 1-dimensional goody goody.

The princess was fine in my opinion, but I groaned when Rayet said the whole "Why are you crying for me? I'm supposed to be your killer!" since I've seen that kind of development several times before.

Keten said:
HOLY INFO DUMP BATMAN.... No seriously... the details of the Vers Empire's civilians given by Saazbaum went by so quickly it was impossible for me to care. Something about.. the water drying up.. and there not being enough resources.. and there was propaganda that blamed Earth.. Idunno, couldn't follow it.

They sat in a video room so that Saazbaum could lecture Slaine about the past for 3-4 minutes. That's just lazy writing and not creative at all.

Keten said:
Saazbaum get's a bit more backdrop too, seeing the time where his fiance died. Didn't really leave an impact with me because I barely knew her and we didn't really see Saazbaum react to it much but at least it's there. I also like his dedication to the debt he has to Slaine's father, offering him the choice to go to Earth or stay by his side... Truth be told... I don't really see why he has to think about this. He very clearly loves the Princess and if he sticks with Saazbaum then he is helping the people who want to kill the Princess... Maybe I could believe him going with Saazbaum if they showed an inner struggle with Slaine though and ultimately decided that Saazbaum had good points that overshadow his love for the Princess.

How convenient though that the base where everyone gathers at just so happened to be one of the ones that Saazbaums allies have control over. I guess that means this war is gonna go on longer. How unlucky for them right? No really, this was actually an asspull because there was no foreshadowing to it beforehand and all it does is extend the series for longer than it had to be. Both plot convenience and an asspull.

This episode was all about convenience on the writers' part and it's really starting to take the fun out of the story.
Sep 6, 2014 12:12 PM

Aug 2010
The reasoning Inaho gives to keep rayet alive is retarded

1. Your enemies are my enemies
(same as slaine)

2. You fought alongisde us
(same as slaine)

but in slaine's case, he shot him down and left him to die but rayet, he gives her the gun
(which with a quick movement could have disabled Inaho, used his body to block the sister's line of fire, relaoded and shot the princess)
So random girl who just tried to kill the princess is some how better than someone who just helped you stave off the martians and brings some air power along.

I just can;t get that logic

Also CPR cannot revive someone with a stopped heart, need the defib and after the heart restarts, you don;t need to continue CPR

Clearing the lungs of fluid is a different procedure than normal CPR

Also, CPR often damages the ribs as well
Sep 6, 2014 12:12 PM
Mar 2014
Keten said:
BenMS said:

I don't think so... They didn't even have to have the Princess almost die to issue the scenes they did. It was just overly dramatic for the sake of it. The ship crashing amounted to nothing. All they had to do was have Rayet steal a gun and point it at the Princess and it would have caused the same exact things without unnecessary nakedness, drawn out rescue sequence and ship crashing cliff hanger for the sake of having a ship crashing cliff hanger.

You missed the part where I mentioned the emotional state of Raynet.
Sure, it's being a lot of dramatic for dramatism' sake, but is it anywhere else in any series? Only in real life people will act differently, in series for amusement or whatever you're watching/playing/(w.e.) for, it will always be different because most people do so for the sake of forgetting an RL situation for a while.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Sep 6, 2014 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
So Cruhteo is actually dead? :-( That makes me kind of sad.

On the other hand, Seylum is still alive (was expecting that really), and Inaho seems to actually give a fuck... so that's good I guess.

CaptainKatsuuraSep 6, 2014 12:22 PM
Sep 6, 2014 12:15 PM
Oct 2010
Darklight0303 said:
skudoops said:

Well trillram's unit survived meteor bombardment too. As for Marito, I'd say devil's luck or he had already somehow evacuated by that point.

It was under water though.
Sep 6, 2014 12:15 PM
Dec 2013
Let the urobutchering begin.
Sep 6, 2014 12:16 PM
Mar 2014
stickmansam said:

(same as slaine)

(same as slaine)

but in slaine's case, he shot him down and left him to die but rayet, he gives her the gun
(which with a quick movement could have disabled Inaho, used his body to block the sister's line of fire, relaoded and shot the princess)
So random girl who just tried to kill the princess is some how better than someone who just helped you stave off the martians and brings some air power along.

Also CPR cannot revive someone with a stopped heart, need the defib and after the heart restarts, you don;t need to continue CPR

You forget the part where Slaine was being an idiot by directly firing at Inaho. Also, who will you trust faster: someone who's been with you the whole time at the ship, and supported with situations from time to time, or someone who helped you in a situation, but whom you don't know?
Re CPR - don't forget that the pulse can be too faint to feel. She wasn't braindead yet. As for the ribs, sure can hurt like hell, but depends also a bit. Bones can take more then you imagine.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)

Apr 2012
BenMS said:
Keten said:

Sure, it's being a lot of dramatic for dramatism' sake, but is it anywhere else in any series? Only in real life people will act differently, in series for amusement or whatever you're watching/playing/(w.e.) for, it will always be different because most people do so for the sake of forgetting an RL situation for a while.

RL people definitely don't act differently. What Rayet did was completely and totally believable and could happen in real life. She is suffering from a serious mental illness.

Sep 2011
omg everyone who was so sure the princess died last episode must be so shocked ,I can't believe she really survived. Don't worry guys I have another secret Santa isn't real either. Also how much you wanna bet in the end Rayet Areash will get let free with no repercussions for the shit she pulled. I mean technically isn't she enemy of the world now and deserves to be executed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2014
Everyoneone missed the similarity between Inaho and Saazbaum's actions: You are free to do what you want, we are friends or enemies, it's your choice.

Inaho and Saazbaum may regret their action later. We will see about that.

They motto seem so alike for me.
Sep 6, 2014 12:17 PM

Jun 2013
The first part with Rayet just felt overdramatic and cliche. The exploration of Vers' history intrigues me however. I am also surprised how faithful the show is to real life. It is theorized that Mars once had atmosphere like Earth and that Earth will end up like Mars one day after all. I believe that they mentioned once that Mars had to primarily sustain on plankton and algae, which was actually a viable option after WWII, as it was cheap and easy to mass produce.

And as a history fanatic, I just couldn't miss the fact that Vers is invading Russia. YOU NEVER INVADE RUSSIA! Napoleon and Hitler can attest to that.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Sep 6, 2014 12:19 PM
Mar 2014
Sacrieur said:
BenMS said:

RL people definitely don't act differently. What Rayet did was completely and totally believable and could happen in real life. She is suffering from a serious mental illness.

I prolly should rephrase it a bit - the scene itself was believable.
But what Keten says is different. He thinks the scene is out-of-place. His opinion is valid of course, but I wished to point a few things out.

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)

Nov 2011
i like competent MC's
Hate Keeps me warm

Sep 2013
BenMS said:

I didn't miss that at all. They didn't need to have her in the shower or if it was unavoidable, they didn't need to have the assassination happen in the shower. She could have those emotional states somewhere else and she could have just stolen a gun and pointed it at the Princess. Threatening her is enough to get her locked up and it would have still been enough drama to cause their feelings to spill out.

I am saying that they could have written it in a way that didn't have fan service and didn't have the drama drawn out. Nor did it have to build up with a gigantic cliff hanger that ultimately amounted to nothing at all.
Sep 6, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2012
BenMS said:
stickmansam said:

(same as slaine)

(same as slaine)

You forget the part where Slaine was being an idiot by directly firing at Inaho. Also, who will you trust faster: someone who's been with you the whole time at the ship, and supported with situations from time to time, or someone who helped you in a situation, but whom you don't know?
Re CPR - don't forget that the pulse can be too faint to feel. She wasn't braindead yet. As for the ribs, sure can hurt like hell, but depends also a bit. Bones can take more then you imagine.

No he's basically spot on in his critique.

Would you really trust someone who just jeopardized the entire ship full of people not to mention the war? If so you're retarded.

The brain can survive without oxygen for some period of time, around four minutes before brain damage occurs. It's completely believable they made it in time. Bones are strong, but CPR is supposed to be done as if you're going to break their ribs. She could have some rib damage.
Sep 6, 2014 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
Sacrieur said:
This is it. This is the final straw. I can't bear to finish this series like this. Maybe I'll cool off and try to finish it. I've finished worse series (although I do not know if any anime I've seen ever had a scene this bad). At this point I can't even finish the episode. I can't bear it. My kokoro cannot bear this disappointment.

MAYBE it can be salvaged if it's revealed Rayet is really a mind controller that bends people to her will. Short of that I don't think this can be saved. Ever.

I feel your pain! It took me 4 to 5 attempts to finish that scene, and then I had to calm down for a while to continue watching.
I agree that three adult soldiers doing nothing, even though she turned away from them, was inexcusably stupid.
Sep 6, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2012
deadoptimist said:
Sacrieur said:

I feel your pain! It took me 4 to 5 attempts to finish that scene, and then I had to calm down for a while to continue watching.
I agree that three adult soldiers doing nothing, even though she turned away from them, was inexcusably stupid.

In real life if you're in a stand off and so much as reach for a gun, you're dropped. That's what soldiers are trained to do.
Sep 6, 2014 12:24 PM
Feb 2014
Inaho's reason to shoot down Slaine?
It's clear now! He just NTR'ed Slaine

But got Freindzoned anyways xP
Sep 6, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2010
Sacrieur said:
deadoptimist said:

In real life if you're in a stand off and so much as reach for a gun, you're dropped. That's what soldiers are trained to do.

I had to clam down and make my lunch before I could finish the first part XD
Sep 6, 2014 12:31 PM

Aug 2009
iFourier said:
I'm shipping inhao and princess.

My ship has sailed with this episode! I like them together. But this isn't romance :(
Really people have complained about the captain letting Inaho perform CPR? really. He seemed to know what he was doing also he was the first person to start while the captain went to get supplies. So there was really no reason for her to take over in my opinion. He did just fine and what he did worked. I'm glad the princess is alive, now whats going to happen next!?

Sep 6, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
that save o.0 inaho, good job! seylumxinaho will be great, i wonder in the end it will be romance XD

now slaine is free to join earth or martian, will it be better to skip next week so i'll watch last episodes withouth cliffhanger? damn curious though
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Sep 6, 2014 12:32 PM

Oct 2011
I liked this episode, it had a bit of everything, and Slaine is finally getting back into the plot.

I wonder what Slaine will do in the coming battle, will he join Saazbaum's army, then betray him? Flee to start with?

Even the first actual plothole in this show is only 50% proven. That is: How did Marito survive what killed Orlane? This will only be an actual plothole if the time between Marito's mercy killing and tank escape is close enough to Heaven's Fall to remove chance of escape. We still don't know how much time passed between the two, so he may have joined the remains of his battalion and escaped before Heaven's Fall.

Ah well, good ep, 8/10.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Sep 6, 2014 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
Inaho saved the Princess. It was good to see that Princess Asseylum is alive.
Sep 6, 2014 12:34 PM

Oct 2013
stickmansam said:

(same as slaine)

(same as slaine)

Do you even now how to do a CPR? so please stop posting bullshit. He was doing it right. You do a defib. then 30 compressions and Mouth breathing then again defib.
Sep 6, 2014 12:35 PM
Jul 2011
chickenonthepan said:
HopeLight said:

I don't need your forgiveness... And I'm not your child...

If that's what you mean, your use of language annoy me.

You said specifically that: "Inaho doesn't give sh** about the princess. He uses her as a tool to end the war."

How am I suppose to understand that?

But no problem, you always change so fast.

What is a joke.

Using her indicates her needs her, so he does care to keep her alive. From now on, it's personal as friend. That's what I said, just to mock at people taking Yuki-nee's remarks seriously when they weren't.

Anyone hoping Inaho descends from Count Evil can't do math, because he was born before the Heavens Fall event that year (during February). I'll repeat it again, if it wasn't clear here, his profile already stated both of his biological parents were killed during Heavens Fall and he was raised by his sister Yuki, who was six at time -doesn't make sense- They had a hard life.

Inko's family provided them a lot of food because they ran a restaurant.
Sep 6, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
ahhhhh, inaho x the princess. fuck out the wayyyy, slaine.
anyway, shits about to go down.
Sep 6, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:

What is a joke.

Using her indicates her needs her, so he does care to keep her alive. From now on, it's personal as friend. That's what I said, just to mock at people taking Yuki-nee's remarks seriously when they weren't.

Anyone hoping Inaho descends from Count Evil can't do math, because he was born before the Heavens Fall event that year (during February). I'll repeat it again, if it wasn't clear here, his profile already stated both of his biological parents were killed during Heavens Fall and he was raised by his sister Yuki, who was six at time -doesn't make sense- They had a hard life.

Inko's family provided them a lot of food because they ran a restaurant.

Ok, mister.

Now you say that your words are just for mocking. And you never said that they will be friend. You are always focusing on the tern "using". You are a joke yourself.

And we can speculate as we want, you have no right to stop us... We are trying to make the story more interesting. So plz shut up and live with your HimeXDeath shipping. Oh, you must be disappointed now that Hime is totally fine, no death or coma.

Tell me Heaven's Fall is in which month of 1999? Don't know, right? Don't pick a random month. Give me a link.

Yeah, and that "doesn't make sense" information makes people think that there is something hidden in his profile. A 6 years old girl can't rise an infant.
Just_ChickenSep 6, 2014 12:49 PM
Sep 6, 2014 1:07 PM

Oct 2007
Is it me or does Saazbaums actions kind of not make any sort of sense. So other than his wife's death in the Heaven's Fall which we don't even know the cause of yet the system has clearly worked for him to be able to get to the position he's in and apparently now he's decided that because that happened 15 years ago and Vers is corrupt and sold a war under false pretenses to them he must now too sell a war to people under false pretenses and Earth must suffer for it and be conquered or destroyed or whatever. Like wut?!

It was an effort at making a less one dimensional Martian character but his actions really don't match well with his back story nor does anything that happened to him in the past really justify this whole hair-brained convoluted princess assassination scheme to restart hostilities. He already has the ear of the emperor anyway, why not try to carry out his revenge that way if it's so important to him. He could have just offed the guy in his bed for the utter lack of guards that were posted around him back in episode 6. Not much adding up here with the guy this week.
Sep 6, 2014 1:08 PM

Jul 2014
Finally finished watching it. Nope, no decisive development for Inaho detected.

Novostal'sk, hmm? I thought that they would go with a real city (on Animesuki they spoke of Novosibirsk). I checked Novostal'sk, but could fine only a village in Dagestan with that name.
They have hammer and sickle painted on the landing site, so either this is supposed to be a cold war era shelter or Russians still are building communism in their universe.

The writing is getting worse and worse. Young Saazbaum shouting the name of his beloved was too cliche and facepalm-worthy.

Tharsis, not Nikoleras then. Yeah, I thought that the name "Tharsis" was too cool for the mecha herself not to appear. Though honestly I couldn't understand why Saazbaum was saying that Cruhteo had been unworthy of it. Also it is kinda strange that he can salvage a kat from someone else's castle. Had Cruhteo been the last knight not involved in the conspiracy? Or do knights not have any qualms with ploundering possessions of one of their own? Strange.
Also it was a bit unclear, why he showed Tharsis to Slaine. Did he really give her to Slaine? In that case why give him something as powerful as a full count's kat? And does Slaine even have the power of aldnoah? (Well, he did pilot the sky-carrier, but we didn't see him activating an orb and he is definitely not a knight.)

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Is it me or does Saazbaums actions kind of not make any sort of sense.

He could want to take revenge on everyone - to take Earth with its reach resources and then make the Emperor suffer. But I agree that the way it was put this episode (with emphasis on revenge for his girlfriend) it makes little sense. He is intelligent enouh to understand that martians are to blame, but kills terrans. And he could do better with his high position in their society.
deadoptimistSep 6, 2014 1:15 PM
Sep 6, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2013
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Also....

I shot you down Slaine because you could be a danger for the princess
Nah, you are cool Rayet despite what you just did
Either the writing in this show is awful or Inaho is thinking with his dick.
he shot down slain because he thought of him as a threat to his group.
Sep 6, 2014 1:14 PM

Feb 2014
You guys should really google what NTR actually means.

Actually good episode, I enjoyed it. Keten can't get over the scene in showers. :D

stickmansam said:

(same as slaine)

(same as slaine)

Your reasoning is retarded and you don't know what CPR is.

In the first place Slaine pointed the guns at Inaho first and to Inaho, he was an unknown martian who randomly came to help but afterwards threatened him so why would he hesitate to shoot him down?

Rayet was with Inaho's group for a long time and helped them a couple times. So you would obviously trust her more than some random martian. Although I cringed when Inaho gave the gun back to her.However, from a different point of view, it can be also interpreted as a psychological gesture to calm her down by showing a trust in her and giving a feeling that she isn't alone. Presumably preventing any other mischievous attempts.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Sep 6, 2014 1:15 PM
Dec 2010
Up until episode 9 I liked the show, quite much actually. However looking at this one... worst kind of bullcrap and stupidity there is in anime industry. If it was the first episode of the series i'd probably drop it right away....
Sep 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Is it me or does Saazbaums actions kind of not make any sort of sense. So other than his wife's death in the Heaven's Fall which we don't even know the cause of yet the system has clearly worked for him to be able to get to the position he's in and apparently now he's decided that because that happened 15 years ago and Vers is corrupt and sold a war under false pretenses to them he must now too sell a war to people under false pretenses and Earth must suffer for it and be conquered or destroyed or whatever. Like wut?!

It was an effort at making a less one dimensional Martian character but his actions really don't match well with his back story nor does anything that happened to him in the past really justify this whole hair-brained convoluted princess assassination scheme to restart hostilities. He already has the ear of the emperor anyway, why not try to carry out his revenge that way if it's so important to him. He could have just offed the guy in his bed for the utter lack of guards that were posted around him back in episode 6. Not much adding up here with the guy this week.

I agree with you... I guess what he's trying to do is... Save the Martian people...? Idunno... To be quite honest I have been demanding more info on the Vers Empire side of things but they glossed over it giving the entire history so fast that I couldn't even follow it so it amounted to me not really understanding his motives... He hates the Earth.. but also hates the Vers Empire... So he is attacking the Earth... In the name of the Vers Empire... Will he... Attack the Vers Empire next? I hope they explain it a bit more but for some reason I feel like that is all the explanation they are going to offer.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.