Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 1, 2014 1:32 PM

Jul 2013
If there is no further meaning, a further end after death, such as eternal life in "heaven" (non religious sense).

And if life and existence is just the effect of the random process of the universe

Then life seems really special, yet so pointless.

Pointless in the sense that when you're dead everything you've done, for you, becomes pointless. Things may not be pointless in the moments of when you're alive.
May 1, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2012
well as a religious person everything good u did in your life you will get reward for it it

and remember God always forgive your sins.

May 1, 2014 1:37 PM

Nov 2011
It looks like our OP has stumbled upon existentialism.
May 1, 2014 1:38 PM

Jul 2009
AnimeFourteenth said:
well as a religious person everything good u did in your life you will get reward for it it

So if I killed you... as long as I do something nice too, it's all good?
May 1, 2014 1:38 PM

Jul 2013
Kousoku11 said:

For the most part, yes.
May 1, 2014 1:39 PM

Apr 2014
Bacahill said:
AnimeFourteenth said:

You don't even have to do something nice, you just have to repent. The joys of religion.

Feb 2013
Life and death.
Nothing important there.

Nov 2011
Soren333 said:
Kousoku11 said:

For the most part, yes.
Next step might be to try and make this less of a blog and more of a topic to discuss about.

Feb 2014
The thought of eternal paradise interests me.

So I try do good.

And imagine once I die I end up surrounded by women of my wildest dreams.

Drinks and food out of this world literally.

If I just end up back in the dirt non-existing I will be disappointed.
May 1, 2014 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
Kousoku11 said:
Soren333 said:
Kousoku11 said:

For the most part, yes.
Next step might be to try and make this less of a blog and more of a topic to discuss about.

I thought I could hear some opinions about my realization to the potential truth about life. Which in turn, turns into discussion.
May 1, 2014 1:41 PM

Jan 2012
Bacahill said:
AnimeFourteenth said:

Are you a zombie by any chance .(brainless maybe) -maybe you misunderstand me or I didn't explain Good. sorry lol

killling innocent being (irrespective of muslim or non muslim) is one of the biggest sin in Islam. killing one innocent is just like you killed whole of humanity.

Quran says in Surah 5 verse 32
AllenVonSteinMay 1, 2014 1:44 PM

May 1, 2014 1:44 PM

Nov 2011
Soren333 said:
Kousoku11 said:
Soren333 said:
Kousoku11 said:

For the most part, yes.

I thought I could hear some opinions about my realization to the potential truth about life. Which in turn, turns into discussion.
Existentialism 101: each person gives their own meaning to life. Or at least to their own lives.

If you're looking for a potential truth about life, MAL isn't exactly the best choice to search from.
May 1, 2014 1:52 PM

Apr 2014
wat?

well ya know.... theres this thing called procreation
and yuh shure life is liek only special to you if you see it as special if theres anything "worth living life for" or smth
life is simple: find something you want to do or something you like, live life for that thingie then if you want to leave a smudge of how you existed then procreate, do the most villainous thing and be remembered as history's most heinous person, or something liek art or smth.
if ya dont find anything worth living for then end it. if youre too chicken to end it have someone do it for you and you'll be in the newspapers. if you dont want to do neither then thats jast contradkshun and how you kling onta life cuz yu want to do something in life yah?

if you think too much about yer hole existence or w.e then you'll never fall down/go up or walk forward

or smth
Whats That? You think my username is Pretty?! Me too!!....... until I found out it was the name of a JAV actress whom I dont even know.
May 1, 2014 1:52 PM

Jan 2014
Oh well. Pointlessness isn't so bad if your life is enjoyable and interesting. I never quite "got" why people consider the meaningless that comes after the end of your life to be such a bad thing. I try hard to look at that in a negative light, but I can't help but be indifferent/slightly optimistic towards it. Realizing it doesn't change anything about your life, anyway.
May 1, 2014 1:53 PM

Jul 2009
AnimeFourteenth said:
Bacahill said:
AnimeFourteenth said:

Are you a zombie by any chance .(brainless maybe) -maybe you misunderstand me or I didn't explain Good. sorry lol

killling innocent being (irrespective of muslim or non muslim) is one of the biggest sin in Islam. killing one innocent is just like you killed whole of humanity.

Quran says in Surah 5 verse 32

But I'd be forgiven, surely.
May 1, 2014 2:13 PM
Jan 2014
life has no meaning in itself. Meaning is something that is given to entities (such as life) by individuals (such as you).

The statement: "This certain thing X has a meaning", is flawed.
Its better this way: "This person Y thinks that this certain thing X has a meaning, so X has a meaning for Y".

Meaning is a mere concept and doesnt exist whithout humans that apply it to something.
May 1, 2014 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
Sabylas said:
Oh well. Pointlessness isn't so bad if your life is enjoyable and interesting. I never quite "got" why people consider the meaningless that comes after the end of your life to be such a bad thing. I try hard to look at that in a negative light, but I can't help but be indifferent/slightly optimistic towards it. Realizing it doesn't change anything about your life, anyway.

I have to agree with you there.

I think many people tend to view my threads in a negative connotation. Probably because I didn't explain too well.

But I think that even if something is pointless, it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy things or have fun. You can do those, but ultimately it's pointless.

If I see it as pointless then why do it anyways and not just kill myself?

Because the distinction I make is that it becomes pointless AFTER death. But when you live in the moment, PERHAPS at that moment it doesn't have to seem so pointless, since you're enjoying it. And you enjoying is in the present, while the ultimate pointless end is in the far, not yet reached, future.
May 1, 2014 4:27 PM

Jan 2014
Have sex since sex makes babies and babies make your species not die out = biology's meaning of life.
May 1, 2014 4:33 PM

Mar 2014
If its meaningless and we're just some accident, then it is better for all if we just never were. A kernel becomes a popcorn, but for a popcorn to become a kernel again is inconceivable. And if you're never going to be eaten, but to be destined to be a kernel again, why give them hope to start with? It only brings about a temporary suffering.

Life exists and multiplies because it is ephemeral and faulty, and cannot endure eternity, so it resists death by continously multiplying. Instead of just dying once, it'll die billions of times, but something will stay around. That is the only escape. That is great for the strain of life, as it will always be "alive" but it only does so by sacrificing parts of itself all the time to stave off eternal death, but not so great for its pawns, whose only real purpose is to spread its seed for a new generation, and then promptly discards you.
May 1, 2014 4:35 PM

Aug 2013
Life has no meaning by default. You give it your own. It's not that difficult a concept to grasp. Enjoy life your way and savor it before you perish.
May 1, 2014 4:47 PM

Dec 2013
I came to this realization a few years back. My opinion on it is that the point to being alive is to be alive. Beforehand you didn't exist, there you truly had no purpose. Though now that you're alive your purpose is to experience existing. Also just because something has no purpose doesn't mean it isn't valuable.

Value is something people put on things so it's up to you how much value you put on your own life. Though regardless of value everyone as an individual are rarer than diamonds. There will ever be only one you, despite many others similar. Oh and just because your dead doesn't mean your life was pointless. Your actions in life will leave behind purpose.
May 1, 2014 6:34 PM

Aug 2013
Soren333 said:

Pointless in the sense that when you're dead everything you've done, for you, becomes pointless. Things may not be pointless in the moments of when you're alive.

Welcome to the realization of the reality of life. Kind of defeating isn't it when you realize your life was pointless before you were even born, living your life is but a technicality.
May 1, 2014 6:53 PM

May 2013
I dunno, I like to entertain the idea that there is something beyond death to keep my troubled soul calm.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 1, 2014 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
Kibura_Iburasa said:
Soren333 said:

Welcome to the realization of the reality of life. Kind of defeating isn't it when you realize your life was pointless before you were even born, living your life is but a technicality.

hey hey, life may be pointless (I mean the biological purpose of procreation in order to pass on your genes, but really, what's the point of that even?) but you can give it your own purpose

For me? To be happy. Simple as that, I live my life with that one long running goal in mind, if I'm enjoying my life in the present then what else do I really need to ask for?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
May 1, 2014 7:07 PM
Jan 2014
AnimeFourteenth said:

I don't, people forgive themselves.
May 1, 2014 7:22 PM

Aug 2013
Lime_ said:

hey hey, life may be pointless (I mean the biological purpose of procreation in order to pass on your genes, but really, what's the point of that even?) but you can give it your own purpose

For me? To be happy. Simple as that, I live my life with that one long running goal in mind, if I'm enjoying my life in the present then what else do I really need to ask for?

And what if you have never been happy? I mean by now even my track record is starting to get long. You know how like once you reach a certain age you shouldn't still be a virgin. Well its like that but with happiness.

Dull life story.

I'm genuinely surprised anyone find happiness in this world today because looking back I don't see any moment I was glad to be alive to live through. Its just the icing on top that life is meaningless anyway, people suffer for nothing and die just the same as anyone else, life will never owe you anything, especially happiness. So never assume someone can find it, its not set in stone.
SpooksMay 1, 2014 7:38 PM
May 1, 2014 7:23 PM

Mar 2014
I live only to improve surroundings for the people around me whilst also making myself comfortable. As for where I'll go if anywhere when I die? I don't give a fuck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2014 7:58 PM
Jul 2018
Instead of 'existing',

Try and give 'living' a chance
May 1, 2014 10:07 PM

Jun 2008
I enjoy the time spent in my life having fun and experiencing new things.

Caring about stuff like what happens after you die is a bit too much thinking with little value attached. Put it another way, there is no incentive for me to care or think about stuff after I die. I live a life, and enjoying as much as I can with it seems like a good and obvious course of action.

More topics from this board

» Why is fiction so much more appealing than reality?

ZakuF_ - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
26 minutes ago

» Social Security is Ageist

vasipi4946 - 2 hours ago

3 by SimplyBrazen »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » What do you like to travel with most?

Spunkert - Jun 3, 2023

15 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» Wrong to marry/have kids with second cousin?

ZakuF_ - Jun 25

42 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» Decorate your home with The Next Decor

thenextdecor - 3 hours ago

1 by Serafos »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.