Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 14, 2014 11:21 AM

Nov 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Caleb8980 said:
Oh kk the n rule is something new for me ^^

Well we play the game a little bit different in general so I guess that is just normal ;-)

The reason is that there are no japanese words that start with "n" (as oppose to na, ni, nu, ne, and no), so you end up losing by default.

BTW do you have any idea who Sora thought Jibili sounded like?

This is a WAG, but there was someone in Great Teacher Onizuka who used Engrish when he was excited. I could be wrong.

Wait...Jibili?
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
May 14, 2014 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
Yet another Laputa reference! I am never getting tired of those!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
May 14, 2014 11:27 AM
Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Caleb8980 said:
Oh kk the n rule is something new for me ^^

Well we play the game a little bit different in general so I guess that is just normal ;-)

The reason is that there are no japanese words that start with "n" (as oppose to na, ni, nu, ne, and no), so you end up losing by default.

BTW do you have any idea who Sora thought Jibili sounded like?

Ah now that you mention it, I heard that some time ago but totally couldn't put 2 and 2 together...

And sry I don't know that, I guess I would remember such a way of speaking if it was in an anime I have watched; if it was part of an anime at all...
May 14, 2014 11:33 AM

Mar 2012
You just cannot be wrong with Jibril.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 14, 2014 11:36 AM

Mar 2012
Man this series just continues to overload me with fun and excitement i almost exploded just as the hydrogen bomb in the beginning lol.

Yes Sora Knowledge is power and this episode just proved it even more.
May 14, 2014 11:41 AM
Feb 2014
Ah and as I watched parts of the episode again I saw a little roundabout way of saying that you can't kill a player directly by what you say.
Right before they start, at 09:00, Jibril says that you can't directly cause a player to die; hence when you e. g. say oxygen, the oxygen in your body doesn't disappear.

EDIT: I say roundabout because in the novel this was explained better, as Jibril there said that e. g. saying water won't cause the water in your body to disappear.
Caleb8980May 14, 2014 11:45 AM
May 14, 2014 11:53 AM
Feb 2013
Sibling kiss, too bad for Stephanie that she has to endure all kinds of humilations
May 14, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 2014
zephiris said:
Alot of interesting science, tho overlooking everything else that's wrong with their world's physics... If he removed coulomb force, wouldn't it be considered a double suicide ending? Since before the hypernova and all that pretty explosion... wouldn't their body collapse into themselves first because of the lack of a counter-force?
So that'd mean a draw with a smarter gabriel right? XD

To answer your question:

Caleb8980 said:
Ah and as I watched parts of the episode again I saw a little roundabout way of saying that you can't kill a player directly by what you say.
Right before they start, at 09:00, Jibril says that you can't directly cause a player to die; hence when you e. g. say oxygen, the oxygen in your body doesn't disappear.

EDIT: I say roundabout because in the novel this was explained better, as Jibril there said that e. g. saying water won't cause the water in your body to disappear.

MADHOUSE knows how to animate epicness, beginning with H touch, to H-Bomb and finally, a supernova!
May 14, 2014 12:05 PM

Jan 2012
That was a pretty cool game xD
Liked the ending :p Also glad the game finished in this episode oO Didn't want to wait till the next ep to know the continuation
May 14, 2014 12:06 PM

Apr 2014
this anime is pure awesome

i started watching this just yesterday and thank god i did

and at the end that skyrim reference was pure awesome
May 14, 2014 12:08 PM

Feb 2014
Teepo13 said:
WTH is this no Nipples xD

I believe Sora said a word that got rid of all the girls' private parts (including nipples) before they lost their clothes.
May 14, 2014 12:09 PM

Mar 2012
Teepo13 said:
Because sora make it dissapear. Look at 11:27.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 14, 2014 12:14 PM
Mar 2014
Love this show. It's not just comedy, but smart comedy. Smart both in the sense it requires thinking on the viewer's part and the writer's method of using comedy.

My two favorite things put together. Completely sold now.
May 14, 2014 12:15 PM

Jan 2014
That has got to be the best episode so far! So intense :O
I'm loss for words... It was just A m a z i n g.

I'm really tempted to draw something with those cross eyes, generally I really like Jibril's apperance.
CandyFaceMay 14, 2014 12:19 PM
May 14, 2014 12:15 PM

May 2008
Seriously an excellent episode :D So very well executed that I'm still left in awe at this xD By far the most interesting game, and probably the best episode of anime that I've seen this year!

Too bad that it's only eight episodes to go, I think I just got into the hype for this series :)
May 14, 2014 12:21 PM

Jan 2014
"I used to be a gamer like you.Then i took an arrow in the knee..." (Skyrim Reference)

Wow.This episode was perfect.Just this episode is enough for me to keep the score of this anime 10/10...Games are so fun and creative just like i hoped after watching first episode...

Seriously someone should open a thread just to explain the references in the anime :I.it would be much more useful than a thread asking why this anime has high score...
LoneWizzyMay 14, 2014 12:24 PM

Feb 2014
"I used to be a gamer like you... Then i took an arrow to the knee." Lines like this is why this will probably be AOTS
Around and around the cycle goes.
Jun 2010
NeoAnkara said:
Teepo13 said:
Because sora make it dissapear. Look at 11:27.

Yup, nether region which is slang for the groin or sexual area of both male and female.
May 14, 2014 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
Loved it, but there's one issue I have. When Coulomb's force was removed, how could Sora know that Jibril would die first? Did Sora take a 50/50 bet? That's unlike him.
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, halp D:
May 14, 2014 12:33 PM
Oct 2012
MasterF998 said:
Loved it, but there's one issue I have. When Coulomb's force was removed, how could Sora know that Jibril would die first? Did Sora take a 50/50 bet? That's unlike him.

She was closer to the core so when it exploded she would have died one nanosecond before the siblings.
May 14, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2009
MasterF998 said:

The reason they ran up the temple stairs was to get to a higher elevation than Jibril, so that when they removed the lithosphere she would be the first in line to the core of the planet.

This is extended to the removal of the coulomb force, where she is now closer to the hypernova than them, and thus would die first.
May 14, 2014 12:38 PM
Feb 2014
MasterF998 said:

I already explained that in an earlier post but no prob I'll do it once again:

The moment Sora said Columb force the core of the Earth imploded and would to say it easy then form a black hole. For the black hole the gravity is so huge that the moment you would get into its gravity field you would become spaghetti, so to be blund you would die.

Problem was: Because Sora and Shiro ran up the temple before making the Lithosphere disappear they were several meters above Jibril. That meant she would be the first to get into the gravitational field of the black hole hence she died first.

BTW it was not the explosion that killed them :D they were dead way before that.
May 14, 2014 12:38 PM

Feb 2013
Best episode of the season by far, incredible.
May 14, 2014 12:41 PM

Dec 2009
My god. I was so freaking shivering and giddy over this episode. Its my favorite game in this entire series. The first move, so freaking crazy, Sora WENT GANDHI RIGHT AWAY LOOOOLLLLLL!!!!

Sheesh, so freaking good animated. So perfect in its visual cues and demonstration. The execution. XD

Damn Jibril is definitely my spirit angel. I'm drooling over this episode.

Perfect. Just a perfect episode.
May 14, 2014 12:44 PM

Jun 2010
Holy... This is fucking epic.

I don't even know what to say. Perfect indeed.
May 14, 2014 12:45 PM

Aug 2013
This is some seriously good stuff

May 14, 2014 12:51 PM

Mar 2013
well that was better than the last few episodes have been.
May 14, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2010
Woah.That was so damn good and intense.Such a shame this is not going to be 2 cour show...so much potential and awesomeness.
May 14, 2014 12:56 PM

Oct 2012
This week was probably my favorite episode, I was laughing pretty much the entire way through and even learnt a thing or two.
May 14, 2014 12:59 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty much like in the LNs, but he had predicted out another 20 alternatives just in case she didn't say weak.

That means, Great.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

May 14, 2014 1:01 PM

Jun 2009
LazyLuong said:

Yup, nether region which is slang for the groin or sexual area of both male and female.

Technically manko, the censored Japanese word in the anime, refers to female genitalia.
May 14, 2014 1:03 PM

Mar 2011
So many big words I didn't understand xD
No nipples. Why, Sora...whyyy? Why you did that!
Looking forward to the next episode~
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
May 14, 2014 1:05 PM

Mar 2012
rawrrNutella said:
So many big words I didn't understand xD
No nipples. Why, Sora...whyyy? Why you did that!
Looking forward to the next episode~
Because he care about age ratting. It will be R+ with nipples.
May 14, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was so awesome. I can't understand a thing about games, but hell, I will watch it and watch it and watch it one more time, just because it looks so awesome. Also, fuck you Sora for saying Nether Regions. You are still awesome though.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 14, 2014 1:07 PM
May 2011
I don't understand all the ultra-positive reactions. Clearly, the episode was fun, entertaining (minus too much fan service) and definitely epic (though I thought it wasn't that well executed, probably because the context and the animation are not as epic-friendly as in KLK or TTGL), but once again, the players' strategies were not that smart (Sure, you show off with your -basic - knowledge of pressure, atomic physics, fundamental interactions and hypernovae, but doesn't everyone know this? Not that it was bad, the idea of using the lack of knowledge of the opponent was good, but I'm just saying here that it wasn't as mind-blowing as most people here make it to be).
I'd give it a good 3.5/5 but I don't understand the 95% of 5's.
May 14, 2014 1:14 PM

Dec 2011
Jibril is such an annoying character. She should have died permanently. Her addiction for knowledge was not funny at all.

Where he said "oxygen", he should have died. Breathing before he says oxygen should have made no difference, as the oxygen inside his lungs too would disappear? Their lungs should have collapsed, and since Jibril was run on magic circuits, she would probably live?

Why is there so much crappy fanservice -___-
May 14, 2014 1:14 PM

Aug 2012
I thought this series was gonna be a 24 episodes, I don't think I can settle for only 13 episodes now...
I've heard that the games later on get even better compared to this one, and if you take how good this episode was, just think what will happen.

Hopefully this gets the second season that it deserves
DeliciousPastryMay 14, 2014 1:27 PM
-The blade of the forefather who introduced the spirit of the roundabout-
May 14, 2014 1:15 PM

Oct 2007
elfos said:
I don't understand all the ultra-positive reactions. Clearly, the episode was fun, entertaining (minus too much fan service) and definitely epic (though I thought it wasn't that well executed, probably because the context and the animation are not as epic-friendly as in KLK or TTGL), but once again, the players' strategies were not that smart (Sure, you show off with your -basic - knowledge of pressure, atomic physics, fundamental interactions and hypernovae, but doesn't everyone know this? Not that it was bad, the idea of using the lack of knowledge of the opponent was good, but I'm just saying here that it wasn't as mind-blowing as most people here make it to be).
I'd give it a good 3.5/5 but I don't understand the 95% of 5's.

Every so often there's a show where the forums just explode in hyperbole about either how great it is or how absolutely shit it is and it's always shows that are themselves over the top and seemingly a total toss up on whether people just shit all over it or put it on a pedestal. Personally I don't even think it's the community reaction is entirely about the show anymore at this point so much as a community hype thing and that this show has more become a rallying point. There's some amusing stuff in here but like...yeah it's just sort of a weekly over the top positive reaction with this show at this point.
May 14, 2014 1:16 PM

Mar 2014
Robin6128 said:
Jibril is such an annoying character. She should have died permanently. Her addiction for knowledge was not funny at all.

Where he said "oxygen", he should have died. Breathing before he says oxygen should have made no difference, as the oxygen inside his lungs too would disappear? Their lungs should have collapsed, and since Jibril was run on magic circuits, she would probably live?

You're forgetting that air is only composed of 21% oxygen, so when they said "Oxygen", there was still the remaining components of air inside their lungs.

Sold on this show. Needs second season.
May 14, 2014 1:18 PM

Dec 2011
FireKiller87 said:
You're forgetting that air is only composed of 21% oxygen, so when they said "Oxygen", there was still the remaining components of air inside their lungs.

What, and you are able to respire with nitrogen?
May 14, 2014 1:19 PM

Jul 2013
Jibril is awesome. Oh and we get a kiss too, that was unexpected.

Seems like Steph will be stuck as a dog for the rest of her life XD.
May 14, 2014 1:19 PM

Mar 2012
Robin6128 said:

"Technically, it is impossible for any direct interference that causes the other party to be unable to continue the game."

"So no direct interference would happen to the players ?"

"Yes."

LN volume 2 chapter 2 part 4.
May 14, 2014 1:21 PM

Dec 2011
NeoAnkara said:

"Yes."

So explain to me how they survived?
Did they start sniffing their asscracks for oxygen or something?
May 14, 2014 1:22 PM
Feb 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Robin6128 said:

"Technically, it is impossible for any direct interference that causes the other party to be unable to continue the game."

"Yes."

Not only there: 09:00 Jibril: You can't directly cause a player to die means the same.

Robin6128 said:
NeoAnkara said:

"Yes."

So explain to me how they survived?

Because the game doesn't interfere with them if they would die because of that, the oxygen in their lungs and blood doesn't disappear

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
julyanMay 15, 2014 4:30 AM
May 14, 2014 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
very interesting episode
ecchi scenes, comical and even kiss
Jibril's character was a very difficult opponent
but the brothers won one more, already poor Steph has no easy life in anime
I cheer for her to get along from time to time also
May 14, 2014 1:24 PM

Dec 2011
Caleb8980 said:

Because the game doesn't interfere with them if they would die because of that, the oxygen in their lungs and blood doesn't disappear

So would the hypernova be regarded as interference?
May 14, 2014 1:24 PM
Mar 2014
Robin6128 raises a fair point, but let's just assume the air inside their lungs remains untouched, similarly to how saying "oxygen" didn't remove the elemental oxygen from their bodies (thus instantly killing them, as we all know what the "O" stands for in H2O).

Indirect interference is okay, you just can't say stuff like "brains" and kill the opponent and yourself instantly that way.
dirtyuncleMay 14, 2014 1:28 PM
May 14, 2014 1:25 PM
May 2011
Robin6128 said:
FireKiller87 said:

What, and you are able to respire with nitrogen?

I think he meant that your lungs won't collapse from it. Clearly you still won't have any oxygen though and won't be able to respire.

NeoAnkara said:
Robin6128 said:

"Yes."

They were clearly several occurrences of direct interference in the episode so this does not make much sense here.
May 14, 2014 1:26 PM

Jan 2014
Great animation and this show definitely has a FUN factor working for it. It's not as "epic" to me as everyone else else is saying but maybe that's because I can't help but think this show is half-geared towards wanking material for pubescent 15 year old boys. At its core it's entertaining enough for me to keep watching and i'm still extremely interested at what the rest of this world looks like. The pace seems a bit slow to me for a 12 episode season although I admit I know nothing about the novel so perhaps it's adaption is following it more precisely than I realize.
May 14, 2014 1:26 PM

Mar 2012
Robin6128 said:
Caleb8980 said:

So would the hypernova be regarded as interference?
Because it is indirect interference. These are loophole on the rules.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.