Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « First ... « 111 112 [113] 114 »
Jun 19, 2015 12:31 PM

Apr 2013
BobbyFischer said:
Draymond Green dunk AF roasting the Cavs'.
https://vine.co/v/eigmdeLFEKa

I hope that he dies of AIDS multiple times. I'd look good out there as well if I was wide open all the time too due to the Splash Bros. The Cavs need to fly out Perk to that parade to do the job that he was supposed to do during the Finals.
Jun 19, 2015 12:48 PM
May 2015
Ok so i decided to watch one of porzingis' games. Heres my 2 cents:
- He can flat out shoot. Most of the time his team gave him pick and pop situations and he capitalized
- No post game yet due to his strength/size
- Isnt a good ball handler but has very good quickness. If he adds some handles he can be deadly on drives ala Niko/Bargs
*** His defense isnt as bad as i thought. ***
- His lateral quicks and large wingspan make him a very good pick and roll defender. He never sags on pick and rolls, he actually hedges, but because of his quickness and length its very effective. There were multiple times where he blocked the roll man from behind due to his length. (This is probably his greatest defensive selling point)
- His post defense is bad for reasons ive said b4. But as thereisonlyone vehemently pointed out it might not matter much with the NBA becoming so guard/jumpshot oriented.
- He is still late at help rotations but this shouldnt be a problem when he gets more experience
- Not a good rebounder. Cant box out against strong defenders. He FELL about 5 times in the game trying to get rebounds, which says something about his lack of strength.

I can see why teams are interested in him, especially in this jumpshot oriented era, but he still is very much a high risk high reward pick. Personally, I woudnt take him outside of the top 4. Guys like Towns, Okafor, Russell are proven they have star potential and arent nearly as big projects as Porzingis. But im no GM, so i wouldnt be surprised if i was wrong.
EL PSY CONGROO
Jun 19, 2015 12:51 PM
May 2015
BobbyFischer said:
I never liked his arrogant ass
EL PSY CONGROO
Jun 19, 2015 1:04 PM
Feb 2014
BobbyFischer said:

ayyyy based dray
Jun 19, 2015 8:31 PM

Apr 2012

klay with the deal with it meme

Jun 20, 2015 12:22 AM

Jun 2013
IM IN LOVE WITH COCO

Jun 20, 2015 12:59 PM

Jun 2014
Zeally said:

I don't see the point of the players having to answer these interviews.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 20, 2015 1:21 PM

Apr 2012
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Zeally said:
[im g]http://i.imgur.com/7rZsdU9.png[/im g]

it's in their contract

Jun 20, 2015 8:33 PM

Aug 2014
Zeally said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

it's in their contract

They just do it so they won't get fined.
Jun 21, 2015 2:06 PM

Jun 2012
Dwayne Wade's father can't keep a secret to save his life:
Jun 21, 2015 2:53 PM

Jun 2008
^OK...so I'm gonna have to talk about the Wade situation huh?

Alright, let's do it.

#1 Wade is looking for a bigger contract, NOT to leave Miami for Cleveland for the Veteran's minimum which is the ONLY thing Cleveland can offer Wade...

#2 So yeah, the reason you see Wade and others hinting that he might leave is because they want to put pressure on the Heat.

They want to be in control of the narrative, they want to say "Hey, if you don't PAY UP, I'm OUT!"

#3 Wade leaving Miami regardless of the reason would be absolutely stupid......he's not Lebron, he's way past his prime and he can't demand any sort of big contract ANYWHERE EXCEPT Miami.....no other team is going to take an ex-superstar who can't play more than 60 games a year and give him $60 million for three years (Which is what he wants).

That's NOT fucking happening anywhere!

IF Wade leaves, it will be because of spite....because the Heat do NOT want to pay up and he wants to SPITE them.....which again, is STUPID.

Again, Wade is not Lebron, he's not going to Cleveland and write the narrative that he's "going home", Cleveland doesn't give a fuck about Wade and neither does any other team.

Miami is the only place where people still love him and accept him as one of their own.....he's spent 12 seasons here and has won 3 World Championship rings.....MIAMI IS HIS LEGACY!

Even if he were to win somewhere else, it will be his 2005-2013 years that write the defining story of his basketball career!

#4 Heat Fans are divided....NO....not all fans are with him...most of them ARE, but not all of them.

Many Heat fans are saying that a max contract with Wade will CRIPPLE the Heat the way Kobe's contract has crippled the Lakers.

And part of me absolutely agrees.

Miami is still a good destination for big FA to come here....we have ZERO state income tax and we also have the benefit of South Beach and EXCELLENT weather year round.

Superstar players care about things like that....Money, Girls, Living it up!

Miami offers all of that and more.

Again....Wade would have to be a fool to leave....

BUT if he does leave....Miami is free to do as they please and can will have more than enough money to land a BIG free agent in the Summer of 2016...

Oh....I hear KD will be a FA in the Summer of 2016....
Jun 21, 2015 3:50 PM

Aug 2014
I will lmao if the Heat give Wade a max contract. And also, fuck She-Wade.
Jun 21, 2015 3:52 PM
Feb 2014
It'd be hilarious if Wade leaves for Cleveland.
I'll also have a reason to dislike that Cavs team as well. All will be well.
Jun 21, 2015 5:06 PM

Jun 2008
ImaginaryFire said:
I will lmao if the Heat give Wade a max contract. And also, fuck She-Wade.

And I will be UPSET....but I will understand the need for the Heat to keep the biggest face of the franchise.

I will understand the need for Wade to get his "dues" even if they aren't merited.

I will however NOT be happy about the fact that MY team will give a player a shit load of money that could be given to other players that can give us a better shot at being contenders.

This whole situation seems like a massive lose-lose for Heat fans.

Even the Heat fans that want to give Wade all that money (AND I DON'T!!!)....they can't escape the reality that it will ultimately hurt the team.

And of course IF Wade does leave, we will lose the man who revitalized this franchise and practically put it on the map.

Before Wade was drafted to Miami, the Heat had a history of coming short and always having heartbreak in the Playoffs.....basically we were the Cleveland Cavaliers (lol)

In the 12 seasons Wade has been with Miami...

The Heat have been to the playoffs 10 out of those 12 seasons...

6 ECF Appearances....

The Finals 5 times...

And of course....3 World Championships.

Before Wade got to the Heat....15 Seasons....0 Championships and the farthest the Heat got in the Playoffs was the 1997 ECF where Jordan and the Bulls made easy work out of them.

Zhuyo said:
It'd be hilarious if Wade leaves for Cleveland.
I'll also have a reason to dislike that Cavs team as well. All will be well.

People (and by people I mean delusional people) seem to not understand that it makes ZERO sense for Wade to land in Cleveland.

For TWO big reasons.

#1 The reason we're talking about all of this is due to MONEY....The Cavs would have to be certifiably INSANE to get Wade and pay him $20 million/yr.

#2 Even if Wade leaves Miami (due to spite) and decides to join the Cavs (due to spite) he will only get the veteran's minimum and play basically NO Minutes in that team.

He would more than likely come off the bench and with his injuries probably play less than 40 full games that season.

What Wade is doing is a calculated strategy to scare the Heat into paying him money that he simply DOES NOT DESERVE based on merit.

Wade wants his dues for all the times he sacrificed for the team...that's it that's all.

Now the Heat have to decide is it worth it to keep the face of the franchise happy and have to remain in mediocrity or let him go and go after bigger fish.

Like I said....it's a LOSE-LOSE situation for the fans....no one goes home happy.
Jun 21, 2015 5:24 PM

Jun 2008
One more thing....

Personally as a Heat fan, it really will suck if Wade leaves, even if I know that that could possibly make it easier for the Heat to get better by giving money to the players that actually deserve it.

I think Wade is still my all time favorite Heat player if only due to the service he has provided the team for these 12 years....and let's be fair, he HAS sacrificed for the team.

I want to share something I have....

http://i5.imageban.ru/out/2015/06/22/fa16fbdbd5ddb05f02d0c0ae4c1785bf.jpg

^That is my 2003-04 Topps Finest Dwayne Wade Autographed rookie card.

I don't have a lot of basketball cards, but that's definitely my favorite and part of my awesome Miami Heat sports merchandise that I proudly own.

I don't want Wade to leave, but I also don't want the Heat to be in a situation like the Lakers....
Jun 21, 2015 6:21 PM

Jan 2008
I'll laugh if he goes to Cleveland. That'll be the 4th player on the Cavs that is injury prone.

I think it's just a power move by Wade to get his money.
Jun 21, 2015 6:27 PM
Feb 2014
JustALEX said:

Which is why I said it'd be hilarious. I understand what you mean though and it is obvious that this is an attempt at a strategy to get his cash. Basically the Heat are going to have to choose: Be the Lakers or be progressive. I'm no Heat fan and honestly don't like Wade all that much but I hope they do the right thing here if that would mean making the East better.
Jun 21, 2015 6:50 PM

Jan 2009
D'Angelo Russel to the Knicks then? Phil Jackson and his triangle offense would love that

as for Wade, he is in denial that he is old already and he is out of his prime
Jun 21, 2015 7:16 PM

Jun 2008

That is indeed lulz worthy because the Lakers would be committing suicide by signing Wade to what he wants.
Jun 21, 2015 8:01 PM

Jun 2013
lol all these offseason posts are always shifty i wouldnt believe any of these one bit

Jun 22, 2015 3:45 AM

Jan 2009
BobbyFischer said:
Dwayne Wade's father can't keep a secret to save his life:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/3ao1cr/dwyane_wades_sister_explains_fathers_cavaliers/

[quote=Wade's Sister]
Ok let's be clear Im posting this picture because it's my dad and today I saw it on my IG so I was reposting .... Dad is a basketball fan . He was actually a star Player in his days and a great coach after.... So him wearing the shirt was his choice after observation .. It has nothing to do with my brother I hope that helped somebody ・・・
I've been getting this pic on my dm and its all over my feed. This picture was actually taken 3 weeks ago. @dwyanewade's dad was rooting for the Cavs in the finals. FOR MORE INFO check out @dont_hate_the_h3at's post about it![/quote]

one rumor down

but the Lakers and Wade mutual interest is true though
Jun 22, 2015 9:55 AM

Jun 2012
http://www.marca.com/2015/06/22/baloncesto/nba/noticias/1434951995.html

So the Rockets are going to pay that Spanish player 23 million for three years. Here's hoping that he works out because if it doesn't....

Sorry if you can't read Spanish.
Jun 22, 2015 5:48 PM

Jan 2009

the next Anthony Davis
Jun 22, 2015 5:51 PM
Feb 2014
Wade's probably playing for the Lakers next year. Whether he does well is something we'll see in a few months. For the Heat, Wade is expendable at this point and this is good for Hassan Whiteside to become the franchise player alongside Chris Bosh. They need to focus on building in the draft before they can become a Top 3 team in the East again.

KAT and Wiggy will be a force in the near future. Add Garnett to the mix as well even though this is his last year I bet. They also got Rubio although rumor has it he's a trade chip. The Wolves aren't a bad team as people think they are.
AqutanJun 22, 2015 5:55 PM
Jun 22, 2015 5:57 PM

Aug 2014
TheBasedNico said:
Wade's probably playing for the Lakers next year. Whether he does well is something we'll see in a few months. For the Heat, Wade is expendable at this point and this is good for Hassan Whiteside to become the franchise player alongside Chris Bosh. They need to focus on building in the draft before they can become a Top 3 team in the East again.

KAT and Wiggy will be a force in the near future. Add Garnett to the mix as well even though this is his last year I bet. The Wolves aren't a bad team as people think they are.

Zach Lavine too. I was pretty high on him going into the draft, and I don't think I'm wrong in thinking that he'll be a very good player in the league one day.
Jun 22, 2015 5:59 PM
Feb 2014
ImaginaryFire said:
TheBasedNico said:

KAT and Wiggy will be a force in the near future. Add Garnett to the mix as well even though this is his last year I bet. The Wolves aren't a bad team as people think they are.

Zach Lavine too. I was pretty high on him going into the draft, and I don't think I'm wrong in thinking that he'll be a very good player in the league one day.

How the fuck did I forget my local kid? I'm ashamed.

Lavine's presence could make Rubio a solid chip for trade if they want to continue stocking up. I like what Flip's doing in Minnesota (assuming he's the GM). Soon his teams will make me think of those Garnett-Cassell-Sprewell squads.
Jun 22, 2015 10:14 PM

Mar 2012
TheBasedNico said:
ImaginaryFire said:

How the fuck did I forget my local kid? I'm ashamed.

Lavine's presence could make Rubio a solid chip for trade if they want to continue stocking up. I like what Flip's doing in Minnesota (assuming he's the GM). Soon his teams will make me think of those Garnett-Cassell-Sprewell squads.

Wolves really do have a frighteningly strong building base now with Wiggins, Lavine, and Towns (assuming they do actually pick him). Dieng is a pretty solid young player as well. And who knows if Anthony Bennett will ever pan out into something. I could definitely see them making some noise in a few years. Haha, I'm hoping that the Jazz will be on the upward trend too over the next years.
Jun 22, 2015 10:58 PM

Jun 2012
George Karl want's DeMarcus Cousins out of Sacramento, yeah the Kings are imploding:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--george-karl-pushing-for-kings-to-trade-demarcus-cousins-051748948.html

Vivek is drunk at the wheel.

Boggie to Mavs'?(pipe dream)
BobbyFischerGJun 22, 2015 11:01 PM
Jun 22, 2015 10:59 PM

Sep 2014
BobbyFischer said:
George Karl want's DeMarcus Cousins out of Sacramento, yeah the Kings are imploding:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--george-karl-pushing-for-kings-to-trade-demarcus-cousins-051748948.html

Lol, this coming right after the owner said they have no plans of trading him. That organization seems real stable right now

In any case I hope my Cs snag him
Jun 22, 2015 11:17 PM

Jun 2012

You snake in the grass!?
Jun 22, 2015 11:23 PM
May 2015
BobbyFischer said:

What!?!?!?
Lol is Karl retarded???
EL PSY CONGROO
Jun 22, 2015 11:26 PM
Feb 2014
BobbyFischer said:

Spurs maybe imo but my guess is whoever doesn't get Aldridge.
Jun 23, 2015 1:05 AM

Jun 2012
An interesting pattern with Karl's former player's.
[spoiler]

Jun 23, 2015 3:32 AM

Mar 2012
BobbyFischer said:
An interesting pattern with Karl's former player's.

Apparently, JR Smith tweeted something similar as well at some point.
Jun 23, 2015 9:01 AM

Apr 2013
Dank draft day incoming. Thank you George Karl.
Jun 23, 2015 4:14 PM
Feb 2014
What time is it Pacific?
Jun 23, 2015 4:16 PM

Aug 2014
TheBasedNico said:
BobbyFischer said:

Spurs maybe imo but my guess is whoever doesn't get Aldridge.

If Cousins goes to the Spurs,

Jun 23, 2015 4:20 PM

Aug 2014
TheBasedNico said:
What time is it Pacific?

7pm eastern, so should be 4pm pacific.
Jun 24, 2015 6:23 AM
Jun 24, 2015 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
Kevin Love has opted out. No panic at all...
Jun 24, 2015 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
Monte Ellis opting out of his contract is a bigger deal than most people are paying attention to. He’s a fantastic 2nd or 3rd option on any contender and you may be able to get him on the cheap. A guy who can give you 20 points a game and will occasionally go off for 30 or even 40? You can’t beat that, especially if you can get it on the low. Hopefully he doesn't resign with Dallas though, would love to see him elsewhere with a team on the cusp.

I don’t know what I will do if Wade leaves Miami, it is still Wade County down here. Damn man, so many memories.
Jun 24, 2015 1:54 PM

Mar 2012
layfonkun said:
Monte Ellis opting out of his contract is a bigger deal than most people are paying attention to. He’s a fantastic 2nd or 3rd option on any contender and you may be able to get him on the cheap. A guy who can give you 20 points a game and will occasionally go off for 30 or even 40? You can’t beat that, especially if you can get it on the low. Hopefully he doesn't resign with Dallas though, would love to see him elsewhere with a team on the cusp.

I'm hearing that the Mavs don't intend to resign him. Seems like they're aiming for Danny Green.
Jun 24, 2015 2:11 PM

Jan 2009
deanzel said:
Kevin Love has opted out. No panic at all...

Cavs have a lot of reliable big players anyway, Thompson, Mozgov and Varejao

i wonder where will Kevin Love go now though
Jun 24, 2015 4:22 PM
May 2015
Portland is finalizing a trade to send Nic Batum to Charlotte for Noah Vonleh and Gerald Henderson, league sources tell Yahoo. - Woz
EL PSY CONGROO
Jun 24, 2015 5:32 PM

Jun 2012
So Monta is gone the Mavs' don't plan on bringing him back. He was okay with us for a while, but then all the bad stuff about Monta surfaced after his injury. He is way hard headed and does not like to miss games to recover from injury, even if sitting out may be the best course of action. His defense....who am I kidding it's at best bad and at worst well freaking terrabad. However if you can surround him with a team of good defenders you might be able to hide him. At this point I think he might be best as a sixth man. I'm betting Monta's pride will demand that he be someone's first option, and if that's the case then his option's are limited.

The draft is 22 hours away!!! HYPE
BobbyFischerGJun 24, 2015 5:42 PM
Jun 24, 2015 5:35 PM
Feb 2014
6Man said:
Portland is finalizing a trade to send Nic Batum to Charlotte for Noah Vonleh and Gerald Henderson, league sources tell Yahoo. - Woz

Oh man Portland's going to lose that one.
Jun 24, 2015 8:16 PM

Jan 2009
Report: Raptors "Actively Exploring Trades" for Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, and Jonas Valanciunas
http://www.raptorshq.com/2015/6/24/8841073/report-raptors-actively-exploring-trades-for-kyle-lowry-demar-derozan

lol whats up with the Raptors management willing to trade all there main players? are they gonna rebuild again?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « First ... « 111 112 [113] 114 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.