Forum Settings
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2014 2:47 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Really great chapter! I'm gonna miss this series so much T_T

If only these parts can get animated.

Loved the TakayaxChizuru subplot. I know the difference in age is a bit...
But I found their interactions adorable <3<3

The way Takaya kissed her and made her blush was so cute. And for some reason, loved Takaya's head tilts XD

Loved the wedding too. NatsumeXSasayan is for real right? :D
Everyone looked so pretty. Esp loved Chizuru's <3 So beautiful >.<

And Lol'd at Haru's dad and Mitty's mom arguing all the time XD

Also Dat troll about a sequel at the end D:

Anyway, loved this series so much. It's probably Top3 shoujo I've ever read :3
9.5/10
Jul 26, 2014 8:14 AM

Jul 2010
It's up on batoto.
Great epilogue, that how a series should finish.
The TakayaxChizuru subplot was nice. NatsumeXSasayan confirmed and I approve Yamaguchi being best man.
Jul 26, 2014 8:59 AM

Dec 2008
That was such an adorable chapter!
Jul 26, 2014 5:19 PM

Jul 2014
FANTASTIC ENDING, THEY NEED TO MAKE IT AN ANIME :( I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2014 9:23 PM

Jul 2012
I loved this chapter. This was a fantastic way to end this marvelous series. From start to finished I love this series deeply.

The fake AD made at the end of the chapter made by the author really hurt me, because it made my hopes sky rocket for a new series a possible sequel but then it indicated that the AD was fake and those hopes fell deep into the ground. Still a great chapter though.

Great series and chapter!!!
Jul 27, 2014 9:51 PM

Jan 2012
GUH *SOBS* THAT WAS A PERF CHAPTER SO MUCH HAPPINESS AND APPRECIATION FOR IT RIGHT NOW!!!!

Really dissapointed that the ad at the end wasn't a real thing I really wanted to continue reading the story but I understand that the series is ended and ended very well. It was a really great ride and I'm glad I got to experience it ^_^ Awesome manga :3
Jul 27, 2014 10:38 PM

May 2013
That was a great ending. Yeah that ad fooled me too lol. Gonna miss this manga.
Jul 27, 2014 11:03 PM

Oct 2012
OMG ;_; can't believe it's really over now. Such a great series :') Not really a fan of Takaya and Ooshima but Takaya's head tilts were really cute xD

But that spin off announced a while back...please be about Natsume x Sasayan

Jul 28, 2014 6:24 AM
Dec 2011
It's really ending ;_; that Ooshima and Tayaka chapter was cute but I think Ooshima still didnt think him more than a kid but maybe it will change in future when he is no longer a school boy. And when Takaya stole a kiss from Ooshima when she still has a boyfriend is a 'eh' for me.

anyways the original gang is always the best <3 Haru is adorable and weird ever(you're beautiful like tofu hahaha) and Shizuku is really a cool bride. LOL Haru and his concern for Nagoya, I'm happy he still keeping it. Annnnd did they have a shotgun marriage ?XD *IgonnablameHaru* worth to mention that Haru got closer to both Yuuzan, Yamaken and also his father :D His father is hilarious haha

anyway I think the new series/spin off a quite possibility because there was some date at the last page. Idk what the date is about , maybe someone can translate it? The fake ad maybe refers to the line about saving the world.. Or maybe I'm just being dreamy;__; I dont want this to be over >,<

And I demand for HaruShizuku's baby and SasayanNatsume wedding !!!
lilymulJul 28, 2014 6:28 AM
Jul 28, 2014 8:46 AM

May 2013
it's finally end! ugh. *cries* I'm gonna miss this manga series so much! :"
made by bunnyama
Jul 28, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2010
I can't believe they got married and the ceremony was so cute,their first dance , in the eyes of Takaya he wished the best for his sister,which was really cute.i thought the Takaya and Oshima 's story was cute I want to know what happens next with them.
Teacher and student love
If so that could be the next manga I will so totally read it or buy it.
Shizuku eating while the ceremony starts was cute ,I'll be staving too .
Haru is handsome as ever ,how he forgot Nagoya's now tie was funny yet cute.
I didn't want this series to end but glad it ended well.
Jul 29, 2014 3:52 AM
Sep 2013
This last chapter was SO AMAZING. I love TakayaXChizuru.
I'm really gonna miss this manga. This is one of the first mangas I started reading, so I'm really sad about it ending. I think this one of the best shoujo mangas I've ever read and I'll ALWAYS love it.
And NatsumeXSasayan is finally confirmed, which is great :D
Aug 1, 2014 10:10 AM

Dec 2012
Lol he was staring at her butt, rofl..

That was too cute for words T_T, Takaya's so cute ;-; arrgghh

Shizuku & Haru, asdfghjkl

I detect Mi-chan without glasses, arrrghh he covered his face. Dang

Yamakennnnnnnnnnnnnn you look so lovely with long hair, this chapter killed me.

A NEW SERIES?!?!?
Aug 15, 2014 3:47 AM

Jul 2009
So they did a skip in time...Haru ended up looking just like Yuuzan. Shizuku turned out into a pretty woman, Ooshima and Takaya it's cute hehe
Yamaken is handsome than ever! I actually with he was the one with Shizuku in the end, I know...but still...Haru made some stuff that made me dislike him and I think Yamaken fits Shizuku more...
Sep 23, 2014 9:46 PM
Sep 2014
xD I wish there was a continuation still T-T cuz Im really gonna miss this series...

Although this says that this ad is fictional, is there a possibility still?

http://mangapark.com/manga/tonari-no-kaibutsu-kun/s2/v13/c4/55
Nov 14, 2014 5:55 PM

Jun 2008
Nothing better than to end a manga with a wedding of your favorite couple ever.

Although it would of been icing on the cake if they had jumped a few years into the future and showed us their baby or something lol. But I guess it's implied that they will start a family anyway since their married now.
Dec 3, 2014 3:56 AM

Aug 2014
Nobody noticed IyoXYuuzan? >.< Those two are underrated. :S
Dem wedding endings. ;_; Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama?
It's a good feeling to see everybody happy in the end. ;_;
The feels. 10/10
Dec 4, 2014 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
Annnnnnnnnd I'm done! Two whole years and I'm done this delightful series.

I'm wavering between a 7 and 8 because I thought it was just really handled well as a whole, however lacks the certain magic that I got two years ago when I first started reading.

What I liked:
- Cast! It was really nice how they had so many side characters (Sasayan, Iyo, Natsume, Yamaken, Micchan, Yuuzan.. etc.) but all of them had a distinct personality and were likable. I liked that the author gave some extra chapter focus to them as well.
- SOL feel, it was really well done. The anime lost that essence TBH (it was too romcom). Anyway, it was nice how the entire story was about the journey of Shizuku and Haru's high school life and blossoming romance while still told all of the little things in between, like festivals, news years, exams, etc.
- Art style was perfect and fitting. I especially liked colour spreads.
- The characters were all really honest and felt real.
- Even though HaruShizu was not my favourite pairing (I much preferred Yamaken with her), I liked that their relationship was sincere and built on trust and respect. That's something shoujo romances have to cover instead of the typical "boy likes girl, girl likes boy, they kiss, yay"

What I disliked:
- Although Haru and Shizuku are well written, they are still utterly boring. I said this in the episode 13 discussion but she's still this typical nerd who sometimes has her doki dokis for her man while Haru is still the flamboyant delinquent who is still so one track minded and never gets serious.
- Main plot (Haru being like "Yo Shizuku you don't understand my pain..") made little sense and was unnecessary.
- I also said this in the anime discussion, but the entire manga lacks the drive/focus that other shoujo rom/com/sol's have.
Dec 26, 2014 9:30 AM

Jun 2012
Didn't like Takaya and Chizuru at all. It seems inappropriate and rather unfair to Chizuru. He's too young for her, especially considering she knew him since he was a little boy, and frankly, I think she and Yamaken should have hooked up instead gven Haru/Chizuru and Shizuka/Yamaken wasn't going to happen. Those pairings would have been much better. Yamaken should've found someone in the end I think, and Chizuru would've been a perfect match, and vice-versa.

Natsume and Sasayan hardly got any panel time and their love story never quite culminated quite as clearly as I would have liked.

I would've also liked to see if Yuuzan and Iyo ever went anywhere.

Oh well, I liked this manga. The characters were for the most part all memorable and fleshed out. Quite enjoyable.

8/10 overall.
Dec 26, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2012
TheIMF said:
Didn't like Takaya and Chizuru at all. It seems inappropriate and rather unfair to Chizuru. He's too young for her, especially considering she knew him since he was a little boy, and frankly, I think she and Yamaken should have hooked up instead gven Haru/Chizuru and Shizuka/Yamaken wasn't going to happen. Those pairings would have been much better. Yamaken should've found someone in the end I think, and Chizuru would've been a perfect match, and vice-versa.

Natsume and Sasayan hardly got any panel time and their love story never quite culminated quite as clearly as I would have liked.

So agreed. Chizuru already had someone else when Takaya made his move. Jeez. Haru/Chizuru and Shizuka/Yamaken are the perfect pairups tbh.
Feb 5, 2015 8:04 PM
May 2011
Hye so i just finished reasing this manga.so in the last chp.Yamaken and Haru are both working together as doctors?
saw Haru looking into the microscope calling Yamaken.is tht him?curious
Mar 14, 2015 7:00 AM
Dec 2011
DarkLordClowz said:
Hye so i just finished reasing this manga.so in the last chp.Yamaken and Haru are both working together as doctors?
saw Haru looking into the microscope calling Yamaken.is tht him?curious

Yamaken is doctor. I think Haru is a scientist.
Jun 7, 2015 1:46 AM

Sep 2013
OMG I've got to read the manga...There is no takaya x Ooshima in the anime!!!
Jul 20, 2015 9:27 PM

Jun 2014
hey just a question, on mal it says that there are 55 chapters but Ican only seem to find 52. I'm just wondering if there is a mistake bcuz I would hate to miss anything (where is the ancient japan chapter that was the ova for the anime??!?)
Aug 14, 2015 5:58 AM

Jul 2015
'you're beautiful Shizuku. Like tofu' xD hahah I love Haru
Aug 14, 2015 6:32 AM

Sep 2012
suzyl333 said:
hey just a question, on mal it says that there are 55 chapters but Ican only seem to find 52. I'm just wondering if there is a mistake bcuz I would hate to miss anything (where is the ancient japan chapter that was the ova for the anime??!?)
Just bad numbering on their part. Chapter 52 is the final chapter. Not sure why they chose to put side chapters in the total just to mess everything up. They should have created a side entry for that to remove confusion but... this is how they've put it in the database.

I'm so glad they did the extra 4 chapters and that they weren't just side story chapters. It is great that it got a real ending.

I still want the troll series made!

Will never happen but a second season of anime which adapted the rest would have been great. Sales too low, rarely happens, too bad.

Robico's new series should have started though I haven't read it yet.
Jun 13, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2015
Am i the only one who think 5 years is not a huge age difference at all ?
Jun 28, 2016 7:27 PM
Feb 2015
ExoticBankai said:

Is not a huge difference, the thing is that both are in such different "level". I mean 5 years difference is not the same when you are 25-30 as when you are 17-22... I don't know if I'm explaining myself well :s

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 29, 2016 4:38 AM

Jul 2015
totalxp said:
ExoticBankai said:

Is not a huge difference, the thing is that both are in such different "level". I mean 5 years difference is not the same when you are 25-30 as when you are 17-22... I don't know if I'm explaining myself well :s
I understand that but i still think they made a big deal out of it^^
Feb 17, 2017 11:19 AM
Feb 2016
ExoticBankai said:
totalxp said:

That pales in comparison to the whole Natsume and Micchan situation. 1/6 of the whole series was devoted to that whole fiasco. I'm glad that they somewhat confirmed NatsumexSasayan, though. I was always rooting for those two to get together from the beginning. They make a good couple.

AS for all the YamakenxShizuku nonsense, I have to disagree entirely. The fact that they're so similar alone makes them a horrible pairing. Opposites attract, after all. They would be like water and oil. I know Yamaken made a good point in a later chapter about him not making her worry and their studies being more efficient, but that's IT. Nothing else would come of it. That would be one boring ass couple to watch, IMO. Plus, he's such a tool. The worst kind, at that. I admit, their little shenanigans added some drama which is necessary to keep things interesting, but I would have hated to see them get together.

Frankly, I was a little disappointed at how much focus they put on other characters at the end. The whole Takaya and Chizuru was a wasted effort, in my eyes. It basically opened up a whole new subplot that only lasted a chapter or two. I would have rather seen how Haru came back and how excited Shizuku got when he did. I would have wanted to see more development on Sasayan and Natsume and whether or not they actually ended up together. I would have wanted to see them getting ready for the wedding, sharing feelings. Hell, I would have wanted to see Haru actually propose to her!!

I think I'm just sour that they skipped so much time. So much potential in what they could have explored.

In any event, gonna miss the crap out of this series. I loved all of the characters (yes, even Yamaken was a-ight) and the story progressed nicely without getting too muddy or boring.

Glad they married, either way. I love those kinds of endings. Welp, cheers to that!
Mar 31, 2017 9:07 PM
Jun 2014
O god that literally made.my heart burst out of happiness >~<
Its 9 in the morning and I'm here smiling like an idiot lol
Mitty as a bride was just drop dead gorgeous <3
Loved how they wrapped it all up and all of the ships get their happy endings too
May 16, 2017 12:01 PM
May 2016
Damn, I was waiting for a NatsumexSasayan kiss but it didn't happen!😢

It would have been a lot better than TakayaxChizuru. I mean, I didn't dislike that couple but it was so out of the blue... while Sasayan had liked Natsume since first year...

I guess I'll just cry in a corner
Aug 10, 2017 6:41 PM
Aug 2017
Andrae92 said:
ExoticBankai said:

That pales in comparison to the whole Natsume and Micchan situation. 1/6 of the whole series was devoted to that whole fiasco. I'm glad that they somewhat confirmed NatsumexSasayan, though. I was always rooting for those two to get together from the beginning. They make a good couple.

AS for all the YamakenxShizuku nonsense, I have to disagree entirely. The fact that they're so similar alone makes them a horrible pairing. Opposites attract, after all. They would be like water and oil. I know Yamaken made a good point in a later chapter about him not making her worry and their studies being more efficient, but that's IT. Nothing else would come of it. That would be one boring ass couple to watch, IMO. Plus, he's such a tool. The worst kind, at that. I admit, their little shenanigans added some drama which is necessary to keep things interesting, but I would have hated to see them get together.

Frankly, I was a little disappointed at how much focus they put on other characters at the end. The whole Takaya and Chizuru was a wasted effort, in my eyes. It basically opened up a whole new subplot that only lasted a chapter or two. I would have rather seen how Haru came back and how excited Shizuku got when he did. I would have wanted to see more development on Sasayan and Natsume and whether or not they actually ended up together. I would have wanted to see them getting ready for the wedding, sharing feelings. Hell, I would have wanted to see Haru actually propose to her!!

I think I'm just sour that they skipped so much time. So much potential in what they could have explored.

In any event, gonna miss the crap out of this series. I loved all of the characters (yes, even Yamaken was a-ight) and the story progressed nicely without getting too muddy or boring.

Glad they married, either way. I love those kinds of endings. Welp, cheers to that!

I was also disappointed at how much focus they put into other characters in the end instead of Haru and Shizuku. I was really looking forward to more of their stories, well maybe they could have made one whole chapter about them like how they are as grown ups, their relationship which led to their wedding etc. Wish I could see that hmm nevertheless it's nice to see them get married, I always loved it when manga couples get married in the end <3
Nov 10, 2017 7:19 AM
Nov 2010
So sad that it's over. Love the wedding. Wish it wasn't focused on Takata though
Feb 4, 2018 8:14 PM
Jul 2016
Barion-Zara said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Really great chapter! I'm gonna miss this series so much T_T

If only these parts can get animated.

Loved the TakayaxChizuru subplot. I know the difference in age is a bit...
But I found their interactions adorable <3<3

The way Takaya kissed her and made her blush was so cute. And for some reason, loved Takaya's head tilts XD

Loved the wedding too. NatsumeXSasayan is for real right? :D
Everyone looked so pretty. Esp loved Chizuru's <3 So beautiful >.<

And Lol'd at Haru's dad and Mitty's mom arguing all the time XD

Also Dat troll about a sequel at the end D:

Anyway, loved this series so much. It's probably Top3 shoujo I've ever read :3
9.5/10

I still can't believe that the new series was a freaking troll. After I saw the page I blanked and freaked out only to see that it was a freaking fictional ad!!! I'm so disappointed! OTL On the other hand, I'm still satisfied how it all ended and I love the freaking manga and anime so much I'm so lucky I got to stumble upon the anime and finally decided to read the manga, as well! Applause to the author <3
May 15, 2018 4:02 AM
White Whistle

Feb 2018
This manga cured my depression, that's not a joke. I read all of this manga in 72 hours. It was a wild ride, I was moved to tears more times than I can count in a very short amount of time, but I can't say that I've ever been more satisfied and purely happy with a story, from start to finish. I'm truly thankful for this manga and hope everyone that reads it will be happy :)
Nov 11, 2018 2:36 AM
Jun 2017
This is how you end a great shoujo-manga. Thanks author for creating this, probably the best shoujo I've ever read.
Feb 4, 2019 1:47 AM

Jun 2015
That was a very nice ending.
:)
Jun 21, 2019 2:38 PM
Jun 2019
Am I the only one who wanted to see their (Haru and Shizuku) sexual life developement ? It would have been interesting, especially for Shizuku. I'm kind of pissed that their story stopped in their 20's since it's still a young age. I wanted them to confront the "real" society. By the way, I love Shizuku, she's strong, frank, determinate, independant, direct and isn't a cry baby like you can find in other shojo. Also, her evolution as a human being is pretty well done.
Naoc9c18n3Jun 21, 2019 2:54 PM
Apr 21, 2020 1:36 PM
Nov 2015
9/10 ... Love this manga but im quit SAS that they decide to Skip a whole 3 year in hs development and decide to took haru out for a year, why ? I wish they could slowly show us a bit more of love tensión, they barely knew their feelings and when they finally start to act like a couple un love they Skip to "adults" but never show us how he propose (even if It was a haru style propuse, funny and everything) i wanted to see that, they "i want to be with you" and the probably cold reaction for her not so sweet gf ahahahhaha ... Like in karekaro, they are not over the top shoujo love, but at least they show us the "i want to spend my Life with you" hahahahahhah this extra chapter at least show us THAT even getting married haru IS still an excentric dude Who take his chiken to a weeding :)

Also still 9/10 just cuz yamaken didnt have any developmemt, instead we got a whole chapter of his little brother, even if cute, most didnt care, and also that relationship was weird AF, he is a teen, she is a teacher with a bf

Anyway this manga is amazing!!! Characters are so Refreshing and It was funny withouth using same boring shocking faces, plot was cute and funny, drama wasnt mega dramatic... Everything was good , just some issues with last chapters, almost like if mangaka was bored and decide to end It suddenly xD

Again, love this manga so much, so Refreshing, very different with other shoujos , and i read a LOT OF shoujos <3
Aug 21, 2020 7:58 PM

Jan 2011
Andrae92 said:
ExoticBankai said:

About Shizuka’s choice, she gave the answer herself. To me she basically said that rather than living a plain life, she rather live a colorful life with Haru. In other words, Haru makes her feel alive and full of different kinds of emotions. I completely agree with her choice. Just their interactions at their wedding made me feel like they get along splendidly and are on the same wave length. I feel that they are very much suited after growing together. I love their vibe. The way Haru casually tells her that she’s beautiful like tofu and she all happy. The way he walks around with his chicken and Shizuka is totally fine with it. These two are awesome! I just love how they are still true to their characters even though they are responsible adults now. Shizuka even came to Haru’s lab to tell him to come home to feed the chicken because she’s going out of town on her apprenticeship. The couple is just chill with their quirks. That shows mutual understanding and acceptance of each other.

As to Shizuka’s other choice, I don’t really like characters who go around thinking they’re better than other people. That Kenji guy inner thoughts says it all. He looks down on others and thinks way too much of himself. I can’t even imagine Shizuka with him in an interesting way. It would just be plain and boring. It’s good that she chose to live with the person who makes her feel and discover all sorts of emotions. It’s her choice and that’s the most beautiful part. She doesn’t care what others thinks of her Haru. All that matters is that he’s the man she chose to live with and love and by all accounts she was practically beaming with happiness at her wedding.

I laughed so much when Haru casually told Shizuka that his father and her mother are fighting? Can you imagine the family gatherings. Shizuka will have a ball. Plus Shizuka became a fan of Haru’s father after meeting him for the first time. lol She must like the Yoshida men. Haru’s family alone is hilariously entertaining. What with Yuuzan, Mitchan, Ando and Haru...things most definitely would be entertaining.
Taylor_elleAug 21, 2020 9:24 PM
Jan 17, 2021 10:35 AM
Dec 2018
I loved the ending! Even though it felt a little bit rushed and I'm not so enthusiastic about Takaya and Ooshima ending up together. But it was a good ending nonetheless. The ad made me so happy but I was severely disappointed to know it was fake. I will miss this manga and all the characters so much!
Sep 18, 2023 8:22 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2014:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 44 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2013

31 by TheOfficialPasta »»
Jan 29, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 33 Discussion

InfiniteDestiny - Sep 20, 2012

7 by TheOfficialPasta »»
Jan 29, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 30 Discussion

13man18 - Jul 4, 2012

16 by TheOfficialPasta »»
Jan 29, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 31 Discussion

13man18 - Jul 21, 2012

11 by Melinka »»
Sep 20, 2023 2:01 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 27 Discussion

13man18 - Jun 9, 2012

12 by Melinka »»
Sep 7, 2023 4:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.