Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2014 7:28 PM
Jan 2014
Setimo said:
Then that Ogre villain is absolute shit.

This man is supposed to have served the empire for long but he lost to a really weak kid (how you put it) because of a -cool dialogue- and obviously because he is a baddie >;P
Either MC is powerful or the anime gives simple plot blade (does this term even exist) to its characters. But obviously we know the answer.

Speaking of which, the anime also forgot to add horns to him, make him breath fire whenever he speaks and add a "muahahaha" at the end of his dialogues.

Yes he was absolute shit. Tatsumi isn't op at all

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please spoiler big quotes.
VudisJul 17, 2014 11:01 AM
Jul 14, 2014 7:40 PM

May 2012
00:22 nope, u got yourself a harem

03:18 hmmph!!

03:51 Space Dandy JoJo-homo ver.

04:06 LOOOL

09:27 hmmmphh!!

19:23 MaDaO!

21:12 now u can do her, bro

23:28 ohh yehhh

7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 14, 2014 7:53 PM

Feb 2014
Hmmmmm I feel like some of the manga readers forget that the manga started out exactly the same as the anime in terms of pacing and everything.

Maybe some of have forgotten about that since after chapter 7 it gets ridiculously good.

Maybe it was because reading panel to panel we could digest the scenes a little better and it didn't seem like such a jump with the tone shifts.

I personally see no problems with the tone shifts, it was done well this episode, but some are complaining about it, so maybe those shifts work a little better in a manga format and not in an anime format.

Either way, these tone shifts become less drastic later so it's all good.

But I think manga readers need to go back and read the first few chapters because it is exactly how the anime is, there's no difference.

EDIT: Also I laugh at anyone that says that Tatsumi is OP. Just lol! You guys have no idea what's coming. Tatsumi has a lot of potential, but OP is not the right word.
LoomyTheBrewJul 14, 2014 7:59 PM
Jul 14, 2014 8:06 PM

Mar 2013
Setimo said:
Then that Ogre villain is absolute shit.

This man is supposed to have served the empire for long but he lost to a really weak kid (how you put it) because of a -cool dialogue- and obviously because he is a baddie >;P
Either MC is powerful or the anime gives simple plot blade (does this term even exist) to its characters. But obviously we know the answer.

Speaking of which, the anime also forgot to add horns to him, make him breath fire whenever he speaks and add a "muahahaha" at the end of his dialogues.

It's called the worf effect.

Whether or not it's good writing is debatable, but nobody watches this shit to see good writing.

Mod Edit: Modified quote tower; please spoiler or remove old quotes.
VudisJul 17, 2014 11:03 AM
Jul 14, 2014 8:07 PM

Oct 2013
Manga readers should stop giving the anime only watchers hints. If they believe the main characters is Op let them believe. But eventually when more episode comes out, they would realize how stupid some of their comments were.

I can understand the frustration though when you here people say stuff that are totally wrong, and you really want to spoil them just to prove them wrong or give them hints, but it's best to let them watch the show and make the series itself give them the no, no you were wrong, answer.
Jul 14, 2014 8:09 PM

Jul 2012
All the characters are attractive, cat girl, red on Black BAMF girl.

Yep, AOTS. Fuck SAO.
Jul 14, 2014 8:10 PM

Jun 2012
When I first heard this was getting an adaption, I immediately stopped reading the manga and did my best to forget most of what happened, except for very important events. (Like character deaths.... god how I want to forget some of them....)

Anyway because of that I'm really enjoying the anime so far.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Jul 14, 2014 8:36 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Setimo said:

Just because he served the empire for a really long time, that doesn't mean that he was THAT powerful...All that means is that he is "experienced"

Tatsumi is far from being OP, I stated this in the episode 1 thread but he's pretty much the weakest member in Night Raid right now lol
Jul 14, 2014 8:38 PM

Feb 2014
keragamming said:
Manga readers should stop giving the anime only watchers hints. If they believe the main characters is Op let them believe. But eventually when more episode comes out, they would realize how stupid some of their comments were.

I can understand the frustration though when you here people say stuff that are totally wrong, and you really want to spoil them just to prove them wrong or give them hints, but it's best to let them watch the show and make the series itself give them the no, no you were wrong, answer.

Alright. You're right about that.

I'm going to do my best not to give hints unless someone blatantly tells me they want to be spoiled a bit and then I'll just throw it in a spoiler.

I'll just let the insults fluctuate and then call out people on it later if need be (and if I can remember). Or better yet, they'll realize they were wrong as the anime unfolds.
LoomyTheBrewJul 14, 2014 8:44 PM
Jul 14, 2014 9:44 PM
Dec 2008
Testing the spoiler tag. Not even gonna read the rest of this thread for fear of spoilers (looking at you, LoomyTheBrew ;)

Anyway, this was a good episode... as far as the main character is concerned, he seems so overpowered from the get-go. How did he get to be so skilled with a sword? Oh well.
Jul 14, 2014 10:29 PM

May 2011
Well, I can't tell whether he did train with Akame or not. She didn't teach him any useful thing like some lethal sword techniques or even how to catch a fish.
Jul 14, 2014 10:37 PM

Feb 2014
winternight119 said:
Testing the spoiler tag. Not even gonna read the rest of this thread for fear of spoilers (looking at you, LoomyTheBrew ;)

Anyway, this was a good episode... as far as the main character is concerned, he seems so overpowered from the get-go. How did he get to be so skilled with a sword? Oh well.

Haha, don't worry I didn't give anything big away. Just little hints here and there to back up some claims and prove others that they made wrong accusations, but in the end of the day it's kind of useless until everyone actually sees it happening. People need to see it to believe it sometimes so that's what they're going to have to do. Everyone has to wait.

So I'm just not going to give anymore hints or whatever unless someone says it's ok. But I will explain details on what has been shown like.... Tatsumi and how he's so strong. Don't you remember that he said him and his friends trained all their lives and they practiced together? That's how he's so skilled. Plus, he practiced on Danger Beats which are very strong.

That's how he had all that money in the beginning because he did Danger Beasts missions to gain all that cash.
Jul 14, 2014 10:46 PM
Oct 2010
Satan-sama said:
Well, I can't tell whether he did train with Akame or not. She didn't teach him any useful thing like some lethal sword techniques or even how to catch a fish.

She taught him about concealing his presence. It's actually for a reason, a silly reason but a reason none the less.
Jul 14, 2014 11:27 PM

May 2011
skudoops said:
Satan-sama said:

She taught him about concealing his presence. It's actually for a reason, a silly reason but a reason none the less.

Did that really happen ? because I didn't notice her teaching him anything! she mentioned the part of concealing his presence if he wants to catch that strange fish but she never tough him how to.
Jul 14, 2014 11:42 PM

Sep 2011
Ok ep & nice fanservice by akame 4/5.
Jul 14, 2014 11:44 PM

May 2011
cyborgneko999 said:

I think Akame's body deserves 5/5.
Jul 15, 2014 12:08 AM

Feb 2014
Satan-sama said:
cyborgneko999 said:

I agree with this.

Athletic body types all day, everyday.

I prefer girls that gained a nice body through sports and physical activities, compared to girls that just naturally look good and maybe eat right.

I mean don't get me wrong, I like all girls that have good bodies, I just prefer the athletic type of build with their muscles more toned.

Anyways, I probably went into more detail than I had too so I'll just stop there, haha.....
LoomyTheBrewJul 15, 2014 12:19 AM
Jul 15, 2014 12:11 AM
Mar 2014
Fell in love with the OP and ED !

Great episode !
Jul 15, 2014 12:32 AM
May 2014
@Orsonius
So? Just because the characters are cliché(which some of them are not, they'll get development as the anime comes along) does that mean it's bad? It's one thing if they are bad handled cliché but imo AgK's set of haracters are extremeky well handled and there's enough characters that are likable to appeal to almost everyone.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 15, 2014 12:37 AM

Jan 2014
kikohunter said:
@Orsonius
So? Just because the characters are cliché(which some of them are not, they'll get development as the anime comes along) does that mean it's bad? It's one thing if they are bad handled cliché but imo AgK's set of haracters are extremeky well handled and there's enough characters that are likable to appeal to almost everyone.

Lubbock and bulat are some of the best male characters ever in anime (judging from manga) and the female cast.....need i say more??!
My top anime quotes
1. I AM JUSTICE!- l/light (Death Note)
2. IT'S OVER 9000!!!!- Vegeta (dbz)
3. Almighty Push!/ Shinra Tensei!- Pain (Naruto Shippuden)
4. We stand in awe before that which cannot be seen- Rukia (Bleach)
5. I'll take a potato chip.....AND EAT IT!!!!!- Light (Death Note)
6. Art is an explosion - Deidara (Naruto)
7. Shut the fuck up Kakazu - Hidan (Naruto)
8. Bulma, you've lost your balls- Goku (dragonball)
9. "Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!"- Edward Elric (fmab)
Jul 15, 2014 12:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
DarkDawn said:
kikohunter said:
@Orsonius

Lubbock and bulat are some of the best male characters ever in anime (judging from manga) and the female cast.....need i say more??!
Please don't use those god awful official names man T.T

But yes, I agree 1000%

Jul 15, 2014 12:55 AM

Feb 2014
kikohunter said:
@Orsonius

Like I said above, it's almost pointless trying to explain to people that are anime-only-watchers that the cast of characters are amazing because they won't really believe it till they see it.

All we can say is that the development is coming and that's it. I think tons of people are going to be surprised in the upcoming episodes.

Also I'm binging through Hunter x Hunter right now (episode 49 currently) and I really like the show so far, but it also reminds me how much I like having females around in the main cast of characters. Especially ones that can hold their own. I'm not too big of a fan of HxH's sausage fest haha.

That's what's great about Akame ga Kill, you have tons of strong females and they all have diverse personalities. It's awesome.
Jul 15, 2014 1:00 AM

Feb 2014
Tokoya said:

But yes, I agree 1000%

I'm going to start using them since I might as well get used to them because they're here to stay. In the manga, the translators are going to use the official english names for now on and so I might as just jump on board because they're not leaving.

Jul 15, 2014 1:19 AM
May 2014
@Loomy
Yeah, we'll have to wait.
Keep watching HxH(2011) it's masterpiece material and one of my favorites.
Jul 15, 2014 1:38 AM

Oct 2013
I guess it was an ok episode. I still don't see anything special though... Is this going to be like Mahouka type of disappointment? I wonder. We'll just have to wait and see...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jul 15, 2014 1:43 AM

Feb 2012
LoomyTheBrew said:
Satan-sama said:

I agree with this.

Athletic body types all day, everyday.

I prefer girls that gained a nice body through sports and physical activities, compared to girls that just naturally look good and maybe eat right.

I mean don't get me wrong, I like all girls that have good bodies, I just prefer the athletic type of build with their muscles more toned.

Anyways, I probably went into more detail than I had too so I'll just stop there, haha.....

get your head outta the clouds...you're talking about a fucking cartoon LOL

As with episode 1, I found the action to be the best part of the show. The pacing feels like I'm on speed and the jokes lack any subtlety. Big giant MEH from me.
Jul 15, 2014 2:15 AM

Feb 2014
jimjameswhatever said:

get your head outta the clouds...you're talking about a fucking cartoon LOL

Well I took it a step further and talked about what I prefer in RL, I kind of got carried away. I was just pointing out that Akame's body falls into my real life presences.

My head isn't any clouds, promise.

kikohunter said:
@Loomy
Yeah, we'll have to wait.
Keep watching HxH(2011) it's masterpiece material and one of my favorites.

Yep!

And everyone keeps on saying that. The Yorknew arc has been awesome so far and if it gets better from here, then I'm really excited.
Jul 15, 2014 2:27 AM

Jul 2013
Satan-sama said:
skudoops said:

Did that really happen ? because I didn't notice her teaching him anything! she mentioned the part of concealing his presence if he wants to catch that strange fish but she never tough him how to.

Teaching Tatsumi to conceal his presence doesn't explain anything. Tatsumi only killed one person in his life (before this episode), but look at those awesome ninja moves he made during the fight. He shouldn't be able to kill off a villain like that on his own without any assistance or without a scratch. If they're going to make Tatsumi into this powerful being, they need smth to support that. Akame never taught him how to use a sword. It doesn't make sense.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jul 15, 2014 2:36 AM

Apr 2008
Demi_V said:
Satan-sama said:

Teaching Tatsumi to conceal his presence doesn't explain anything. Tatsumi only killed one person in his life (before this episode), but look at those awesome ninja moves he made during the fight. He shouldn't be able to kill off a villain like that on his own without any assistance or without a scratch. If they're going to make Tatsumi into this powerful being, they need smth to support that. Akame never taught him how to use a sword. It doesn't make sense.

He already knew how to use a sword. He was killing high tier danger beasts in episode one. That's how he made the money Leone ripped him off of. Besides Ogre wasn't even using a Teigu. So really he was a triviality.
Jul 15, 2014 2:43 AM

Jul 2013
Darklight0303 said:
He already knew how to use a sword. He was killing high tier danger beasts in episode one. That's how he made the money Leone ripped him off of. Besides Ogre wasn't even using a Teigu. So really he was a triviality.

I forgot he and his friends fought battles together. My mistake.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jul 15, 2014 2:46 AM

Feb 2012
Aside from things that chalk up to preferences, I think the one thing the show suffers from is a lack of smooth transitions between scenes. I feel like I'm speed reading through the manga.
Jul 15, 2014 2:49 AM

Jul 2012
kikohunter said:
@Orsonius

You apparently don't understand the significance of realistic characters and the tone of an anime.

These characters are at best shounen cliches which are hard to relate to because they are so generic and boring.

MC is a dimwit who is scared of nudity (argh she is undressing in front of me, better turn my eyes away like a faggot!)

The girls are all typical archtypes such as Tsundere, Kuudere, Neko/Genki Girl and so on.

The other 2 male characters are 1) a pervert (wow how original a perverted guy who gets violently abused by the females for peeking on them! Great!) and 2) a gay dude whos sexuality is used entirely for comical relief and has no greater significance (so far but i doubt this will go anywhere from what I've seen so far).

The villains are all 1 dimensional "evil people who are evil because they are evil" so we feel absolutely nothing for them when the MCs kill them.

Oh and then the 2 totally undeveloped side characters from Naruto-village who die in the first episode. ( i feel sooooo sad for them /s)

DarkDawn said:

Yes you need to say more.
What about the female cast? You mean those walking anime stereotypes? Yeah fantastic characters.

Also "Lubbock and bulat are some of the best male characters ever in anime".

Sure I take your word for granted because you have presented so much WHY they are the "best male characters ever in anime".

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
VudisJul 17, 2014 11:35 AM
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 15, 2014 3:10 AM
May 2014
@Orsonius
Realistic characters you say? I have yet to see that in an anime and to be honest I don't realky give a shit about realistic characters since I watch anime for the purpose of being entertained and realistic characters as yousay would make it really boring to watch since I get enough shit from real people irl. 2 episodes in and you want to relate to the characters? Give it time. For the rest you're basing your opinion on only small footage of said characters and labeling them as cliché, not very convincing of an argument. MC is a dimwit yet he could kill your ass faster than you could call him a faggot. Doubt that's what could be called a dimwit. We've only seen the other two male character for less than a minute in the 2 episodes that are out so faryou can't judge them badsed on that only.
Jul 15, 2014 3:18 AM

Apr 2009
Tokyo Edge Ghoul is better than this in any possible way so far. Both are full of cliches, bad and forced edginess to hype up guillable teenagers and feature mediocre production, but at least you actually have an interesting hook in Ghoul. This is just painfully average and WhiteFox could have done way better.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 15, 2014 3:31 AM

Jul 2012
kikohunter said:
@Orsonius
Realistic characters you say? I have yet to see that in an anime

Any good SoL.
I don't demand perfectly accurate humans, but humans with real personalities, and no fake bullshit like Tsunderes etc. That is old and overdone, these writers can show a bit more creativity. Especially considering this (should not) is not an average fanservice harem.

kikohunter said:

2 episodes in and you want to relate to the characters?

If they had the time to kill 2 "important" characters and want me to give a shit about them, then they better do it well, or give it more time.
Killing 2 side characters who had basically no screentime is unrelatable and shit. I cannot take the drama seriously (especially considering the random comedy in between), so this anime fails whenever it tries to be serious.

kikohunter said:

MC is a dimwit yet he could kill your ass faster than you could call him a faggot.

LOL. Great argument bro, he is apparently a "good character" because he is strong.
I can play that game too. Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate could beat this guy in no time right? So by your logic Alucard must be a better character.
Also he is a dimwit, he gets easily conned 2 times at the same day. Not only does he give away all his money to some random bitch, but also get almost killed by some psychopaths.
He is stupid, typical trait of a shounen main character.

kikohunter said:

Doubt that's what could be called a dimwit.

Doubt you have any idea what the word means:

dim·wit (dmwt)
n. Slang
A stupid person.

kikohunter said:

We've only seen the other two male character for less than a minute in the 2 episodes that are out so faryou can't judge them badsed on that only.

Oh I can judge them.
Their introduction was enough to judge the quality of them. Not only that but I can infer from the rest of what has been presented that these 2 characters will be just as much stupid idiots.

VudisJul 17, 2014 11:31 AM
Jul 15, 2014 4:56 AM

Oct 2013
I think people are misunderstanding my opinion somewhat. I never said the show was horrible in any way only that it's average. What I was stating was that as of now the show has been sub-par with attention to detail. That's not to say it wont pick up, just that it hasn't been as good yet as some have mentioned it to be. I'm sure it'll get better in the coming episodes.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jul 15, 2014 6:14 AM

Jun 2013
Really enjoying this so far :)
Jul 15, 2014 6:23 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:
Tokoya said:

But yes, I agree 1000%

I'm going to start using them since I might as well get used to them because they're here to stay. In the manga, the translators are going to use the official english names for now on and so I might as just jump on board because they're not leaving.

Those names have become a huge pet peeve for me so whenever I see them I ignore the shit out of it and just replace them with the better names in my yes and mind lol...I refuse to indulge in using those awful names that looks like a 5 year year old made them up xDD
Jul 15, 2014 7:31 AM
Jun 2014
The adaption is all right don't know why but I find the manga better maybe it's the pacing, the colorful characters taking away from the dark atmosphere, the fan service being more prevalent, yada yada. Still good 4/5. Don't quite remember what point this series starts to kick in.

As for the episode goes I liked the stills this time around, however I hope it isn't some reoccurring theme that happens with every mission.

Loving Leone in this anime she keeps cracking me up.
asad_watcher_Jul 15, 2014 8:15 AM
Jul 15, 2014 8:36 AM

Apr 2012

Tsundere's are indeed real. You have to understand that people in the real world are different too. People relate to characters from different stories. Does everybody relate to Shinji from evangelion? No. But many people like it. Does that mean people like Shinji don't exist? No, because i'm a lot like Shinji. It's not a good thing, but it's still ture.

Also you saw a guy who is apparently gay, and a pervert. What can you judge from that in a show about KILLING PEOPLE. You saw them happy and nice... that's only one side of the coin.

Side Note - What do you watch anime for if it isn't for "mindless entertainment" or "escapism"? To find a good story? What good is a story if it doesn't provide any entertainment? Why do you watch anime if you can't enjoy it? I personally feel as though you are missing out. Maybe you'll enjoy anime again one day... until then have fun hating on it.
Jul 15, 2014 9:37 AM

Jul 2012
-Aero- said:

Tsundere's are indeed real.

That there is something as tsundere behavior isn't something I deny, however anime tsundere archtypes usually define themselves entirely on that trait.

And when you watch anime and you see a fucking loli tsundere for the >9000th time then you are just sick of it.

-Aero- said:

You have to understand that people in the real world are different too. People relate to characters from different stories. Does everybody relate to Shinji from evangelion? No. But many people like it. Does that mean people like Shinji don't exist? No, because i'm a lot like Shinji. It's not a good thing, but it's still ture.

No fictional character is ever as realistic as a real human, because real humans have an entire life of experiences which you cannot create in a fictitious story.

However you can make more realistic characters and less realistic characters.

Shounen characters are usually less realistic.

And I can tell you that if I would lose my best friends to someone who tortured them and one even dies in my arms I wouldn't be all HUEHUEHUE afterwards. I would be considerably scarred.

Shinji is a more realistic character because he actually behaves like a 14 year old depressive kid would behave. He runs away from responsibility, fucks up, behaves like an ass and overall is annoying as fuck.
I can relate to Shinji 100000 times more than to anyone in this shit. Just because he actually shows reactions which I would expect a person like him would show.

-Aero- said:

Also you saw a guy who is apparently gay, and a pervert. What can you judge from that in a show about KILLING PEOPLE. You saw them happy and nice... that's only one side of the coin.

Wow I know, character can get development. What I was criticising about them was

1) Homosexuality is used again as fetish/comical relief
If he wasn't gay nothing really would change, besides the creators not being able to spin jokes on it.

Watch stuff like Koi Kaze or The Wandering Son, those anime treat concepts like incest (which is highly fetishized in anime) and transgender (which goes into the gay/lesbian/transgender concept) with respect.

2) The perverted side character is a trope any shounen or school comedy has. It's fucking boring.

-Aero- said:

Side Note - What do you watch anime for if it isn't for "mindless entertainment" or "escapism"?

Oh I watch it for that too, but I usually understand it is just trash for cheap entertainment.
I like my romcom, or harem just as any other anime fan.
However I much rather watch anime which are intelligent, or well crafted, or unique.

This is why I like anime Like Shinsekai Yori, Texhnolyze and Lain, Haibane Renmei, Koi Kaze, Ghost in the Shell (movie), Casshern Sins and other anime like it.

-Aero- said:

To find a good story? What good is a story if it doesn't provide any entertainment?

There are different types of entertainment.
There is mindless entertainment which usually are things which you don't have to focus on much, like fanservice (boobs and ass), violence, cool explosion and action etc.

And then there is entertainment which you get by involving yourself with everything. By appreciating the small things, the details or the grand picture. Its finding and answer to a long question in an anime. A journey you finally see come to an end, characters you can relate to you can feel with and you see struggle to accomplish their goals, or fail on the way there.
It's stories about humans who live and experience grand adventures or horrible dramas.
It's about growing up, learning, changing, loving and caring.

Those are the things I value in anime.
Not that I sometimes watch my mindless otaku pandering just to turn of my brain and have good old fun. But it just doesn't work all the time and this time it backfired because nothing he says "hey I'm more than just mindless entertainment full of convenient shit and 2 dimensional characters!".

-Aero- said:

Why do you watch anime if you can't enjoy it? I personally feel as though you are missing out. Maybe you'll enjoy anime again one day... until then have fun hating on it.

Oh I enjoy anime, just not all. I'm picky.
Jul 15, 2014 10:45 AM

May 2010
I love Sheele, my fav. so far. Akame is cute, too. Bulat deserves some respect, being openly gay.

Akame has a nice body. When Tatsumi completed his request, I didn't expect her to behave so nice. I really like her. So they are going to take turns training him, I like that. Mine is next.

I think this episode delivered a lot better. I really enjoyed it.

That beautiful ED is here to kill me, so amazing...

9/10
Jul 15, 2014 10:47 AM

Jul 2012
Akame is cute~! x3
LOL! Anyways....

Blood. Lots of it too, well, it's expected from an anime with the word Kill in its title.....
And the main cast of characters are assassins too, so...yeah....

Anyways, Night Raid has its mix of weird characters, such as a....gay armored knight? o-o LOL! Did not expect that. xD

It's a good anime so far, good action scenes, funny comedy scenes, etc~!
Jul 15, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2014

Your comment ''1) Homosexuality is used again as fetish/comical relief'' sounds as if gay people can't be in anime.. Well that might be me just misinterpreting what you're stating. Other than that. As a fan of AgK, I can't deny that the character cast is quite poor and cliché (Well the Night Raid group if memory serves right)

P.S - Don't loads of romcoms have many stereotypical character casts? Quite a hypocritical statement. But I'll be honest and say I've seen unique ones such as - Arakawa under the bridge.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide huge quotes.
VudisJul 17, 2014 11:24 AM
"Hi!"
Jul 15, 2014 11:44 AM

Feb 2014
Also Orsonius. Stop jumping the fucking gun. It's been two episodes. I'll say it one more time. TWO EPISODES. This isn't the season finale, I promise.

And they haven't even detailed the characters yet except for maybe Akame and Leone and that's it. Akame ga Kill is one of the few shounens like Hunter x Hunter that breaks the shounen stereotypes. Just be patient dude, jesus christ. You want everything brought to you on a silver platter?

So instead of making false and empty accusations, how about you just bite the bullet and wait for for a few more episodes to accumulate.

I mean I'm looking at your anime list right now and it looks like you just hate on almost every show you watch. So if I were you I would drop Akame ga Kill, actually, all the anime you're watching, because you just don't seem like you enjoy anime. At all.

You're so critical to the point where it's almost laughable.
TyrelJul 16, 2014 12:36 PM
Jul 15, 2014 11:57 AM

Apr 2013
Akame Ga Kill is one of my favourite ongoing manga' atm, so naturally I was excited for the anime adaptation. As with all adaptations I did expect some scenes to be left out because lets face it people if they try to animate every last detail the story won't get anywhere. Whilst I am upset that the base invade chapter was not included in the story and the relationship between Bulat and Tatsumi was not furthered in the anime, which is a pivotal point later on
The resulting trade off would be an extended amount of the manga being animated containing a higher volume of much more important content than Bulat and Tatsumi. As for the jabs on Akame Ga Kill being very boring and having generic characters, It has literally been 2 episodes. I'm sure if you give it time,
The adaptation will become more interesting as the characters themselves get a lot more depth
Jul 15, 2014 11:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Orsonius said:
You apparently don't understand the significance of realistic characters and the tone of an anime.
Most fantasy anime barely have anything realistic in them....

Orsonius said:
These characters are at best shounen cliches which are hard to relate to because they are so generic and boring.
You have no idea just how wrong you are...Apart from maybe Akame, these characters have yet to show who they are and what they can do

Orsonius said:
The girls are all typical archtypes such as Tsundere, Kuudere, Neko/Genki Girl and so on.
Already stated before that you've barely begun to see who these people truly are but I agree with this to some extent but these labels aren't what they actually are

Orsonius said:
The other 2 male characters are 1) a pervert (wow how original a perverted guy who gets violently abused by the females for peeking on them! Great!) and 2) a gay dude whos sexuality is used entirely for comical relief and has no greater significance (so far but i doubt this will go anywhere from what I've seen so far).
1. Yeah, like most guys nowadays don't attempt to do things such as that or even worse lel, his character isn't like that at all tbh

2. Yeah his gayness is used for comedic purposes but the latter is just so far from teh actual truth that it's hilarious, honestly this sounds like blatant hating seeing as though we've barely even have much time with him (yet alone everyone else minus Tatsumi, Leone and Akame) yet

Orsonius said:
The villains are all 1 dimensional "evil people who are evil because they are evil" so we feel absolutely nothing for them when the MCs kill them.
The real "villains" have yet to appear so stay tuned...Not going to spoil anything

Orsonius said:
Oh and then the 2 totally undeveloped side characters from Naruto-village who die in the first episode. ( i feel sooooo sad for them /s)
It's a shame that they were nothing more than a plot device but they were still likeable nonetheless you have to admit

Orsonius said:
Also "Lubbock and bulat are some of the best male characters ever in anime".

Sure I take your word for granted because you have presented so much WHY they are the "best male characters ever in anime".
Nice job trying to bait people into spoiling the series when cleary we were told not to by the mods =P
In Tatsumi's defense, he's not as Dimwitted as you think he is

VudisJul 17, 2014 11:35 AM
Jul 15, 2014 12:14 PM

Feb 2014
Tokoya said:
In Tatsumi's defense, he's not as Dimwitted as you think he is

Good rebuttal. The guy will see for himself once the series progresses, but I think at this point his hate won't change and he'll continue to harp on it even when the anime answers his concerns.

So I think he should just drop it. Why watch a show that just makes you so angry? Last season I hated Blade & Soul and I watched the first 4 episodes and then dropped it. I usually give animes 3-4 episodes, so maybe that's what this guy is doing, but if he can't stand watching it I just don't don't see the reason why he would want to continue.

Just to hate on it? That's not a good enough reason. Unless he's somewhat interested in it, which he hasn't said, why should he keep on going?

Until I hear that's he's interested to see where it will go, then I'm just going to recommend that he drops it because it seems like it's really upsetting him lol.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
VudisJul 17, 2014 11:37 AM
Jul 15, 2014 12:27 PM

Nov 2012
LoomyTheBrew said:
So I think he should just drop it. Why watch a show that just makes you so angry? Last season I hated Blade & Soul and I watched the first 4 episodes and then dropped it. I usually give animes 3-4 episodes, so maybe that's what this guy is doing, but if he can't stand watching it I just don't don't see the reason why he would want to continue.
I don't know him, but I'm watching this for the same reason people watch Mars of Destruction and Pupa :P
Jul 15, 2014 12:46 PM
May 2014
@Orsonius
You're still making baseless assumptions about the charaters when there's only been 2 episodes that have aired out of 24.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.