Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2009 10:03 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loved the OP song :D

Great action again, and the plot thickens quite abit. What happened to Yin?!?! ;_;
She seems to be connected to the fragments, which would make it plausible why Hei is searching for them as frantically as he is. Her connection to them is also foreshadowed by her scene in the OP. In any case, I'm dying to know what that's all about.
And.. That WAS Mao's voice urging Suou to escape, right?

New contractors are awesome, especially August 7 and Mina. Also, yay for Misaki's first appearance.
yakisobapanOct 15, 2009 8:00 PM
Oct 15, 2009 10:33 AM

Feb 2009
where did you watch the raw?) *wants to watch OP so badly*
Oct 15, 2009 10:36 AM

Oct 2007
Oh! Must watch! Where did you watch the Raw?
Oct 15, 2009 10:41 AM

Dec 2007
OP.

While I personally really like it, many are probably going to complain that it's too upbeat and that it doesn't fit the series though. Oh, I forgot to mention, ending animation changed aswell.

As for the raw, it's not out yet. Watched it on TV.
yakisobapanOct 15, 2009 7:16 PM
Oct 15, 2009 11:00 AM

Feb 2009
TV) cool...Thanks for OP

well...seems like the main character isn`t Hei this season O_o though he`s more suitable to be called "darker than black")
well, too early to judge...need all 12 eps to do that
*hopes there`ll be more of Hei...even he need to cut his hair XD*
Oct 15, 2009 1:51 PM

Aug 2009
Mhhh... looks interesting, but I want Hei's old look |:
I haven't seen the whole second season but I hope for more Hei and Yin ;O;
Even I think there will be more Suo, I miss the old season where everything was just about Hei... it was kickass.
Oct 15, 2009 2:19 PM

Aug 2009
http://www.narutowire.com/watch/f8f4a277ff28a626c815/Darker-than-BLACK:-Ryuusei-no-Gemini-Episode-2
Watch the second episode! But it's RAW

What have they done with my Hei?! He looks like a bum T__T
Oct 15, 2009 2:46 PM

Sep 2008
hmm
looks like it's gonna be soo different from the 1st season. I don't like the op, too bland and boring
Oct 15, 2009 5:56 PM

Oct 2008
Charliehsv said:
While I personally really like it, many are probably going to complain that it's too uppbeat and that it doesn't fit the series though.

I like the song and such, but I have to admit that was my initial reaction. This season seems rather different than what we've seen before, though. I dunno. I've only seen the first episode, as I'm going to wait for the subs for the second.

I preferred the first OP's. :/

Oct 15, 2009 5:59 PM

Oct 2008
KurosakiRukia said:
What have they done with my Hei?! He looks like a bum T__T

I know, right?! D: Agh, even anime characters are subject to time's evils. ;_;

Oct 15, 2009 6:42 PM

Jul 2008
I like the OP song, but I feel the visuals are a little boring, save for a few seconds.
Oct 15, 2009 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
I liked the first OP song, but the visuals in the OP2(s2) were awesome.
Suou has now become my favourite character! yay. + to list.
The preview> Tanya is gunna work for the bad people, and lure Suou out maybe, with the help of Nika. Poor Nika being deceived once again.....
Tanya resembles Amber though... AND I LOVED AMBER>!
---
Hei's new look kinda look hobo- and he needs to shave!

Overall, loved episode 2... !
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Oct 15, 2009 8:09 PM

Feb 2009
The OP is okay, but I really hope that the lack of Hei doesn't signify that he's really not going to be the focus of the series.
Oct 15, 2009 8:11 PM

Oct 2009
Incredible episode! Hazuki's powers are incredible! She can teleport herself and also throw objects/make objects into some sort of light saber like jedis? That is incredible but I am confused if her payment is to kiss others on the lips or do that with alcohol then spit the alcohol out Guess now I know with the subs it's her that does not like that guy Shizume and is why she took alcohol for bad taste maybe she likes girls? So glad that Mao is back and is most likely in flying squirrel. The other Shizume (not sure because of no subs) (now I am sure) has the power to take anything around him and put it on himself? O_O Incredible and fantastic power. Too bad they erased Sascha's memories that she did not recognize Suou , that was unfair. There is something up with Yin, she disappeared but not sure how nor how to bring her back even if it is possible. August 07 is gone? O_O another big surprise because of his powers he could have survived (I took a look a second time at this and it looked as if he was just stunned and about to be killed by Hei but Suou wanted him not to do that). Surprised he can absorb things and send back at others than make things appear suddenly to use like a shotgun.
francismeunierOct 16, 2009 6:07 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 15, 2009 8:31 PM

Mar 2008
pretty different from first season indeed. first we have Hobo Hei (Heibo?), the more upbeat opening, and YINS GONE! dammit, i guess this is going to be the first show in a while where i couldnt wait for the next episode.
Oct 15, 2009 9:56 PM

Aug 2009
Charliehsv said:

Great action again, and the plot thickens quite abit. What happened to Yin?!?! ;_;
She seems to be connected to the fragments, which would make it plausible why Hei is searching for them as frantically as he is. Her connection to them is also foreshadowed by her scene in the OP. In any case, I'm dying to know what that's all about.

New contractors are awesome, especially August 7 and Mina. Also, yay for Misaki's first appearance.

um, everything I want to say? XD

YES, OP is KICKESS. Stereopony <3 After Gundam00 2nd season's OP2, stereopony manages another awesome OP! But yes, quite different from first season, but different isn't necessarily bad...we'll see!

YIN!! NO!!! Like, one of my fav char!! Explain, now!

So, July-kun truly is alone now. Why kill off April ;_; That August 7 dude died pretty fast...or did he? 8)

Bunch of new chars and I like them all, which is a good sign

Looks like this is about Suou mainly, with a bit of Hei on the side? :S

dumbasatri said:
first we have Hobo Hei (Heibo?), the more upbeat opening, and YINS GONE!

Hahaha. I miss the old Hei but I like this Heibo too, it shows how much he changed and now he needs to drink heavily to forget bad memories! (about what happened to Yin? :S)

I want next ep, now!

Oct 15, 2009 10:23 PM

Aug 2008
The OP is brilliant.

Song is easily the best this season so far, with very few left to air.

The animation has a slow pace, but is done quite well aswell. I have a feeling there'll be a v2 with new animation later on.

Haven't seen the ep yet, but I'm sure it'll be great.
Oct 15, 2009 10:53 PM

Oct 2009
llamaben said:
The OP is brilliant.

Song is easily the best this season so far, with very few left to air.

The animation has a slow pace, but is done quite well aswell. I have a feeling there'll be a v2 with new animation later on.

Haven't seen the ep yet, but I'm sure it'll be great.

I have to admit the OP is brilliant but wished it was more up beat like the first season. Suou's big sniper gun impressed me.
Charliehsv said:

Thanks for the info about Yin but I still do not understand how Yin situation is like this in the first place. I think the star at the end might be Hei but then why would Hei be still alive? August 07 looked only stunned and not dead. After watching it a second time it looks like it but not sure yet.
BTW anyone care to explain me under the spoiler what they used against Hei in this part? Some mines with some stun shield?

Wasabi said:
So many new characters to keep up with. x_X

I agreed with you that everything is moving quickly and other new ones appear.
francismeunierOct 16, 2009 6:10 AM

Oct 16, 2009 12:07 AM

Sep 2007
So many new characters to keep up with. x_X
Oct 16, 2009 12:45 AM

Apr 2009
man the song form the Ending is pure Awesomeness <333333333333333
his voice is awesome.
Oct 16, 2009 12:50 AM

Jul 2009
I somehow get the feeling both Hei and Yin are going to die before this season ends...

ps: Is Hei looking for meteor core to bring Yin back, somehow?
vinesageOct 16, 2009 1:00 AM
Oct 16, 2009 1:02 AM
Oct 2009
Cool episode,so those anyone else think Hei has temporarily lost his power?
i mean he may not be a contractor anymore
Oct 16, 2009 1:27 AM
Jul 2009
What have they done to Hei and Yin??!! *cries* Misaki "stalking" Hei's star at the end was pretty cool though... Still, I need Yin!
Oct 16, 2009 1:43 AM

May 2009
noo dont tell me Yin is gone :(( .I realy cant belive :((
I`M A MURDERER
Oct 16, 2009 1:46 AM

Apr 2008

Sup, Mao.
Oct 16, 2009 1:50 AM

Jul 2007
Wow... what a ridiculous episode.

*Mao confirmed alive.
*Implied Hei has lost powers.
*Implied Yin death
*Misaki confirmed for season 2.

Did I miss anything?
Oct 16, 2009 2:00 AM

Aug 2009
It was pretty awesome...
but when I saw title in russian - it was... hmm.. LOL
Well they misspelled it only twice, so we can say it's fine))
Oct 16, 2009 2:07 AM
Dec 2008
Great episode

Assuming Hei is gonna lose his powers, he's still gonna kick-ass. After all, he got the title "black reaper" even before he became a contractor. yeah I also get a feeling that Yin is dead; Yin was the only friend that survived the assault on hells gate a few years ago, and now (assuming she's dead) she's gone. He totally lost it (poor guy)

lol'd @ molesting hobo hei oh and I can't wait for Suou to start using that huge sniper at op :D
Oct 16, 2009 2:14 AM

Apr 2009
wow Hei looks totally pedo after seeing him search Suou. Hmm I still don't really understand the first season's end. Isn't Hei's sister the reason for his power? So now she is gone for good and Hei no more has any power?
Oct 16, 2009 2:35 AM
Dec 2008
no, pai (I think that was her sisters name) gave her powers to Hei. though I dont know the exact details and yes, Hei totally looked like a pedo there XD
Oct 16, 2009 3:38 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode,Yin is pretty much dead and/or her consciousness is in some unreacheable place right now.Liked the OP too,Hei walking away compared to him walking towards the screen in the 1st DtB OP was a nice touch.
Next ep...poor Nika,in the best scenario he's being used.In the worst one he is being used and killed moments later.
Oct 16, 2009 3:42 AM

Jun 2008
A guy looking like a bum searching the body of a young girl by force. You ain't giving a good image Hei.^_^

nictimes said:

When the star disappeared that's what i thought also. That number was his star. Right?
And something happened to our Yin. I would be depressed also. Now i understand why Hei is like that.

Anyway the episode was awesome and it looks like Darker than Black will be really strong. Kind of makes you sad knowing there won't be 26 episodes.
Oct 16, 2009 4:15 AM
Jun 2009
I liked the previous episode better, but this one was good too. Suou is OK but the rest of the new characters are just... meh, not really interesting, so far no one to like, hate or care about. I hope this will change in the future, and I hope for more Hei in the coming episodes, even though his new look is a bit blah...
As for the plot - so far so good.

and last but not least - Misaki! <3
Oct 16, 2009 4:16 AM

Feb 2008
His bum look is better.
Oct 16, 2009 4:59 AM

Sep 2007
I wonder if the policewoman from first season, and her appearance in the end of this episode, is just going to be a minor one. Looks like we'll stay in Russia some more, not that it bothers me, until now it has been awesome.
Oct 16, 2009 5:04 AM

Aug 2008
Looks like Hei 'shared' (in one way or another) powers with suou
Oct 16, 2009 5:41 AM

May 2009
Hei never was a contractor did you forget ...he has emotions and doesnt have remuneration like other contractors he`s special :D
I`M A MURDERER
Oct 16, 2009 5:52 AM

Mar 2008
Good episode. This might even be better than the first season. I love those power struggles between secret organizations. The contractors involved also have interesting powers, though the golem guy is kind of lame.
I was a bit disappointed in the OP song. I expected some heavy beats like in the first season. This pretty normal song doesn't really fit my image of DtB.
Oct 16, 2009 6:01 AM

Oct 2008
nictimes said:

Actually Hai never was a true contractor, he doesn't have a payment. If I remember correctly from last season his powers come from his merging with his sister.

Charliehsv said:
While I personally really like it, many are probably going to complain that it's too upbeat and that it doesn't fit the series though.

Exactly what i was thinking, the opening is way to poppy and it definitely doesn't seem to fit the series.

Episode two was amazing and I'm loving the feel of season two so far other than the opening of course, but that's what fast forward is for. I'm still in shock that it's only going to be 12 eps. However I always say I like my series short and sweet unless it's got meat. This series definitely has some meat, but if it's done really well short could be epic. I doubt it though, my bet is on a cliffhanger ending and a season three.
Oct 16, 2009 6:09 AM
Jul 2008
I don't like the OP as much as the OP in the first season. Great action, I want to watch more! *_*
Oct 16, 2009 6:21 AM
Oct 2007
Omg i'm well loving this new series of darker than black i loved the first series and now this the plot looks to be excellent i wonder what happend to yin and i really wanna know if that was mao;s voice tellin her to run because as we all saw in the first ep mao was shot mabey he overtook another animal? :P anyways love this season so far
shugochara1r1c1.png
shugochara1r2c1.pngmetal-blaze.pngshugochara1r2c3.png
shugochara1r3c1.png
Oct 16, 2009 6:23 AM
Oct 2007
madaodono said:
wow Hei looks totally pedo after seeing him search Suou. Hmm I still don't really understand the first season's end. Isn't Hei's sister the reason for his power? So now she is gone for good and Hei no more has any power?

lol but thats becaus eeveryones under the assumption that the girl is actually her brother :P lol
shugochara1r1c1.png
shugochara1r2c1.pngmetal-blaze.pngshugochara1r2c3.png
shugochara1r3c1.png
Oct 16, 2009 6:25 AM

Oct 2009
vinesage said:
I somehow get the feeling both Hei and Yin are going to die before this season ends...

I hope they don't do that. Also after seeing it again, is Hei lying about the professor to that guy from the CIA? Hei said that the professor was already dead but it looked Hei killed him. Why would he lie? Suous poster thing was brilliant! "The worst lowlife on Earth is on the run for taking my sister's chastity and her savings" Talk about something. Russian names: Kozlov, interesting add ons. I suppose they were about to erase Nika's memory those guys. Hazuki must have it though with her payment.
Have real bad feeling for next episode about Tanya and Nika Lobanov. They might die and more character might come in but I like their innocence. This will suck when it happens. The battles of Hei against Hazuki and August 07 were great like season 1. That is a good thing at least.

Oct 16, 2009 6:28 AM

Apr 2007
Hell I just love Darker than Black!
[insert lots of emotions]
.. yeah

Oct 16, 2009 6:35 AM
Dec 2008
francismeunier said:
vinesage said:

I hope they don't do that. Also after seeing it again, is Hei lying about the professor to that guy from the CIA? Hei said that the professor was already dead but it looked Hei killed him. Why would he lie? Suous poster thing was brilliant! "The worst lowlife on Earth is on the run for taking my sister's chastity and her savings" Talk about something. Russian names: Kozlov, interesting add ons. I suppose they were about to erase Nika's memory those guys. Hazuki must have it though with her payment.
Have real bad feeling for next episode about Tanya and Nika Lobanov. They might die and more character might come in but I like their innocence. This will suck when it happens. The battles of Hei against Hazuki and August 07 were great like season 1. That is a good thing at least.

He's just probably taking all his frustrations to whoever gets in his way. The poor guy is a walking mess
Oct 16, 2009 6:42 AM

Oct 2009
OftheFlesh said:
francismeunier said:
vinesage said:

He's just probably taking all his frustrations to whoever gets in his way. The poor guy is a walking mess

If the CIA find out about this then Hei will be in trouble.

Oct 16, 2009 6:48 AM

Jul 2009
so when the star that kirihara saw fell, does it mean that hei lost his ability as a contractor?
Oct 16, 2009 6:53 AM

Jul 2009
I didnt really watch the first season, which means i skip some and watch some,but season 2 is GREAT! SHOU is one of my fav character!
Oct 16, 2009 6:55 AM

Sep 2008
I'm quite happy to be following Chinese Electric Batman again. The new raveish OST isn't too bad, either.
Oct 16, 2009 6:59 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
vinesage said:

I thought its very clearly suggested that Shion killed his own father.

ps:he also gave his sister his jacket so that everyone will be after suou while he runs away quietly.
vinesageOct 16, 2009 7:03 AM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.