Forum Settings
Forums

Why would characters like Taiga Aisaka and Yuno Gasai popular here in MAL?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 15, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
gedata said:
skyzblue said:

That's not really a spoiler. It's a part of the basic premise.

Sounds spoilerific enough for me.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 15, 2014 1:59 PM

Nov 2012
skyzblue said:
gedata said:

That's not really a spoiler. It's a part of the basic premise.

But it's in the synopsys: http://myanimelist.net/anime/134/Gunslinger_Girl
Jun 15, 2014 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
Setimo said:
skyzblue said:

But it's in the synopsys: http://myanimelist.net/anime/134/Gunslinger_Girl

Yeah I was just messing with gedata. Too bored watching the France v Honduras match @_@
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 15, 2014 4:32 PM

Feb 2012
Why wouldn't they? Not everyone who likes those characters are active in the forums. Those of us that dislike 1 or both of those characters are a loud minority.
Jun 15, 2014 4:39 PM

Mar 2012
Still waiting for the rise of new yandere queen.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 15, 2014 4:44 PM

Aug 2013
Because weeaboos be weeaboos.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Jun 15, 2014 4:45 PM

Feb 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Still waiting for the rise of new yandere queen.

You and me both. I just hope it isn't a loli, because I only have room for so many angry lolis in my heart.
Jun 15, 2014 10:34 PM

Mar 2012
There is fundamental difference between Shana and Taiga. Taiga is just normal human whereas Shana is shaped to be a warrior from the start something that Alastor view as a mistake. She doesn't even have a name let alone emotion of normal human being. Yuuji and Chigusa is the one that shape her into human being. You seems to forgot that Shana after discover what is love then she confess in the most straight forward way possible while confronting Yuuji head on. She also try to confess before but plot won't allow her to do it.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 15, 2014 11:33 PM

Nov 2013
My guess for why people like Gasai Yuno is because in the start of Mirai Nikki she seems to be a normal person who also got dragged into the game. But as it unfolds you see here true colours, what she is really like and her love for Yuki, what she would go through for Yuki.
Raise it up, raise up the happiness.
Jun 16, 2014 12:33 AM

Apr 2013
MrGoldiii said:
My guess for why people like Gasai Yuno is because in the start of Mirai Nikki she seems to be a normal person who also got dragged into the game. But as it unfolds you see here true colours, what she is really like and her love for Yuki, what she would go through for Yuki.

Yuno didnt got dragged into the game. I think you've got facts totally wrong.
FluffyFleshJun 16, 2014 12:39 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 16, 2014 4:26 AM

Apr 2013
goldslash said:

No.

Admit you're wrong, I know it's hard to do but you'll feel better afterward.
@Neoankara : that's just the explanation for Shana being a tsundere, nothing more. It doesn't change the fact that she was aggressive ad shy toward Yuuji during most of her story even though she was liking him for all that time.
Well done tsundere always have a reason to be tsundere anyway. Difference is, Shana's behavior fit exactly with the "Tsundere' behavior. Whereas Taiga's behavior doesn't. Nothing surprising here, since Taiga doesn't have a tsundere personality.

I see that none of you have any good explanation for calling Taiga a tsundere. I'm not surprised, you never really asked yourself before if she was or not, right~ If you did, you would have seen that she wasn't far sooner.
Jun 16, 2014 4:32 AM

Mar 2012
Just when exactly Shana aggressive toward Yuuji?
Jun 16, 2014 4:33 AM

Apr 2013
Zefyris said:
goldslash said:

No.

@Neoankara : that's just the explanation for Shana being a tsundere, nothing more. It doesn't change the fact that she was aggressive ad shy toward Yuuji during most of her story even though she was liking him for all that time.
Well done tsundere always have a reason to be tsundere anyway. Difference is, Shana's behavior fit exactly with the "Tsundere' behavior. Whereas Taiga's behavior doesn't. Nothing surprising here, since Taiga doesn't have a tsundere personality.

I see that none of you have any good explanation for calling Taiga a tsundere. I'm not surprised, you never really asked yourself before if she was or not, right~ If you did, you would have seen that she wasn't far sooner.

I'm not going to argue with you about that but tsundere its like that game with cold-cold-warm-warmer-hot-hotter when you search for something someone hid. She was cold , she got warmer and warmer overtime.
By your logic Makise Kurisu isnt a tsundere either.
Sure , Taiga is more complex than a character that falls totally under an archtype.....but admit it that Taiga has a strong influence from a tsundere behaviour. And when a character acts similar to a tsundere people call it tsundere. See the problem with Senjougahara that annoys the shit out of me when someone calls her tsundere when she's not.
@NeonAnkara : Watch the first season.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 16, 2014 4:37 AM

Mar 2012
Well the most that I remember is that Shana and Yuuji have verbal spar which result in Shana go alone hunting Rinne/Tomogara and still at the end of episode they back together again.
Jun 16, 2014 4:54 AM

Apr 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Just when exactly Shana aggressive toward Yuuji?

Like, all the time? It doesn't need to be physically, verbally is enough to make her an archetype of a tsundere.
FluffyFlesh said:

I'm not going to argue with you about that but tsundere its like that game with cold-cold-warm-warmer-hot-hotter when you search for something someone hid. She was cold , she got warmer and warmer overtime.
By your logic Makise Kurisu isnt a tsundere either.
Sure , Taiga is more complex than a character that falls totally under an archtype.....but admit it that Taiga has a strong influence from a tsundere behaviour. And when a character acts similar to a tsundere people call it tsundere. See the problem with Senjougahara that annoys the shit out of me when someone calls her tsundere when she's not.
@NeonAnkara : Watch the first season.

By "my logic" Kurisu is a tsundere. She likes him yet refuse to admit it and doesn't admit her own feeling before a long time+ has words with him quite often. She doesn't act toward him like she acts toward other, so he's special to her for a very long time.

By "your logic" any woman IRL is a tsundere/kuudere. I mean, how many time did you see a girl jumping in your arm right from the time she meet you~ ? Shge doesn't know you yet, you're a complete stranger. Obviously there is always a phase where she act toward the guy she'll love afterward exactly like she acts toward others since she doesn't like the guy yet. So if she's violent (with words) with everyone she's going to be violent toward the guy, if she's cold toward everyone she's going to be cold toward the guy.
That's not what those archetype are supposed to be. It's only if "even though she likes him, she keeps denying her feeling and being harsh/cold toward him" that it becomes a personality trait called Xdere.
Taiga doesn't fall in that category. Hence she cannot be called a tsundere.
She acts toward ryuuji the same way as she act toward other when she doesn't like him yet. She acts dere toward ryuuji when she likes him. Again, that's not what is called a tsundere. A tsundere doesn't confess in her story at the beginning, nor is she kind with the boy she loves right from the beginning of the story.
ZefyrisJun 16, 2014 5:08 AM
Jun 16, 2014 6:16 AM

Apr 2013
You didnt follow what I said . I said her behaviour is one of a tsundere which makes a character very often confused with one. She's violent , which its how nowadays tsundere act , again a thing that can easily make a character fell under an archtype.

I'll give you a concrete example.
In what is measured an engine power of a car?

Now , if you got it right you would understand what I said if you didnt , you pushed the spoiler button and still you should be able to understand.
FluffyFleshJun 16, 2014 6:46 AM
Jun 16, 2014 6:44 AM

Jul 2013
It's because they're mascot characters to their respective popular series, not because they're the "queens" of their archetypes.
Jun 16, 2014 8:59 AM

Feb 2010
Zefyris said:
goldslash said:

No.

You say she isn't aggressive towards the male MC, and I stopped reading and decided your perception is twisted. Nothing to unprove here, because nothing was proven in the first place. I haven't seen Shana, but I've seen enough of Taigas passive aggression tsundere-ness to just not take you serious when you pretend there are no signs of aggression in Taigas behaviour. And I don't care enough about 'winning' the argument because there's nothing to argue here, so for all I care you can count this argument as a win for you while I and the rest of the world will just continue to call her a tsundere because she is.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 16, 2014 9:59 AM

Mar 2012
Zefyris said:

Sry i'm elitist can't do that!!

JJ.
Jun 16, 2014 11:53 AM

Apr 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Zefyris said:

You say she isn't aggressive towards the male MC, and I stopped reading and decided your perception is twisted. Nothing to unprove here, because nothing was proven in the first place. I haven't seen Shana, but I've seen enough of Taigas passive aggression tsundere-ness to just not take you serious when you pretend there are no signs of aggression in Taigas behaviour. And I don't care enough about 'winning' the argument because there's nothing to argue here, so for all I care you can count this argument as a win for you while I and the rest of the world will just continue to call her a tsundere because she is.

Yes stop reading. Your whole post completely missed the point.
It natural though, since you don't have any argument. 'Cause there isn't one to begin with ~.
Jun 16, 2014 12:52 PM

May 2014
read the first page and can say MAL is retarded.
Jun 16, 2014 3:36 PM

Mar 2014

well i understand your argument
Jun 16, 2014 4:29 PM

Nov 2013
Honestly, Taiga was not fun to watch, but Yuno was.
Jun 16, 2014 9:13 PM

May 2014
The thing about Taiga is that she's not that annoying, especially when compared to other Tsundere characters. In a world where tsunderes are typically the most hated "dere", she stands out from the rest. She has major development throughout the series, and shows genuine compassion and love towards her significant other- while only being violent towards him on occasion. Taiga is not someone who completely fits into the archetype. She is a very layered and realistic character.

From what I've heard, Yuno is not the most well done Yandere out there. I personally just find her design cute(with blood and all). But she is an over the top character in an over the top show, which may have added to her success. Yanderes are also not usually shown even in the mainstream of the anime community. So when one pops up, people are bound to marvel the lovable psychotic character and think, "Damn, she's crazy." And then everyone would want a little yandere for themselves.
Jun 16, 2014 11:36 PM

Nov 2013
Cause they're awesome...
Raise it up, raise up the happiness.
Jun 17, 2014 1:11 AM

Apr 2013
billyboyforever said:
The thing about Taiga is that she's not that annoying, especially when compared to other Tsundere characters. In a world where tsunderes are typically the most hated "dere", she stands out from the rest. She has major development throughout the series, and shows genuine compassion and love towards her significant other- while only being violent towards him on occasion. Taiga is not someone who completely fits into the archetype. She is a very layered and realistic character.

From what I've heard, Yuno is not the most well done Yandere out there. I personally just find her design cute(with blood and all). But she is an over the top character in an over the top show, which may have added to her success. Yanderes are also not usually shown even in the mainstream of the anime community. So when one pops up, people are bound to marvel the lovable psychotic character and think, "Damn, she's crazy." And then everyone would want a little yandere for themselves.

Yanderes' cant be placed in anytype of anime like other 'dere archtypes. Also , if only you plan a horror/romance + other genre anime a yandere could fit with the anime.
Jun 17, 2014 4:09 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
hybreezy said:
It's because they're mascot characters to their respective popular series, not because they're the "queens" of their archetypes.

Not arguing Taiga, as there are plenty tsundere character out there that can compete. Who are you putting over Yuno though? I can't think of another yandere even remotely close to challenging her "queen" status. Maybe I am forgetting someone?
Jun 17, 2014 4:11 AM

Feb 2014
KingYoshi said:
hybreezy said:

Not arguing Taiga, as there are plenty tsundere character out there that can compete. Who are you putting over Yuno though? I can't think of another yandere even remotely close to challenging her "queen" status. Maybe I am forgetting someone?

Taiga has become queen of tsunderes.
Jun 17, 2014 4:12 AM

Apr 2013
KingYoshi said:
hybreezy said:

Does Shuffle! and SD ring a bell to you?
Jun 17, 2014 4:15 AM

Feb 2014
FluffyFlesh said:
KingYoshi said:

You're really going to argue that one of those two competes with Yuno as the most notable yandere? Really?

You're just being contrary for the sake of being contrary.
Jun 17, 2014 4:15 AM

Mar 2012
Speaking of tsundere Ririchiyo and Victorique is pretty unique to me.
Jun 17, 2014 4:16 AM

Apr 2013
Feyfray said:
FluffyFlesh said:

You're really going to argue that one of those two competes with Yuno as the most notable yandere? Really?

You're just being contrary for the sake of being contrary.

Not arguing . He was saying that he doesnt know any other yanderes. And I just gave him some tips. Ofcourse those are not the only ones .
Jun 17, 2014 4:18 AM

Feb 2014
FluffyFlesh said:
Not arguing . He was saying that he doesnt know any other yanderes. And I just gave him some tips. Ofcourse those are not the only ones .

He wasn't saying he didn't know any other yanderes, though.

KingYoshi said:
Who are you putting over Yuno though? I can't think of another yandere even remotely close to challenging her "queen" status.
Jun 17, 2014 4:19 AM

Feb 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Speaking of tsundere Ririchiyo and Victorique is pretty unique to me.

I fell in love with ririchiyo during the anime. But I haven't seen gosick yet.
Jun 17, 2014 4:22 AM

Apr 2013
Feyfray said:
FluffyFlesh said:

KingYoshi said:
Who are you putting over Yuno though? I can't think of another yandere even remotely close to challenging her "queen" status.

Wrong , what Sekai and Katsuna did is far more gruesome , it had more impact , than Yuno's yan side.
Sure , Yuno as a whole is a better character but after a while what Yuno did over the series left less and less impact.
I mean after some episodes I was like ....oh , she's killing again.
You can say I'm comparing apples to oranges but she's not the only yandere that is memorable.
It's sad that the girls from Higurashi are mostly Yangire......
Jun 17, 2014 4:24 AM

Feb 2014
FluffyFlesh said:
Feyfray said:

Wrong , what Sekai and Katsuna did is far more gruesome , it had more impact , than Yuno's yan side.
Sure , Yuno as a whole is a better character but after a while what Yuno did over the series left less and less impact.
I mean after some episodes I was like ....oh , she's killing again.
You can say I'm comparing apples to oranges but she's not the only yandere that is memorable.

I personally think you're grasping at straws, but i'm not going to beat you over the head for having a different opinion.

I just think that 9 out of 10 people will mention Yuno if someone asks "name a Yandere" unless they are trying to be contrary. She popularized the term and you really can't argue that.

Unless you want to start a semantic argument over what the "queen" of an archetype is, but we probably won't agree so it's pointless.
Jesus-desuJun 17, 2014 4:28 AM
Jun 17, 2014 4:33 AM

Jul 2013
Ultimately, sure Yuno would be the queen of yanderes in terms of her popularity I can concede that. However, my point was to more that it's less likely someone likes Yuno for strictly yandere purposes as much as favouriting Yuno because they really like Mirai Nikki. I'm sure there's a mix of both, but I'd still lean towards the representing Mirai Nikki thing more than thinking she's the best yandere. But it's whatever...

Also, I really doubt Taiga is a more popular tsundere than the likes of Biribiri or Asuka when factoring fandom outside of strictly MAL.
Jun 17, 2014 4:35 AM

Apr 2013
I'm not arguing . The majority decided , so who am I to oppose that?
I'm just saying that she's not the only one that is memorable.
For instance , there are plenty of tsundere out there but I remember only a few of them: Shana , Taiga , Victorique , Makise "Hentai-shoujo" Kurisu , Oda Nobuna and 2 or 3 that I cant remember right now.

L.E: Yes! Louise was one of them that it slipped.
FluffyFleshJun 17, 2014 4:39 AM
Jun 17, 2014 4:37 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Both of them are from series with a huge amount of viewers, and they're both perhaps the most iconic characters of their respective archetypes.

Taiga is Kugimiya's (in itself a factor) most popular tsundere, not as extreme as Louise but more likable in general and she also has a lot of character development which makes her grow out of it over time.

Yuno is by far the most famous yandere ever, meaning that if you like the archetype, she's almost always the first to come to mind. Also she singlehandedly made Mirai Nikki entertaining due to her crazy antics, which is not something you see very often. The entire show would've sucked without her but she was so damn enjoyable to watch, and that fact isn't changed even if she happens to be a crazy psychopathic bitch.
Jun 18, 2014 4:14 AM

Apr 2008
I really can understand Taiga's popularity. I normally can't stand a Tsundere, especially when they are the focus of a show. That said I absolutely adore Taiga. She has such a really cute side, she has a very deep sadness in her and when she does love it's with such a passion. Honestly after the first maybe 5 episodes I had a hard time even calling her Tsundere, I would just say she's that grumpy cute girl.
Jun 18, 2014 5:10 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
FluffyFlesh said:
KingYoshi said:

Nah, I haven't saw those series. I'll have to check them out at some point. Closest one I have saw to Yuno would be Lucy from Elfen Lied, but she is still a good ways behind Yuno, imo.

hybreezy said:
Ultimately, sure Yuno would be the queen of yanderes in terms of her popularity I can concede that. However, my point was to more that it's less likely someone likes Yuno for strictly yandere purposes as much as favouriting Yuno because they really like Mirai Nikki. I'm sure there's a mix of both, but I'd still lean towards the representing Mirai Nikki thing more than thinking she's the best yandere. But it's whatever...

Hmm, I'm more on the side of liking Mirai Nikki because of Yuno. I think Mirai Nikki would have suffered greatly without her. I see your point though.
May 6, 2021 10:39 AM
May 2021
First of all that’s a stupid question.

People have their different perspective that’s why there are many different persona in anime so that different people can enjoy the shows.

They both deserve the vote anime isn’t only for you or for your own taste respect each other.

If you don’t want them then let them be some people love them some may not so be careful not to hurt other’s feelings you don’t want some people to ask the same for you’re favorite series.

The real shit people are those who don’t care for the feeling of the others . Real Weeb do respect other weebs.
May 6, 2021 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
Your question is wrong, it should be why Itsuki (Go Toubun) and Mami (Rent A Girlfriend) have so many favs, if that I can answer because of Bots.

for Yuno and Taiga I don't know the reason why they are so popular, maybe the same reason why Zero two and Rem have a lot of fans.
removed-userMay 6, 2021 12:50 PM
May 6, 2021 6:16 PM

Aug 2020
Your question is wrong, it should be why Itsuki (Go Toubun) and Mami (Rent A Girlfriend) have so many favs, if that I can answer because of Bots.
bruh, those two anime hadn't even aired when OP asked the question XD
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» It's good that sometimes you don't need to gatekeep a series when it does by itself

Damnits - 45 minutes ago

6 by Gyroe »»
46 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 )

Cammell - May 8

96 by Damnits »»
8 minutes ago

» 1 trick pony, but it's actually peak!

APolygons2 - 5 hours ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
39 minutes ago

» favorite anime under 50 episodes?

RedTea33 - 8 hours ago

20 by IKKIsama »»
50 minutes ago

» How much time do you spend discussing anime?

RobertBobert - May 6

26 by Epiccgaymer »»
56 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.