Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « First ... « 105 106 [107] 108 109 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2015 5:32 PM

Jun 2013
Difference is that cavs actually hitting 3s

Jun 14, 2015 5:41 PM

Jan 2009
when will Klay Thompson get out of his shooting slump in this finals, i dont think he is that bothered by the defense of Cavs against him
Jun 14, 2015 5:47 PM

Jan 2009
JR Smith is on fire
Jun 14, 2015 5:50 PM

Feb 2010
Damn Jay Are... 14 points in 10 minutes... scored 14 points in games 3 and 4 combined (58 minutes).

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Jun 14, 2015 5:56 PM

Jan 2009
Steph Curry is on fire too 3/3 from the 3 point line
Jun 14, 2015 5:57 PM

Feb 2010
Now this is what I wanted from this Finals. Fantastic series of shots by LeBron and Steph.

Jun 14, 2015 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
j0x said:
JR Smith is on fire
follow me on tumblr @ http://x-hentai.tumblr.com/
Jun 14, 2015 6:19 PM

Feb 2010
What a putback dunk by Barnes.

Jun 14, 2015 7:15 PM

Feb 2010
And again, what a dunk by Barnes!

Jun 14, 2015 7:20 PM

Jun 2013
ooo333 said:
The Cavs have to do something about those defensive rebounds.

Shows how offensive rebounds have helped the cavs

Jun 14, 2015 7:35 PM

Jun 2008
That was RIDICULOUS!

Curry FINALLY showing why he's the MVP!
Jun 14, 2015 7:36 PM

Dec 2014
Delly doesn't stop Curry
only Curry can stop Curry
people didn't get this message from the Grit n grind series
Jun 14, 2015 7:36 PM

Apr 2012
Daggerr

Jun 14, 2015 7:37 PM

Jan 2009
damn Steph Curry does it again, its really hard to stop the Warriors when they can score 100+ points and they are only 4+ points away from that
Jun 14, 2015 7:42 PM

Jun 2008
I'm 100% sure I would've made more Free Throws than Iggy.

GODDAMN!
Jun 14, 2015 7:43 PM

Dec 2014
JustALEX said:
I'm 100% sure I would've made more Free Throws than Iggy.

GODDAMN!

I could make more free throws with only my left hand than what Iggy is making right now
Jun 14, 2015 7:43 PM

Jun 2013
It only took steph 5 games

Jun 14, 2015 7:47 PM

Jun 2008
ToodleNoodles said:

Better late than never, I suppose....

If he keeps it up, Warriors can sniff the trophy...
Jun 14, 2015 7:48 PM

Jun 2008
papsoshea said:
ToodleNoodles said:
and a missing kyrie irving

Kyrie going down, made the Cavs a more defensive minded team.

If anything, Kyrie going down gave the Cavs a better chance in this series.
Jun 14, 2015 7:49 PM

Feb 2010
This Curry vs LeBron thing was pretty fun.

Jun 14, 2015 7:52 PM

Jun 2013
I had warriors in 6 YEA cavs look so tired down the stretch next time play mozgov no idea why he barely played

Jun 14, 2015 7:55 PM

Dec 2014
I had the Warriors in 5 but apparently they were pretty much uncharacteristically off the first 3 games
Jun 14, 2015 7:57 PM
Feb 2014
Well the Cavs got what they so desperately wanted, a good game from Smith but what they didn't expect was Curry getting his groove back. I don't know how they can bounce back to force a game 7 honestly, they pretty much did all they could, got some contribution from some guys and had Lebron taking care of the ball most of the time and now the Warriors seem to be clicking again. This is over unless the Warriors play like total shit on game 6.

Iggy should be the finals MVP by the way.
Jun 14, 2015 8:02 PM

Oct 2013
LeBron needs help so bad right now. He can't do it all by himself. Curry was an absolute monster from beyond the arc tonight.
Jun 14, 2015 8:14 PM

Jun 2008
-Riptide- said:
LeBron needs help so bad right now. He can't do it all by himself.

The Funny thing is that Lebron can opt out of contract at the end of the season.

He probably WILL....but only to resign with the Cavs for a larger deal.

Regardless of what happens, Lebron isn't going anywhere right now, mostly due to the fact, that he put himself in a position where Clevelanders would literally riot if he left again.

I want to say something, that will sound insanely BIASED, but I'd like anyone here to refute me if they can.

Lebron's best years are probably already behind him.

The general rule for almost ALL athletes is that they have their prime typically at the early middle or straight up middle stages of their careers...

And Lebron has already been there, done that.

His Prime was 2009-2014.....despite the big numbers his efficiency has dropped off IMMENSELY this season.

And to pretend that next year or any year afterwards, Lebron is going to be better than let's say....2012 or 2013....is going against everything we know about sports and for that matter, human anatomy.

Now, that doesn't mean he can't win another ring, of course he can, hell, he can still win this year.....but IMO, we already saw the Best of Lebron, and that was with the Miami Heat.
Jun 14, 2015 8:15 PM

Jun 2013
Zhuyo said:
Well the Cavs got what they so desperately wanted, a good game from Smith but what they didn't expect was Curry getting his groove back. I don't know how they can bounce back to force a game 7 honestly, they pretty much did all they could, got some contribution from some guys and had Lebron taking care of the ball most of the time and now the Warriors seem to be clicking again. This is over unless the Warriors play like total shit on game 6.

Iggy should be the finals MVP by the way.

If he plays better and curry plays worse then it's possible but his free throws this game ROFL

Lebron deserves the mvp even if they lose

Jun 14, 2015 8:22 PM

Jun 2008
ToodleNoodles said:
Lebron deserves the mvp even if they lose

I think the ONLY sport that still gives the MVP to a player on the losing team is Hockey....and they do so because it's the MVP of the ENTIRE playoffs, not just the final round.

Regardless, Lebron has in fact been the BEST player in the series, but remember that don't call it the Most Outstanding Player award....

It's called the Most VALUABLE Player.

Right now the Most VALUABLE Player is probably Iggy....mostly due to the fact that he turn the Warriors around in game 4 when they were facing a potential 3-1 deficit.

However, due to the fact that now Curry has had a HUGE game, I think if he has another huge game or even a good game and the Warriors win, they'll give it to Curry.....
Jun 14, 2015 8:26 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah curry will probably get it. I feel he's back in shape so he'll play similarly for the rest of the series

Jun 14, 2015 8:27 PM
May 2015
Its not looking good for the cavs. Curry FINALLY playing like the MVP.
I had dubs in 4.... i was off lol but whatever, LeBron just nearly pulled off a miracle.

Edit:
as for MVP of the finals... i would give it to Kerr if i could.
6ManJun 14, 2015 8:35 PM
EL PSY CONGROO
Jun 14, 2015 8:39 PM

Jan 2009
i did not predict any final series score but i just think the Warriors will win this years championship
Jun 14, 2015 9:09 PM
Feb 2014
Dubs will blow out Game 6 and win it at this rate.
Jun 14, 2015 9:28 PM

Aug 2014
I still believe...
Jun 14, 2015 9:42 PM

Oct 2013
JustALEX said:
-Riptide- said:
LeBron needs help so bad right now. He can't do it all by himself.

The Funny thing is that Lebron can opt out of contract at the end of the season.

He probably WILL....but only to resign with the Cavs for a larger deal.

Regardless of what happens, Lebron isn't going anywhere right now, mostly due to the fact, that he put himself in a position where Clevelanders would literally riot if he left again.

I want to say something, that will sound insanely BIASED, but I'd like anyone here to refute me if they can.

Lebron's best years are probably already behind him.

The general rule for almost ALL athletes is that they have their prime typically at the early middle or straight up middle stages of their careers...

And Lebron has already been there, done that.

His Prime was 2009-2014.....despite the big numbers his efficiency has dropped off IMMENSELY this season.

And to pretend that next year or any year afterwards, Lebron is going to be better than let's say....2012 or 2013....is going against everything we know about sports and for that matter, human anatomy.

Now, that doesn't mean he can't win another ring, of course he can, hell, he can still win this year.....but IMO, we already saw the Best of Lebron, and that was with the Miami Heat.

One of the reasons why he is inefficient this playoffs and especially this finals is because he's been trying to do it all by himself. He doesn't have a luxury of sitting back as a teammate takes over a game or two. With Kyrie and Kevin out, he doesn't have a legitimate 2nd and 3rd option who has the ability to take over games. He has to take it upon himself to lead his team to a win.

And no one would argue that his best days are over. He's already 30. He's not as athletic as he once was. His prime might be over but he's still better than pretty much everyone else in the league.
Jun 14, 2015 9:49 PM

Jun 2008
-Riptide- said:
One of the reasons why he is inefficient this playoffs and especially this finals is because he's been trying to do it all by himself. He doesn't have a luxury of sitting back as a teammate takes over a game or two. With Kyrie and Kevin out, he doesn't have a legitimate 2nd and 3rd option who has the ability to take over games. He has to take it upon himself to lead his team to a win.

Ok, I'll grant you that he does have the pressure of having to do it ALL himself....

BUT, he still has a pretty solid defensive team, he can take better shots and defer to wide open teammates.

This is part of that efficiency that has dipped for Lebron.

-Riptide- said:
And no one would argue that his best days are over. He's already 30. He's not as athletic as he once was. His prime might be over but he's still better than pretty much everyone else in the league.

No doubt about it.

Even past his prime (which I believe he is past his prime) he is still the BEST all around basketball player in the league.....and will probably continue to do so for the next few years.
--ALEX--Jun 14, 2015 11:51 PM
Jun 14, 2015 9:51 PM

Aug 2014
I would argue that he is still in his prime. His performance thus far in the Finals is proving it. There is not a player in NBA history who would shoot 45-50% from the field while handling pretty much the entire load on offense, all against a top defense team that knows he's the only real option on offense.
Jun 14, 2015 9:51 PM

Jul 2013
Andre Iguodala for Finals MVP.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Jun 14, 2015 9:57 PM

Dec 2010
Feel really bad for LBJ man... this has definitely been the most absurd finals performance that I've had the pleasure of watching in a losing effort. He's done absolutely everything in 4 of these 5 games, and no one on his team can buy a bucket.

Does anyone know why they only played Mozgov 9 minutes? That seems like a really poor coaching decision if that's what it was.

If they could manage to slow the pace down they could really abuse that small line up, and instead they're trying to match them with their own, much shittier version of a small line up.

ImaginaryFire said:
I would argue that he is still in his prime. His performance thus far in the Finals is proving it. There is not a player in NBA history who would shoot 45-50% from the field while handling pretty much the entire load on offense, all against a top defense team that knows he's the only real option on offense.

Agreed. He's not in his prime athletically anymore, that much is obvious, but he's still in his basketball prime. That being said, he's definitely at the end of it, but given how much better he is than everyone else he'll still continue to be the league's best player into his 30's.
Jun 14, 2015 10:27 PM
May 2015
Legendre said:
Does anyone know why they only played Mozgov 9 minutes? That seems like a really poor coaching decision if that's what it was.

They initially went to mozgov in the post, but kerr chose to double mozgov whenever he got post position. Mozgov couldnt pass out of double teams and he pretty much turned it over or resulted in a broken play every time they doubled.
EL PSY CONGROO
Jun 14, 2015 11:01 PM

Aug 2014
ooo333 said:
Ummmmm..... LJ is still in his prime athletically. DOnt know what you guys are watching.

LJ problem is that he has never had a consistent jumper. And with KI and KL out and having no 3 point players on the team, the Warriors can just play zone against him.

*LBJ. LJ is Larry Johnson. And I strongly disagree with the bolded. His shot may not be Steph Curry good, but it's still very good.
Jun 15, 2015 12:02 AM

Jun 2008
Legendre said:
Feel really bad for LBJ man... this has definitely been the most absurd finals performance that I've had the pleasure of watching in a losing effort. He's done absolutely everything in 4 of these 5 games, and no one on his team can buy a bucket.

The guy is putting up big numbers because it's basically JUST HIM....

And really, you feel bad?

He left Cleveland the first time around because of this very issue, he had to do EVERYTHING.....he came to Miami, because he wanted to be part of a team that could get him to the promise land and win him a ring, and the Heat did just that EVERY SINGLE YEAR....they put Lebron in position of a ring each year, they had a terrible Finals last year and instead of just waiting (at least until the end of his contract) he bolts BACK to Cleveland because he had zero confidence that the Heat could put it together.

And whatever, I understand it....and it's NOT his fault Love and Kyrie got injured, but feeling sorry for him?

No, not one bit.

He dominated in Miami, he was part of something special, something that could've become a dynasty if he just gave it a shot and not run off when times got rough.

Again, I understand it, but this is basically reaping what you sow.

ooo333 said:
Ummmmm..... LJ is still in his prime athletically. DOnt know what you guys are watching.

If you think putting up big numbers is all there is to being in your prime, then I think you don't understand basketball.

Kobe was still putting up big numbers not that long ago.....are we gonna say he was still in his prime?

The prime of ANY athlete is not something that lasts a long time, even for Jordan, it didn't last THAT long.

Every athlete eventually gets slower, the agility drops, efficiency drops, and the motivation/pursuit is not as fierce.
Jun 15, 2015 12:38 AM

Sep 2012
Yep, if Curry has one of his nights again at Cleveland, closing out the series, it's hard not to see him hoist the Finals MVP Trophy. But if Lebron plays monsterish and forces a game 7, he probably will win the reward regardless of the victor (unless he chokes the last game really hard). Of course, if Curry somehow loses his touch and Iguodala dominates on both sides of the court and the Warriors win, he may be the one crowned MVP. Can't wait for Tuesday.
Jun 15, 2015 1:02 AM

Sep 2012
JustALEX said:
papsoshea said:
and a missing kyrie irving

Funny how things work sometimes. When Irving went down everyone counted out the Cavs, and that sort of clicked something in Lebron and his team; without the pressure they started to play better, and the added expectations on the Warriors messed up their mental state and put more pressure on the team.

I'm actually impressed that a team with no Finals experience was able to rebound down 2-1 against the greatest veteran player in the league and get back in their groove with two solid victories. Regardless of how this playoffs ends, expect both teams to go very far next season.
Jun 15, 2015 1:14 AM

Jun 2013
Mhypnotica said:
JustALEX said:

Funny how things work sometimes. When Irving went down everyone counted out the Cavs, and that sort of clicked something in Lebron and his team; without the pressure they started to play better, and the added expectations on the Warriors messed up their mental state and put more pressure on the team.

I'm actually impressed that a team with no Finals experience was able to rebound down 2-1 against the greatest veteran player in the league and get back in their groove with two solid victories. Regardless of how this playoffs ends, expect both teams to go very far next season.

these two teams will probably rematch tbh lol

Jun 15, 2015 1:15 AM

Oct 2013
Prime is when a player is in his best. LeBron used to demolish opponents with his athleticism and with the huge numbers he posted while doing it efficiently. Since he stopped doing most of that doesn't that obviously mean his prime years are behind him? He still the best player but he's not as good as he once was.
Jun 15, 2015 1:19 AM

Oct 2013
ToodleNoodles said:
Mhypnotica said:

Hard to say. Bulls might become better with a new coach. Wizards will probably step to the next level. OKC is on a mission especially with Durant's free agency coming up. Spurs might come back better than ever. Atlanta would want to prove that their 60 win season was not a fluke.
Jun 15, 2015 1:22 AM

Jun 2008
ToodleNoodles said:

At the moment with no insight you're right...

BUT....if you told me exactly one year ago the Warriors and Cavs would be playing in the Finals, I would've said you were crazy.

The West is still a beast, and next year, regardless what happens to the Warriors, they will be a HUGE target, just like the Spurs.

The Cavs have Lebron so they will also be a huge target, although, I don't see the East being that much better next year, so they'll definitely have a better shot of getting to the Finals again.
Jun 15, 2015 1:45 AM

Jun 2008
-Riptide- said:
Hard to say. Bulls might become better with a new coach. Wizards will probably step to the next level. OKC is on a mission especially with Durant's free agency coming up. Spurs might come back better than ever. Atlanta would want to prove that their 60 win season was not a fluke.

I think it's a bit early to start talking about the next season, but I can't resist so I'll say some stuff...

[*]Bulls, perhaps one of the most inconsistent teams I have ever seen in any sport, the last 5 seasons they have had plenty of chances to get to the Finals, but inevitably something always happens, either they're injured or they simply crumble under the pressure.....I think they'll be a 45 to 50 win team next season, but I can't see them getting past the hurdle, especially as long as Lebron is in the East.

[*]Pacers....they SHOULD be a better team next year with a healthy Paul George, but I don't see them having the same type of season they had in 2014...also, they're in that Central Division that should be the best in the East.

[*]Hawks....I truly believe 2014/15 season was indeed a fluke, and the playoffs completely exposed that team.

Then again, now they have more experience, and maybe they can translate that into a solid season and a better playoff team....but I doubt it.

[*]Heat.....I don't want to talk too much about them, because most if not everything I say will be deemed as biased commentary by others.

BUT, I do believe they'll be much better next season (IF they can stay healthy)....as long as Bosh is medically stable, and Whiteside matures....I sincerely believe the Heat will win considerably more games and perhaps contend in an Eastern conference that is quite frankly still very much inferior to the West.

[*]OKC....with a healthy Durant they will definitely be a lot more competitive because of the fact that Durant will be a free agent in the Summer of 2016.

Personally, and this is only my guess work.....I believe Durant is GONE.

Durant is an established Superstar, and one day will be what Lebron is to the NBA today....the biggest FACE in the NBA.

He wants to win and he wants to win while he is still a great player.

OKC is in a DEEP conference that is going to remain strong.

IF OKC can't get it done next year, he's gone......it's that plain and simple, we're living in an era where superstars don't want to wait around and waste their talents.

Call it the "Lebron Effect".
Jun 15, 2015 1:53 AM

Apr 2012
Meanwhile Melo is wasting away his career with the Knicks

Jun 15, 2015 1:58 AM

Apr 2012
Lebron doesn't need to be in his "prime" to win championships. He has the physique of an Olympian, which will continue to be a mismatch to anyone that tries to contain him. He just needs a non crippled team. People are also overselling Dellavedova. He's pretty shit outside of his supposed great defensive game against Curry.

Jun 15, 2015 2:07 AM

Sep 2012
It's been mentioned before, but it's crazy how these Finals are being played... with no big men. The Warriors basically ditched Bogut and have played 6'7" Green in the paint, and now Cleveland has followed in similar fashion (Tristan Thompson is an outlier at a towering 6'10"). These games have been the epitome of the small lineup and seem to embody the new style of basketball whose focus drifts farther away from the center and values greater versatility on the court.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « First ... « 105 106 [107] 108 109 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.