Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 20, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that was a tense episode.

I like how Love Live meets with some other pros. I lol'd @ Niko's reactions in this episode though. Priceless XD. The performance was pretty good. The outfit was very catchy though and those moves definitely caught my attention. I'm talking about both the pros and Love Live ofc
Apr 20, 2014 7:09 AM

Dec 2012
Oh man, A-rise is really good at this. No wonder they are the best idol group around.
Apr 20, 2014 9:40 AM

Apr 2011
Damn, that was awesome!

A-Rise sure showed how good they are, but muse certainly won't let themselves get defeated. I wonder why A-Rise's leader dragged Honoka and how she knew muse.

Watching two performances in one episode is fantastic!
Apr 20, 2014 10:45 AM
Jul 2010
Magito said:
Damn, that was awesome!

A-Rise sure showed how good they are, but muse certainly won't let themselves get defeated. I wonder why A-Rise's leader dragged Honoka and how she knew muse.

Watching two performances in one episode is fantastic!

How she knew muse? Like anyone else that watched their videos online. For example, last episode of the first season.
Apr 20, 2014 10:53 AM

Nov 2010
Magito said:

Tsubasa dragged Honoka cause A-Rise has been keeping track of Muse and saw them as rivals in the last Love Live. Also because their number of members were impressive enough to keep them on watch.

Tsubasa - "I just thought I would greet you, Kousaka Honoka-san. When I looked below, I quickly recognized you. Against the video broadcast, the one in person is far more charming."

Erina - "A charm to be able to pull in people. You might even call it charismatic in nature perhaps? Even though there are 9 of you, you still shine."

Tsubasa - "You see, we have been observing you guys."

Anju - "The truth is that in the last Love Live, we thought you guys would be our number 1 rival."

Then they proceed to praise each one of the muse members with their defining characteristics or achievements. Lastly thanking Nico for always bringing flowers for them lol!

I totally loved how Tsubasa kidnapped Honoka xD.
That being said, does anyone think Erina's voice acting is really stiff...?
kuroikishiApr 20, 2014 11:14 AM
Apr 20, 2014 11:00 AM

Sep 2011
I swear, they are adding more and more conditions to this Love Live! in every episode. Also, I never really paid much attention to this before, but seriously, the amount of Honoka's "never give up!" pep talks become way more apparent when watching the raw. Everyone in Muse is really quick to give up for some reason despite being just as enthusiastic as Honoka in the previous episodes.

Anyway, highlights of this episode:

- Umi & Kotori's sponsor message.
- "I want to see Eri in a sexy dress~"
- Kotori's "Sexy Dynamite" line
- Hanayo & Rin being surprised that Maki has friends.
- Hanayo's, "Dareka tasukete!" (x10) before her self-introduction
- Kotori's mom mistaking Honoka for a bomb.
- A-Rise complimenting everyone except Nico (sort of).
- Two performances in one episode, whee!
- The "Yume no Tobira" live had a Printemps solo. Love how everyone was split up into mini idol groups though.

Man, comparing those two lives, I feel like A-Rise's choreography is somehow more eye-catching. Then again, it is easier to coordinate a dance with three people as opposed to nine and they can fit in more moves.

Can't wait for the next episode. The fangirl-shipping side of me is desperately praying for more NicoMaki subtext.

EDIT: Yeah, I think Erina's voice is really stiff. Also, I find it so strange that no one recognizes Muse members outside of Otonokizaka & their families even though they achieved rank like, 18 or 19 in the last Love Live rankings - not to mention that they actually climbed up the ladder REALLY quickly for a starter group. You'd also think that more people would comment on Kotori's alter maid ego.
Apr 20, 2014 2:53 PM

Jul 2010
A direct challenge with A-Rise??? The song and choreography were great for both teams, really different though for both of them. A-Rise felt really powerful and catchy, while Muse was graceful and pretty.
Before this episode, I thought there was only 1 passing team, well am I relieved.
Only their school's students came to watch muse? I really hope they become more popular.
Still to stage their live at A-Rise's school... I can't wait till their results.
Apr 20, 2014 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
Nice to see A-Rise suddenly challeging u's. I didn't expect that one out of nowhere. They seem like nice girls too which is always good.
I loved both songs just as much and I'm really happy to see that this season will have real competition with more lives and PVs from other groups.

Lacked NicoMaki in comparison to the previous one though I'm sure you can all agree that Maki standing/sitting next to Nico everytime is by no means a coincidence and that NicoMaki is totally canon.

LOL @ Nico's "compliment" from A-rise.
Nico's mouse ears won it though <3

Really excited to see them go further into the competition. This season has managed to surpass the previous one already iin my opinion
Apr 20, 2014 3:44 PM

Jun 2012
Hmm...this episode felt a bit rushed? I was kind of surprised they jumped right into the preliminaries at the end of the episode. Looking forward to next week's though! I'm curious to see how they're going to work this competition so that it's not the same few songs over and over (a new song for each section of the competition maybe?)
Apr 20, 2014 4:41 PM

Aug 2009
Finally outfits that aren't chaotic, every girl's outfit was almost the same :D

Tbh I prefer A-RISE songs WAAAAAY more than the U's ones. I feel like the U's are... too cute and too similiar to each other? Then again I don't really listen to pop, so I suppose im not qualified to say so, hm
Apr 20, 2014 4:42 PM
Mar 2012
I've always enjoyed A-RISE's performances more than u's. Quite literally Tsubasa my femme fatale of the group.
Apr 20, 2014 4:46 PM

May 2013
Nice performances by both groups. Can't wait to see what the results are.
Apr 20, 2014 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, that was pretty damn good. This is what I like about Love Live. The music is usually always good and the dances were pretty good as well. Looks like A-RISE is pretty surprised, at least their leader. Though I think A-RISE song was better in terms of actual song performance. U's takes the cake for atmosphere.
Apr 20, 2014 6:34 PM
Jul 2018
Both of the performances of U's and A-Rise were too good. I also loved the musics and the dances in this episode.
Apr 20, 2014 6:44 PM

Apr 2013
I thought I had to wait for another ep for a performance, but seeing two, I am well pleased.

Part of A-RISE's charm for me is that their songs are more upbeat and electronic, and µ's, as said in the ep, is gentle in its way.

lol at Nico sending flowers and her "good points"
tsundere Maki is everything
Apr 20, 2014 7:06 PM

Aug 2012
I got a mini-heart attack when A-RISE showed up. Hah, I totally wasn't expecting that.

I liked A-RISE's performance a lot. µ's performance was great too. One was very techno and the other reminded me of angels.

This is my favorite episode so far. The rivals were likable and it was hard to tell which team I wanted to win.
Apr 20, 2014 7:12 PM

Nov 2007
The episode I have been waiting for! Honoka is always there to steal the show. I always thought she stands out a lot in the group and A-RISE thinks the same too. Also, Maki being Maki was priceless! And the little devil was sending flowers to A-RISE was a good one and her good points, lol.

A-RISE's performance was as expected quite over the top, but I found μ's performance more beautiful. :)

5/5. Simply splendid!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 20, 2014 7:13 PM

Apr 2009
VERY SHOCKING VERY/10
Apr 20, 2014 7:48 PM

Jul 2009
i love the respect they have for honoka. literally the best girl anyway. ;D
Apr 20, 2014 8:47 PM

Apr 2014
That was a nice episode of rivalry between school idols. I couldn't get enough of A-RISE's leaders face after the performance of U's. It was rather surprising for me though. I expected A-RISE to snob or insult U's or something but instead it felt like they became fans of U's and considered them their rivals.
In this episode I consider the performance of U's better than A-RISE for some odd reason. It felt like it had much more impact.

Nico = Cute Devil! Hahaha

Maki was shock Power of A-RISE

Honoka power cheer always undefeated . I was sure that they would be a bit down after watching A-Rise live but hey, I also expected that Honoka will cheer them up without failing!
Apr 20, 2014 8:49 PM

Jul 2013
When I saw some legs moving towards Honoka and the others I was like no.. couldn't be...
Actually turned out to be true. A member from A-Rise meets with Honoka :o
:o The girls at A-Rise haven't been watching and supporting μ's. Cool.
Love the respect they have for the members and especially Honoka :D
Ooh dayum, A-Rise and μ rivalry :D
Loved A-Rise's song and μ's song.
I want more of that. And a bit of rivalry!
Apr 20, 2014 9:05 PM
Sep 2012
Did anyone happen to notice the preview?
Apr 20, 2014 10:13 PM

Apr 2011
Amazing epd. I got to say I loved A-Rise's song way more than U's. Although U's song wasnt bad at all.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Apr 20, 2014 10:21 PM
Mar 2011
Valerant said:

Yes and it worries me. But I love the development with A-Rise! By A-Rise having them preform with them at UTX sends a strong message to all the other Love Live competitors that A-Rise sees μ as worthy opponents. I can't imagine them doing the same to a group they don't respect as rivals.
Apr 20, 2014 10:22 PM

Nov 2010
Valerant said:

Yup... Not sure who it is though.

Honoka's handwriting is sort of rough-ish and not that neat... I doubt she would give up on doing both aikatsu and student council work. I also don't think Umi would quit either of her clubs... She's practically a warrior at heart, so her stubborn determination towards work rivals Honoka once she has committed herself to a job.
Apr 20, 2014 10:33 PM

Jul 2012
I love both performances.

Getting to see two at once, what a treat :D

A-Rise giving out compliments to the whole group and then at Nico...haha xD
Apr 20, 2014 10:44 PM

Jul 2013
Oh S*it it's A-rise, I don't know why I'm fanboying but hey its them in person XD.

A-rise are really prestigious, makes me like them even more. Both of their songs were spot on, excellent singing and choreograph. They are going to have a great friendly rival competition.

Apr 21, 2014 12:26 AM

Apr 2013
2 songs in one episode?? 5/5!

and where can I get one Umi hug doll?
http://i.imgur.com/sUou2WK.jpg
Apr 21, 2014 12:41 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode :D

Loved how much A-RISE respects μ's ^^ Usually in this type of series u'd find the rivals being asses but they're really great rivals :)

Niko being a cute devil was lol XD

Honoka's charisma is truly astounding hehe. After seeing that performance from A-RISE, she immediately managed to make them hyped again ^^

Gotta admit though, personally I liked A-RISE's performance more. This idol group is really good. They're songs are epic :D

Not that I didn't like μ's performance. It was really beautiful :D And Tsubasa's reaction to how good they were is proof to that ^^

I wonder how high they went in the rankings though? They showed the points raising up but they didn't show us the final rank. And they didn't really show us the other people's reactions other than their school friends.

Well I guess that was their cliffhanger XD
Apr 21, 2014 12:42 AM

Jan 2011
Keep forgetting no one has any Malice in this show not how i pictured them meeting A-RISE nonetheless it was great

A-RISE is to good for CG :P
Apr 21, 2014 2:15 AM

Sep 2012
ANIME OF THE FUCKING YEAR

Seriously, what a blast. This episode exceeded my expectations.
We finally get to meet A-Rise, and their 'Shocking Party' song is fucking fabulous. Man, their performance, voices and song is just too good.
Can't wait til hear the full version!
Then we get μ's new song, and while it's no Start:Dash, it's still great. A great performance from them.

Can't wait to see what else this season has in store for us!
Apr 21, 2014 4:21 AM

Jun 2013
Hehe, I was very surprised when Tsubasa kidnapped Honoka ^ ^ I love both performances:):) This new song A-RISE was great! Loved A-Rise's song and μ's song. This episode was awesome.. I can't wait next!!
Apr 21, 2014 4:40 AM

Aug 2013
I still think μ's is better, both performance-wise, and lyrically-speaking. There's more interesting lyrics as compared to A-RISE and their dancing song.

Honoka is #1. Woots
Apr 21, 2014 5:19 AM

Feb 2014
I loled on the part when every member of μ's were receiving compliment from A-RISE except for Nico who only got a "thank you" for sending them flowers.

The rivalry between μ's and A-RISE is on! Both performance was good, I think A-RISE is way more better. But still, μ's was great on this episode.

so different μ's member will hold the feather at the end. Last week Honoka was holding the feather, now it was Umi.
Apr 21, 2014 6:11 AM

Feb 2014
Absolutely love the respect between the two groups this episode, and getting songs from both of them literally is the icing on the cake for this episode from me.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the songs for this season...
Apr 21, 2014 6:44 AM

Apr 2011
paganpoor said:

How she knew muse? Like anyone else that watched their videos online. For example, last episode of the first season.

Oh yeah. I forgot that they've watch muse's performance last season. Heh

kuroikishi said:

Tsubasa dragged Honoka cause A-Rise has been keeping track of Muse and saw them as rivals in the last Love Live. Also because their number of members were impressive enough to keep them on watch.

Okay thanks.

I've finally watch the englisb sub. I understand each of the compliment A-RISE has given each of them. Nico is funny.

I have to wonder. How popular are muse now? They can freely walk but no one seems to look or approach them. The only fan who approach was Maki's fan.

And seeing A-RISE much closer now, I can already say that Tsubasa is really cute. I like her already.
Apr 21, 2014 8:25 AM

Jun 2013
Fell in love in Tsubasa. Hmm but Honoka is number 1 for me ^ ^ μ's probably little has fans.
Apr 21, 2014 8:58 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I thought Tsubasa would be arrogant and all but she's actually pretty nice. A-RISE's academy is off the scale of amazing. I'd sure love to attend that academy.

The performance by A-RISE was certainly very good. Still to me Muse will come out on top. Tsubasa was kind to let Honoka and the the group have a live at their academy as well.That just shows how much they respect muse and how much they want muse to give their all.

LOL at Nico, the cute devil.

Eri-chi and Umi have a weak spot for dressing sexy lol

Tsubasa's expression at the end of Muse's performances left her speechless. However, afterward she smiled because she knew Muse is going to give them a challenge they will cherish.

Apr 21, 2014 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
Does anyone know the songs played in this episode?
Apr 21, 2014 10:03 AM

Apr 2011
Mikenzb said:
Does anyone know the songs played in this episode?

"Shocking Party" by A-RISE and "Door of Dreams" by μ's
MagitoApr 21, 2014 10:20 AM
Apr 21, 2014 10:46 AM

Jun 2011
Magito said:

That being said, does anyone think Erina's voice acting is really stiff...?

Yup, that caught my attention as well. I guess Matsunaga Maho isnt used to voicing deep voice characters. It felt stiff and forced to me. Nonetheless her singing is awesome.

A-RISE's new song and dance was so amazing, really showed us why they are the top school idols. Now i cant wait even more for the ost to release so i can listen to their full song or maybe they will finally have their single. I really like A-RISE's song but comparing them to u's sing this episode seems unfair as the songs are pretty much different genre.
ArcanaTraceApr 21, 2014 10:55 AM
Apr 21, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2013
Oh my god, this episode was really very impressive. And that's one of the reasons why I love Love Live School Idol Project. There's always something what surprises me and makes me staring like a stone. A-RISE was really great, although I didn't like this kind of bilingual singing with the "Nonstop, dancing".
Apr 21, 2014 12:09 PM

Jul 2012
Honoka~! x3 Still my most favorite idol in Love Live! x3

Anyways, really intense episode! I thought, for a moment, A-RISE was going to say something intimidating to Muse's, but, it all turned out well. :3
A performance by A-RISE and Muse's? Really nice episode! x3
Apr 21, 2014 6:23 PM

Jul 2008
Amarrez said:
VERY SHOCKING VERY/10

wow
Apr 21, 2014 7:12 PM

Apr 2011
That next episdoe preview is worrying thought.

Who is resigning? And where are they resigning from?
Apr 21, 2014 7:19 PM

Aug 2013
A-Rise meeting μ's, damn. It is getting intense up in here.

Lol @ the compliments A-Rise gave to each μ's member. At first, they were pretty legit, but then the producers started bullshitting the rest of the way LOLLL
Apr 22, 2014 12:06 AM

May 2011
Did anyone else notice the brief change/error in Honoka's outfit in the beginning of the episode? xD
Apr 22, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2007
「Shocking Party」is stuck in my head again, lol.

「Dancing, dancing, don't stop my dancing♪」(x3)
「Dancing, dancing, let me do♪」
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Apr 22, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
Love both of the songs! Challenge is on!
I would love to hear Muse singing with A-RISE's style though
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Apr 22, 2014 1:25 PM
Jan 2013
Awesome episode!
Anyone know what's the name of ending song in this episode?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

190 by Yuqirin »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

77 by Yuqirin »»
Apr 20, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

143 by Needster »»
Apr 4, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

136 by pompopuri »»
Mar 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

157 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 19, 6:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.