Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2014 8:38 PM
Oct 2011
Silent_Sword said:
So many 10/10's... time to change that.

The games are alright to watch, but everything else is mediocre. The characters aren't really that interesting, the ecchi gags are cheap shots for laughs and I didn't feel much suspense for the heroes. Closest was when Sora was gone, and that didn't last long. Girls are too pandering, all of them are on opposite sides of the boob spectrum. Plus their need to have a bath in like every episode... It'll probably gain a S2, which sorta makes me sad.

I'm glad to find some posts that aren't mostly blind praise for this show. I know people can like it, but flaws need to be made apparent when they exist.

May this join the ranks of SAO and BB...

I would somewhat agree with this but stlll with what some people are giving it because of how other people are rating it is just sad.

But I do suggest you read the Light novel starting from volume 1. More will be explained more will be cleared and when sora was gone ohhh boy was he really gone in the Light Novel. Before I started watching this show I was reading the Light Novel and I have said this show is going to skip a lot and it did. But they still made it hella entertaining. That is what an anime is suppose to do so no less then an 8.
Jun 25, 2014 8:41 PM

Jan 2011
This was fun but everyone is hyping it up way too much.
Jun 25, 2014 8:43 PM

Jun 2014
No Season 2 No Life..

(9/10)
Jun 25, 2014 9:09 PM

Jun 2013
Haha, somehow I knew that Steph would be the one to save the day. Just wasn't sure how she was going to do it.

Well... I NEED SEASON 2!!! I cannot get enough of how much Sora thinks ahead and watching everything set up for a victory!
Jun 25, 2014 9:16 PM

Jun 2009
Rawrdaysgoby said:

I would somewhat agree with this but stlll with what some people are giving it because of how other people are rating it is just sad.

But I do suggest you read the Light novel starting from volume 1. More will be explained more will be cleared and when sora was gone ohhh boy was he really gone in the Light Novel. Before I started watching this show I was reading the Light Novel and I have said this show is going to skip a lot and it did. But they still made it hella entertaining. That is what an anime is suppose to do so no less then an 8.

I avoided factoring in the novel because I've heard the pacing is messed up and they left several things out. I do like to read from people who have complaints with the adaptation who read the novels, as it's important to cover most of the aspects well enough.

It's a shame most people are going to base this solely on the animated version, despite making those who take the time to read the novels and enjoy them feel offended. As much hate I give to SAO, at least some people still had the decency to compare with the novels and cover how much the adaptation skimmed over so that fills in some of the holes people had while watching.
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.
Jun 25, 2014 9:18 PM

Oct 2013
Wait! so, if draw means both party wins
Won't it obsolete the rule??

I mean, why play to win, let's just play for draw
both sides happy

Oh well, why would you care
For all you know, this anime is perfect just because it fulfil your fantasy
to live in a world where people are measured by their gaming skills
Toaki90Jun 25, 2014 9:39 PM
"Burn the heretics"
Jun 25, 2014 9:23 PM

Nov 2007
Here's what I don't understand about this episode. Since Steph was carried by an NPC, that would mean that she was in contact with an NPC, which in turn would drain her love power, which would lead her to become unable to fire. Did I miss something? o-o (Shiro's shot should replenish the meter, but it still took a while for it to reach the moment when she shot, considering how quickly it drained in Episode 11)
-Yuki-Jun 25, 2014 9:27 PM
Jun 25, 2014 9:25 PM

Nov 2013
Fantastic episode and series overall. But one question though, what was the exact spell sora made steph pledge to? The subs are weird because it says to get steph to "follow everything shiro had written on the ground, but to forget it" so does steph follow or ignore?
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Jun 25, 2014 9:28 PM

Apr 2010
mayukachan said:
8.84 oh wow
I swear it was only 8.7 a few days ago LOL

8.85 now, you can't stop this train.
Jun 25, 2014 9:30 PM

Nov 2013
-Yuki- said:
Here's what I don't understand about this episode. Since Steph was carried by an NPC, that would mean that she was in contact with an NPC, which in turn would drain her love power, which would lead her to become unable to fire. Did I miss something? o-o (Shiro's shot should replenish the meter, but it still took a while for it to reach the moment when she shot, considering how quickly it drained in Episode 11)

Correct it did drain steph, however because shiro deflected a bullet and shot steph, it replenished the love power. This cause her love power to deplete slowly again while on the npc. And because she was given the order to shoot straight when her love power became critically low, it was automatic
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Jun 25, 2014 9:37 PM

May 2013
magnificient

anime of the season for me

hate the spoiler bcos now i will not be able to get it out of my head

10/10
Jun 25, 2014 9:38 PM

Apr 2013
was good.. but 8.85 good? no.
Jun 25, 2014 9:40 PM

Dec 2011
That's was a great fun...amazing ending and now hoping for a season 2.Hope it will come out in 2 years or less.
Let's the game begin
Jun 25, 2014 9:42 PM

Nov 2007
zerriet said:
-Yuki- said:

Correct it did drain steph, however because shiro deflected a bullet and shot steph, it replenished the love power. This cause her love power to deplete slowly again while on the npc. And because she was given the order to shoot straight when her love power became critically low, it was automatic

Oh I see. :) Thanks ^-^ Somehow missed that.
Jun 25, 2014 9:47 PM

Apr 2013
antonn said:
mayukachan said:
8.84 oh wow
I swear it was only 8.7 a few days ago LOL

8.85 now, you can't stop this train.

I think that NGNL has singlehandedly broken the MAL rating system (if it wasn't broken already). At this point, I'm thinking that Blank has found some cheat to allow people to give it an 11/10 or something.
Jun 25, 2014 9:48 PM

Dec 2013
Steph confirmed to be best girl with how she saved the day.
Jun 25, 2014 9:57 PM

Sep 2013
5/10

Immensily overhyped but not a bad series. The hype surrounding it is ridiculous though
Jun 25, 2014 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
That coin toss ending in a draw like that was utter bullshit, there is no freaking way he could have made it land in the crack like that.

Other than that, this was a fine ending to the season. I'm assuming that a season 2 is going to be made, because A) This season ended on a cliffhanger, and B) This series is very popular. I hope there's a season 2, I enjoyed this series quite a bit :)

Overall, I give this series an 7/10. This was a fun series, with a unique artstyle, good characters, and brilliantly thought out games, plus a bunch of awesome references XD The downsides, though, is that the story isn't anything special, the OST isn't memorable, or even very good, and I feel like sometimes the writers were just pulling things out of their asses just to let Sora win, one of the examples is at the top of my post with that coin toss.

But, yeah, I liked this series. VERY overrated, but entertaining as hell, and, really, if anything is overrated, I'd rather have it be a good series than a bad one (I'm looking at you, Kill la Kill!!!)
removed-userJun 26, 2014 9:04 PM
Jun 25, 2014 10:15 PM

Aug 2013
Damn this anime was a 10/10. What a fucking epic last episode too. And that cliffhanger! WOW we need a season 2!!

When Madhouse makes an epic anime like this it almost makes you forget they were responsible for shows like the disaster known as Mahou Sensou.

Need season 2 for more Jibril. Nuff said.
Jun 25, 2014 10:19 PM

Jun 2008
Toaki90 said:

both sides happy

Can't exactly tell what you are getting at (as in you are being too ambiguous to tell exactly)
1 - most of the time, the bets in the world aim at taking certain things the other party doesn't want you to have/wants themselves, thus getting a draw won't make everyone happy.

2 - In this instance, [ ] had a plan, which was to unite the countries as federal states, making both side's needs and wishes come true.

Also, once before, (some, hopefully spoilerific lore) there was an instance of a race going for a federal state-like union with anotherrace. Their mistake was overestimating the other's calculating abilities, and they ended up losing. (Even THEN, in their slavery, they managed to secure a fair share of rights, but they are now semi-slaves, putting them little above beasts of burden [LN readers should know what I'm talking about...])

And a final note to add, that I forgot to mention before: [ ] has clearly explained, that the reason they didn't want to take the race piece, is because they have no practical use for it. In their hands it would mean little to nothing.

-Yuki- said:

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think the NPC has to be the one holding you for the drain to take effect, while the other way is netural.

deanzel said:
I think that NGNL has singlehandedly broken the MAL rating system (if it wasn't broken already). At this point, I'm thinking that Blank has found some cheat to allow people to give it an 11/10 or something.

Now stop right there mate. 11/10 is something that very VERY few things in the world deserve.
To give a few examples, creating a utopia in less than 20 years nets you an 11/10 for effort. 5 or less, if you want it for efficiency. 11/10 is earning 2, I repeat TWO Medals of Honor in a single day.
The anime is far from reaching those heights, and very few people would go, and rate it that.

(Actually, getting a single 11/10 rating per 100 (or 250, or 500) anime you've seen looks like a pretty cute idea : ))
Jun 25, 2014 10:30 PM
Apr 2014
Oh my God, this episode so AWESOME. Urgently need a 2nd season, pls.
Jun 25, 2014 10:32 PM

May 2012
this was very entertaining
9/10!
need 2 seazon!
Jun 25, 2014 10:34 PM

Jun 2014
9/10. Incredible. It's obvious they're pushing into the second season if the sales are profitable.

Jun 25, 2014 10:41 PM

Oct 2013
GreenDrag said:
Toaki90 said:

both sides happy

Can't exactly tell what you are getting at (as in you are being too ambiguous to tell exactly)
1 - most of the time, the bets in the world aim at taking certain things the other party doesn't want you to have/wants themselves, thus getting a draw won't make everyone happy.

2 - In this instance, [ ] had a plan, which was to unite the countries as federal states, making both side's needs and wishes come true.

Also, once before, (some, hopefully spoilerific lore) there was an instance of a race going for a federal state-like union with anotherrace. Their mistake was overestimating the other's calculating abilities, and they ended up losing. (Even THEN, in their slavery, they managed to secure a fair share of rights, but they are now semi-slaves, putting them little above beasts of burden [LN readers should know what I'm talking about...])

And a final note to add, that I forgot to mention before: [ ] has clearly explained, that the reason they didn't want to take the race piece, is because they have no practical use for it. In their hands it would mean little to nothing.

That's because the author 'conveniently' make the condition to not overlapping one another.
So, If the terms were:
Foxy lady: If I win I become your master and I become the emanity leader
[ ] : If I win I become your master and I become the warbeast leader
and the results were draw
then who become the master of who?
does the emanity and warbeast have two leaders now?
or.. is.. will..
variable do not compute
brain. can. not. function.
brain is shutting down
"good bye"

Universally, draw means re-match or sudden death round
"Burn the heretics"
Jun 25, 2014 10:49 PM

May 2008
Story was great, games were great, characters were boring, other then Steph and Jibril. No explanation on how retardedly high skilled Sora or Shiro were. That was the problem i have with this series.

Also no way an FPS game would handle like a real life simulator shooting game, Shiro should not be able to shoot like that. Unless she isnt human which i am starting to think neither Sora and Shiro. Im fine with some of their wins like the one with Jibril because it make sense, they have the knowledge to do so. The match against Kurami was already pretty bullshit but still acceptable, but the battle against the Eastern Federation was pretty dumb. Explanations made sense but it was way too ridiculous to actually pull off.

There was never a point in the show where i expected Sora to lose which is what ruins the tension of the battle. To be honest i love this concept, but its not fun when everything ends up just the way Sora and Shiro plans it out to be. 7/10 still a great show.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 25, 2014 11:02 PM

Jun 2014
I got brained-fu**ed. I didn't expect Sora to plan that far ahead inside the game, (though his external plans were a lot more realistic).

I feel like it'll get stale in season 2 because I'm getting really annoyed at how Sora and Shiro are able to plan every little detail out (hell, they even planned for the blood rage).

Though I'm feeling they'll have a hard time with Tet and their policy of "never lose" will be put on the line.

9.5/10

Jun 25, 2014 11:04 PM

Jun 2013
10/10 kuuhaku never loses.

What a finale, and cliffhanger. Season 2 is a must.

Irrelevant but I got my order in for volume 1 of the bluray, cant wait to see this beauty in hd
Jun 25, 2014 11:07 PM

Aug 2012
Very good series
Jun 25, 2014 11:17 PM

Jun 2013
Very good series, but too much overrated.

8/10
Murasa22Jun 25, 2014 11:20 PM
Jun 25, 2014 11:25 PM

Mar 2014
10/10
I enjoyed watching it and I hope there will be a Season 2.
Some people are saying that there won't be a second season because Madhouse
don't continue their LNs.
Jun 25, 2014 11:43 PM

Apr 2010
Damn. This show blew me away from episode 1. 10/10.

Jun 25, 2014 11:44 PM

Jun 2014
Oh we're posting our ratings? 7/10.

The show is fairly bad, but has a number of redeeming moments. If it weren't for it's painfully colour contrasting art style (that's a good thing) and the reasoning behind "Blank's" recent victory (very clever and well thought out) this show would easily fall to a 5 maybe 4.

I initially thought that it would be terrible because it seems to be coming from a video game-esque standpoint, but not so much so. The concept instead is wonderful and not something I've seen before. Manipulation of the ten rules is very intriguing everytime it occurs.

Overall I enjoyed watching this series and hope it can gain support for more seasons. Man I hate open ended finales!
R32Jun 25, 2014 11:48 PM
Jun 25, 2014 11:54 PM

Jul 2013
No Season 2 No Life
Jun 26, 2014 12:23 AM
Nov 2010
It was pretty entertaining. I'd certainly not mind another season of this. It's a shame it ended mid-story like most.
Jun 26, 2014 12:26 AM

Oct 2013
Best show of this season for me... Shiro and Sora...
Jun 26, 2014 12:35 AM

Feb 2014
Now to wait patiently to see if their will be a season 2.
Jun 26, 2014 12:36 AM

Oct 2010
This was surprising more entertainment than I thought it would be.
Jun 26, 2014 12:51 AM

Jun 2008
Toaki90 said:
That's because the author 'conveniently' make the condition to not overlapping one another.
So, If the terms were:
or.. is.. will..
variable do not compute
brain is shutting down
"good bye"

I'm not going to deny, that it was convenient. Especially from a time-saving aspect, which, as throughout the season, this show did way too often.
However, you seem to ignore the werebeasts' standing. they are in no real position to make very high demands, because if they make a demand, that is asking for too much, the game will be refused, Evlen Garde, or Avant Heim would have either had a game with them, or their technological advancements would have been worn away, and bye-bye comfortable Information-Age lifestyle. (back to the hard middle-ages).
So they decided not to push their luck with the bets (also, chances are, should Miko had said anything, that wouldn't have allowed a mutual coexistance, Sora would have refused rather swiftly, or forced a change to something he would have preferred.

Still, the main point is, when someone is holding a gun to your head (from behind you), your first words won't be you demanding them to surrender. You will probably start pleading for your life.
Jun 26, 2014 1:12 AM

Sep 2008
And so it ends.

Quite a lot of cheating, some nice humor, great characters but I didn't enjoy the show as much as I thought I would after first two episodes.
Probably not going to watch 2nd season.

5/10, not my cup of tea.
Jun 26, 2014 1:17 AM

Aug 2008
Knightmaretiger said:
Hehe wow,I read the LN but i did not expect Miko to be a rank 1...

Not really. They say Miko are the mediums of the gods or something. So he correctly guessed she was a medium to make contact with the Old Gods.

But damn, that ending was a teaser. It's like a cliffhanger, for action.
Jun 26, 2014 1:17 AM

Sep 2008
This series surpassed my expectations. Regardless of its many faults, it was still entertaining, thus it's a 7/10 in my book.
Do I think it deserves being in the top 30? Absolutely not, but I understand why it would appeal to a lot of people, so I'm not going to complain any further about it.

I'll be looking forward to the second season if it comes around.
Jun 26, 2014 2:01 AM

May 2010
Oh my God, look at that rating. And here I heard people saying that it will be in 40-50 lines. I said that if it continued to be this good, then it will definitely be in top 30, and I was not wrong.

HELL YEAH, DORA ROCKED THERE! Too bad, it was blank plan but oh well, it was Dora who made it happen. I have no regrets.

Their gambled worked and they really took over Eastern Federation.

Solid anime from start to finish but yeah, what I don't like about it pretty much remained the same (the whole genius theme) I still loved Dora, Jibril, Kurami, the game, the music and esp. the art. The team did an amazing job .Also Miko is pretty damn fine.

I think Kurami developed the most. Also Jibril and Dora.

8/10 Despite my complaints, I still enjoyed it a lot. I just hope it sells well (It was selling surprisingly less, in 4000s as far as I remember... Seriously Japan?) I want a 2nd season.
Jun 26, 2014 2:15 AM

May 2013
Oh yeaaaaah, Steph saved the day but they gave us a cliffhanger ending with some spoilers from the LN. Either way, my perspective from this show changed, so 8 becomes 9/10. What a ride!
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 26, 2014 2:16 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
good ending for the next season (if they make it), fine series in general.

blank never loses, good got that noted down for the 20th time
Jun 26, 2014 2:17 AM

Nov 2012
well this anime has it superb ups and slightly downs , but all the time the show is very much exciting as every episode ends .

10/10 for the series ..
Jun 26, 2014 2:27 AM

Dec 2011
I can't wait for a second season!

Damn Izuna is going full beast mode lol!

9/10
StefanMZJun 26, 2014 2:31 AM
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 26, 2014 2:34 AM

Apr 2009
God dammit there better be a second season! But >Madhouse so I'm worried... Lets hope it sells well, If it licensed In UK/AUS/NZ then I'll definitely be buying - but it's the Jap figures shows go by.
Jun 26, 2014 2:48 AM

May 2014
StefanMZ said:
I can't wait for a second season!

Damn Izuna is going full beast mode lol!

9/10

How would it have been if she went Nine-Tails
Jun 26, 2014 2:58 AM

Mar 2014
GreenDrag said:
Toaki90 said:
So, If the terms were:
or.. is.. will..
variable do not compute
brain is shutting down
"good bye"

I'm not going to deny, that it was convenient. Especially from a time-saving aspect, which, as throughout the season, this show did way too often.
However, you seem to ignore the werebeasts' standing. they are in no real position to make very high demands, because if they make a demand, that is asking for too much, the game will be refused, Evlen Garde, or Avant Heim would have either had a game with them, or their technological advancements would have been worn away, and bye-bye comfortable Information-Age lifestyle. (back to the hard middle-ages).
So they decided not to push their luck with the bets (also, chances are, should Miko had said anything, that wouldn't have allowed a mutual coexistance, Sora would have refused rather swiftly, or forced a change to something he would have preferred.

Still, the main point is, when someone is holding a gun to your head (from behind you), your first words won't be you demanding them to surrender. You will probably start pleading for your life.

You fail to understand here that sora had given her two options. Either they both lose or they both win. Now according to your conditions, they both could have easily chosen the former option and that would suffice the pledges.
Haters just want to create flaws where there are none and confuse others who love the show.
zayan1992Jun 26, 2014 3:05 AM
Jun 26, 2014 3:03 AM

Mar 2014
-Yuki- said:

It is very simple. The order of sora was that once steph's love power was restored wait until her(steph's) energy is just about to run out and then fire a shot straight ahead.
As she is in contact with an NPC, obviously her power is decreasing. Shiro calculated the location at which Steph's power will run out and lured izuna to that location. Then the order is executed according to the pledges and she fires the shot
Pages (21) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.