Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Nanatsu no Taizai' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 11, 2014 9:05 AM

Jun 2013
I will cry if A-1 does this.
Apr 11, 2014 9:06 AM

Apr 2010
Oh well that's interesting. I'd only heard of this manga last week and decided to give it a go but I guess I'll just wait for the anime now.
Apr 11, 2014 9:20 AM
Feb 2012
Rightfully so. The manga's gold.

Now watch A-1 get the job.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 11, 2014 9:28 AM

May 2011
I've hearing about the Manga for a while now. It seems interesting so definite watch.
Apr 11, 2014 9:47 AM
Oct 2011
It was just a matter of time with the success it's having, but this early? Still, looking forward to it. Hopefully a proper studio will do it, not A-1 (although I have that really bad feeling they will..)

Red_Keys said:
That ecchi tag is disappointing.

But apparently this manga is actually good according to everybody's reaction here.
The ecchi is really at minimum.
Apr 11, 2014 9:59 AM

Oct 2013
I'll probably watch it. The more the better.
Apr 11, 2014 10:03 AM

Apr 2014
Damn this is nice but it would've been better if they waited until they had enough material if they're gonna do a longrunner.
Apr 11, 2014 11:06 AM

Jul 2011
So many good news lately. My Plan to Read list is slowly emptying.
Apr 11, 2014 11:11 AM

Jun 2012
I've heard good things; hopefully it'll live up to those expectations.
Apr 11, 2014 11:19 AM

Nov 2012
..Aaaand another great manga is being adapted! ^ ^

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Apr 11, 2014 11:23 AM

Sep 2011
Candor said:

Red_Keys said:
That ecchi tag is disappointing.

But apparently this manga is actually good according to everybody's reaction here.
The ecchi is really at minimum.
for manga the ecchi tag seems incredibly misplaced 90% of the time, at this point its bets to always take it with a grain of salt when seen

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 11, 2014 11:55 AM

Jun 2008
I was just waiting for this news.
I haven't picked up the manga myself, but since i hear so much about it i knew it would eventually get an anime adaption.
Apr 11, 2014 12:11 PM

May 2013
Is this going to be a long running shounen? The synopsis makes it seem possible, but the lack of chapters destroy that.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Apr 11, 2014 1:45 PM

Apr 2014
Right on! Hope Pierrot doesn't animate this because they need to focus more on Naruto Shippuuden! We need more episodes like episode 322! xD
Apr 11, 2014 2:03 PM

Oct 2013
That's good news since the manga art style was a turn off for me. I dropped this manga at chapter 23 felt like fairy tale 2.0. but with a anime coming, I will give it another shot.
Apr 11, 2014 2:23 PM

Sep 2011
I'm hoping it's a two 2 cour adapting the first 50 chapters, that wraps us up nicely at the end of the Byzel arc
Apr 11, 2014 3:22 PM

Jul 2013
Was expecting this to get an anime, just not this early. I'm fine with this getting separate cours in order to avoid fillers. Now we just need to know what studio is animating this, I got a bad feeling that it's going to be A-1, but I hope it's not. I would honestly want either Madhouse or Bones to work on this.
Apr 11, 2014 4:07 PM

Mar 2013
Awesome. I reall like this manga s it's nice to know its getting an anime. I wonde who the seiyuus r going to be for the characters.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Apr 11, 2014 4:24 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome.I was planning to read manga from ages, but now i can just watch anime and later read manga if i like it.
Apr 11, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2009
Jumping the gun.
Apr 11, 2014 5:10 PM

Feb 2010
I'm happy for the author, hopefully, he sells much much more because of this. Kinda like Magi, Shingeki boost.

It's a competent battle shounen.
Apr 11, 2014 5:21 PM

Nov 2013
Awesome, can't wait.
[

Apr 11, 2014 5:26 PM

Mar 2013
The time has come
Apr 11, 2014 6:25 PM

Dec 2013
Wait! WHAT?!
As in Suzuki Nakaba's Nanatsu no Taizai?! Animated? For me to see with my own two eyes?
NO ****ING WAY!

I expected an anime adaptation for a manga like this, but this early?
My prayers must have been answered!
Thank you, kami-sama!

I am going to go crazy over this when this starts airing, I swear! XD
Anyway, super-duper hyped for this! ;D
*claps twice*
May they animate this manga well!
Apr 11, 2014 6:28 PM

Dec 2011
I've been waiting for this announcement! Thank you :DD So happy right now!
Apr 11, 2014 6:31 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Holy wow! :D

Been reading the manga but I need to catch up first. D: Anyway, this is great news!
Apr 11, 2014 7:59 PM

Jul 2013
Hype. Not that it was a surprise, we all saw this coming. Please don't give it to A-1 or Toei =(
MinagatachiApr 11, 2014 8:51 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2014 8:16 PM

Mar 2013
I'm dying to know who the seiyuu for the characters r going to be.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Apr 11, 2014 8:52 PM

Mar 2012
i`m not really looking forward to this generic shounen.

i have a question for those manga readers

#1 Is the Main character act like Uzumaki Naruto-clone or Monkey D. Luffy clone?

#2 Is the main heroine really useless?

#3 Are the villains were overpowered and they act like '' BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I`M SO EVIL I`M GONNA DESTROY THE HUMAN RACE AND CONQUER THE WORLD! NO ONE CAN STOP ME NOW HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!'' just like that?

#4 The main character have Deus Ex Machina powers? or Super Saiyan power up clone?

#5 It contains fanservice overdose?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 11, 2014 9:00 PM
Dec 2011
a_cloud said:
oh btw, i think that they need some time( more manga chapters) to complete an anime season to have an arc material. Anyway the sad thing is that from the setup, this aint gonna be an anime to air for too long since the plot seems to be specific, and thus this could end at anytime.Anyway looking forward to it and i beg they dont turn this into any kind of ridiculous ecchi. ENDLESS ACTION FTW.

To be fair it has it's fair share on ecchi, in the off moments as long as it stays faithful i am fine. I actually hope the series doesnt drag on, i dropped most of the long manga series, because i get bored of just adding in more plot point just to extend the series in to oblivion.
Apr 11, 2014 9:02 PM

Feb 2014
Zeta986 said:

#1 Is the Main character act like Uzumaki Naruto-clone or Monkey D. Luffy clone?

#3 Are the villains were overpowered and they act like '' BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I`M SO EVIL I`M GONNA DESTROY THE HUMAN RACE AND CONQUER THE

WORLD! NO ONE CAN STOP ME NOW HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!'' just like that?

#4 The main character have Deus Ex Machina powers? or Super Saiyan power up clone?

Everything. You are completely right. The story is better than fairy tale imo. but yes. It will feel like you are watching one piece and fairy tale together. Not that much fan service though.
If I should believe in God. I should also believe in the tooth fairy. The bible is man made. It was Made by bearded men to try and control people with their beliefs. Off topic. No anime can even come close to Nana. :P

Apr 11, 2014 9:05 PM

Jun 2012
Zeta986 said:
i`m not really looking forward to this generic battle shounen.

Fixed for you.

Zeta986 said:

#3 Are the villains were overpowered and they act like '' BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I`M SO EVIL I`M GONNA DESTROY THE HUMAN RACE AND CONQUER THE WORLD! NO ONE CAN STOP ME NOW HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!'' just like that?

#1 No.

#2 Nope. She's not a fighter but she's not useless either.

#3 There are villians that are overpowered, but they have a reason to be. I guess for the rest of your comments you don't like vilain laughs. Sorry, there are villain laughs.

#4 What is a Super Saiyajin power up clone? I think you're mixing Dragon Ball with Naruto here. And no, the main protagonist doesn't get his powers out of nowhere.

#5 Not really. There is fanservice and ecchi, but not that much.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Apr 11, 2014 9:12 PM

Mar 2013
Get hyped.
Apr 11, 2014 9:13 PM

Feb 2014
Andan210 said:
Zeta986 said:

Fixed for you.

Zeta986 said:

#1 No.

#3 There are villians that are overpowered, but they have a reason to be. I guess for the rest of your comments you don't like vilain laughs. Sorry, there are villain laughs.

#4 What is a Super Saiyajin power up clone? I think you're mixing Dragon Ball with Naruto here. And no, the main protagonist doesn't get his powers out of nowhere.

Bullshit! And you know it. But you are defending a series you like. it's understandable.
If I should believe in God. I should also believe in the tooth fairy. The bible is man made. It was Made by bearded men to try and control people with their beliefs. Off topic. No anime can even come close to Nana. :P

Apr 11, 2014 9:13 PM
Dec 2011
Zeta986 said:

I am still catching up about 10 chapters behind so some of the stuff may be outdated

1. He seems similar to Goku if anyone but there is a lot of mystery with character set up, the persona always seemed like a front to me.

2. Yes/no but she is meant to be there not to fight and be protected, there is a strong female character met early on as well.

3. The Villains seem op at first but they have explanation and answers to the OP powers.

4. He does have what is seems to be a deus exish thing shown early but it is also shown to have limits and repercussions from what i remember.

5. The main character has a some what pervert personality but the fan service is often quick and used as a joke, not during major parts of the series more or less in the off times while they are traveling.

The series also has a large amount of hints and mysteries, with each of the sins having a reason to be called Sins that they wish to atone for and are kept secret from the other as part of their code. The characters seem generic the more you learn about the more interesting they become. This is all my opinion though
Apr 11, 2014 9:15 PM

Jun 2012
Ghost001 said:
Andan210 said:
Zeta986 said:

Fixed for you.

Zeta986 said:

#1 No.

Bullshit! And you know it. But you are defending a series you like. it's understandable.

Where i'm talking bullshit?
Apr 11, 2014 9:17 PM

Feb 2014
Andan210 said:
Ghost001 said:
Andan210 said:
Zeta986 said:

Fixed for you.

Zeta986 said:

#1 No.

From your statement.Only #5 is legit. Everything else is bullshit!

Apr 11, 2014 9:24 PM

Jun 2010
Get fukin rekt! Best news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, this better be four cour to at least reach chapter 50.

Anyways, I was expecting this news anytime now. Finally! Can't wait for our badass Sins.

And as always, I HOPE A-1 IS NOT THE ONE DOING IT or else it'll be another case of A-1 adapting a super popular manga and taking it to dumpster with their shit adaptation.
Apr 11, 2014 9:25 PM

Feb 2014
-MgZ_ said:
Get fukin rekt! Best news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, this better be four cour to at least reach chapter 50.

Anyways, I was expecting this news anytime now. Finally! Can't wait for our badass Sins.

And as always, I HOPE A-1 IS NOT THE ONE DOING IT or else it'll be another case of A-1 adapting a super popular manga and taking it to dumpster with their shit adaptation.

4 cour? and then after that when will the next season comes out? 2020? I think this will be 2 cour like attack on titan.

Apr 11, 2014 9:26 PM

Jun 2012
Ghost001 said:
Andan210 said:
Ghost001 said:
Andan210 said:
Zeta986 said:

Fixed for you.

Zeta986 said:

#1 No.

From your statement.Only #5 is legit. Everything else is bullshit!

Ok, lets see:

#1 How is Meliodas a Luffy/Naruto clone? Seriously. Where?

#2 I guess you could consider her useless if you want a fighter female protagonist, but still, she has moments when she proves her strength in her own way.

#3 Some villains are overpowered, and they reasons to be. There's also villain laughs. I don't see what is wrong here.

#4 We seem to be in a disagreement of what Deus Ex Machina is. For me, is an external element (in this case powers) that are forcibly introduced in the story and that do not follow the story's internal logic. How does Meliodas's powers fall under this?
Apr 12, 2014 12:06 AM

Jul 2013
Zeta986 said:

1. Meliodas is nothing like Naruto or Luffy.
2. In terms of fighting yes, she has good aspects but she's more or less just the damsel in distress most of the time.
3. 99% of the villains we have seen are weaker than the main characters but they can fight on par because the main characters aren't at their primes (throughout the story the Sins are looking for their weapons, and they are quite weak without them)
4. Yep,

5. Not really, a bit here and there, but it's not that bad

MinagatachiApr 12, 2014 12:16 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2014 12:40 AM

Oct 2013
just started reading the manga already read 16 chapters and now i can't wait for the anime :D
Apr 12, 2014 5:03 AM
May 2012
phoenixalia said:
I knew this would get an anime which is why I haven't read the manga. Now I'll wait for the anime and after it's over I'll read the manga.

Dude, what?!?!? This is how I do my shit too :O
You are awesome ^^ We will do the same thing.

Yeah, I knew that this Manga would get an Anime adaption because I have been seeing its name on the "Japan's Weekly Manga and Light Novel Rankings" news every time.
The Manga looks good, can't wait for the adaption :3
TengaiApr 12, 2014 5:06 AM
Apr 12, 2014 5:15 AM
Oct 2008
Tried reading it... though the awful art and equally awful first chapters were extremely off-putting might check it out as long as a decent studio picks it up.
Apr 12, 2014 2:16 PM

Mar 2013
YEES finally! I've been wanting to see this animated for such a long time.
Apr 12, 2014 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
I have tried to get into the manga but that art style is... yeah I might watch the anime and give it a try
Apr 12, 2014 5:44 PM

Aug 2011
Had a crossover with Fairy Tail? Between that and the character designs, I'm quite confident I wouldn't enjoy this even remotely.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Apr 12, 2014 6:11 PM

Jul 2013
pillsbury15 said:
Tried reading it... though the awful art and equally awful first chapters were extremely off-putting might check it out as long as a decent studio picks it up.
BasaraTheSlayer said:
I have tried to get into the manga but that art style is... yeah I might watch the anime and give it a try

This is odd, I thought its art was great. Guess my memory is a bit foggy, I should probably reread some of the older chapters.
Apr 12, 2014 6:15 PM

Oct 2013
BasaraTheSlayer said:

Yea, reminds me of one piece art style. eewwww

Will wait for anime version as well.
Apr 12, 2014 6:49 PM

Aug 2012
keragamming said:
BasaraTheSlayer said:

Yea, reminds me of one piece art style. eewwww

Will wait for anime version as well.
I didn't like it at first, but I got used to it pretty quick. The more I read the better it seems, too.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
1 hour ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
3 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
Yesterday, 2:21 PM

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.