Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 9, 2014 4:16 AM

Aug 2008
I hope Law will do something not just sitting there doing nothing.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 9, 2014 4:19 AM

Feb 2012
Sabo was already OP before he ate the fruit >.>, i cant begin to imagine how powerful he is now(or will become, he has to get use to it). Amazing chapter now people who where doubting this was Sabo can finnaly put it to rest.

Loved how Ussop tales/lies are slowly becoming true XD
Apr 9, 2014 4:19 AM
Jun 2013
finally get to see Sabo's face
Apr 9, 2014 4:21 AM

Apr 2013
Omg this chapter was sooooo funny xD

Usopp became the 2nd coming of God LOL

It was like watching Buggy with his Impel Down prisoners

Apr 9, 2014 4:21 AM
Oct 2009
Amazing chapter, yet there's something that doesn't make sense at all.

Nico Robin was, back then, rescued by the Revolutionary Army, that time when they split ways for two years.
I could understand not knowing and never hearing of some random captain within said Army: after all, you don't usually hear the names of the underlings of an absolutely huge army such as the Dragon's one (which was said to be the only one in the world with enough men to overthrow the government).
Still, Sabo is the fucking second in command. You are BOUND to hear about him sooner or later. Come on, it's as if you were stuck in an a base in America for months and never even remotely heard of the name Obama. That's beyond ridiculous.

TL:DR

A) Nico Robin stayed 2 years with the Revolutionary Army and didn't ever hear the name of its second in command. Never saw it written somewhere, never heard it.
B) She knew about Ace+Luffy+Sabo and still never took up the fact that, oh wait, there's someone called just like your supposed-to-be-dead old comrade. Also, she's a historian of the highest level, and links should form in her head literally in a split second.

I call some major bullshit on this sudden revelation about Sabo.
Apr 9, 2014 4:27 AM

Mar 2014
Oh god ,Sabo just ate it. Oda shows no mercy.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Apr 9, 2014 4:29 AM

Apr 2009
short_review said:
wow ... these ideas are not that bad.

my thought too, haha.

awesome chapter.
i wonder if burgess is still involved in this arc.
Apr 9, 2014 4:31 AM
Oct 2013
Usopp = Buggy v.2

Now, we can see hundred people behind you Usopp.. Well done, I'm so proud of you..

Sabo's + Mera Mera no mi = Hiken no Sabo

For the chapter: masterpiece = epic + awesome + too much goodness - break next week :(

Edit:

kamigawa said:

Nico Robin was, back then, rescued by the Revolutionary Army, that time when they split ways for two years.
I could understand not knowing and never hearing of some random captain within said Army: after all, you don't usually hear the names of the underlings of an absolutely huge army such as the Dragon's one (which was said to be the only one in the world with enough men to overthrow the government).
Still, Sabo is the fucking second in command. You are BOUND to hear about him sooner or later. Come on, it's as if you were stuck in an a base in America for months and never even remotely heard of the name Obama. That's beyond ridiculous.

A) Nico Robin stayed 2 years with the Revolutionary Army and didn't ever hear the name of its second in command. Never saw it written somewhere, never heard it.
B) She knew about Ace+Luffy+Sabo and still never took up the fact that, oh wait, there's someone called just like your supposed-to-be-dead old comrade. Also, she's a historian of the highest level, and links should form in her head literally in a split second.

Hm, is there a chapter that indicates Robin really did or didn't have knowledge about it? Or is it just your assumption that she didn't know? and really? she knows about Luffy + Ace + Sabo? Where did you get that? Can you tell me which chapter? I think there's never in manga that explain about that..

And this is the first I heard about second-in command for revolutionaries, so it's not bullshit because Straw Hat's pretty much live in an isolated place to know much about what happened in 2 years prior except Robin, and the story were told from their point of view..

If you had proof she didn't know and not hear about Sabo at all, can you give me which chapter? Maybe I forgot about it..
niknasrApr 9, 2014 4:53 AM
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Apr 9, 2014 4:43 AM

May 2011
so Usopp and Sabo both become gods :)
and finally we saw Sabo's face.. he didn't change that much, and this Scar on his eye is surely from the explosion back when he was a kid.. those tenryuubito, i really hate them.
i didn't expect Sabo to eat the fruit that fast, i thought he'd give it to luffy or something like that, it's hard thing to be not able to swim again.
5/5
Apr 9, 2014 4:52 AM
Apr 2013
kamigawa said:

Robin definitely knows Sabo. Koala said, that she wants to meet her a few chapters ago. If they know each other Robin almost certainly knows Sabo as well.
I do also think, that she knows about Sabo and Luffy being brothers. She simply didn't mention it yet. It's wouldn't be very surprising, considering her character.
Oda had to keep quiet about that to introduce Sabo the way he did now (which is much better than Robin telling Luffy about it IMO).
Apr 9, 2014 4:57 AM

Nov 2013
kamigawa said:

B) She knew about Ace+Luffy+Sabo

That's where you have a good chance to be wrong =)

Luffy never talked about Sabo to his crew. Oda wrote a flashback about their youth but it was not something Nico Robin or any crewmate could know.

BUT where you are right is about the fact that it's unlikely Nico Robin didn't meet Sabo during these 2 years. It's possible they met and it's possible he told her about Luffy and him, but it's also possible he told her not to talk about him to Luffy and just wait for the day they meet again.
Apr 9, 2014 5:02 AM

Mar 2014
wanderingplayboy said:

Calm down, he has yet to explain anything about MF. I don't see anything wrong with Sabo ate the fruit without hesitation. In fact, giving it to Strawhat crew would make no sense. His very first line was, "Mera mera no mi cannot be given to you, Strawhat Luffy." He doesn't want to give it to Luffy. He might want it for himself. Doesn't sound like he plan to give it to WB pirates too (why should he?). Beside, Luffy doesn't really need it either. Franky didn't want it, I doubt Zoro, Nami, Usopp, or Sanji wants the fruit (tbh, I don't even want it). IIRC Luffy just doesn't like the idea of a stranger (or Burgess) walking around with Ace's fruit.

Ace's fruit is special because it was Ace's. I don't want some supporting charas like Rebecca or the likes to eat it. Sabo's the only one perfect for this, imo.

I agree that there isn't really a great candidate for the fruit, including Sabo but thats just my opinion.I still think that his unexplained absence and failure to help Ace ( especially considering how powerful he is and how nobody in the OP world didn't know about the execution) is going to be almost impossible to justify. I think the author has cornered himself, but lets wait and see.

Other than that it was a great chapter and Dragon seems awesome.
Apr 9, 2014 5:59 AM

Apr 2009
damn i can't wait to get to our "Revolutionary Arc" and see all the commanders and Dragon's crew.
They should be on the level of Shanks's crew

We'll probably see them in some war.
Apr 9, 2014 6:01 AM
Mar 2012
Can't believe sabo just casually ate it, but anything is better than rebecca having it. The usopp joke got annoying and dofla seems to be getting serious. Tbh I don't know how luffy or law could beat him 1on1 but oda will still make it possible through some bullshit like scaring someone to the point of making her lose consciousness and have thousands of toys turned back into humans, that is pure bs.
And I'd rather not have ace's fruit wasted on those weak SHs.
Apr 9, 2014 6:31 AM

Jun 2013
HAHAHA!!! Usopp got Same response as Buggy got from Impel Down prisoners...They think him as god!?!?! LOL!!!!!! Well they just got damn good forces to wipe out the SAD and Flamingo forces.

Woohoo!!! Sabo Got The Fruit!!!! And He is 2IC of the Revolutionary Army!? Imagine how Hell strong he is before he eat that Fruit....He is unstoppable level now!!!! Damn he looks cool. especially the Scar.

Beating has commenced and now flamingos forces are getting wiped down. Tough I knew that Main Boss was not down for the counting just yet. It have to be Luffy that beats the crap out of him.
Law can try to argue...but no way in hell there is a chance that luffy will listen!!! XD

"BIRDCAGE"? I knew that Mingo has some kind backup, but to Law be that afraid?...just what it is....and why i am now feeling unease? Closing entire country to wire cage that cuts anyone leaving to pieces?

10/10 stars!!!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 9, 2014 6:49 AM

May 2013
Wow, what a chapter! Did Usopp already accomplish his goal? He said he wanted to be a "brave warrior of the sea" he got his ass kicked, yet he was brave and he scared that girl. That is brave in my opinion. Usopp is weak compared to everybody in the Strawhat's except for Nami but he was brave. So technically, did Usopp already accomplish his dream? And now Usopp actually has "8,000 followers" they are all buying into it. Usopp now has legendary pirates like Don Chinjao being one of his "followers". Sabo was a beast, we finally seen his face and I'm glad he got the Mera Mera fruit. I'd prefer him over anybody having it. We got crazy set up, for the rest of the arc. Dressrosa is amazing.

Apr 9, 2014 6:52 AM

Dec 2008
It's only been 44 chapters? Feels like this arc's lasted 800 chapters. Can't really see what's so amazing about this chapter. Nothing incredible happened. It was already obvious who would eat the MeraMera, Usopp's scenes were a waste of paper and Flamingo...well. Was obvious.
Apr 9, 2014 6:55 AM

Aug 2012
WELL, this chapter was fucking epic. Not that everything that was predicted happened, still I'm glad it was such a straightforward chapter :D

1. Sabo is finally revealed, and as second in command, which is pretty epic, I did consider he was high, but so high above, that I didn't know. Him taking the fruit was also nice, and the fire fist brought back memories :,)
As to everyone saying bla bla this before eating it, bla bla that. He DID talk to Luffy about it before the match, and it was a decision he already made for himself. It was also in the first chapter he was foreshadowed with Koala indicated that not being at MarineFord hunts him to this day. Also, Robin probably did meet him, but she shouldn't know about the brothers thing, and if Sabo did tell her there's no way he would let her just casually tell Luffy about it. That's not Robins character, either.

And the way he uses the mera mera no mi is in fact amateurish, he doesn't have any of his moves, he at first thought it's hot, he said it's hard etc etc etc. The technique he used might only indicate that he met Ace before Ace died, but I do wonder why Ace hasn't mentioned him to Luffy.

I do get Sabo introducing himself to everyone just now, and not contacting them a long time before. He has made a decision for himself the day he survived, no, even before that. He has been fighting the world for 8 years. I'm really glad it turned out this way. I do hope to see a flashback of him and Ace meeting tho

2. Usopps lies become truth, that's a fact, so it was somehow predictable this day would come, and it was nicely done, the whole scene. Can't wait to see more! Also, when you think about it, every lie Usopp told has and will come true, except the first one - that father will come home, to his mother. /crymore

3. Mingo's alive and pulling tha bird cage , I do like the theory of strings (sounds like physics, lolz references) all across the country. We'll see how it plays out, but this was also the most predictable part. Almost every single part (except second-in-command, and a few details) was obvious to happen, but it was still a great chapter. And after next week hiatus comes a double issue, so I'm pumped up for the next chapter!

I guess now the fights are really taking the stage, all 3 of the highest officers of the Dofla family and most of the introduced lower ones are still alive and kicking, whilst there is still Luffy, Zoro, Sabo, Kyros, and a bunch of strong guys on the other side (well, Usopp won't fight I guess, he and Franky have done their parts of fighting)

There are also the marines. It is possible Sabo will fight Fujitora (marines vs. revolutionaries, kinda fits), and the Dofla family will take on ex-toys and Dressrossa country
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Apr 9, 2014 6:59 AM

Apr 2008
Last week's epic chapter followed by an even more epic chapter? No complaints.

I hope now that Usopp will be known to the world at large by his name, not Sogeking. I'd like to see Yasopp's reaction to Usopp being in the New World.
Apr 9, 2014 7:01 AM
Sep 2012
So did Sado eat the whole fruit? The beginning of the chapters was to make out what was going on. Am I the only one who thinks Rebecca is not going to join the Strawhats but instead join the Revolutionary army.

The great hero Usopp okay, he is an army at his desposal.

So Donflamengo is going to unleash his last resort powerup, we are near the end of the arc. Let's see how Luffy overcomes that and beats him.

Hiatous again, I am seriously worried about the health of Oda, One Piece might end up being an unfinished series.
blfanApr 9, 2014 7:07 AM
Apr 9, 2014 7:30 AM

Aug 2012
I liked the chapter overall but Oda needs to explain himself when it comes to sabo being the number 2 revolutionary...i just don't get how you could be doing this revolutionary shit for so long and this kid that you save becomes your number 2 guy??? hopefully its a mistranslation because i was hoping this was only a teaser of the strength of the revolutionaries.

On another note i think giving sabo the mera mera was too obvious... i would've rather had rebecca take it tbh.
Apr 9, 2014 8:07 AM

Jun 2009
tankoubon-feind said:
I liked the chapter overall but Oda needs to explain himself when it comes to sabo being the number 2 revolutionary...i just don't get how you could be doing this revolutionary shit for so long and this kid that you save becomes your number 2 guy??? hopefully its a mistranslation because i was hoping this was only a teaser of the strength of the revolutionaries.

You realize this is a shonen series? Young people are going to be outclassing adults like crazy.

Plus, Luffy pre-time skip was able to beat up some tough guys like Lucci and Moria. How Sabo was trained hasn't been revealed yet, so he could have just have tons of potential like Luffy.
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.
Apr 9, 2014 8:15 AM
Mar 2014
This Chapter right here....is why One Piece is one of the greatest Manga Series of all time!

Simply perfect. Perfect balance of comedy, plot progression and action. Just Beautiful! And Sabo is a complete BAMF! :D
Apr 9, 2014 8:20 AM

Sep 2013
Ho. Lee. Shit! Sabo and the Mera Mera?!? I definitely didnt see that one coming! Also, its mindboggling how many of you thought Doflamingo was done in.

Unfortunately, Sabo eating the Fruit puts a serious hole in my theory on One Piece's end...
Apr 9, 2014 8:25 AM

Jan 2008
This chapter was so much fun. I couldn't stop laughing when Usopp was rescued and help high for all to see. That was so great. Usopp has his followers and is seen as a god to these people. CAPTAIN USOPP!
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Apr 9, 2014 8:28 AM
Dec 2012
Most epic chapter for this year of every single manga. Oda went so quickly for this chapter, 2pages and Sabo ate the fruit and use hiken. That escalated so quickly. Usopp getting screwed over was hell funny.
Possible scenarios
Sabo and Robin might not have met, or Sabo did not tell Robin about the relationship between Luffy and him to surprise Luffy and his crew.

Sabo was in fact like what someone here said amatuerish he thought it was hot and difficult to control the power. The reason he did Hiken was because it was Ace trademark move and was most well known for it all over the world. Its like us testing new moves in game or trying skills we knew first.
I think Oda mentioned before, Sabo did not went to save Ace because he was caught up in a very serious mission.

Edit: Sabo looked a lot more boyish that I thought, also the scar? He was pretty average build too with similar looks to Coby. His hair reminds me of Ace hair, plus he really looks like a nobleman. All along, I was reading his lines in my mind in a rather deep manly voice
OngPQApr 9, 2014 9:03 AM
Apr 9, 2014 8:39 AM

Sep 2011
This was one of the most disapointing chapters in One Piece for me. First Sabo ate the Mera Mera, he was the last person that I wanted to eat it. Mostly because he's already strong enough as he is and also because his character was already overlapping with Ace now he's basically the same thing except blonde. Second disapointing bit was Sabo's face, his character design looks wrong for someone who is suppose to be 22 he looks way too young. I think Oda's old design for him was better (http://spinybackwebdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/sabo__luffy____ace__3_by_xbooney-d4q6sfo.jpg).

The stuff with Ussop was great though, pretty funny. At this rate I don't think Robin is going to get her 1v1 fight. Also after what just happened I highly doubt Rebecca has any chance of joining the crew. Lastly I really hope Doffy's sudden talking head isn't explained with some asspull about his power. There better be a reasonable explanation as to why he survived, this isn't Fairy Tail.

3/5 for this Chapter, I hope after the break Oda does something awesome because this last chapter has pretty much killed all expectations I had for this arc. At this point I just want it to wrap up quick and move on, since I don't think anyone is going to join and everything from here on out seems predictable.
Apr 9, 2014 8:47 AM

Jun 2011
Usopp is the almighty savoir! In just 5 chapters, he went from coward to Jesus Christ.
8000 followers is no longer a dream for our young hero.

Awesome chapter overall! The Sabo reveal came in a bit sooner than I expected but I'm glad it's done and over with. Sabo the Dragonslayer. Move along Natsu, we've got a new fire dragonslayer here.
I was most interested in what Law said at the end about leaving him chained. Does that have any further implications beyond Dressrosa?

Apr 9, 2014 8:55 AM
Dec 2012
Fullmetal89 said:
This was one of the most disapointing chapters in One Piece for me. First Sabo ate the Mera Mera, he was the last person that I wanted to eat it. Mostly because he's already strong enough as he is and also because his character was already overlapping with Ace now he's basically the same thing except blonde. Second disapointing bit was Sabo's face, his character design looks wrong for someone who is suppose to be 22 he looks way too young. I think Oda's old design for him was better (http://spinybackwebdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/sabo__luffy____ace__3_by_xbooney-d4q6sfo.jpg).

The stuff with Ussop was great though, pretty funny. At this rate I don't think Robin is going to get her 1v1 fight. Also after what just happened I highly doubt Rebecca has any chance of joining the crew. Lastly I really hope Doffy's sudden talking head isn't explained with some asspull about his power. There better be a reasonable explanation as to why he survived, this isn't Fairy Tail.

3/5 for this Chapter, I hope after the break Oda does something awesome because this last chapter has pretty much killed all expectations I had for this arc. At this point I just want it to wrap up quick and move on, since I don't think anyone is going to join and everything from here on out seems predictable.

I have to agree with that, Sabo pretty much resemble Ace same age, same powers and both have are super infamous number 2 for the crew/org they are in. But I mean hey Sabo was only introduced after Ace died right? No point making a new character and making him dead before his story even began. Wish Oda made him a little manlier looking with a bigger build, he is too skinny imo. Before his looks were revealed, he look a little taller and felt manlier. Now he looks about 20 at most.

Rebecca just didnt feel right after Sabo was reintroduced, she pretty much got outshine by him. After Sabo came back, nobody gave a crap about her already LOL. Everything(conspiracies and attention) just revolved around Sabo. Think it got to do his with his devil fruit powers.

How many Oda did wanted the crew members to be 10/11 right?
I never thought Rebecca was a good add anyway, she is a royal princess like Vivi too.
OngPQApr 9, 2014 9:06 AM
Apr 9, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2012
fucking amazing chapter. So we get to see who wins the tournament, who gets the fire fruit, sabo officially revealed, usoop actually gets some of his followers and proves to be extremely useful by getting a bunch of people to rush the palace, Kyros is a bad ass, Donflamingo is alive and shit is about to go down! We are definitely speedily heading towards an arc climax at this point. I wonder if sabo will stay to party with luffy after the arc is done, that would be cool.

I wonder when the next we're actually going to see Sabo actually be challenged in a fight? He seems so rediculously overpowered now, but then again we still don't know what would happen if he tried to fight one of the admirals or a yonkou though. Maybe Sabo is like Rank A+ now and the Admirals/Yonkou are like S-Rank Tier lol.

I'm actually even more interested in what happened to Sanji and the others now, since we haven't seen them in so long. I really wonder how they will get out of that situation, and who exactly was on that big mom ship.

I still feel like we haven't gotten much into law's past, that is one of the things left from this arc that is important as it pertains to donflamingo. Don't know if we'll get another sequence of flashbacks or not now, that things are going in high gear with the tourney ending and everyone rushing the palace.

And that fire fist tribute was awesome. This arc has been so good I'm almost tempted to start watching the anime again, I dropped it halfway through punk hazard I think.

This has been my favorite arc since the strawhats reunited. Fishman Island and Punk Hazard weren't bad, but a little disappointing to me overall. This arc definitely blows them out of the water.
Apr 9, 2014 9:07 AM

Sep 2011
OngPQ said:
Fullmetal89 said:

I have to agree with that, Sabo pretty much resemble Ace same age, same powers and both have are super infamous number 2 for the crew/org they are in. I mean hey Sabo was only introduced after Ace died right? No point making a new character and making him dead before his story even began. Wish Oda made him a little manlier looking with a bigger build, he is too skinny imo. Before his looks were revealed, he look a little taller and felt manlier. Now he looks about 20 at most.

Rebecca just didnt feel right after Sabo was reintroduced, she pretty much got outshine by him. After Sabo came back, nobody gave a crap about her already LOL. Everything(conspiracies and attention) just revolved around Sabo. Think it got to do his with his devil fruit powers.

I never thought Rebecca was a good add anyway, she is a royal princess like Vivi too.

Yeah that's kind of my issue with the whole thing. It feels like Sabo is not his own character but instead a stand in for Ace. The problem is that Sabo as a character, especially after this chapter, is just going to be defined by Ace. They are too similar to be different characters, it no longer feels like Sabo is his own unique character. Also after his complete reveal he doesn't feel the same as the Sabo who was fighting in the arena. As you said he looked a lot manlier and his personality was a lot more refreshing back then.

About Rebecca, while she wasn't my first option for crew member material; I still like Baby 5 best. I would have preferred to see a strong female character get a Logia and defeat a strong character (Diamante) then the predictable outcome that we got. As you said ever since Sabo was re-introduced Rebecca's character has become completely irrelevant. It's a shame she seemed very promising before, now she's just another damsel in distress. I still firmly believe the next crew member will be female, if there is another one. So who knows by the end of this arc someone might join. I just know it sure as hell wont be Rebecca.
Apr 9, 2014 9:10 AM

May 2012
finally able to see Sabo's face, Didnt expect him to have long hair,.
Another Giant for Usopp, looks like his 8000 followers aint just a talk, and it consist of giants and dwarf..

Apr 9, 2014 9:10 AM

Jun 2011
Okay, we get to see Sabo's face, he's cute and all that BUT what the hell is with freaking plot of every single new character having a Haki? Isn't it supposed to be rare. And come oooon... No2. in command after Dragon!? Seriously!? :S
Doffy reminds me of Kasper. :P :P Hahahahaha
Apr 9, 2014 9:13 AM

Sep 2011
AADMC said:
Okay, we get to see Sabo's face, he's cute and all that BUT what the hell is with freaking plot of every single new character having a Haki? Isn't it supposed to be rare.

Only Conquerors Haki is rare, it was stated a while back like before the time-skip I think that most people in the new world are proficient in Haki.
Apr 9, 2014 9:18 AM

Jun 2011
Fullmetal89 said:
AADMC said:
Okay, we get to see Sabo's face, he's cute and all that BUT what the hell is with freaking plot of every single new character having a Haki? Isn't it supposed to be rare.

Only Conquerors Haki is rare, it was stated a while back like before the time-skip I think that most people in the new world are proficient in Haki.

Still Oda-sensei should have thought of something else. For instance we have seen Garp and he's waaaay too strong even without Haki. Okay, it was kinda obvious from the moment Luffy left the arena that Sabo would get the fruit but it's still annoying to see him so strong (not to mention very young) with Haki and not with some other creative power.
Apr 9, 2014 9:19 AM

May 2012
Fullmetal89 said:
AADMC said:

Big flaw is Crocodile cant use haki, hes traveling to new world before alabasta and hes even infamous in new world.. I can feel others about spamming haki.

Apr 9, 2014 9:23 AM

Sep 2011
AADMC said:
Fullmetal89 said:
AADMC said:

Still Oda-sensei should have thought of something else. For instance we have seen Garp and he's waaaay too strong even without Haki. Okay, it was kinda obvious from the moment Luffy left the arena that Sabo would get the fruit but it's still annoying to see him so strong (not to mention very young) with Haki and not with some other creative power.

Just to clarify Garp has and constantly uses Haki. I think the confusion with people is that to make things easier Oda decided to make Haki visible. Which I think he should have done from the beginning so readers wouldn't be confused. Sabo is strong because he's a master of haki, he probably also has Conqueror's Haki. I think being a strong haki user works well for Sabo, more so than having him rely on a devil fruit or some gadgets. Which is why I hated the idea of him getting the fruit. Now he's just another over powered DF user with strong haki. Which brings me back to my original point that he is not indistinguishable from Ace. It's like in this chapter Sabo died and Ace was resurrected in Sabo's body. I know I'm being a bit melodramatic but I just don't like how this chapter played out at all.
Apr 9, 2014 9:25 AM

Sep 2011
Dark_Messiah said:
Fullmetal89 said:
AADMC said:

Big flaw is Crocodile cant use haki, hes traveling to new world before alabasta and hes even infamous in new world.. I can feel others about spamming haki.

You don't know that for sure, he might have learned to use it in the time-skip. Either way his DF power is strong enough that he might not need it to deal with most people. Also knowing haki =/= you are stronger than DF users. All it does is level the playing field.
Apr 9, 2014 9:26 AM

May 2011
Fullmetal89 said:
OngPQ said:
Fullmetal89 said:

I have to agree with that, Sabo pretty much resemble Ace same age, same powers and both have are super infamous number 2 for the crew/org they are in. I mean hey Sabo was only introduced after Ace died right? No point making a new character and making him dead before his story even began. Wish Oda made him a little manlier looking with a bigger build, he is too skinny imo. Before his looks were revealed, he look a little taller and felt manlier. Now he looks about 20 at most.

Yeah that's kind of my issue with the whole thing. It feels like Sabo is not his own character but instead a stand in for Ace. The problem is that Sabo as a character, especially after this chapter, is just going to be defined by Ace. They are too similar to be different characters, it no longer feels like Sabo is his own unique character. Also after his complete reveal he doesn't feel the same as the Sabo who was fighting in the arena. As you said he looked a lot manlier and his personality was a lot more refreshing back then.

About Rebecca, while she wasn't my first option for crew member material; I still like Baby 5 best. I would have preferred to see a strong female character get a Logia and defeat a strong character (Diamante) then the predictable outcome that we got. As you said ever since Sabo was re-introduced Rebecca's character has become completely irrelevant. It's a shame she seemed very promising before, now she's just another damsel in distress. I still firmly believe the next crew member will be female, if there is another one. So who knows by the end of this arc someone might join. I just know it sure as hell wont be Rebecca.

Sabo has his own unique character, but Oda wants him to be a replacement for Ace's role in the story as Luffy's big brother.. that's the problem.
well, his role is bigger then Ace's as Sabo is the general officer of the revolutionary army.
Apr 9, 2014 9:44 AM

May 2012
Fullmetal89 said:
Dark_Messiah said:
Fullmetal89 said:
AADMC said:

You don't know that for sure, he might have learned to use it in the time-skip. Either way his DF power is strong enough that he might not need it to deal with most people. Also knowing haki =/= you are stronger than DF users. All it does is level the playing field.
what I mean is during Alabasta arc, I wonder why he cant use haki when its popular in new world, or maybe hes too overconfidence with his DF that he dont bother learning it.. For sure right now he knows how to use it..
The spamming of haki right now probably because lots of pirates who are DF user, and its highly demand in this era..

Apr 9, 2014 9:54 AM
Sep 2007
Usopp is a god now and as a following, I'm so happy!
Hi
Apr 9, 2014 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
Mixed feeling about Sabo. I was kind of hoping Franky's Mech would get the fruit tbh, would never happen but it would have been badass. At least Rebecca didn't get it though, rather than getting shown up by Sabo she's felt kind of irrelevant from the get go. His design is a bit disappointing too, Luffy's face with Ace's way hair. Looks worse than his original design so i'm not sure why he went with that. I at least hope his role and personality is more unique as the story goes forward.

Usopp bit was great though.
Apr 9, 2014 10:07 AM

Apr 2009
Satan-sama said:
Fullmetal89 said:
OngPQ said:
Fullmetal89 said:

Sabo has his own unique character, but Oda wants him to be a replacement for Ace's role in the story as Luffy's big brother.. that's the problem.
well, his role is bigger then Ace's as Sabo is the general officer of the revolutionary army.

No he doesn't.
Sabo won't stick with luffy, he'll just do his business in this arc and disappear. His role isn't to 'protect' or be a 'big brother' for luffy.
Everyone has their own path and mission! He's with Dragon now
Apr 9, 2014 10:16 AM
May 2013
jpem said:
Mixed feeling about Sabo. I was kind of hoping Franky's Mech would get the fruit tbh, would never happen but it would have been badass. At least Rebecca didn't get it though, rather than getting shown up by Sabo she's felt kind of irrelevant from the get go. His design is a bit disappointing too, Luffy's face with Ace's way hair. Looks worse than his original design so i'm not sure why he went with that. I at least hope his role and personality is more unique as the story goes forward.

Usopp bit was great though.

How would they give the fruit to him if the method of feeding DF to objects hasn't been revealed ? ( seems top secret too). Plus why to his mech lol... franky could make it spit fire and do attacks even better than mera mera attacks just by upgrading it XD
Apr 9, 2014 10:17 AM
Jan 2014
I can already see it, SABO VS FUJITORA

or

SABO VS CP0 (if they are still on dressrosa)
Apr 9, 2014 10:30 AM
Oct 2013
Fullmetal89 said:
OngPQ said:
Fullmetal89 said:

It's too early to judge, he just made a reappearance in this arc.. So far as to say he's acting as a stand-in for Ace is just too much, but I think Dragon have someone like Marco for WB, I cannot wait for the revolutionaries things to come to light.. As for the one who will join SH, I'm pretty sure it's Viola/Violet because:

-She has a bounty although being a royal, we know the bounty ones need to literally cut off their relations with the royal family like what happened to Jinbei..
-Her flashback is shown, kind of
-Her goal doesn't revealed yet
-She helps Sanji and the most important thing she also helps Luffy
-Her power will be a nice addition
-Her personality can be really interesting especially her interactions with Sanji
-More girls will be nice

But, with this quality she also have the chance to join the revolutionary
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Apr 9, 2014 10:32 AM
Mar 2014
the way the pirates were looking at usopp reminded me of when the inmates were looking at buggy as some kind of god and savior
Apr 9, 2014 10:39 AM

Apr 2013
yeah i wish sabo didn't eat the fruit.

honestly and i know this sounds like a total waste of a badass DF

but they should of given it to usopp

he needs a power up and he really deserves on after he risked his neck.

he could even incorporate it into his sniper skills.

like he could shoot oil all over the place and then use a fire attack or something like that

oh well no use crying over spilled milk
Apr 9, 2014 11:14 AM
Jan 2014
Great chapter, worst time to take a break >.<
Calling it now, whenever we get around to taking down Akainu, the one who killed Ace, it will by a Luffy/Sabo team up with the finishing move a simultaneous Fire Fist and Red Hawk!
Apr 9, 2014 11:16 AM

Sep 2011
niknasr said:

It's too early to judge, he just made a reappearance in this arc.. So far as to say he's acting as a stand-in for Ace is just too much, but I think Dragon have someone like Marco for WB, I cannot wait for the revolutionaries things to come to light.. As for the one who will join SH, I'm pretty sure it's Viola/Violet because:

-She has a bounty although being a royal, we know the bounty ones need to literally cut off their relations with the royal family like what happened to Jinbei..
-Her flashback is shown, kind of
-Her goal doesn't revealed yet
-She helps Sanji and the most important thing she also helps Luffy
-Her power will be a nice addition
-Her personality can be really interesting especially her interactions with Sanji
-More girls will be nice

But, with this quality she also have the chance to join the revolutionary

Violet is still a possibility, she's also a Dancer and I suppose that could be useful to the crew like Brook. I like Violet so I wouldn't be disappointing if she joined, though my personal choice would have been Baby 5. Really like her character design and ability. If someone will join at the end of this arc I agree that it will most likely by Violet. Especially if they reveal her dream.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Today, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Today, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Today, 4:20 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.