Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 3, 2008 2:50 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Learned a few new things but overall this was just a bridge episode to fill us in for the next arc. I enjoyed it but wasn't expecting much to happen after the last few crazy action packed episodes.
Feb 3, 2008 4:13 AM

Mar 2007
I'm really disappointed in Kotoko, the new ed was pretty damn good. But the op is one of the worse songs she've made imo, I'm already missing Joint.

It was a pretty good episode, it'll be interesting to see Yuji fight with Blutsauger.
Feb 3, 2008 4:17 AM

Feb 2007
Nice. Yes, agreed, a bridge episode, but it sets thing up quite nicely.

The nature of Kazumi's Hougu was quite interesting. It has made her think about her situation, though.
Feb 3, 2008 4:45 AM

Dec 2007
Nice episode and i feel like something sad will happen in near future.

And i already miss the old op!
Feb 3, 2008 4:47 AM
May 2007
Hate the OP
Love the ED
Loved the reasonable amount of Hecate screen time. ^_^

Feb 3, 2008 4:56 AM

May 2007
Opening animation is top notch but I'm surprised with KOTOKO. I guess like in season 1, Kawada Mami fits Shana more. Therefore, obligatory GIFs! (thumbnailed for mercy)

All right episode. Yoshida suddenly seems so distant but poor faith may await her. Lots of lovely screentime for Hecate but as well as Shana!

Feb 3, 2008 5:04 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I think you're being too hard on Kotoko. The OP sounds different to what she usually sounds like, but there are parts in the OP that clearly sound like the awesome Kotoko we know. I like the OP but I won't make a final decision on it until I've heared the full version of that song. The TV-size OP will grow on me, I'm sure. I hope it'll grow on a few of you, too.

The ED is amazing, I love it. Can't wait for this one's final version either.

The episode was good, it connected a few things and set up the stage for more. Looking forward to next week. Props to Static-Subs and Eclipse for kicking out a new OP/ED episode in a reasonable time.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 3, 2008 6:37 AM

Nov 2007
Don't know if I like the new OP/ED YET (i guess as I watch the rest of the episodes eventually will get to like this one too :P)
but the animation was top notch, as usual. Awesome.

This episode was a bit of relief from all that stuff happening in EP15..
Seems like the half-way transition point or something. Something's gonna happen with Yoshida. Definitely :P

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Feb 3, 2008 6:42 AM

May 2007
Yeah, I was being too hard. I liked pretty much every other KOTOKO stuff I listened so far and the shift from JOINT to the new OP blew the dramatic "Shana" stance away. It's just that Kawada Mami captured the moment when the series first aired and all. Both of them are cool.

I like I've sound. Their performance together in the Shana movie theme is great.
Feb 3, 2008 8:20 AM

Jun 2007
I dont know about the OP,but i know the ED is nice,much dl it as soon as it released!!!!
Feb 3, 2008 8:22 AM

Sep 2007
All in all, a nice bridge episode to the next Arc.

Feb 3, 2008 9:04 AM
Dec 2007
Was I the only one who saw it very fitting that even the writers want Kazumi to die? It certainly helped Shana get the upperhand now. Well, the fact Yuji feels like he's Dr. Frankestein's monster doesn't help Kazumi's chances either.

Nice explanations for the hectic episodes that just passed us by. I expect a lot more Bel Masque exposition now, with them once more being the final enemies at the end of the season. Who knows, we might just see "The Silver" in all his glory.

Well, obligatory OP/ED comment: KOTOKO's op's or ed's have never fitted this series well. I suggest the studio, assuming they do a season 3, they ditch KOTOKO altogether and have Kawada do all the OP and ED songs. This OP change was probably worsened by the sharp contrast between the new song and JOINT.

Feb 3, 2008 9:27 AM

Oct 2007
at least that dumb yuji will make some action sooner...i hope that will change my impressions about him. i love both of op and ed...
Feb 3, 2008 10:52 AM

Nov 2007
The ED was pretty good, but I'm not very fond of the new OP. Maybe it will grow on me later on, but for now the old OP was way better.

This episode was okay. Not much happening, but I'm glad that Satou is actuall doing something now, instead of being a shadow for Shana. And I really hope they don't kill of Kazumi. I agree with ShanaxSatou, but they don't have to kill Kazumi =[
Feb 3, 2008 11:19 AM
Dec 2007
N-Mare said:
And I really hope they don't kill of Kazumi. I agree with ShanaxSatou, but they don't have to kill Kazumi =[
Well, even if they don't kill her off, this series of events will make her realize Yuji is not for her. Now if only Ike grew a spine and made some action on the Ike X Kazumi front.

Feb 3, 2008 11:37 AM
Aug 2007
The ending is nice I rlly like it. Now Yuji will definitely kick sum butt now that hes training to use that humongous sword hehe
Feb 3, 2008 11:39 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Leon-Gun said:
N-Mare said:
And I really hope they don't kill of Kazumi. I agree with ShanaxSatou, but they don't have to kill Kazumi =[
Well, even if they don't kill her off, this series of events will make her realize Yuji is not for her. Now if only Ike grew a spine and made some action on the Ike X Kazumi front.

If the anime follows the novel more closely then Ike x Kazumi definitely is not happening. Kazumi is not dying neither but a more painful fate awaits her. (she should have die...to avoid the current pitiful state she is in) But then, the anime has already diverged form the novels.

The light novels are way more dramatic and sad concerning the fate of many characters (a few eventually die out)

I still have the feeeling that the anime is stretching a bit.....

The OP is....unique. You cannot deny the originality of it. The music is actually very good. You just have to listen a few times more.... I find it WAY more sad that Joint. Joint was more like a battle op. Blaze is somehow deeper and more emotional. The ED is great as usual.

I personally like Kotoko and Kawada equally.

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 3, 2008 12:25 PM

Jan 2007
Good episode. Disappointed with the new OP, but liked the ED. I am liking where the anime is headed. Loved the fact that Yuji asked for the big sword. And the scenes from the OP shows a lot of promise.
Feb 3, 2008 1:03 PM

Jul 2007
IS this an ep discusion thread or a new op/ed :D Well anyways as said earlier this ep waas a bridge for what comming next.Imo the new op sucks hard and i never listed to the ending songs...
Ps.I really cant w8 to watch Yuzi kick some ass!!!Id they make him fail again... Grrr
And damn despite i dont like Yoshida after thisep... Hell i do damn it... Ok can u imagine giving ur life saving the peson u love so that u forgotten by every1 and let ur person be with ur Rival?OMfg? Geez what i must admit is that SnS has really good characters Yuzi-Shana-Yoshida-Hecate-Margery = <3
Feb 3, 2008 1:57 PM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
Good episode. Disappointed with the new OP, but liked the ED. I am liking where the anime is headed. Loved the fact that Yuji asked for the big sword. And the scenes from the OP shows a lot of promise.

Exactly same thoughts, i did not like the song, her voice seemed too childish to me at first... This is not a song i want for SnS...
At least the ending is more upbeat, it much better!!!

I was always hoping that Yuji will be able to finally fight and defend himself as well, instead of being a third wheel in fights... Now even better he gets the badass sword :P
Feb 3, 2008 2:08 PM

Sep 2007
The new ED is good, but I miss Triangle. :( The OP.. I can't see that one ever growing on me, it just isn't any good at all for a KOTOKO track.

It's a good episode, but I really hope Kazumi doesn't use that hougu. Also, Yuji not being a weak main character is probably going to be the best thing that ever happened.. now if only Satou could get some power too.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Feb 3, 2008 2:54 PM

Sep 2007
Not a bad episode, good to see Yuji finally pulling out the Blutsauger and making himself useful.

The new ED is good, the new OP has great animation, but I'm not such a big fan of the song yet. The music isn't bad on it's own, but it doesn't seem to sync up well with the scenes being played simultaneously.

Feb 3, 2008 3:55 PM

Jul 2007
this episode was meh
the opening theme song was meh
but i liked the ending
Feb 3, 2008 5:09 PM

Aug 2007
Meh. I miss the old OP and ED already, but I guess the new ones will grow on me. :\

Alright episode. Eagerly awaiting the next one like always.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Feb 3, 2008 5:19 PM

Sep 2007
ChiBuki said:
the shift from JOINT to the new OP blew the dramatic "Shana" stance away. It's just that Kawada Mami captured the moment when the series first aired and all.

Pretty much what I though of the OP. JOINT gave off the right Shana stance while the new OP made me think, "Wait, I'm watching Shakugan right?" But meh. Anyway, nice episode. I'd been thinking Yoshida would be getting a much bigger role since it was obvious the writers seemed to have been trying to keep her in and with the whole group.
Feb 3, 2008 7:18 PM

Oct 2007
This episode has to be one of the turning points in the story.

-new OP/ED (Opening was ok, ending was pretty good)
-the plot deepens and is becoming a bit more confusing; it's still good though

It's quite sad to see how Kazumi's becoming more distant to Yuji and Shana... but I still like the ShanaXYuji paring better =]
Feb 3, 2008 8:04 PM

Aug 2007
Yuji seems to be getting more powerful- at last. The new OP was not that great, but I liked the ending. This is the only anime this season I am still watching, so its still fun to watch.
Feb 3, 2008 8:11 PM

Nov 2007
12500 topic GET

Good ep, from now on the non-action episodes will focus to consolidate character development and not high school drama. I'm looking forward to the Tanaka and Satou episode.

Also I loved the melody at the OP, although she starts with a horrible voice effect, but then she starts singing normally. The animated sequence was awesome.

The ED was also good...
Feb 3, 2008 8:21 PM

Aug 2007
The OP was ok. I liked the artwork better than the song. The end was great.

Good episode. I was a little confused in some parts but they later explained it so it was all good.
Feb 3, 2008 8:42 PM
Jan 2008
theres gonna be a 3rd season looks that way to me. the show is too slow.. needs action or romance >.O
Feb 3, 2008 10:07 PM

Feb 2007
I'm really looking forward to where Kazumi's character is going. I like Shana better for Yuji in the end, but I really do like Kazumi. Hope she become kick ass.

Bought Time Yuji got a weapon, or some kind of power.

I love the ED. The new OP not so much. It doesn't feel right for SnS. I miss Joint already.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Feb 3, 2008 11:22 PM

Jun 2007
somehow I have doubts that Kazumi will die if she uses that cross. I bet it was either a lie or we will find out she has some amazing amount of spiritual power or something along those lines.
Feb 4, 2008 12:36 AM

Aug 2007
I hope Yuji will make use of that sword
Feb 4, 2008 2:57 AM

Jun 2007
DeathfireD said:
somehow I have doubts that Kazumi will die if she uses that cross. I bet it was either a lie or we will find out she has some amazing amount of spiritual power or something along those lines.

Hopefully not, but that's most likely to happen.
But she interupted (she interupted not them but she stole the screen) again when it looked like Shana got a good chance again.

We really need a Kotonoha here. =D

Opening has no chance against the first opening but is still ok. (like it was in the first session)
The Ending was quite good and better than the first one.
Feb 4, 2008 6:18 AM

Feb 2007
DeathfireD said:

Ah, yes, another one who's reminded of Shana and Alastor's ultimate weapon. :D The similarity is clearly there, but I'd rather prefer the "lie" version in this case. As said, though, it made her think about her situation, and this might have been the real reason she got it. We'll see...

And what I forgot to mention before - I really liked the last scene with Hecate. Maybe we'll see some more interesting developments there as well?
Feb 4, 2008 10:40 AM

Aug 2007
All in all it was a great episode to get started for the next threat. I was waiting very patiently for the Bal Masque to make their move.

I been waiting for the New OP/END and I finally got it. After listening to it for a couple of times I have to say I really like them. The OP song really fits the mood that real bad things for all the characters will start to happen.

I can't wait for the next episode. I was beginning to wonder when they were going to start talking about that subject soon.
Feb 4, 2008 5:27 PM

Jun 2007
too much Blaze hate here....

i liked the new OP and ED. the OP feels a little more natural to the rhythm the series is taking. a little darker. not that JOINT didn't do its work projecting the series mood. just saying that Blaze is appropriate for this part of the anime.

the ED was pretty much amazing. and since i am both a kotoko fan and a kawada mami fan, i gotta say that all the OP/EDs done up till now have been extraordinary. i love them.

now for the episode. i cant help but be happy that yoshida might be dying (even though it might not be true, its just this deep feeling of mine). she has got a turn to a more emo-er kind of character. yes, she now looks like the one from eps 1-10. no more EMO in shana please. the rest of the episode was really informative, and interesting. it seems like there is still a lot of story to see. and enough material to cover another 2 cour season (if not another 2 seasons). yuuji seems to be more of a more mature torch (yes, we have not heard this in a long time, ne?). and it seems like shana x yuuji is back.
Feb 4, 2008 5:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Richard_Omega said:
too much Blaze hate here....

i liked the new OP and ED. the OP feels a little more natural to the rhythm the series is taking. a little darker. not that JOINT didn't do its work projecting the series mood. just saying that Blaze is appropriate for this part of the anime.

the ED was pretty much amazing. and since i am both a kotoko fan and a kawada mami fan, i gotta say that all the OP/EDs done up till now have been extraordinary. i love them.

now for the episode. i cant help but be happy that yoshida might be dying (even though it might not be true, its just this deep feeling of mine). she has got a turn to a more emo-er kind of character. yes, she now looks like the one from eps 1-10. no more EMO in shana please. the rest of the episode was really informative, and interesting. it seems like there is still a lot of story to see. and enough material to cover another 2 cour season (if not another 2 seasons). yuuji seems to be more of a more mature torch (yes, we have not heard this in a long time, ne?). and it seems like shana x yuuji is back.

I am totally in accord with you, it's unbelievable.... >_<"
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 5, 2008 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
I hate the new opening, the old one was sooo good to but about the episode.... just kind of boring, it picked up for a few episodes now it just got meh again. too many flashbacks to the last few episodes to. Some of the characters just seem to deserve to go back to a normal life something yuji is cursed to not be able to do.
Feb 5, 2008 11:15 AM

Nov 2007
Mathes said:

We really need a Kotonoha here. =D

1st of all...LOL xD

2nd of all, I thought they either need a better OP song, or just keep JOINT. Althought I thought the new scenes in the OP theme were cool, Yuji wielding Blutsalger or however u spell it kicked @$$. I thought the ED theme was ok too. Similar to the older one.

I hope they don't bomb the actual Yuji fights scenes near the end since they aren't showing any as of now.
Feb 5, 2008 2:10 PM
Nov 2007
EP Sucks no Action ]:->
Feb 10, 2008 5:06 AM

Feb 2008
Don't like the new OP, ED not bad.

Refreshing episodes, with more tought on human side of the story. Well it's really have no action but this episode shows aa lot of emotion... kawaiso kazumi, hope she won't die
Feb 10, 2008 6:02 AM
Dec 2007
VampirLord said:
The ED has never had any action...ever. They always do it in a way that resembles the color illustrations the novels have on their first few pages.

Feb 10, 2008 7:15 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Leon-Gun said:
VampirLord said:
The ED has never had any action...ever. They always do it in a way that resembles the color illustrations the novels have on their first few pages.

EP = Episode.

ED = Ending

EP != ED

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 10, 2008 8:10 AM
Dec 2007
cyruz said:
Leon-Gun said:
VampirLord said:

EP = Episode.

ED = Ending

EP != ED
*gasp* that was embarrasing....I think the whole OP/ED talk got to me...

Feb 10, 2008 8:15 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, no worries. It happens. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 21, 2008 12:59 AM

Apr 2008
i wish Yuji got a cooler sword since the one he has (Blutsauger) is ridiculous looking. but i guess i'll take that as opposed to him being a lemon for the rest of the series.

Oct 14, 2008 9:52 PM

May 2008
crap, now i feel really guilty for telling yoshida-san to go die...

but still... shana x yuji ftw
Dec 4, 2008 5:08 PM
Nov 2008
Kazumi will use the Hougu when it is time, right?
Or will she just throw it away?
Feb 1, 2009 10:43 AM

Jan 2008
New OP sucked, ED was good, but doesn't fit the mood. Well, at least now I can save time by skipping them.

Giving Yoshida Kazumi that hougu was evil, yeah right, if you really want to be part of this then go kill yourself. Is Yoshida Kazumi going to be an Hero?

I hope to see some cool action with Yuji swinging Blutsauger around. Bigass swords are always awesome!
DarkBlueFeb 1, 2009 10:51 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 11, 2007

49 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 12, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Dec 2, 2007

79 by almightybismarck »»
Mar 28, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cloudy - Nov 23, 2007

69 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Nov 24, 2007

61 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:25 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 10, 2007

63 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 27, 2023 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.