Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater NOT!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 10, 2014 10:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think Tsugumi is starting to miss home a bit. She has a cute dog too there imo :> Shame about that letter...damn.

Anyways, they need to hunt down that witch. I can't believe even Meme got involved in this. Damn it. Anyways, a pretty intense episode in the second half. I'm curious how they will adapt the rest of this. I kinda like how the story picked up a bit now...and poor Sid-sensei :(
Stark700Jun 10, 2014 2:35 PM
Jun 10, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
Wow I am kind of bummed that there is only two episodes left, I can kind of imagine where the cut of point is going to be though,

Good job Meme? xD poor Sid
Jun 10, 2014 2:46 PM

May 2013
Oh so that's how Sid died. Things are being revealed one after another. Poor Pochi :(
Jun 10, 2014 2:52 PM
Oct 2010
Sid was killed!!!

... Ok, not that unexpected. Still, what an ugly way to go.

Hmmm... I'm also liking the turn of events even though I don't mind the usual light tone... to which it will doubtlessly return after this is over... if there is another season by any chance.

babymilo91 said:
Poor Pochi :(
Poor Pochi indeed. But better than the brother, which was my immediate thought.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 10, 2014 3:18 PM

Oct 2013
Liked this episode a lot. Much more intense than I thought it would be but that just adds to the show. Can't wait to see how things end.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jun 10, 2014 3:18 PM

Jul 2008
This episode is how the whole series should have been like.
Jun 10, 2014 3:34 PM

Sep 2012
Shangetsu said:
This episode is how the whole series should have been like.

I agree and disagree. I mean I was watching this anime for moe and cute parts but I frickin love when cute anime turns dark too!!!
And I have enjoyed this anime and I would still like it even if it were without the dark parts with eternal feather-San and meme being controlled by the witch and just continued with the triangle drama thing... (Don't hate me...) >.<
bite me
Jun 10, 2014 4:01 PM

May 2012
Damn things got dark.

Poor Meme and Sid. I wondering how Sid die. Shaula is a pretty cool villain. Now I'm wondering was Meme really skilled or was it just Shaula controlling her?
Jun 10, 2014 4:17 PM
Mar 2014
Humza_96 said:
I haven't watched the orginal Soul Eater in ages but is this

I'm assuming it is, because in Soul Eater (if I remember correctly)
Jun 10, 2014 4:20 PM

Feb 2011
Definitely did not see that coming.
Jun 10, 2014 4:48 PM

Aug 2012
This episode...loved it..back when I was still alive
Jun 10, 2014 4:52 PM

Nov 2011
That's just the kinda of man he was
Jun 10, 2014 5:11 PM

Jun 2013
Sid isn't actually dead though because ã€ŚSoul Eater Not!ã€Ť takes place before ã€ŚSoul Eaterã€Ť. He is alive in ã€ŚSoul Eaterã€Ť
Jun 10, 2014 5:25 PM

Jul 2013
It was a good episode, it got a little darker than any other episodes. Though the fight scenes felt cheesy tbh.

Now Meme's being possessed, Sid is severly injured, and Anya is the princess, I wonder how the show will wrap up in 2 episodes.

Jun 10, 2014 6:16 PM

Jun 2012
So I was right about Meme.

And I guess this is how Sid becomes a zombie.
Jun 10, 2014 6:46 PM
Mar 2012
Last few episodes and we finally get some plot!
Jun 10, 2014 7:12 PM

Jun 2013
I'm so confused, Sid was still alive during the beginning of Soul Eater? Wasn't he? Like I just checked and I'm not wrong. So then how does he die in NOT because I thought this was technically a prequel? xD
Jun 10, 2014 8:43 PM

May 2013
It's starting to get exciting. I'm a little disappointed cuz it began near the end. It could have been done in the earlier episodes. Anyway, Sid just received a beating and cost him his life.
Jun 10, 2014 9:01 PM

Aug 2009
All the things I was thinking of when Clay asked for Meme's clothes
[right]

Jun 10, 2014 9:23 PM

Sep 2013
Anya's lantern looks creepy, well it's a good thing for Halloween ;)

Poor dog :(

Tsugumi made Meme cry :/

Meme's coat looks like something Stein would wear :P

That door looked so weird.

Sleep Reading? XD Anyways I wonder what that book was about.

So that's how Sid died.

Shaula is building an army :o

Well things escalated this episode.
Jun 10, 2014 9:38 PM

Jul 2012
*Sob*
Sad episode.....especially around the start of the episode. :(

But! Wow! What an episode overall....a nightmare indeed. It looks like....Meme was being possessed by a witch! Not just any witch...but that weird scorpion....mind controlling witch. o-o

She escaped! D: And then....Anya was told to leave DWMA, since she's a princess and stuff....and that Death City is pretty dangerous, at the moment.
So....
Tsugumi...is now all alone? D:
Jun 10, 2014 10:05 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode! Although it started off kind of weak, (are we supposed to care about her dog?) it picked up a nice clip, and finally reveals some things about its cast, things that I never would have expected. I just thought Meme was an airhead, I didn't think that there might have been a reason behind it!

I was wondering if they were going to kill Sid properly since they mentioned in Soul Eater that he had a statue of liberty smashed into his head. I'm glad they kept up with the canon and revealed some nice background information!

Throughout this episode I thought they made it rather obvious that Meme would be her choice as a partner and they could reconcile, but the end of the episode left that a lot more up to interpretation. Anya might be a real princess?
Jun 10, 2014 10:24 PM

Sep 2013
This was an amazing episode. Since I first saw Soul Eater, I had assumed Sid elected to undergo zombification --which always struck me as an unbelievable situation as zombification is permanent-- but him being murdered TOTALLY never crossed my mind! Leave it to the Great Atsushi Okubo to never forget to answer something! And Shaula, wow is she WAY deadlier than I imagined her to be. I shouldve known better, what with her being a Gorgon sister and all...
Jun 10, 2014 10:28 PM

Sep 2013
heavens-reaper said:
Humza_96 said:

No. In the original, Sid is introduced while still living and somewhere between the events of episode 3 and 4, Sid is mentioned to have been killed via "being stabbed through the forehead by a Statue of Liberty" and then rumors are spread of him attacking Shibusen students as bait for Maka, Soul, BlackStar, and Tsubaki's collective Remedial Lesson.
Jun 10, 2014 10:43 PM

Jan 2014
I still want Meme as Tsugumi's partner even after all that's happened.
Jun 10, 2014 10:54 PM
Mar 2014
Old_Raven said:
heavens-reaper said:

No. In the original, Sid is introduced while still living and somewhere between the events of episode 3 and 4, Sid is mentioned to have been killed via "being stabbed through the forehead by a Statue of Liberty" and then rumors are spread of him attacking Shibusen students as bait for Maka, Soul, BlackStar, and Tsubaki's collective Remedial Lesson.

so if thats true then im confused as all hell. if he died now and this is suppose to be a prequel how is he alive in the beginning of the original? and IF this is a sequel than how is he alive in NOT (up until this episode)?
Jun 10, 2014 10:58 PM

Dec 2011
Things are getting serious. I am quite excited to see old characters to be on the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2014 12:49 AM

Jan 2011
heavens-reaper said:
Humza_96 said:

yes and yes, i actually had to re read the early chapters to make sure
Jun 11, 2014 1:02 AM

Nov 2013
OHHHHHHH

so this is why sid is a zombie

i also now finally understand the timeline of this. were at around episode 4-6 of soul eater right now
Jun 11, 2014 1:05 AM

Mar 2014

either Soul eater Not is much close in the timeline to Soul eater or this is the most intentionally plothole
Jun 11, 2014 1:32 AM

Jan 2011
AzuStar said:

either Soul eater Not is much close in the timeline to Soul eater or this is the most intentionally plothole
uh did they change it in the show because this is chatper 1.1 and the very first mention of him
Jun 11, 2014 2:18 AM
Sep 2013
Man, I wish this anime would last longer...just when things got more interesting...
I also want it to be about Tsugumi, Meme and Anya since I'm starting to get attached to them :

This episode was great! I like the revelations and all but...I feel like it's sorta rushed.
Jun 11, 2014 9:11 AM

Mar 2009
AzuStar said:

The first 3 episodes of the original series are the introduction of the 3 teams, which again happend before or during this series.
Episode 4 is when the main series actually "start". There is no plothole.
And episode 4 is when they visit their old teacher, who is a zombie.
Jun 11, 2014 10:51 AM

Dec 2009
Well that was entertaining... Anya a princess, I believe they hinted at this at the beginning, and in the manga too. But being forced to leave... I wonder what Tsugumi will do now. Oh the next episode looks interesting. It looks like Anya and Tsugumi is going to do a soul resonance, sweet.

Znote said:
AzuStar said:

The first 3 episodes of the original series are the introduction of the 3 teams, which again happend before or during this series.
Episode 4 is when the main series actually "start". There is no plothole.
And episode 4 is when they visit their old teacher, who is a zombie.

Exactly. The first three episode were introductions, though Kid's must of taken place sometime after Liz and Patti did their community service.

Jun 11, 2014 10:55 AM

Dec 2013
Loved how this episode upped the stakes, especially in the second half. I was right about Meme being controlled by Shaula, and Tsugumi finally finds out Anya's dirty little secret.

Interesting that we actually got to see Sid die, the timelines are lining up now. We'll probably get to see more of the original SE cast for the conclusion of this series, Shaula is too strong for the NOT students alone.

All in all I upped my ranking of this one +1 after this episode.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jun 11, 2014 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
This was EASILY the best episode so far, it had everything: the usual slice-of-life, humor, sadness, drama, AND action; it was perfect.

ALSO I don't think Sid actually died in this episode since that wouldnt line up with the original Soul Eater's events, I think maybe Stein will do the same thing he did to Eternal Feather (just stitch up the wound and maybe even a little "Stein magic"), whereas in Soul Eater when Sid dies again, Stein just says SCREW IT and makes him a zombie.

OR SOMETHING..
Jun 11, 2014 11:19 AM

Apr 2010
So the secret if it was a secret got out to the surprise of Tsugumi.
And things started to go wrong for the last couple of episodes tho one questions still remains.
Who will Tsugumi pick in the end, if she picks one of the girls at all.
I am rooting for Anya.
Jun 11, 2014 11:45 AM

Oct 2011
Pochi's accident
Meme controlled by Shula
Anya forced to leave
Sid's death !!!

POOOOOOOR TSUGUMI !!!!!!! T___________T
Jun 11, 2014 12:03 PM

Sep 2011
Finally!!!! A good episode. and not only did we get a shit tone of plot development we got to see, in action, how Sid became a zombie. in the original series we just got the explanation and one short scene when he wasn't a zombie but we get to see the statue through his head! well as much as they can show of a person getting run through on a girly teeny show. everything was happening so fast that it felt like if the rest of the series up until now where as good as this it might not be considered such a mediocre show.
Jun 11, 2014 12:45 PM

Jun 2008
It's the second time an injured dog has been used as an unnecessary plot element. Do the creators hate dogs or something?

That aside, i really liked this episode.
Jun 11, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
Meme rolling and gliding in her sleep was really hilarious.. I mean who the fuck sleepwalks like that? lol

Very nice episode indeed with many things coming to light. Silly me I just realized Shaula is voiced by Ami Koshimizu (never bothered to check) and man she just sounds so sexy.
Jun 11, 2014 1:02 PM

Dec 2013
Sorry to say this but... how dumb do Anya and Tsugumi have to be exactly?
Your teammate gets indicted for being a spy under a witches control, told that they don't know the extent of the poisoning on her(but that it's some powerful stuff), put under house arrest, and whats the first thing you do when you get a letter telling you that she's lonely? You try to break her out?!?! What the hell is wrong with these two little girls???

And how the heck is it possible that the crazy girl can stab a statue of liberty into Sid Sensei's head, but NOT break down a door?!?!?!?

Even if that door was imbued with some powerful spell that wouldn't allow Meme to open it, why the heck would that latch just miraculously break down when Tsugumi the NOT- Class weapon is used?

None of this seems to make any sense at all....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 11, 2014 2:07 PM

Mar 2013
kurocchi_ said:
Sid isn't actually dead though because �Soul Eater Not!� takes place before �Soul Eater�. He is alive in �Soul Eater�

My theory is that the events of NOT! happen just before/right at the start of Soul Eater which could explain it.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jun 11, 2014 3:11 PM
Jul 2013
OH mY gOd.. O.o
Jun 11, 2014 3:15 PM
Jul 2013
Why Pocchi... Why? :'(
Jun 11, 2014 3:38 PM
Jul 2013
Ok this episode was SUBLIME!
Last post, sorry kkk :D
Jun 11, 2014 5:27 PM

Jun 2008
MoeGod said:
Meme rolling and gliding in her sleep was really hilarious.. I mean who the fuck sleepwalks like that? lol

Meme takes sleepwalking to a whole new level.
Jun 11, 2014 6:09 PM
Mar 2010
L-Ryoshi said:
Sorry to say this but... how dumb do Anya and Tsugumi have to be exactly?
Your teammate gets indicted for being a spy under a witches control, told that they don't know the extent of the poisoning on her(but that it's some powerful stuff), put under house arrest, and whats the first thing you do when you get a letter telling you that she's lonely? You try to break her out?!?! What the hell is wrong with these two little girls???

They weren't trying to break her out, they were trying to break in to see her.

And how the heck is it possible that the crazy girl can stab a statue of liberty into Sid Sensei's head, but NOT break down a door?!?!?!?

She could break down the door, she specifically noted that they saved her the trouble of opening it herself. She simply wasn't ready to make her jailbreak yet.
Jun 11, 2014 6:49 PM

Oct 2012
Meme really got the sleep walking down
Jun 11, 2014 7:38 PM
Jun 2014
KumaKing said:
I'm so confused, Sid was still alive during the beginning of Soul Eater? Wasn't he? Like I just checked and I'm not wrong. So then how does he die in NOT because I thought this was technically a prequel? xD

If you pay attention to the time of day episode 10 takes place its at night. Sid was shown alive during episode 4 during the day. His reported cause of death is consistent with episode 4. And episode 1 - 3 of soul eater are about the main characters which could have taken place at any time before the stat of the series.

Also Naigus was shown without bandages on in one of the episodes of soul eater not. Since sid turns into a zombie i think (and this is just speculation) that naigus dies as well and comes back as a mummy so she can be undead with sid.

Edit: So Soul eater not is part prequel part same time line i guess. maybe well see how naigus dies as well if im corrrect.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

187 by UnholyAsian »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

129 by Jengmaru »»
Aug 30, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

73 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2014

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.