Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 1, 2014 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
This show has horrible animation.

The characters look decent, but they hardly move, and literally everything that isnt a character or a background is 3d cgi.

And the CGI in this show is fucking appaulingly bad.

I mean, horrible.

Watch modern shows made by Sunrise or Polygon Pictures and then watch this shit.

The mechs slide around like fucking cubes and the best was that CGI APC truck thing that slid around that corner like a cardboard box.

This show has terrible animation. Apparently all you need to have good animation these days is bright colors and Mika Kobiyashi singing in german.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 1, 2014 8:52 PM

Mar 2013
Well, you see, the problem is, nobody even knows what animation is.

It's like asking what are birds.

We just don't know.
Sep 1, 2014 8:52 PM

Sep 2011
Didn't you make this thread ages ago when the PV aired?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Sep 1, 2014 8:54 PM

Jun 2013
fst said:

It's like asking what are birds.

We just don't know.

Now where have I heard that before?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2014 8:56 PM

Oct 2013
It doesn't look half as bad as you are making it out. It's not great, but it certainly isn't bad either.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Sep 1, 2014 9:00 PM
Nov 2008
just watch sidonia ffs, no idea why everyone is fawning over this while they all never bothered with sidonia.

Sep 1, 2014 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
dity said:
just watch sidonia ffs, no idea why everyone is fawning over this while they all never bothered with sidonia.

Did you not see me mention polygon pictures?

Lime_ said:

I said the mechs looked stupid.

The mechs look stupid in a lot of shows that have decent animation.

This show has bad animation pretty much all around. There isnt any movement in the 2d characters, and the CGI is laughably low quality.

It isnt much better than Argevollen, and thats saying something.
Sep 1, 2014 9:33 PM

Aug 2014
Polygon Pictures are pros when it comes to CG animation. They've even won a fucking Emmy and Annie award for it. A-1 however is not.

Sidonia was a lot more visually stunning than Aldnoah.Zero, and to be honest I also found it to be overall more visually stunning than most anime these days. Also it was possibly the best mecha anime we've had in quite a while.

As Hideo Kojima said, Knights of Sidonia brought the cool back into anime and that dude rarely praises Japanese shit.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-06-20/metal-gear-hideo-kojima-praises-knights-of-sidonia-anime/.75701
FoxfireSep 2, 2014 4:37 AM
Sep 2, 2014 2:50 AM

Mar 2013
'Cause people call Rail Wars good animation
Sep 2, 2014 2:58 AM

Aug 2014
It has good animation if you compare to much other shows. My only problem is the K-on faces that make the show a little more "childish" If you compare to argevollen show. (Low budget on animation thou) But the character are more "adult" like in my opinion.
Sep 2, 2014 3:28 AM

Mar 2014
I don't know what you're talking about, the animation is fine. At least the character animation is, the CGI is a bit meh
Sep 2, 2014 3:33 AM

Sep 2011
I don't see this show being lauded for it's animation anywhere, where did you get this? -- also, most people I talk to dislike the show anyway, dunno why I'm enjoying it but w/e, why does this thread even exist?
AversaSep 2, 2014 8:00 AM

Sep 2, 2014 3:34 AM

Jan 2014
Appauling.

I'm appauled.

List good animation then.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2014 3:39 AM

Dec 2013
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
This show has horrible animation.

The characters look decent, but they hardly move, and literally everything that isnt a character or a background is 3d cgi.

And the CGI in this show is fucking appaulingly bad.

I mean, horrible.

Watch modern shows made by Sunrise or Polygon Pictures and then watch this shit.

The mechs slide around like fucking cubes and the best was that CGI APC truck thing that slid around that corner like a cardboard box.

This show has terrible animation. Apparently all you need to have good animation these days is bright colors and Mika Kobiyashi singing in german.

I am not sure are you just spreading your unconventional ideas and opinions or are you just looking for some attention? What you wrote is beyond ridiculous and I almost died from laughter. :D Would love to see some examples of good animation. And why are you even watching this if the animation is so vomit inducing?
Sep 2, 2014 4:28 AM

May 2012
I don't even know how people can tell the difference between good animation and bad animation ? Do you look carefully at the video and start analyzing it to tell the difference ?

You say the characters hardly move ?! I didn't even notice that. Maybe, because I'm concentrating on the story and dialog, not on how much characters move.

Aldnoah.Zero visuals looks great to me when I look at it, and watch it, and it one of the best in this season. Thats all what matters. I don't spend hours like you objectively analyzing how much characters move, or how much CGI it has ! Also, the anime has decent story compared to other mecha, and thats more important in my opinion.
thepathSep 2, 2014 4:52 AM
Sep 2, 2014 4:30 AM
Nov 2008
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
dity said:

Did you not see me mention polygon pictures?

Lime_ said:

I said the mechs looked stupid.

The mechs look stupid in a lot of shows that have decent animation.

This show has bad animation pretty much all around. There isnt any movement in the 2d characters, and the CGI is laughably low quality.

It isnt much better than Argevollen, and thats saying something.
more effort was put into sidonia.
Sep 2, 2014 5:15 AM

Jul 2014
It is a good animation, no brilliant but still good. And do you have a problem? Creating 5 threads about AZ to same bashing intencion... troll.
Sep 2, 2014 5:43 AM

Jan 2009
People have different opinions, you should have learned that more than enough, especially in the past few years, which are full of haters.

I personally don't like the art in most of the recent shows, but I never complain about it, because I know that the art isn't bad, I only have a different taste.
Sep 2, 2014 5:58 AM

Mar 2013
Sidonia is the top
Sep 2, 2014 7:38 AM

Jan 2014
revengerofdeath said:
'Cause people call Rail Wars good animation
No,Rail Wars is not good animation,it has a lot of weird scenes where people has tiny heads,weird arms,small bodies and stuff and by saying a lot i mean more than normal scenes...Glasslip has good animation if you want to compare...

Good animation=Visually Good/Pleasing for eye for me...i cant imagine it having another meaning...If there is another meaning for that please inform me...And Aldnoah Zero has "good" animation(not talking about mecha,other stuff) not 10/10 but good...

Oh,btw another solwy thread...Good to see you again...
Sep 2, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2013
Animation quality isnt subjective.
Sep 2, 2014 9:11 AM

Sep 2011
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
Not with that attitude

Sep 2, 2014 9:26 AM

Jan 2014
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
Unless you are talking about Laws of Nature everything is subjective...We can try to find an objective solution for stuff but its impossible,everyone see world different...The word "GOOD" is a subjective word in the first place,lol
Sep 2, 2014 9:50 AM

Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
Unless you are talking about Laws of Nature everything is subjective...We can try to find an objective solution for stuff but its impossible,everyone see world different...The word "GOOD" is a subjective word in the first place,lol

Animation Quality is determined by speed and quantity of motion.

Neither of those values are subjective.
Sep 2, 2014 10:03 AM

Jan 2014
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
LonelyWizard said:

Yes,but you are missing the point...Beer can also determined with a thing called "Litre" , for me 1 litre is not enough but you may say its too much for you...Can you define me the quantity and the speed motion values of Aldnoah Zero?Is there a exact number accepted by mankind?If the "speed and quantity of motion" is below that number it is considered bad animation?

Stop being in denial for a second and think please...At least try to think...
Sep 2, 2014 10:06 AM

Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

Yes,but you are missing the point...Beer can also determined with a thing called "Litre" , for me 1 litre is not enough but you may say its too much for you...Can you define me the quantity and the speed motion values of Aldnoah Zero?Is there a exact number accepted by mankind?If the "speed and quantity of motion" is below that number it is considered bad animation?

That isn't a correct argument.

Nobody prefers bad animation, unless it is intentional, which usually isn't really bad animation.

Stop trying to act like this is little league soccer and everyone who plays is doing their best.

Some anime looks like shit and should be held accountable for it.
Sep 2, 2014 10:47 AM
Jul 2014
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

What are you talking about? Always is subjetive. Well if you only refer to mecha desing is your opinion. But the animation and design of the anime in general is really beautiful (Takako Shimura kya!)
Sep 2, 2014 11:02 AM

Jan 2014
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
LonelyWizard said:

That isn't a correct argument.

Nobody prefers bad animation, unless it is intentional, which usually isn't really bad animation.

Stop trying to act like this is little league soccer and everyone who plays is doing their best.

Some anime looks like shit and should be held accountable for it.
FFS im trying to come up with some logical arguments unlike you,you are just being ignorant and repeat yourself...

I will tell it one last time as simple as possible so maybe you can understand

7/10 "speed and quantity of motion" may be GOOD for me but,
7/10 "speed and quantity of motion" may be BAD for you...
Thus Animation quality is subjective.It is subjective if you say animation of Aldnoah Zero is bad while i say it is good,you already proved yourself wrong when you wrote the title of this thread,you would be funny if you werent so annoying...

above 5/10 is good for me
you dont call it good unless its 9/10

Do you know that thing called "anime list" people use on a site called "MAL"?The one people rate same shows with different scores,you remember?

Here i did it again,got into an argument with you...I really wish there was a option not to see some user's comments...You cant win an argument against a dalek...
Sep 2, 2014 11:32 AM

Mar 2013

>SO MUCH MOVEMENT
>Objectively high quality animation.
Sep 2, 2014 11:37 AM

Sep 2011
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

So your beloved knigts of sidonia was crap then?

Sep 2, 2014 11:43 AM
Oct 2010
The animation is fine, the backgrounds have this weird low budget look to them though.
Sep 2, 2014 12:15 PM
Dec 2013
I feel like I'm the only one that never directly has a problem with 3D in anime. Maybe It's because I'm use to it but, I feel like people are biased towards series in some ways that have worst 3D animation then this.
Sep 2, 2014 12:29 PM

Oct 2007
skudoops said:
The animation is fine, the backgrounds have this weird low budget look to them though.

I find the backgrounds in the show are arguably the best looking thing about it, they're pretty detailed and have that run down lived in war worn or fancy castle interior look even if they just look like they were recycled from Gun Gale Online or vice versa. Not nearly as good as most Gundam series but certainly noteworthy by A-1 standards. The problem is they're quite static and the characters with their wide eyed brightly colored simplified for animation A-1 style designs don't really look like they belong in them really and like they're just occupying the space. Its a bit noticeable in some areas of the ships too but especially in the cities and gritty stock yards of some of the early episodes.
Sep 2, 2014 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
another thread for me to get trolled in.

Cant you guys just give your opinion without insulting me for mine?
Sep 2, 2014 2:36 PM

Aug 2014
Hmmm... I have heard that people liked Sidonia's graphics... Personally I dropped the show after two episodes. Couldn't stand 3D. Liked manga very much so I was disappointed.

Parts of it was really good but then the characters looked like they levitated when they were walking. And their faces looked stiff and a bit like plastic. Looked really weird. Unnatural. So I still prefer 2&3D as combo.

That is why Aldnoah appeals to me more. And yes, the 3D isn't astonishing here, but like I said it is the combo I prefer more at this point.
nirunaruSep 2, 2014 2:43 PM
Sep 2, 2014 3:35 PM

Jan 2014
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

i will give you a hint...Dont talk as if your opinions are "facts" so people will act nicer...i tried to overlook your attitude in the past few times but after you repeat that attitude alot of times in different threads you cant expect me to act same towards you...
Sep 2, 2014 3:43 PM

Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

i will give you a hint...Dont talk as if your opinions are "facts" so people will act nicer...i tried to overlook your attitude in the past few times but after you repeat that attitude alot of times in different threads you cant expect me to act same towards you...

Or maybe you could just try and display some decency and not attack other users?

nirunaru said:
Hmmm... I have heard that people liked Sidonia's graphics... Personally I dropped the show after two episodes. Couldn't stand 3D. Liked manga very much so I was disappointed.

Parts of it was really good but then the characters looked like they levitated when they were walking. And their faces looked stiff and a bit like plastic. Looked really weird. Unnatural. So I still prefer 2&3D as combo.

That is why Aldnoah appeals to me more. And yes, the 3D isn't astonishing here, but like I said it is the combo I prefer more at this point.

You hate CGI but you like Aldnoah which is 70 percent CGI. priceless.
Sep 2, 2014 4:01 PM

Aug 2014
Well, like I said. I like the combo. I don't like 100% 3D, it is frankly kind of ugly. It has evolved, but not enough for me to prefer it.

I don't remember giving any numerical data on ratio I like the two combined. ;) And also didn't say I loved Aldnoah. I prefer it over Sidonia given the fact that I'm still watching the show.

So yes I could repeat...your reaction is priceless. ;)
Sep 2, 2014 4:15 PM

Jan 2014
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

Or maybe you could just try and display some decency and not attack other users?

Lol,you did it again...you completely ignored everything i said,didnt answer anything i said,and keep going as if you are completely right...I dont attack people,in fact i defended you few times before i realized that you were a half-troll...Anyway stopped watching thread,have fun...
Sep 2, 2014 4:21 PM

Mar 2013
No need to be rude, it's just a simple misunderstanding. Let me clarify for everybody. You can say things like:

SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

And that's perfectly ok, because he's just saying that a certain poster's hypocritical perspective entertains him. It's not a jab or attack on anybody, because he is in no way directly implying that the poster is somehow a lesser being whose opinions are irrelevant garbage. /sarcasm

But it's not ok to say things like:

LonelyWizard said:

Do you see what the difference is? See here, it's all about discrediting somebody else's opinion, followed by a jab about their attitude. That's not nice, and doesn't foster good, wholesome discussion. We don't need that kind of talk around here.
fstSep 2, 2014 4:25 PM
Sep 2, 2014 4:24 PM

Jan 2013
fst said:
No need to be rude, it's just a simple misunderstanding. Let me clarify for everybody. You can say things like:

SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

And that's perfectly ok, because he's just saying that a certain poster's hypocritical perspective entertains him. It's not a jab or attack on anybody./sarcasm

But it's not ok to say things like:

LonelyWizard said:

Do you see what the difference is? See here, it's all about discrediting somebody else's opinion, followed by a jab about their attitude. That's not nice, and doesn't foster good, wholesome discussion. We don't need that kind of talk around here.

It isn't ok to call me a troll.

Even if you think I'm a troll. It's against the rules to say it. It upsets me. I wont lie. It hurts my feelings and the mods don't give a shit because they don't like me or they don't care or whatever.

I made this thread to discuss how people feel about the animation, so at a core fucking level I'm obviously interested in your opinions.

What I dont care for IS YOUR OPINIONS OF ME. THIS IS NOT "HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT SOLVITESEKAI?"

Stop trollcalling and following me thread to thread harassing me. I don't deserve this shit.
Sep 2, 2014 4:25 PM

Sep 2012
Idk about you guys but I just call it aldnoah zero.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Sep 2, 2014 4:26 PM

Jan 2013
Korrvo said:
Idk about you guys but I just call it aldnoah zero.

Objectively better satire than anything else in this thread.
Sep 3, 2014 2:19 PM

Jan 2011
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
It isnt much better than Argevollen,
dude, you blind?
Sep 3, 2014 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
summerwars said:
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
It isnt much better than Argevollen,
dude, you blind?

The CGI really isnt much better.
Sep 4, 2014 6:56 PM

Sep 2011
Fox814 said:
Polygon Pictures are pros when it comes to CG animation. They've even won a fucking Emmy and Annie award for it. A-1 however is not.

Sidonia was a lot more visually stunning than Aldnoah.Zero, and to be honest I also found it to be overall more visually stunning than most anime these days. Also it was possibly the best mecha anime we've had in quite a while.

As Hideo Kojima said, Knights of Sidonia brought the cool back into anime and that dude rarely praises Japanese shit.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-06-20/metal-gear-hideo-kojima-praises-knights-of-sidonia-anime/.75701

HELL YES that's true!!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Sep 4, 2014 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Fox814 said:

HELL YES that's true!!

Sydonia had some cool mech scenes.

Everything else about the show looked horrible.

Also the mc was generic as fuck.

And before anyone else makes an account just to call me a hipster, i really enjoyed the show, I just cant stand 3d CGI characters. I can deal with robots and ships and shit, but cgi characters looked terrible.
Sep 4, 2014 10:13 PM

Aug 2014
^ I disagree with the Sidonia's MC being generic. I though he showed more depth and was interesting than most anime MC's these days.

Also I'm personally used to the more low budget CGI TV shows because I watch stuff like Star Wars Clone Wars and Transformers Prime. I quickly got used to the animation, also the world of Sidonia itself was fascinating and detailed and had a really nice visual aesthetic. The sound engineering also was excellent, it really helped you to feel everything that happened in the anime.

So yeah that was my experience. Each to their own I guess and it's nice you enjoyed the show.
Sep 5, 2014 6:56 AM

Jan 2013
Fox814 said:
^ I disagree with the Sidonia's MC being generic. I though he showed more depth and was interesting than most anime MC's these days.

Also I'm personally used to the more low budget CGI TV shows because I watch stuff like Star Wars Clone Wars and Transformers Prime. I quickly got used to the animation, also the world of Sidonia itself was fascinating and detailed and had a really nice visual aesthetic. The sound engineering also was excellent, it really helped you to feel everything that happened in the anime.

So yeah that was my experience. Each to their own I guess and it's nice you enjoyed the show.

By depth did you mean piloting skill?

Because that's not depth. Thats power.

All he did was what people told him to do from ep 1-12.

Generic stringalong shounen mc who cant figure anything out unless he beats it in a fight.

Also this is the problem.

As I get older, more and more young people (not kids, young adults) will have grown up with this ugly CGI shit and not think it looks stupid.

I grew up with the Lion King. Back when people in cartoons didnt look like the action figures they try to sell for the show.
Sep 5, 2014 7:55 AM

May 2013
The animation is fine imo. The story of this is what I'm after.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.