Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2009 8:46 AM
Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice knowing you, Kaorinite.
Nov 12, 2010 4:01 AM

Sep 2009
haha sailor venus as sailor moon :p
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Oct 23, 2011 3:06 AM

Dec 2009
Sailor Venus Moon and Hissatsu Love Me Moon Chain is hilarious xD

And poor Kaorinite -_-'
Jan 10, 2012 1:17 AM

Jun 2010
Usagi having a talisman was a decent conflict but they just throw that potential away. How disappointing. Plus Uranus' apparent appreciation of Usagi's point of view doesn't come across very well since she didn't have to risk anything to help she and the other Sailors. On the contrary, blindsiding Kaorinite was quite easy and convenient. And it's as hard as ever to accept that no one can tell that the schoolgirl with the bizarre hairstyle and the magical girl with the bizarre hairstyle are the same person.

Making fun of the fact that Usagi and Minako have almost the exact same character design makes up for it. As always this series is better at comedy than anything else.
FronzelJan 10, 2012 1:30 AM
Jul 28, 2012 11:35 AM
Mar 2008
That car scene gave me chills, personally. It's incredibly creepy watching someone try to convince someone else to die.

I agree that Usagi having a talisman would have been interesting. It's a shame they didn't go that route.
May 18, 2013 3:47 AM

Jun 2009
I disagree, I think the drama was fairly strong here. Though I do agree that it would have been more interesting if Usagi had had a talisman. Would Haruka try to sacrifice her? Still, the car scene and Haruka deciding to help them was pretty solid stuff. I'm liking her character arc so far.

What I think would be interesting is if Uranus and Neptune had talismans. Would they willingly sacrifice themselves? And, what exactly is silence to cause them to be so desperate?

Oh, and I can't deny the comedy was pretty great here. I'm like really enjoying this season all around.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 11, 2013 12:38 AM

Oct 2008
Disappointed that Usagi didn't have a tailsman. They could've done something interesting with this and turned Haruka and Michiru in to bad guys (at least for now) and the rest of the sailor senshi and Tuxedo mask could've fought them for it after defeating the bad sexy lady.
There could've been a real dilemma here, but whatever, I guess they'll probably get to that later.
Dec 4, 2013 10:54 PM

Sep 2013
that was so good! loved this ep
Feb 10, 2014 11:20 AM
Mar 2013
The epic conclusion to this two-part episode. I like the inner-conflict that they show with Haruka and Michiru about taking Serena's pure heart crystal.

Also I love Minako's sailor moon impression. For you dub watchers, Minako actually says "I'm sailor moon, you tacky tart" xD Nice to see Mina reference the Luna pen. It hasn't been used that much since the first season.
Apr 27, 2014 11:07 PM

Jul 2008
Usagi should have had a talisman, but Kaorinite did go down which was fine, however that had to be the dumbest identity cover up to date and worse they bought it. Unfortunately looks like there is another red head 2nd ready to go.

And also according to the preview, the spoiled brat is back....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Dec 28, 2014 1:09 PM

Aug 2012
Sailor Venus disguising herself was hilarious
Nov 16, 2015 5:51 PM

Jul 2013
I'm disappointed Usagi didn't have a talisman but now I'm even more curious as to who might have one.

Also LOL @ Minako as Sailor Moon.
Jun 22, 2017 12:47 PM

Apr 2016
The replacement of Kaorinite reminds me a lot of when Queen Beryl killed Jadeite and replaced him with Nephrite. Am I the only one getting this feeling?

I was kinda surprised that Usagi wasn't the possessor of a talisman but I liked this episode overall. I guess we won't have to wait too much before all the Sailor Warriors join forces.
Jun 28, 2017 6:58 PM
Jul 2013
kind of disappointed and surprised usagi didn't have a tailisman. that would have been a really great plot twist. the rest of the season could have taken an interesting turn with that.

minako's impression of sailor moon was fantastic, and kaorinite going down was a highlight.
Jul 9, 2017 6:04 PM

Feb 2014
i thought sailor uranus and neptune have known that sailor moon's and the other sailors' real identity from the beginning and thats why they met with minako and usagi at first in the game center. well... i thought wrong i guess but still its more shocking than anything in the chapter for me .

and i agree, car scene was great.
EustassKiddo !
Jul 15, 2017 12:58 AM
Nov 2015
Tokyo Tower Tokyo Tower Tokyo Tower.

When will Tokyo Sky Tree appear in anime?
Jul 15, 2017 1:24 AM
Nov 2015
Perfect episode.

Love how it got meta. "I won't allow you to blow up the TV stations that send happy fun TV programs to living rooms all over the country"

AND MINAKO!!!!!!

Jul 15, 2017 1:25 AM
Nov 2015
Kaorinite will be missed. One of the best 2nd tier villains.

Oh looks like the next one has red hair and wears glasses. GREAT!!!
Sean_NessmanJul 15, 2017 1:30 AM
Jul 15, 2017 1:27 AM
Nov 2015
Fronzel said:
Usagi having a talisman was a decent conflict but they just throw that potential away. How disappointing.

You know what may happen next? Maybe much more important and conflicted characters will be the ones with the talismans.
Nov 19, 2017 3:09 PM

Mar 2014
Too bad Kaorinite is RIP. She was hot

Also lol @ Minako disguising herself as Sailor Moon
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 24, 2018 8:55 PM
Jul 2015
Where did Uranus get such a fatalistic view of the world?

Feb 3, 2018 6:16 AM
Aug 2014
Since the start of the series at least, since she has been willing to sacrifice everyone Kaorinite attacked. She was only somewhat hesitant, but still willing, this time because she liked Usagi. So if they're trying to make me emphasize with her plight they're doing a poor job.

They really need to find one of those talismans soon though.
Oct 14, 2018 4:13 AM

Mar 2017
Holy crap, I did not expect such a goofy, ridiculous conclusion to that serious cliffhanger! I love it! Sailor Moonus is my new favorite Sailor Soldier. :P I loved Usagi's face, she couldn't believe what she just saw. And then the added text during her transformation, it was great! But I have to wonder, why did red lady drop her transformation thingy instead of just keeping it or even smashing it? Seems pretty careless on her part... or dare I say stupid. Then again, all villains so far have been pretty dumb.

I liked the discussion they had in the car, and of course the insert song is always nice. And I also loved how the fact that their powerful attacks need time to power up actually played a role! That and the fact that the transformations aren't treated as instantenous really add a little bit of credibility to the otherwise pretty cheesy Mahou Shoujo genre. (Don't take this as an insult, because these tropes are also a reason why I love it so much!) And holy fuck, that was one brutal end for red lady! Don't mess with Sailor Uranus. I also like how this episode answered one of my earlier questions and showed her attack a bit more clearly. So "World Shaking" is more like a "force bomb" of sorts, a projectile with percussive force. Which explains the way it stunned enemies in an earlier episode a little bit better, as well as the lack of environmental damage. But I am probably the only one who's nerding out over stuff like that. :P

All in all a great episode! It was well worth it to sit through some slightly less amazing filler episodes. Though even those have been more bearable than fillers like we saw them in Sailor Moon R. It's not surprising at all that red lady will be replaced by just another similar enemy, that seems to be the tradition. But Sailor Moon really is at its best when it combines fun action with silly comedy, and this season definitely delivers in that regard!
Sep 24, 2019 7:05 PM

Jun 2015
usagi owning a talisman could've caused a great conflict for uranus and neptune, kind of wish they didn't just throw that brilliant idea away.
Dec 4, 2019 8:45 AM

Jun 2015
The comedy in this episode was so on point LOL; Sailor Venus Moon and Cenicienta's warranty.
Y'all were bamboozled about the talisman thing
It wasn't this time that Usagi was exposed.
May 2, 2020 8:50 AM

Apr 2008
Great episode. Probably my favorite so far.

Venus had to have the wrong hair or we'd realize she actually IS Sailor Moon.
Jan 20, 2021 2:34 PM

Nov 2016
Minako provided a good laugh.

Bye Kaorinite, time for the 5 Witches.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 28, 2022 4:13 AM

Mar 2020
Great episode, the fight with Kaolinite was pretty good, and everyone got their chance to shine, with Uranus and Neptune getting some character development and taking down Kaolinite too.

Aug 20, 2023 8:47 PM

Feb 2020
lol when she had the chance to kill both sailor moon and tuxedo but didn't
;-; well that's just how it is haha

also could have defeated all the main soldiers if they let uranus and neptune go aswell wowza

Oct 20, 2023 4:35 PM
Jan 2018
Even when things are dire, the Sailor Senshi are never serious. Talking directly to the kids who watched the OG broadcast and the reruns is a pretty fun touch tho.

Apparently the senshi can run out of power. I guess they can't spam attacks forever. I guess that explains why Usagi is a one hitter quitter. I'm guessing that fancy group move is how the Senshi beat a big bad in a previous season. Perhaps someday I will watch that episode. But certainly not anytime soon.

Kaolinite ended up being a formidable foe. With a very definitive death. I still don't understand why her crystal attack was redirected at Kaolinite, or why her skin changed to a normal color, but I will chalk it up to the show not really caring about the "little things." Rule of cool is definitely in effect.

Takenori Arisawa is the composer for Sailor Moon S. He's actually was a big deal who did all the OG Sailor Moon music as well as Digimon up to season 4. His music makes this show so much better. And his talent from his previous job doing big deal commercials and jingles is why the eyecatcher and transformation music is so silky smooth and catchy. I wish he lived long enough to do the Sailor Moon remake. Whoever took his place has some big shoes to fill.

Originally I didn't believe that that these super heroines would have trouble breaking down a bunch of shutters, but I guess Kaolinite's force field was indeed the real deal. I already got a taste of Eudial and her organ playing, so I'm looking forward to the next batch of non filler episodes. The next big step is the Animage Grand Prix award winning episode. If you already watched this anime, you probably know which episode I'm talking about. That excellent episode is the whole reason I gave Sailor Moon Super a shot. This show has been pretty great so far.
MFDOOMEDOct 20, 2023 4:41 PM
Mar 24, 1:30 PM
Apr 2021
Kaolinite was the best villain yet, what a beast. Face-tanking the sailor planet attack???? Taking on the Sailor Guardians and Tuxedo Mask 1v8 and nearly winning? It's honestly a rare feat in itself for a villains helper like this to not run away the second an attack gets thrown at them in this show.

This mini arc was great!! Although it's weird Usagi doesn't have a talisman (and makes me question whether they even exist), the moral dilemma Haruka and Michiru faced over having to kill her was some of the strongest writing I've seen from this show. It's very hard to introduce characters into the main cast this late in the show, and even more so to make viewers actually care about them, but Uranus and Neptune are actually great additions to the cast. Their goals and personalities are clear, though their backstories and motivations remain mysterious, and the dynamic they have with the Guardians is really fun. This is shaping up to be the best season of this show yet!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 34 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 22, 2009

20 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.