Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Does anyone else think that TeamFourStar's Dragon Ball Z Abridged series isn't funny? Why?

New
May 18, 2014 9:15 AM
Oct 2013
Now before I finish this question, I'm not bashing on them at all. I actually watch their series when I'm bored and they put in a lot of hard work for not being a big company full of professionals. Not to mention they don't live close to each other.

Everywhere I go, I see everyone talking about TFS like they're the funniest thing on the planet and I'm trying to comprehend. Is it because they're the only ones that work so hard on a parody?

What if there was another group that put in just as much work? Would they still be talked about as much. Of course I know that it depends on how funny the new group would be.

Maybe it's just not my kind of humor. They have reoccurring and clever jokes that have reference points from earlier parts of the series but they just aren't funny to me.

The ones that I found the funniest (not that I was busting a gut laughing then either) are from the saiyan saga. Their new ones now just aren't funny at all. Maybe because these new ones are too slow paced in comparison to the old ones. Or maybe because they just have other things goin on and are very busy so the quality dropped.

Well slow or fast past, I don't laugh much. I do get entertained a little though which is why I watch them. I do have moments where they make me smile.

Let me put it into perspective. It's like how Millions think that people like Dane Cook, Larry the Cable Guy and Carlos Mencia are really funny.

Is this just not my type of humor? Do you agree? Do you disagree? Why?

Again, I'm not bashing, I know they work hard. I'm just expressing my opinion.

So please anyone that gets offended and rushes to defend, please realize I mean no harm. I'm just trying to get a good understanding and a different view and perspective.

Thank you.
May 18, 2014 9:17 AM
Feb 2014
Most abridged series aren't too great in general unless the show is hated by me.
May 18, 2014 9:17 AM

Nov 2013
It's just not your kind of humor. There are moments where it's pretty bad, but I've gotten a good amount of chuckles out of them. To each their own though.
May 18, 2014 9:22 AM

Feb 2012
Comedy is very subjective so if it's just not your thing, it's just not your thing. I don't think they're amazing, but I do find them pretty funny myself. I have found the recent ones lacking a bit though and I think it's because they have slowed down the pace so much and are practically just covering the plot at this point instead of focusing on good jokes.
May 18, 2014 9:24 AM

Jul 2011
TFS abrudged series to me is funny as hell. Thats it.
May 18, 2014 9:24 AM

Aug 2012
It's just not your kind of humor. TFS does put out quality episodes, but if comedy through references, parodies, and in-jokes is not your thing then there's no reason to watch it.

Very few abridged series are of such good quality though. If you don't like it, then maybe abridged series in general just aren't for you. Don't force yourself to watch them.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
May 18, 2014 9:30 AM
Oct 2013
gamer2710 said:
It's just not your kind of humor. TFS does put out quality episodes, but if comedy through references, parodies, and in-jokes is not your thing then there's no reason to watch it.

Oh sorry. When I was talking about referencing and in jokes, I wasn't saying that kind of humor isn't funny, I was saying their's wasn't that funny to me.
May 18, 2014 9:37 AM
Dec 2013
No, I think it's hilarious, but I don't like their decision of abridging some filler episodes of DBZ, like Trouble on Arlia and the Fake Namek episodes. Yet they decided to completely skip on abridging the Garlic Jr. saga

I guess parody is not your type of humour.
May 18, 2014 9:45 AM
Oct 2013
JumpinJackFlash said:

Actually I like Parodies. It's just that theirs is a hit and miss with me is all.
May 19, 2014 4:30 PM
Jan 2013
IMO, their the best abridging group I've seen. The Yugioh Abridged series is funny too but its done by one guy so it barely updates.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2014 7:47 PM

Jan 2011
Moved from general Anime Discussion
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 2, 2015 10:19 PM
May 2014
JumpinJC said:
No, I think it's hilarious, but I don't like their decision of abridging some filler episodes of DBZ, like Trouble on Arlia and the Fake Namek episodes. Yet they decided to completely skip on abridging the Garlic Jr. saga

Totally not true at all, they had a Dead Zone episode also, but they just made Garlic Jr. so weak that Popo dealt with him in about 60 seconds.
How fitting (or depressing I haven't decided) for my 100th post to be about me complaining about dicks who review shows without finishing them.
May 30, 2017 6:58 AM

May 2017
'Is this just not my type of humor? Do you agree? Do you disagree? Why?'

I do.

You can understand that humor is a very, very, very etc. subjective matter and there is no 'universal funny thing' or 'universal not funny thing'. Something that amuses me may bore or disturb you and vice-versa.

It's understandable that some episodes of DBZ Abridged might not get to you. For me, well, some parts don't stand out but, as a whole, this shit really makes me laugh out loud. And by that I don't mean a chuckle or a mere giggle. But then again, telling you that I find it funny won't make you enjoy it less or more. You know what they say, you can't force somebody to love you.
The mindfucker.
Mar 29, 2018 7:46 AM
Jul 2017
honestly all abrdiged series are shit
none are funny and the obnoxious voice actign does not help

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 122 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Oct 11, 2010

27 by GeoRush »»
Yesterday, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 117 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 13, 2013

17 by GeoRush »»
Apr 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 12 Discussion

Yokurama - Feb 13, 2008

15 by Dumb »»
Apr 24, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 291 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 27, 2008

46 by satyabrata900 »»
Apr 21, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 230 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 19, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.