Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 27, 2014 9:38 PM

Aug 2013
killed the best female character? aff
just when I thought I would start exlicar things, only further complicated
really have no idea where this storyline will stop, hopefully improves, because a gloomy mecha anime will always be compared to Evangelion, then at least do something of good quality
May 27, 2014 11:24 PM
Oct 2010
The 180 they did with the MCs attitude was ridiculous. Infact all the characters in this show except for the tomboy and blonde guy are straight up either insane or stupid.
May 27, 2014 11:33 PM

Apr 2013
Psychopath best character. So much feels he produced.
May 28, 2014 12:55 AM
Oct 2013
This episode>> I don't even.......

I didn't believe I'm gonna say this but this is one of the most poorly executed episode at least in this anime.. The sudden Sasame thing is really poorly executed, it's painfully obvious the anime wanted to push her as the main heroine with her sudden assertiveness especially towards Akashi, it also my main problems with this ep and just didn't sit well with me.. The bonding between them throughout this ep really felt superficial..

The most interesting character had to died early also made it worse..

Last but not least, psycho doc with with his loyal subordinate who always listened to him despite protest at first also made me cringe, how many times this had to happened?

I never hate an episode as much as this one..

I still have hope for the anime, though..
niknasrMay 28, 2014 12:58 AM
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
May 28, 2014 2:15 AM

Nov 2010
Emiru haters rejoice for she has finally perished!

Nah, it was actually kind of sad to see her depart so soon, since I thought she would be one of the main characters

Those police officers looked all the same xD
And what's with Sasame's nose with those close ups at times?
May 28, 2014 5:23 AM
Oct 2010
niknasr said:

Last but not least, psycho doc with with his loyal subordinate who always listened to him despite protest at first also made me cringe, how many times this had to happened?

I could give this a pass because stuff like that does happen in RL. I agree with you on the characters though, but I'm surprised no one else is commenting on the MCs complete 180 in attitude. Dude was a dick to this girl (and almost everyone else) since he met her and suddenly wants to kill corpses for her? Wtf? Suddenly acts like he cares about her? wtf?

Everyone was so left field it was ridiculous. Then we have MR terror going ballistic about needing more terror (wtf does that even mean) and is straight up going through every emotion he can like some sort of bi-polar psychopath. The long and short of this is they are trying too hard to be edgy, and it's coming off as stupid.
May 28, 2014 5:55 AM

Mar 2014
juvemema said:
MInashi is a mysterious guy and I think like you mentioned he did seem to interupt Emiru and Akashi's previous convo. Sasame was also with him. I think these 2 are the most suspicious of the group and they don't seem to have the best interest of the group even though they seem all nice etc.

Honestly, I don't suspect Sasame at present. Although She seems to know something that the other COD don't know and she is similar to Tsugumi, every conversations and eye contact between her and Minashi was started by him. I feel that he is leading her into doing something as he wants.

scruffykiwi said:
Oh .. that's an interesting idea! That would mean that the Argent that Broody MC controls is from his dead brother??

Of course, I think so. I don't know whether my idea will be true or not. But, at least, the intention of the script makes viewers think so until now.

1. The voice of the Argent was same as the voice of Aoshi, Akashi's old brother. At least, those were very very really similar. (I checked the scene that Akashi rode on the Argent in the first)
2. Kasane's reaction. Kasane denied Akashi's suspicion that the Agent had killed someone in the past. She was loving and trusting Aoshi.
3. The strange affinity between Akashi and the Argent.

If so, the other question would happen. It is, why did Akashi see the bloody image in it?

(1) Akashi's misunderstanding.
(2) Aoshi's blood itself.
(3) Aoshi was related to the death of their parents.
(4) Someone rode on the Argent before.

At present, (4) is out of the story. As for (3), their parents were said that they had died in an accident of Labo. I hope (3) will become true. Aha. It would be more interesting and more dark. And the script would be able to link Akashi's hatred against Aoshi into (3). Of course, now it is the time to wait for the answer unhurriedly.
May 28, 2014 6:21 AM

Oct 2013
(For some reason I previously posted this in the ep 5 discussion -_- silly me)

Anyway,I'm not really buying Emiru's death. Not until I see either:

- her corpse
- her missing for a few episode,say for about um...2 more
- her being removed from the OP & ED(and yea,I know this is a stupid fact to decide whether a character is dead or not but we all know it often works so what can you do?)

But yea,it'd be a really stupid move on the show's part to get rid of one of it's most interesting characters so early.

I've been weary of your shows as of late Okada but deep down,I'm still hoping you'll prove me wrong,especially since I think M3 has been getting progressively better. So don't do it,don't kill off Emiru,don't be stupid.
May 28, 2014 6:23 AM

May 2012
dmrch said:
juvemema said:
MInashi is a mysterious guy and I think like you mentioned he did seem to interupt Emiru and Akashi's previous convo. Sasame was also with him. I think these 2 are the most suspicious of the group and they don't seem to have the best interest of the group even though they seem all nice etc.

Honestly, I don't suspect Sasame at present. Although She seems to know something that the other COD don't know and she is similar to Tsugumi, every conversations and eye contact between her and Minashi was started by him. I feel that he is leading her into doing something as he wants.

scruffykiwi said:
Oh .. that's an interesting idea! That would mean that the Argent that Broody MC controls is from his dead brother??

Of course, I think so. I don't know whether my idea will be true or not. But, at least, the intention of the script makes viewers think so until now.

1. The voice of the Argent was same as the voice of Aoshi, Akashi's old brother. At least, those were very very really similar. (I checked the scene that Akashi rode on the Argent in the first)
2. Kasane's reaction. Kasane denied Akashi's suspicion that the Agent had killed someone in the past. She was loving and trusting Aoshi.

If so, the other question would happen. It is, why did Akashi see the bloody image in it?

At present, (4) is out of the story. As for (3), their parents were said that they had died in an accident of Labo. I hope (3) will become true. Aha. It would be more interesting and more dark. And the script would be able to link Akashi's hatred against Aoshi into (3). Of course, now it is the time to wait for the answer unhurriedly.

Interesting point there and one more long awaited weeks -______- huhu

Question :

Is it just me or it seems that Sasame looks horny towards tsugumi ? xD
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

May 28, 2014 7:18 AM
Jan 2012
nyancat2506 said:
dmrch said:
juvemema said:

scruffykiwi said:

Interesting point there and one more long awaited weeks -______- huhu

Question :

Is it just me or it seems that Sasame looks horny towards tsugumi ? xD

I thought it was a weird reaction as well. First I thought maybe she is crying but it doesn't look like it. The troll would be in the 2 character(kids) kissing in the OP are actually Tsugumi and Sasame :P

They are definitely related in some way though. Sisters/twins/same person, I want to know about the kids past already. Atleast we can see some Emiru in that.
May 28, 2014 7:23 AM

May 2012
juvemema said:

I thought it was a weird reaction as well. First I thought maybe she is crying but it doesn't look like it. The troll would be in the 2 character(kids) kissing in the OP are actually Tsugumi and Sasame :P

I approve that hahaha

p/s or sasame might just obsessed over tsugumi so much that she wanted to be her :x
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”

May 28, 2014 9:00 AM

Jun 2013
2 things are obvious:

1- This isn't the last we will be seeing of Emiru
2- Unit-01 goes berserk when Rei is in danger the pilot gets mad enough.

Why is the slutty character always the "best girl"? I notice people saying this in like every anime.

The slutty one should never be "best girl".
May 28, 2014 11:11 AM
Aug 2012
ex_necross said:

Why is the slutty character always the "best girl"? I notice people saying this in like every anime.

Well...

You are right, she is not the 'best girl', but she is the most interesting one; at least to me.'

She is a bitch and she is a slut, and she is so awkward it makes you literally hurl your guts out. I'd like to know what kind of drop did she suffer as an infant to figure out that it was a good idea to act like that? Her real personality is that of a bitch, and her persona is the one of a slut, and those kind of characters kind of intrigue me and I want to know more and see them change.

Following this logic the other character I am intrigued by is the MC's chilled out friend, as the one's who act the most carefree usually deal with the most demons. . . In some cases at least, but they haven't given him enough story exposition yet for me to actually give a damn.

The other characters are so boring I can't be arsed watching. Typical psychopath, awkward shadow-corner sitting girl, pure-girl snoozefest, mysterious childish nonsense boy, typical tomboy, and then there's the brooding boredom that is the MC.

The chilled MC's friend would be the only reason for me to bother watching this on a week-by-week basis by this point, unfortunately I am not going to until all 24 episodes are out, then I can watch it all in one sitting.
May 28, 2014 11:12 AM
Aug 2011
ex_necross said:

Probably because the slutty character invokes the most emotion even if it's the hateful kind.
Personally for me there is no best girl yet or best anybody for that matter.
In which I understand why people have been dropping this series.
May 28, 2014 11:42 AM
Apr 2014
ex_necross said:
2 things are obvious:

1- This isn't the last we will be seeing of Emiru
2- Unit-01 goes berserk when Rei is in danger the pilot gets mad enough.

I don't really understand what you mean by 'slutty character'. Emiru was pretty much bullied as a child and the only reason her relatives took her in was the 'government like stipend' money related for her care. Then her body matured and she realized people were paying attention to her. But even then it's not like she was making any money. She was cleaning toilets in episode one!

As for throwing herself at Akashi I think originally she was subconsciously drawn to him. Later she developed feelings for him... if this could have went anyway, Sasame quickly shows up.

Akashi is strange anyway, while I don't know about the characters childhoods much clearly he was with (possibly bonded) to Emiru. Sasame and Minashi definitely know more than they are letting on. Besides that Minashi's.detached persona is really suspect. NOTHING seems to bother him while the death (supposed) should have at least left him shaking.

Aside from that the show really seems like it's trying to push Sasame and Akashj. But the way the way the show shoves it in your face isn't natural at all and at best is a huge pairing turn off.
May 28, 2014 1:55 PM

Dec 2011
So they managed to retrieve her and her mecha huh.

LOL, Heito was crying...

I bet it's a lie that she passed away.

Ohooo, a corpse appeared.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 28, 2014 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
So underrated. Should be in the 7s at least.

Still not sure what I would end up rating this show yet. Seems like it can get up to an 8 as long as everything is explained by the end. But there's a couple of blatant flaws. One being that they keep on forcing the white haired antagonist guy to act crazy. A good psychopathic character should give more creepy vibes not like this guy or Hamatora's villain.

Surprised that they killed a char so early in the series. Emiru gave off major Asuka (NGE) vibes and I felt like she would be in the show for a longer time... Even SSY wasn't that harsh (excluding that girl from the first episode)
MayukaMay 28, 2014 2:16 PM
May 28, 2014 3:10 PM

Oct 2013
mayukachan said:

Even SSY wasn't that harsh (excluding that girl from the first episode).

Whoops! Thx for the reminder!

Well...
...But SSY still had a lot more going for it than M3 so it could afford to do that I guess. Which is why it'd be REALLY STUPID to kill off Emiru - at least this soon,although it'd be preferred if she won't be killed or transformed into god-knows-what at all.

Besides the very legit reasons that others stated,it might also be because the pure girl that usually take's the spotlight tend's to be either boring or at worst,even annoying. I personally don't mind "pure" girls unless they're so pure that it's sickening and annoying. I want to see a human being,not an angel. It just so happens that the more ambitious girl(I hate calling them slutty) tend's to be the more interesting one,assuming she has a good reason to be like that and Emiru definitely does.
ManlyTearMay 29, 2014 6:20 AM
May 28, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2012
^ Hushhhh spoiler tags NEEDED :O SSY is a lot better even if we just compare m3's episodes and the first six of SSY. I'm not quite sure why they had to kill her off this early, so we'll just wait and see. I do like that her death is making the other characters change.
May 28, 2014 4:08 PM

Apr 2013
One of the things that makes this show even more frustrating is the fact that Okada is capable of writing much better characters than this, but with both this and Wixoss she doesn't even appear to be trying. This show even has one of my least favorite anime archetypes; clearly evil scientist guy that's always smirking and talking with mirth in his voice during serious situations. We're six episodes in, practically nothing has happened and, aside from Emiru, there've been no real traces of character development.
May 28, 2014 4:35 PM

Nov 2013
Ugh, the only character I liked.
May 29, 2014 5:13 AM

Sep 2012
This show reminds me of Guilty Crown, but with a worse main cast of characters.

Which is saying a lot.
May 29, 2014 8:09 PM

Jun 2013
juvemema said:
I really do wonder what the corpse wanted with emiru. Regardless, the corpse seems to collect souls that are about to die after they turn into admonition.

Infact the corpse seems to be doing the job of he reaper/shinigami than akashi and his argent.

Question - isn't it the thoughts of dead people that turn people into admonition? Then if Emiru's wish about defeating the corpse is strong enough, couldn't that black stuff be attached to another main character with similar mind set?

^ I believe you win. My thoughts exactly.
May 30, 2014 5:05 PM

Mar 2013
So, Emiru is gone? I feel kinda relieved.
May 30, 2014 9:05 PM

Sep 2013
Getting the feeling that the Corpse came for Emiru but then she died, that's why the Corpse left suddenly. Poor Emiru :(

May 31, 2014 12:18 AM
May 2014
Don't really mind that she died though she's a much better Love Interest than Sasame Izuriha.

Bothersome that Iwato Namito and Raika Kasumi don't get as much screen time, and it seems they paired off rather easily in early episodes which was unexpected. Seems like a death sentence for one or even both characters.
Jun 1, 2014 2:33 AM
Feb 2014
What. The. F*ck...

Emiru's dead???

Dammit... I really liked her character bcos of the previous episode...

Overall, it was an okay episode... I still think it was better than the first 3 episodes. At least aspects of the story r moving along. I'm okay with everything so far except Heito... I dont mind if he's crazy, but his 'I love terror' act is getting annoying, esp in this episode...

Still a lot unexplained, but I'm fine with it as long as everything important is explained later on...tho, if nothing's explained in later episodes, then this is shit...

OH, also dont want Sasame to b the heroine, even though it seems like that'll b the case... well, at least not yet... if they wanna ship MC and Sasame, I hope they have them have more meaningful interactions first... cos that one conversation they had this episode felt shallow...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jun 1, 2014 1:17 PM

Oct 2009
Dam......didn't expect Emiru to die and just when I was starting to like her :(
Jun 2, 2014 2:16 PM
Sep 2013
I doubt that Emiru is dead. At this point, its still uncertain whether she's the main heroine of not but, regardless, I still seriously doubt she's dead, at least not for good. 99.99% chance that she ain't dead. We haven't even heard her story yet and how she got that thing on stomach.

Whether Sasame is the main heroine or not will depend on how she's connected with the Corpse girl. At this point, I would say the Corpse girl is the main heroine, however, she and the plot is still shrouded in so much mystery and there are still 20 more episodes left to go, that there are plenty of room for twists and developments. It may even turn out that its Emiru who's connected with the Corpse girl, who knows. After all, she did "die."

Edit:
So Corpse girl has an official name huh? She's still such a mystery though, I'll still call her Corpse girl til the show itself reveals it.

I gotta laugh at the people thinking that the two people kissing in the OP are Sasame and the Corpse girl though, trying to get rid of your waifu's two main rivals in one go huh? Though its technically not impossible, I wouldn't give my hopes up if I were you, even in the chance that the guy isn't Akashi. I mean seriously, how disillusioned do you have to be? One of them is clearly a male, or at least made out to look like extremely like a male. Regardless, we have no reason to believe it isn't male.
MrNTRJun 2, 2014 2:45 PM
Jun 3, 2014 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
ollythirteen said:
I might re-drop this show again lol not out of spite because Emiru is dead (if she is) but because...well, there isn't anyone left to entertain me here. She literally turned the show around for me. Every other character is literally a fucking TROPE!

We have (Because I don't remember their names):

The cowardly introvert chick with dark fantasies
The Tough Chick Leader Type Who is Athletic
The Brooding MC
The Brooding MC's chilled out friend (complete with head band)
The Brooding MC's Pure Love Interest WHo Also Happens to Be Uninteresting (like Manaka from Nagi no Asukara and the main chick from Ano Hana)
The Quiet and Friendly Guy Who Seems to Know A Lot (just like Kaname from Nagi no Asukara)
And just for spice the Psychopath.

Even Emiru herself was a trope, but her reason for being made you identify with her. Not only that, her individual relationships with most of the characters (Psychopath, MC, coward chick and even MC's love interest mainly) and the resulting contrast of personalities ACTUALLY MADE SAID CHARACTERS A LITTLE MORE INTERESTING! (Just last week interesting things were being said about the relationship between her and MC and now this episode the MC is back to being simply the MC).

Without Emiru now the "team" is back to being just a bunch of strangers brought together to fight monsters.

What the fuck?

I couldn't have said it any better. THANK YOU saves many of us the trouble of writing something similar. I totally agree. I love WIXOSS so damn much. But this show is just..

Horrible.

They should've just killed off Sasame instead of Emiru. I never really hated a pro-mc character before but Sasame is just straight unforgivable. Ever since she appeared.. it just ruined the show. She stole everything from Emiru, especially MC. No wonder they killed Emiru off cause she was probably "getting in the way" of MC <3 Sasame

And when I thought the characters were already boring, plain, dry, bland, uninteresting enough they throw in the of "Queen of them" Sasame some more.
Jun 3, 2014 10:09 PM

Aug 2013
mayukachan said:
So underrated. Should be in the 7s at least.

Still not sure what I would end up rating this show yet. Seems like it can get up to an 8 as long as everything is explained by the end. But there's a couple of blatant flaws. One being that they keep on forcing the white haired antagonist guy to act crazy. A good psychopathic character should give more creepy vibes not like this guy or Hamatora's villain.

Surprised that they killed a char so early in the series. Emiru gave off major Asuka (NGE) vibes and I felt like she would be in the show for a longer time... Even SSY wasn't that harsh (excluding that girl from the first episode)

Ughh oh man Shinsekai. That show was an uncomfortable feels trip with such a dramatic and addicting story. Damn so much depressingly sad shit happened in that show thanks for reminding me lol.

That being said, there are definitely similarities between the 2 shows story suspense wise, but personally I think that Shinsekai was on a totally different level than this show.
Jun 6, 2014 9:05 AM
Jun 2012
Wait wait wait....i'm the only one who doesn't like Emiru?? I sort of like Heito...I must be twisted...
Jun 6, 2014 11:52 PM

May 2012
JulietTalyor said:
Wait wait wait....i'm the only one who doesn't like Emiru?? I sort of like Heito...I must be twisted...

dont worry, i dont hate heito anyway, considering many people hate him that means his VA doing a good job making people hating him. Emiru is everyone fav because shes the only one apart from other character that had character development, which is very important to any kind anime, and despite that shes the trigger of everyone else characters. I think it depends someone, but i like character that fight fo the will and Emiru did.

Jul 6, 2014 5:00 PM

Feb 2013
Good "WTF" episode. Emiru really dead this time?

Sucks that they seem to stop every time it starts gettin' good.
Jul 14, 2014 10:26 PM

Dec 2012
did they really killed off my favorite girl, emiru?!!! D: i have to put this on hold. dont really like sasame as the heroine, she's a meh, plain character. plot was so far just okay, not really hooked, i kept up with it because of emiru. i'll wait for review and decide whether to resume watching or not
Jul 16, 2014 12:15 PM

Apr 2012
oh no they killed the interesting girl
Sep 22, 2014 3:16 AM

Jun 2008
parfaited said:
Why Sasame though she's like a sleeping pill in human form.
She's the snoozefest type of character Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

That is pretty much the opinion most have here and i agree with it.
They went and killed the most interesting character that just kept the show going for a damn sleeping pill.
Oct 23, 2014 10:12 PM
Oct 2011
Sigh... shouldn't have started watching this. The setting and cast are both ohmygodsofuckingawful that I just can't get over them even if the story itself is not that bad.

Basically this is the situation I'm in:
average story + story driven = don't feel like dropping
bad cast + bad setting + 24eps = fucking mental damage
Doesn't matter do I drop or watch, I will still regret it. :(
Aug 10, 2015 12:37 PM

Aug 2015
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Emiru!! :(
Jun 15, 2016 7:58 AM

Feb 2016
Too bad akashi couldn't get himself to understand emiru at the end. The fight continues and with it also that mystery around those dark robots still exists.
Sep 4, 2017 7:00 PM

Feb 2017
It cant be! Emiru pls no
Dec 19, 2018 4:19 PM

Aug 2007
I'm going to say that the Lightless Realm will be a huge factor in determining if Emiru is indeed dead. But even if she comes back, I have a feeling she will be gone for a while?

There is a small spark of reactions from the characters that *could* turn into interesting development, but five episodes in and I'm still floundering on finding a character to really connect with :/

Jan 27, 2019 5:13 PM

Mar 2018
Oh great, the only character I liked is dead while that psycho is still alive.

I feel nothing for the rest of cast.
Jul 29, 2023 12:20 AM

Dec 2022
Emiru will no doubt be revived by the Necrometal infection eventually, though obviously not in the same form as she previously had. Even an initial death won't deliver her from suffering, I believe.

M3 just gets better and more gripping with every episode.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2014

76 by Erdgeist »»
Mar 21, 8:23 PM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2014

45 by Phobossus »»
Mar 17, 7:41 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

27 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

25 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2014

25 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.