Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2011 10:23 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Made me think about the badness in me. But good ending.
Jan 30, 2012 4:42 PM

Jun 2010
The Sailor Moon R movie managed to make Usagi compassionate above anything else without making her look like a bungling whiner. Why couldn't this manage it?
Dec 10, 2012 1:12 AM

Jun 2012
Holy, the voice acting in the episode was just phenomenal.
Can't wait to see how this season will wrap up!
Dec 30, 2013 5:22 PM

Sep 2013
ugh in tears... this season is good - despite the whole "IT'S EITHER THIS GIRL OR THE WHOLE WORLD USAGI!" thing. still... <3 no wonder they made hotaru that cute :P
Feb 11, 2014 1:59 PM
Mar 2013
I can't believe Serena handed over the Purity chalice. *Facepalm* There's a limit to her naivety, or so I was hoping.

I loved the flashbacks of Hotaru and Dr.Tomoe. Man that was just adorable. I love those two <3 Damn the sovereign of silence for ruining such a heartfelt moment.

I like the look of the re-awakened Sailor Saturn. She looks awesome. So she can destroy planets? One OP Sailor coming right up.

For being the final end boss Pharoah 90 didn't say much did he? Actually, we don't even know what exactly he is or where he came from.

It was chilling to see Sailor Moon's eyes after she rescued Hotaru. Onto the next episode!
Mar 28, 2014 11:20 PM
Aug 2013
we didn't get to see how that Pharaoh 90 look like or what even happened inside his core :s
but Sailor Saturn she' so awesome. a very epic ep except that part when Usagi fell for Mistress 9 trick and gave her the holy grail ><
May 8, 2014 11:05 PM

Jul 2008
So Saturn is gone like that and Sailor Moon powered up again? I don't know whether or not to like her unyielding naivety.
Apr 19, 2016 8:52 PM
Apr 2015
To answer one reply, Usagi wasn't being a "bungling whiner", she was desperate to save Hotaru and everyone else, and was frustrated that her powerup wasn't working, and if the world was about to end, wouldn't you be crying too?

Great episode btw :D
Apr 19, 2016 8:54 PM
Apr 2015
@WolfWood37

Well Moon was desperate and she only had two choices; hand over the Grail and let Hotaru live, or risk Uranus and Neptune being killed, and she didn't want the Outers to die, nor Hotaru either.
Jul 18, 2017 6:02 AM
Nov 2015
In a more cynical show, with what Usagi is doing, R.I.P. the world.
Jul 18, 2017 6:25 AM
Nov 2015
So.

Pharaoh 90 wanted to send Mistress 9 to earth, by possessing a human. That human just happened to be Hotaru, who happened to be Sailor Saturn. No intention, just by accident.

And, Sailor Saturn just happens to be called Planet of destruction (because of mythology), and has no connection with the real destructive force, Pharaoh 90. No intention, just by accident.

Neptune and Uranus are both misled, in the end, Saturn is not that bad at all, as they feared, she is even beneficial, fighting fire with fire, in the fight against Pharaoh 90.

That said, a lot of stakes and dilemma and good drama are swept away in this plot.
Jul 18, 2017 6:31 AM
Nov 2015
And Usagi is the Messiah?? So surprising!!!!!

I were sure it would be Chibiusa, and how Hotaru's life on the line, her real power would be awaken, or sth. It would be so much interesting when they went all the way with the friendship theme, which Chibiusa is all about this season, and which, in the end, is not really satisfying, because Chibiusa doesn't even get to say a word.

Not that Usagi's transformation is not beautiful, just that Chibiusa in the end is kind of useless in all this. No, she is good good good in S3, but in skill and action and power, nothing. I had thought the way they emphasized how lame Chibiusa's Pink Sugar Heart Attack is a big tease for her ultimate super transformation. But no, she slept through the whole thing.

I love Usagi's more mature design in Messiah form.
Jul 18, 2017 6:36 AM
Nov 2015
Last, this battle doesn't quite click for me as the battle on Tokyo Tower (which is fun as hell, colorful), and battle in Sagrada Familia (the best ever). The expectation after Michiru n Haruka's death may be toooo big, this half just feels paled in comparison.

And, Mugen Academy is not a great setting. Kinda normal, Not much interesting. I had expected the Greek Columns in the OP would make an appearance somewhere, but in the end, all this battle scene boils down to, is a big sphere of purple power.

And, the vision Rei had of the crumbling earth is more threatening and beautiful than what Pharaoh 90 actually did after he arrived.
Sean_NessmanJul 18, 2017 6:39 AM
Feb 19, 2018 3:35 PM
Aug 2014
That was over rather quickly; figured the finale would last two more episodes .
Mar 2, 2018 7:16 AM

Jan 2013
The 'crisis make up' scene is too much. ;-;

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Aug 9, 2018 3:53 PM

Aug 2007
I definitely think this is episode is more about Professor Tomoe's love for his daughter than the final battle of Pharaoh 90. It's about Hotaro's friendship with ChibiUsa after being secluded so long. It's about Uranus and Neptune feeling betrayed that Usagi was so quick to give over the chalice and watch all of their work of trying to protect the world and their undying love for each other (and Pluto) leave so easily.

I totally understand the criticism for this episode, but I also feel like we are forgetting this is a season more about the relationships involved over the antagonist itself.

Nov 10, 2018 4:59 AM

Mar 2017
Holy shit! This is AMAZING! Besides the great action, this episode also had some excellent voice acting from all the girls. When Hotaru / her evil messiah self was breathing hard, it actually felt really authentic, and when Usagi cried in desperation for her transformation to work, I actually got tears in my eyes. Also, finally we got to see Sailor Saturn in person!

I kind of have to wonder what comes after it. This felt very "last episode"-y to me, or like a second to last episode with some sort of epilogue after. But damn, this finale is better than any of the previous ones so far I think. Definitely my favorite season so far! (Unless they totally screw it up somehow in the remaining two episodes, which I doubt is possible)
Jun 11, 2019 10:36 AM
Jun 2016
"To win against Pharaoh 90 after he takes in the Grail, you'd need to create a pure heart crystal that surpasses it!" Well, the Sailor Senshi all have pure hearts. So I guess a powered up Pharaoh 90 is within their realm of defeating it?

I was lowkey expecting to see Sailor Saturn defeating Pharaoh 90 from the inside, as opposed to just seeing flashes of light from the outside, from Usagi, Haruka, and Michiru.

I guess people were right when they were saying that Usagi is the messiah?
Jun 18, 2019 7:33 PM
Mar 2018
Quite possibly one of the greatest episodes of any show i've ever seen.

The storyline, of course, was excellent, with lots of great plot revelations, between Pharoah 90 being summoned to unleash "The Silence", to Hotaru awakening Sailor Saturn, to Hotaru sacrificing herself to be reborn as a baby. But that was only the tip of the iceberg. The intensity of the episode was incredible from start to finish, and the animation and atmosphere created were perfect. So was the emotional intensity. In particular, the scenes where Hotaru's dad holds her in his arms, thinking back to when she was a child and everything was okay, and ESPECIALLY the part where a distraught, sobbing, Sailor Moon is trying to transform into Super Sailor Moon, but to no avail, and just keeps shouting "CRISIS, MAKE-UP" over and over again, louder and more desparate each time, pounding her fist on the ground in frustration until it bleeds, which was one of the most emotionally devestating, crushing scenes i've seen in anything. That might not say a lot about me!!! But still it was really awesome.
Dec 25, 2019 8:15 AM

Jun 2015
Fronzel said:
The Sailor Moon R movie managed to make Usagi compassionate above anything else without making her look like a bungling whiner. Why couldn't this manage it?

Well the movie isn't canon, is it?
Dec 25, 2019 8:18 AM

Jun 2015
__amaterasu__ said:
we didn't get to see how that Pharaoh 90 look like or what even happened inside his core :s

He's shown for a few seconds in the form of a ball with tentacles
May 8, 2020 11:21 AM

Apr 2008
Anybody else notice the girls get choked a lot this season? In previous seasons they would always put their hand up to protect their neck first, in this season they don't. No? Just me then...
Jan 23, 2021 2:30 PM

Nov 2016
Writingwise anticlimatic and too conveniently resolved. I don't mind it for your average episode, but here it's kinda frustating because there was so much potenial and the intensity of the directing and drama was also top.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 22, 2022 12:08 PM

Sep 2020
This was one hell of an episode, usagi at the end gets me evry time
Jan 19, 2023 1:18 AM

Mar 2020
I liked the focus on Hotaru's inner conflict with Mistress 9 and on her emotions, but I thought the fact that Usagi so trustingly gave up the Holy Grail and it all ending well was really stupid and contrived. Well, I guess this is a kids' show. We didn't see enough of Sailor Saturn either, so I'm more sure than ever that this season was cut short by 5-8 episodes. Quite emotional still with Hotaru's sacrifice and Usagi trying desperately to stop it. Strong emotions, but weak plot basically sums up this season, I guess.
EpiccgaymerJan 19, 2023 1:25 AM

Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM
Jan 2018
I shed a tear for the love Tomoe had for his daughter. I'm too grown not to be touched by a father's pain. Usagi's desperation didn't bring tears, but I felt it in my soul. It's kinda funny that an anime that spends most of its time slacking off can be both funnier AND more serious than most shounen anime. This kind of passion is usually something I see in seinen or seinen adjacent properties.

Haruka's tears were real too and I'm glad she said all the stuff I thought. After everything Neptune and Uranus gave up, including most of their humanity, Usagi's stubbornness and plot armor made their entire life/war meaningless. Which would explain why the next ep preview had those two duking it out. Usagi's selfishness should have consequences, unlike Son Goku in Dragon Ball.

I also want to give lowkey props for this anime taking a ridiculous phrase like Crisis Make Up and turning it into something meaningful and potent. A lot of anime and manga will never pull of what this anime did in this episode.

One more shout out for the dead anime eyes Usagi had after blocking Pharoah 90's attack. Anytime the dead eyes show up in an anime, especially this one, you know things are real.
After the first half of next episode, this season is over as the last episode is filler. Finishing this anime right before the end of 2023 is an honor and a privilege.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 34 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 22, 2009

20 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.