Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 21, 2016 4:59 AM

Jul 2013
Sadly eating that wrapper resulted Hase getting stomach cancer. For years he had to shit in a bag but he lived with that because of Kaori.

But after spending evening listening about Kaori crying how she was coarced to sex by some frat boy....Hase simply just slit his own throat that night.

So yeah. Don't eat crep's and don't get friendzoned.

5/10
Aug 8, 2016 2:12 AM

Apr 2009
nothing too special about this ending.

6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2016 3:18 AM

Feb 2016
So like no one gives a shit abt the fact that Hase had a crush on her ? And that he is still a freaking "friend" , even after the whole series !?

I wud rather see them dating.......

A happy ending ? Maybe :/
A satisfying ending ? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS -,-
DreamBoiOct 23, 2016 3:27 AM
Can't be bothered anymore
Nov 17, 2016 7:48 AM

Aug 2012
Because of that ending i'm salty as hell. Everything is perfect but that ending.
Jun 7, 2017 2:01 AM

Oct 2015
That guy is gonna stay in the bench for a long time.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 1, 2017 10:46 PM

Aug 2015
Disliked the main character, liked the relationship, but wished it developed further... maybe a confession. Stayed for kiryu, shougo, as he is the only cool character that made me laugh throughout the whole series 7/10 meh.
Aug 6, 2017 8:10 PM
Jul 2017
Goddamn it dense protagonist #1872 had the perfect chance to ask Kaori out but he decided to be a headass instead.
Sep 6, 2017 7:52 PM
Jan 2017
awesome ending .. but it would be better if they keep up with the manga and make season 2 or even an ova showing what happened in the manga when kaori remember every thing even the past and every single moment with hase it would be great i hope they do that because the ending in manga is much better and happier than the anime
Sep 9, 2017 11:07 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, what a sweet and heartwarming series this show was overall. To be frankly honest, however, it felt as though the ending was not wholly satisfying but it was a great one nonetheless. It kind of just irks me that Hase and Kaori have feelings for each other but just can't seem to find the right time to express it, even though the last episode provided countless chances for it. On the other hand, more Shougo x Saki would be very much appreciatable but then again there's another inconclusive ending to their progression.
Well, I at least cried, smiled and was frustrated over the course of watching the series and for that I will give this show a solid and well-deserved 8.5/10. Romance is my favorite genre and I'm well aware of the fact that this series is not labeled as a Romance anime, but my biase slightly hinders this show down to 8.5 rather than a solid 9.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 21, 2018 5:21 PM
Dec 2017
Not satisfying ending imo but at least I'm glad that Hase realised how freaking idiot he is
Jan 1, 2019 4:35 PM
Apr 2016
Aaah the mood was really nice in this episode! I guess the weather made it seem like that... This was a really good heartwarming anime, sad that it ended
Feb 24, 2019 10:01 PM

Dec 2015
i started this back in 2014 can't even remember why i didn't finish it till now anyway it's a pretty relaxing experience nothing too serious...
Aug 20, 2019 11:47 AM

Feb 2018
Good anime, love ED song.
Nov 12, 2019 9:01 AM

Feb 2019
It's finally ended. Enjoyable series throughout.

That was a great episode. Loved that they made up, and surprised that they could give such a definite and satisfying conclusion with the limited runtime they had. The eating crepes together was really nice since it was what was supposed to be their first outing together, which they couldn't do. But now we're ending the series with them eating those crepes that they tried so very hard to eat several times. It feels like we've run quite a course.

That scene at the shrine took me by surprise. Hase fully realised what an idiot he had been, trying to not make Kaori cry ever again but by doing what he did he did make Kaori cry. Really glad they made up.

Also, hilarious to see the mom coming and saying that if Kaori's father knew they were together there he'd call an ambulance lol. Also if Kaori did not go home, his father was going to call the police. Seems like Kaori's father really loves his daughter but may be a little too overprotective.

Overally, really enjoyed this series. Almost lost interest midway, but it really picked up in the second half. The best words to describe the vibe this series gives is "cute" and "heartwarming", and at times "cheesy", but for some reason I don't think that's a bad thing in this series. I like enjoying the cheesy parts of Isshuukan Friends.

Impressed at the execution. It's not great or a masterpiece of any sort, but it was consistent throughout and nothing felt like filler. It stayed focused on the story and the development of the characters from beginning to end and managed to really wrap the series up in a nice way that isn't cliffhanging or unsatisfying. Really satisfied with this anime. Though the last ending scene wasn't really impactful for Kujo's part because his story isn't resolved and there wasn't that much development considering how late into the series he came in. Also liked how Shougo and Saki were goofing around together, definitely ship them!

It's been 5 years since this aired, so I guess a second season isn't coming anytime soon. Time to pick up the manga seeing how it's finished.

Don't know whether to give this a 7 or an 8 yet. But it was good and enjoyable. Liked it.
Feb 24, 2020 3:27 AM

Nov 2013
Not THE BEST type of ending, but a very good one nonetheless.
Some might argue that MC is "running in circles of friendzone", and seeing the reviews before seeing an anime, i expected it to be just that - an unfulfilling and pretty "pointless" journey that leads nowhere, but boy was i mislead. I don't know how someone who has actually seen the anime to the end, can say that a relationship of the two never makes progress, or further development is impossible! That's bullshit. Slowly, but steadily, the progress IS MADE, and such POV is made more adamant in the bonus last chapter of manga where the two pretty much confess to each other and decide to be together even after graduating.

One thing i was made sure of is how useless and misleading the reviews on MAL can be.
8.5-9/10. Could have been 10/10 if the show didn't have a big number of convenient coincidences and dense moments.
Sigmar-UnberogenFeb 24, 2020 3:32 AM
Mar 30, 2020 12:53 AM

Dec 2009
I completed the anime 10 months ago on May 2019, while the anime was completed 7 months before the manga was finished.

... On first impression the voices of Yuuki, Kaori and Shougo aren't what I imagined. Kaori is the first that feels the most natural from what I imagined near the end of the manga, Yuuki decently fits the personality of his manga counterpart but Shougo's voice is too deep.
Saki somewhat has the tone I was imagining but I didn't expect her voice to be that high and cute.

The animation is great in keeping the original character design, while the cinematography and music beautifully captures the moments correctly.

... I don't remember the manga fully but I think the anime may have left out some scenes out. Maybe some dialogue as well but worse of all is the anime's ending is left as a cliff hanger, while the true ending, her weekly amnesia gets cured. Terrible ending that I think was done to not spoil the manga's ending.

... But. I still love it for what it is. Seeing the manga come alive was nice even if the true ending wasn't adapted.
Sep 12, 2020 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
Well...that sucked but slightly enjoyable nonetheless
May 31, 2021 12:04 PM

Aug 2018
Overall, it was a nice anime.. I'd lie, if I'd say that I'd personally enjoy some of the life that was shown.. But it was a story about characters, with their feelings and thoughts.. I can see some of these things.. But also I don't feel like going deeper in some things, and rather taking like Saki's laidback position.. Like, I can recognize some hesitances I had or stuff, in some of my relationships.. And wishing to protect the person.. But also at the end of the day, I personally still would choose to live, how I live now, to be honest.. I think that being in closer stable relationship is too taxing and not interesting for me personally.. Even if I do find that sometimes I'd rather person grow, for example, like how Kiryuu wished for Saki, when she didn't really need that.. I still will hold my opinion that I rather stay not close, but wishing for best for person, and won't be with person, if I think it makes him worse..
Anyway.. I liked Saki the most from characters, probably.. Kaori is nice as well, though maybe she feels a bit too perfect even, lol.. Not like it makes her worse, not at all.. Just that I don't know how good I'd get with the nice person like that.. I still like her as a character, really, just that I feel that she is a bit too good for me, really.. Like, I wouldn't be able to be in relationship like this, probably would get spoiled easily, or would worry too much, or something else, lol.. Even in imperfections she seems like a perfect person, to be honest.. Kaori is kind, caring, adorable.. And even when she makes mistakes - only just of not realization.. Like of complicated feelings Hase had.. I like Kaori as a person a lot, really.. Just that I also feel uneasy about her.. But she's great person, really..
But returning.. I think anime was close to real sometimes, with how slice of life was.. Or how drama was.. I totally can see this.. The most I liked Saki and Kaori.. But guys were interesting at times as well, really..
Jul 27, 2021 11:30 AM

Mar 2021
Episode 12 "I'd Like for Us to be Friends"
It's so Glad Seeing Developments between Saki and Kiryuu And I think Hase should get a punch in the guts so he'll wake up like bro doesn't he want to be friends with Fujimiya but I'm so happy he Realized his Foolishness lol
Aside From that, Overall This was a good Anime I wouldn't say It's one of my top Anime but this story is about their passionate thoughts and Friendships and if I were to pick my favorite character ofc it'll be Kiryuu I mean he's always there with him, Supports him and aid him when he has some problems and he knows when to deal with Situations that doesn't need him to meddle and regarding that situation when Hase thinks he would hurt Fujimiya like what Hajime did, he shouldn't have think like that like what are the chances for her to be hurt like that again...still this was a fun ride
Nov 20, 2021 7:43 AM
May 2016
Such a sweet show and the art was so warm and beautiful, especially the backgrounds.
Dec 30, 2022 11:50 AM

May 2015
I hope Yuki and Kaori will be best friends forever.

What a heartwarming anime, loved it.
Mar 18, 2023 7:46 PM
Sep 2018
A very special little series. Haven’t seen many quite like it over the years.

Also, I want my own Saki.
Mar 30, 2023 11:12 PM
Mar 2016
A very anticlimactic ending imo. Not every anime needs to end with the landmark romantic moments, but it certainly feels kind of pointless if neither character can even admit their feelings to themselves. A second season would fix that problem, but of course it doesn't exist.

I honestly found Hase annoying. Not in an unbearable and insufferable way, but in a "god you'd be exasperating in real life" way. Like could you stop whining every single day? I mean I get it. I certainly had periods of time with certain people like that at that age, although they were more complicated and impossible for teenagers to fix on their own. So I have some empathy and sympathy, but I also want him to man up on occasion. He missed a lot of good opportunities to do things for her. Not chasing after her at the family restaurant in particular was quite awful. At least go to her house later. But no, hurt her with the silent treatment to avoid hurting her... Right. He had his good qualities, but there are times when you have to step up.

Hajime is trash. I wanted him to fall down a well. Hase should have at least punched him once at the crepe stand. Hajime was mad that she forgot him, but he never thought to call her or her family once for 3 years. You'd think he'd contact someone who would mention the car accident by then. He can't believe the girl he has a crush on, and launches straight into being a massive jerk.

I think her accident would have been more impactful if her friends in elementary school pushed her into the street. It seems like kind of a stretch for one instance of bullying and "Everyone hates you," to lead to something as serious as amnesia. It also feels weird that she could remember the accident after learning the truth, but still had problems with remembering the present. I don't think it would solve her problem overnight either, but this still feels inconsistent.

We didn't get the side couple either. It felt like just shoving the other two characters together. Needed a bit more time to develop before hypothetical marriage proposals imo, but they ran out of time. I would have much rather Hajime not be in the show, and have them use that time to focus on both couples instead.

6/10. Lot of good here. Sweet moments. Cute girls including an adorable loli and a flirty milf. A sarcastic friend that calls the protag on his bullshit. A few effective tugs at your heartstrings. But because all the buildup is torn down halfway through, we end up feeling like we haven't built to much of anything in the first place.

At the very least, Hase should have written in his diary that he liked her. I kept waiting at the final episode for him to say, "I don't want to be friends. I want something more!" Then her protests would have him saying, "Umm... More. More like 'Best Friends' I guess." Would have been more satisfying.
DarkdaxterMar 30, 2023 11:15 PM
Jun 26, 2023 7:38 AM

May 2020
Well, it's a satisfying conclusion after what happened. Of course i want more romance between the two leads, but I'm happy with what i got. I'm glad that at least it's an open ending.
8/10 . I really like the vibe of this anime, the OP and ED songs are great too.

Saki and Kiryuu pair is also unique, at least for me. Never seen characters with their tropes being paired before
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Aug 24, 2023 6:51 AM
Dec 2020
I don't update my MAL but for once I wanted to update it cause of this specific anime I loved this idk why but it's probably because I had a similar experience, but the friend's memory would not reset like this but was only by the time of the accident all the way too now they still don't remember the past, but anime touched deep for me that's why I give it a 10 for me. (I'm still friends with the person that lost their memory)
Aug 25, 2023 7:01 AM

Oct 2009
When I watched this 9 years ago when it aired, I used to jokingly call it "One-Week Friendzone" but I had fond memories and gave this an 8/10. Re-watching it all again today I realised I was being too generous with my score and updated it to a 6/10. I don't know if it's because my standards are higher nowadays but it's more clear to me now that the romance element was basically non-existent, and the slice of life moments are easily forgettable - there isn't much to enjoy about this short series. I pretty much echo the thoughts of the mixed review on the front page here and I wonder what I had made me enjoy this anime so much in the first place. Well just like Kaori, I'll soon be forgetting this anime too, not because of any poorly explained mental condition with no sign of resolution, but just simply because this was an average anime. Sora Amamiya is still a great voice actor and I enjoyed her performance as a female lead and also for the ending theme.
divineiniquityAug 25, 2023 7:06 AM
Jan 6, 12:08 AM

Aug 2014
One-Week Friends started off strong, engaging, and captivating. It was a very sweet-chilled anime.

It had everything going on in the first four episodes of the anime, with the sweetness of the female MC, and the male MC trying to progress with her, and the best friend of the male MC being involved with his chilled-nature, and the light drama.

But sadly, this anime lost its spark after episode 4. I also really hated how there was no romance progress between the two MC's. Cant even consider this anime a romance.

One Week Friends is enjoyed because of what you think is gonna happen next, theory crafting, how you think the romance will progress. But after episode 4, you see that the story is dull and nothing romantically will develop, so the anime just becomes dull to watch.

Again, an anime that started strong, but then became simply meh till the end.

With all that said, unreal to believe that there was never a season 2, almost 10 years since this season 1 ended.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

172 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2014

160 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

155 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 17, 2023 2:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.