Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 15, 2014 5:14 PM
Aug 2014
BRK25 said:
Alphaspade said:

Yeah I've been looking for it for like 30 min now. It's not on the OST.

Wait till later, pray Kanno released the entire ost

I'll cry if she doesn't. Guess I'll have to rewind that scene
Aug 15, 2014 6:04 PM

Feb 2013
This wouldn't be an anime without the terrible Engurish, and the English that sounded at least somewhat native was so badly voice-acted it sounded like it was ripped from some language studies CD, finding decent native English voice actors in Japan must be like trying to find wild kangaroos in Scotland.
Also it seems our terrorist protagonists aren't actually terrorists and never wanted to kill anyone to begin with, which pretty much throws out the whole 'Are they good or bad?' conflict, and honestly makes this show completely fucking boring.
Aug 15, 2014 6:35 PM

May 2012
17:14 why didn't you cry and say 「Minnasan・・・」 lol

7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 15, 2014 7:22 PM

Dec 2013
Such a great interpretation of chess compared to NGNL's crap, this anime is simply a godsend
Aug 15, 2014 7:49 PM
Oct 2012
Saeedpoppa said:
This wouldn't be an anime without the terrible Engurish, and the English that sounded at least somewhat native was so badly voice-acted it sounded like it was ripped from some language studies CD, finding decent native English voice actors in Japan must be like trying to find wild kangaroos in Scotland.

I have long suspected that this is done on purpose. I was watching this live action show "Haruko and Anne" and the head schoolmarm's English was so bad I swore she had to be Russian (not that a Russian's English is bad, but that Germans and other Scandinavians are usually extremely good and the woman definitely looked Northern European). But nope, from New Zealand, and she had even acted a bit in the United States, so she had to be speaking that way deliberately.

It's not just the spoken word either, most text is equally wrong. That might be chalked up to bad google translation, but even extremely basic well known phrases are almost always wrong.
Aug 15, 2014 9:12 PM
Jul 2013
Wow, i am really surprised that so many people are complaining about the "engrish".

I mean, have you guys heard people talk english in other anime before?
This one was actually very well done compared to the usual stuff where you can barely understand what they are trying to say!

Of course, she still had a pretty heavy accent but as far as i could tell the voice actress is native japanese and i really think this is one of the best english i've heard in anime for a while.

Anyway, episode was great again. I'm only a bit surpised they actually allow Five to "toy" with the terrorists around but i guess their main goal is to find the plutonium they stole so it's fine for them.
Aug 15, 2014 9:34 PM

Jul 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
Let the game begin. Goosebumps

^
Aug 15, 2014 10:48 PM

Oct 2013
soooo intense omggggggggg
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Aug 15, 2014 11:35 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, five is such a retarded character. So sad that they introduced her. The anime was great and pretty "realistic" up to that point, but now they have to ruin it by introducing some fucking spastic character, thanks.
Aug 16, 2014 1:29 AM

Mar 2012
On the chessboard Five moved E4 but on the screen it said D4?

If we go with E4 Nf6 then it seems like Nine would be playing the Alekhine Defense,

But if we go with D4 Nf6, then it would be the Benoni Defense instead.

But I think it is just a mistake in the animation because the name of Benoni Defense is derived from Hebrew Ben'Oni which means Son of Sorrow.

The anime already did use Oedipus.
So maybe the next episode have to do with something about the Benoni Defense?
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Aug 16, 2014 2:18 AM

Aug 2013
This anime is being pretty disappointing so far. Not that interesting characters, another cliched villain. The production value, at least, is being excellent.

So far a 6/10 at best. Quite enjoyable though
Aug 16, 2014 5:08 AM

May 2013
Five was interesting. Nine is struggling because of Five's annoyance/intervention. Lisa now wants to be part of the group. I wonder what's the purpose of all Five's actions. Revenge perhaps?
Aug 16, 2014 5:44 AM
May 2014
Airport chess! That's a one-way ticket to getting caught for Nine and Twelve, I have no idea what Lisa is doing but I really like the added suspense from Five. The voices in english were quite amusing though.. ^^
Aug 16, 2014 6:07 AM

Feb 2013
pretty good episode, hopefully this will all play out in nine and twelve's favor.
Aug 16, 2014 6:25 AM

Jul 2014
Mizeteo said:
Chess game. Five taking control of their plans. I hope Lisa would help those two if they will get cornered by Five.

^ AGREED
Aug 16, 2014 8:55 AM
Mar 2014
I can expect a compilation video of all this engrish when?
Aug 16, 2014 10:57 AM
Oct 2012
Hey, you know how Noitamina releases a PV of the next episode by now?

They haven't, never releasing a new trailer or preview. Maybe cause it ended on a cliffhanger and leave the audience in mystery?
Aug 16, 2014 12:37 PM

May 2014
Loved this ep. Gonna be excited about the next. the best thing with this anime is that it'z impossibr to spoil, since there is no manga of it. that's what'z most epic after all the other things in this anime.

have to agree that this is the best anime of this season and 2.nd best of this year, after NGNL of course.
Aug 16, 2014 1:05 PM

Oct 2013
Is it just me, or is this show deteriorating?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 16, 2014 1:18 PM

Jul 2010
Five speaking English sounds like she has her mouth full.
cupcakedreamsAug 16, 2014 1:24 PM
Aug 16, 2014 7:42 PM
Jul 2014
I know there are a lot of people who say that this episode was "boring", but you have to admit... it's setting up for a pretty amazing episode next week! GAH! NEED MORE ARATA! (sorry, couldn't hold in the fan-girl in me). Anyways, Five couldn't have been a better antagonist. She is out to get Nine, and seems to be more obsessed about crushing him than actually helping out the FBI. I need more Shibazaki as well and I was super excited to see him and his buddies disobey orders from the higher-ups. The question now is Lisa...

Where are all the Nine fan girls/boys?? ^^

If you would like you can check out my ZnT ep.6 video review/recap here http://youtu.be/G5SHxAfFMBc?list=UU6HUAjzE2TZwJf3W2eWE9qQ
Aug 16, 2014 8:14 PM

Feb 2014
Does anyone find it funny that the moment the Americans show up, that's when everything starts getting worse?
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
Aug 16, 2014 8:17 PM

May 2012
zperson5 said:
Does anyone find it funny that the moment the Americans show up, that's when everything starts getting worse?

That depends on what you mean by worse though.
Aug 16, 2014 10:19 PM

Apr 2014
Wake_Up said:
ZaldiuntheGerman said:
Is it just me, or is this show deteriorating?

It's not just you. Five is ruining the show for me.
I hate to say it, but I really, really agree as well. Really would have loved to see Shibazaki figure everything out in the end instead of bringing in Five.
Aug 16, 2014 10:28 PM

Mar 2014
Shibazaki is so insightful. I liked how he knew that the riddle wasn't by Nine and Twelve.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 17, 2014 9:21 AM

Jul 2013
I am continously getting eargasms from this series OST... The engrish was pretty bad though.
Aug 17, 2014 12:58 PM

Jun 2012
Five's crazy, wow. Still iffy with enjoying her character/place in the overall, though.

Glad to see that Lisa's going to get some use it seems (hopefully lol).
Tutturu ~
Aug 17, 2014 1:15 PM

Nov 2009
Lmao, Five sounded like she had someone's dick in her mouth during her english conversations. Nothing against actress, but episode would be better without english at all.

Aug 17, 2014 3:32 PM
Oct 2012
Everyone else was great at English cause they were naturally from America or a countnry entitled to speaking the language.

Five came from Japan(Hypothetically, unsure of origin) thus, her accent is strong and seems like she might have recently been employed to NEST or FBI in America and is the reason why her English isn't up to par. It's just her.

If I can understand what they are saying without subtitles, I'm sure the English is fine.
Aug 17, 2014 3:34 PM
Oct 2012
Oh, on another note, again, not a single PV has been released for episode 7 when it would have been by now. Something's cooking up now, I expect an intense episode. Aka, episode 1,4 and 5 together in a high thrilling sense.

Or....something else entirely. I'm crossing my fingers to make up for the past two episodes. They were great but the first four were near perfect. Five didn't screw things up but she messed with the pace.
Aug 17, 2014 4:40 PM

Jan 2014
I really like this show. And the OP and ED are so amazingly fitting :D
Aug 17, 2014 7:39 PM
Aug 2014
Great episode overall. Just that chess game bugged me....Putting aside the illegal move (knight jumping too far) It wasn't even the correct knight. The move was knight F6 which meant the other knight should've moved.
Aug 17, 2014 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm I'm a little disappointed. The quality has been dropping steadily in the past couple episodes. I don't like Five's character at all. It's that cliche evil genius that I've seen many times before. Kind of takes away some of the realism this show has been building up. It's like it's trying to look more intelligent than it really is.

I've had it at a 10/10 for first 2 episodes, then 9/10 and now 8/10 which is very disappointing considering that it doesn't look like Five will go away soon so I don't know how it could pick up again in the remaining episodes. Unless they pull out something truly unexpected and mind blowing... Pun not intended.
Aug 17, 2014 10:53 PM
Feb 2014
rasenshiruken973 said:
Hmm I'm a little disappointed. The quality has been dropping steadily in the past couple episodes. I don't like Five's character at all. It's that cliche evil genius that I've seen many times before. Kind of takes away some of the realism this show has been building up. It's like it's trying to look more intelligent than it really is.

I've had it at a 10/10 for first 2 episodes, then 9/10 and now 8/10 which is very disappointing considering that it doesn't look like Five will go away soon so I don't know how it could pick up again in the remaining episodes. Unless they pull out something truly unexpected and mind blowing... Pun not intended.

I agree with what you said. To add to it, this show in my eyes is basically Death Note 2.0. Which is great, I loved it... until

Please, Shibazaki, Nine, Twelve... Lisa, someone, fuck up Five and save this show.
Aug 17, 2014 11:03 PM

Oct 2010
what's the name of bgm in 9's dreams it sounds great
Aug 18, 2014 12:46 AM
Mar 2014
Finally Lisa gets to help hopefully.

Loving the English also.

Game of chess? Interesting ..
Aug 18, 2014 1:10 AM

Aug 2011
skudoops said:
That engrish was so bad omg lol. I like how his description photo looks like eren from AoT, kinda funny. Five is a really awful character though, the whole insane evil genius thing is a bit ridiculous for what this show has been going for so far.

Additionalyl I didn't understand was what was the point in playing this "game". Why not just go and capture them? Also who the hell would allow the US government to blow up one of their airports? That is dumb on so many levels and not to mention would cause huge international uproar if the information leaked. I'm also surprised that no one even questioned the fact that the message for the bomb was delivered in an utterly non characteristic fashion i.e via text rather than a video with the two of them like it was before.

At least lisa is finally being used for something, took a while but she's finally going to have some relevance in all of this.

+1
Aug 18, 2014 1:12 AM

Aug 2011
Wake_Up said:
rasenshiruken973 said:

I agree with what you said. To add to it, this show in my eyes is basically Death Note 2.0. Which is great, I loved it... until

Please, Shibazaki, Nine, Twelve... Lisa, someone, fuck up Five and save this show.

+1
Aug 18, 2014 1:34 AM
Apr 2014
Has someone noticed that on twelve's t-shirt it is written: "double o pen heart"? Perhaps this means something?
Aug 18, 2014 9:18 AM

Mar 2013
I don't really like Five's character either. "Cliché evil genius", as others have pointed out... it's pretty much cringeworthy. She's not all that interesting.

I'm a lot more curious about Nine and Twelve (and have been since the start), and the other side characters are great too in their own ways.
HarlequinaAug 18, 2014 9:23 AM
Aug 18, 2014 11:27 AM
Oct 2012
The next episode is gonna be called Deuce if Wikipedia is correct. Take the name as you see fit. Or what is planned.

There are multiple implications of Deuces in context and usually means two. Could mean two as in the police vs Sphinx. Or Lisa, Nine and Twelve Vs the FBI and Shibazaki's new group. Or Nine and Twelve themselves trying to solve the riddle together.
Aug 18, 2014 11:41 AM

Feb 2011
erhm getting meh
lisa<3
Aug 18, 2014 3:06 PM

Jan 2011
rasenshiruken973 said:

Yeah basically all of this.
Bomb at airport? Fuck that chess is more important. Q_Q
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 18, 2014 6:16 PM
Oct 2012
elevenletters said:
That unenthusiastic and emotionless "rou're kirring" killed me.

This has been mentioned earlier in this thread but I still can't figure out why the police automatically believe this text message is coming directly from the terrorists when the only way they've been communicating so far was through videos posted online.

The introduction of Five was disappointing too. Her caricature of a character is such an odd contrast to the rest of the show so far.

Also, Lisa's useless.

If they can hack into the police department's website, it might take a little more power to mass text a message to everyone. It wouldn't be out of their grip int he police department's mind. There is an issue however of them not reviewing the chances of duplicates.

Five hasn't struck anyone and is boring cause she's only been given two episodes. Had she been at the start and lingered like she is right now, there'd be massive problems. I say she's as shallow as Nine and Twelve had been in the beginning. Maybe she'll get massive character development or become stagnant. I'm hoping there's more to her character.
Aug 18, 2014 9:25 PM

Dec 2012
Erm, maybe I'm stupid, but wouldn't it be more rational for Nine and Twelve to ignore Five and let her blow up the airport? What would happen in this case? They could just remain silent and wait until that psycho Five compromises herself by her dangerous actions. Isn't them starting to play by Five's rules the end of the game for them already? Like they literally confessed it's them by coming to the airport? Why didn't they consider that police and Five already know it's them and this is all just a set-up to catch them?... Dunno, I'm confused... 0_0

The same exact shit happened in Death Note - I still cannot get why Light decided to take a huge risk and kill FBI officers when he was 100% safe sitting in his room and killing criminals? Something is off with logical reasoning here...
Aug 18, 2014 9:48 PM
Oct 2012
why-so-qwerty said:
Erm, maybe I'm stupid, but wouldn't it be more rational for Nine and Twelve to ignore Five and let her blow up the airport? What would happen in this case? They could just remain silent and wait until that psycho Five compromises herself by her dangerous actions. Isn't them starting to play by Five's rules the end of the game for them already? Like they literally confessed it's them by coming to the airport? Why didn't they consider that police and Five already know it's them and this is all just a set-up to catch them?... Dunno, I'm confused... 0_0

The same exact shit happened in Death Note - I still cannot get why Light decided to take a huge risk and kill FBI officers when he was 100% safe sitting in his room and killing criminals? Something is off with logical reasoning here...

Because, their goal is not to murder anyone and is strictly to inform the public of something, they have something they like to reveal to the public but they need the public to listen. The government needs to be in fear and can't do anything to stop them. Now, if they blow up a place and people die...they are gonna be labeled as enemies. So far, they've been playing games but a death is gonna change the views of the public into a negative light and no one's gonna listen to them. This goes hand in hand at the problems of no listeners and police creating campaigns to adivse against anything they have to say.

Also, remember that Five is part of the FBI and not from the Police Department. Tot he public, they think it is Sphinx and killing innocent people is gonna be blamed to Sphinx and not the police department. Well, yes due to not solving but the bombs are gonna create problems. And if you read the words out of their mouth, they said so themselves, it might be a trap and know they might be caught but they'll go in willingly to defuse the bomb. But you saw their items? They had grenades, flares, wire cutter and other items stashed in that box. They're not going in light.
Aug 18, 2014 9:51 PM
Oct 2012
Oh, and here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDhsGPTmJGk&list=UUO8okJvgXmbmyJTkUMWvURg

PV for episode 7.

SHIT LOOKS READY TO GO DOWN!
Aug 18, 2014 10:56 PM

May 2012
This anime should be called Zankyou no Riddle or Zankyou no Prank

Because the anime has zero terrorists. All what I see is silly teenagers playing games and doing some pranks on the police.

And now they are playing chess game in the airport with this new white haired girl.

I wonder what is their goal and motives ? We still don't know why these silly teens are doing these pranks and riddles on the police.
Aug 18, 2014 10:58 PM

Jul 2014
Damn this show keeps getting better and better. Definitely the best one this season so far. I can't wait to see how the game between five and nine plays out. It should be awesome. Although they really need to keep five from saying anything in English again... God that was painful
Aug 18, 2014 11:17 PM
Jan 2014
thepath said:
This anime should be called Zankyou no Riddle or Zankyou no Prank

Because the anime has zero terrorists. All what I see is silly teenagers playing games and doing some pranks on the police.

And now they are playing chess game in the airport with this new white haired girl.

I wonder what is their goal and motives ? We still don't know why these silly teens are doing these pranks and riddles on the police.

Because, as we all know, detonating several explosives in the largest metropolis on the planet and threatening the use of plutonium is all just a bunch of pranks and silly games. I remember when my friends and I did that back in highschool - we just gave back the radioactive material we stole from a facility in West Texas to the cops after blowing up the Willis Tower and several oil refineries. Rest assured, we had quite a few laughs after all that went down.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.