Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2014 9:19 PM

Jun 2013
FloralHimegimi said:
MIUNA I'M SORRY I HATED YOU, I'M REALLY SORRY!!!!! QAQ
She had one of the good character developments, now that it's finished, I can see it now.

0///0 Sea God is so handsome, Ojoshi-sama's clothes (yes I pay attention to clothing) looks REALLY GREAT!!!! I wish Uroko-sama would change into Sea God's clothes :D

Sayu that hairstyle didn't change anything at all, best you put it back you look plain.

The ending was so light hearted, really nice :)

I wonder what kinds of conflict they'd have to face next to stop the 'end' (was it?) of the land.

The series needs more male characters maybe next season?? I felt that Hikari was the only male there, the other guys were hardly doing anything.
Akira looks like he's going to upgrade to one of the main characters next season. Oooh I wonder if they'll use another timeskip
Maybe they're going to explore the other Sea Villages, oh right there's also Tsumugu's mom issue. (as you can see I'm quite looking forward to the next season)

I'm not sure if anyone noticed it but, Shioshishio looks like that island in Greece, was it called Mykonos??

A next season??! I don't think my heart can take it for waiting a week for the next episodes
Apr 10, 2014 2:51 PM

May 2009
Guys, love polygon was resolved in previous episode. This episode was to make happy ending - save Miuna and wake up Shishio.
Apr 10, 2014 2:53 PM
Aug 2013
was alright. was good first 13 episodes. 6/10. have seen worse.
Apr 10, 2014 7:36 PM

May 2012
I slacked off on studying for 3 finals to marathon through this. It was fucking worth it. Such a beautiful anime with a well rounded story.

9/10

brb need to go cram like a mad man before I flunk school.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Apr 10, 2014 10:20 PM

Aug 2010
Cambiare said:
was alright. was good first 13 episodes. 6/10. have seen worse.

Yeah I was kind of disappointed after the first half 6/10
Apr 11, 2014 8:48 AM

Nov 2009
Excellent Finale!!!

So the time for the last episode arrives and I have to say that I was satisfied with this ending. So the explanation about the Sea God was expanded and so it seems like took the Maiden's ability to fall in love so that she doesn't have to suffer when she finds out that her beloved one from the surface had already died. Then the truth behind those feelings were revealed many years later until this day.

As for the rest, I'm happy to see people from Shioshishio come back again with their reunion with people on the surface and the efforts that everyone took had surely blossomed. So Manaka and Miuna must have realized the Sea God's actions and feelings the most being taken as the Wooden Maiden and everything seems to have gone back to normal.

I liked the way how they ended the series showing everyone back to their everyday life and Shioshishio seems to have recovered from their problem and peace is restored to all the people who live in the sea. Nice to see Akira developing Ena and casually meeting the others there. That Minegishi really might have a chance with Miuna but we don't much hints about that yet though it would be quite random if that actually happened. The salt snowflakes have stopped falling and a happy ending of peace has occurred.

Overall I really enjoyed this series with the beautiful and stunning art along with an interesting story. The characters in this series are really worth noting for as they make a big impact to the entire thing. The development that these characters go through is certainly very important and the changes that have occurred over the course of the series was perhaps the most important thing. Nearly every characters in the entire cast has gone through hardships/difficulties and they have all learned new things and thus developed themselves to look forward into the future. This final episode really emphasizes this as everyone from the sea and surface coexist a lot more than before and have created a unique bond between them.

The overview of the shipping characters:

• Hikari X Manaka: http://i.imgur.com/ZQsALz5.jpg
• Chisaki X Tsumugu: http://i.imgur.com/sAZm0AD.jpg
• Kaname X Sayu: http://i.imgur.com/yfrJosD.jpg
• Miuna? (Possibly with Minegishi-kun?): http://i.imgur.com/yCWqXnE.jpg

No official pairings have actually occurred in my personal opinion but most of the couples are very likely to come true but I seriously question of how Miuna will go from here. Has she actually given up on Hikari after all that or has she simply accepted everything and decides to move on?

The only thing I would say about this series is that no couples were officially confirmed in my personal opinion but were hinted very strongly especially with our main casts. There are some things that were slightly unanswered but nevertheless the message was delivered and was a great watch. That epilogue scene was very well initiated with Hikari and Manaka finally finding their answers and will certainly move on to the right path. It would be nice if we could maybe get an OVA to see how the characters have changed like maybe another time skip to show their progress.

Final Scores:

Art/Animation: 10/10
Story/Plot: 9/10
Characters: 10/10
Music: 9/10
Overall Score: 9/10

Episode Rating: 5/5

Cute moment between Manaka, Tsumugu and Akira;

http://i.imgur.com/On6kPa7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ksHP4lG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mOgFam9.jpg

Apr 11, 2014 12:08 PM

Mar 2013
Disappointed yet again in the people of MAL, weaboos need there hands held to understand an ending. This anime and the ending was beautiful, i understand not all will agree with that but saying ending was unclear? IT WAS CLEAR AS DAY. Its like you have to have a kiss to understand people are couples.

Hikari x Manaka was clearly shown after credits and incredibly cute btw
Tsumugu x Chisaki also clearly defined (she even made Gramps blush!!! >.<)
Sayu x Kaname is clearly hinted at that they are/will be a couple, he just needs time

And also for people saying Muina was left out, what do you think the point of the last scene with the guy that liked her noticing how beautiful she keeps getting. Thats the writer trying to tell the audience (those with brains and eyes) that he wont give up. She only turned him down because she loved Hikari, now that she doesnt have a chance, that guy could easily move in and eventually sweep her off her feet. Humans need love after having their heart broke.

10/10 for me. Possibly my favorite anime ever, had me teary eyes nearly every episode. Brilliant!

::EDIT:: i only read the first two pages of complaints, which are mostly the ding dongs that watch without subs, even tho they obviously dont understand Japanese well enough to accurately guage what is going on before bitching and hitting the comment button. The later comments are a little more enlightened.
DazedonthemoonApr 11, 2014 12:12 PM
Apr 11, 2014 1:00 PM

May 2013
I cried, sue me.
Apr 11, 2014 1:24 PM

Feb 2014
so so beautiful ending, i just finished this. but how to put what i thought in english is hard for me lol, but this is the best ending. 9/10 i really enjoyed this.
Apr 12, 2014 1:01 AM

Dec 2012
Brought me teary eyes more than once.

Bitersweet and painful to watch sometimes, but at the end it gave me all these feels and for that I'll always remember this series.

9 out of 10. Feeling terrible for not being able to give it a 10. Why must you make me Love/Hate you ;_;?
HeddieApr 12, 2014 1:25 AM
Apr 12, 2014 2:00 AM
Sep 2013
Hikari is such an emotional guy, too emotional for my liking but whatever, he's alright.

And you have to be in some FREAKING serious denial if you called this open-ended. As if the final pairings weren't obvious enough a long ago, they smack you in the face with it and you still refuse to believe it. Its okay, the world doesn't revolve around you, it doesn't matter if your waifu or favorite pairing didn't win, just accept it.
Apr 12, 2014 5:20 AM
Sep 2011
Good Ending

I enjoyed this episode but it wasn't the strongest one in the series to be honest.

So the girl we saw in the preview was the Ojou-sama after all ,the previews for PA-works shows are always misleading.The sea god story was the highlight in the episode for me ,you may argue that the decisions he made were selfish but also understandable in my opinion .

I also liked the fact that they left things open,none of the couples are confirmed yet which might be disappointing to some,maybe they will release an OVA or a drama CD for it in the future.

Good show though it's a bit melodramatic ..

8/10
Apr 12, 2014 8:15 PM
Mar 2008
just finished watching,..definitely a good anime overflowed with lot of emotions...nevertheless, this is one of best anime 2013 for me....ahh...i'm gonna miss those characters

PS: chisaki x tsumugu ftw!
Apr 13, 2014 2:10 AM

Jun 2009
Ah, well...

This series started out really good with a very unique and interesting setting. Unfortunately they decided to not really further explore this after the time skip and it was just a love dodecahedron.

7/10
Apr 13, 2014 4:19 AM

Oct 2012
This needs an OVA to conclude the series. I want a solid Hikari x Manaka pair.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Apr 13, 2014 3:56 PM
Nov 2012
Dazedonthemoon said:
Disappointed yet again in the people of MAL, weaboos need there hands held to understand an ending. This anime and the ending was beautiful, i understand not all will agree with that but saying ending was unclear? IT WAS CLEAR AS DAY. Its like you have to have a kiss to understand people are couples.

Hikari x Manaka was clearly shown after credits and incredibly cute btw
Tsumugu x Chisaki also clearly defined (she even made Gramps blush!!! >.<)
Sayu x Kaname is clearly hinted at that they are/will be a couple, he just needs time

And also for people saying Muina was left out, what do you think the point of the last scene with the guy that liked her noticing how beautiful she keeps getting. Thats the writer trying to tell the audience (those with brains and eyes) that he wont give up. She only turned him down because she loved Hikari, now that she doesnt have a chance, that guy could easily move in and eventually sweep her off her feet. Humans need love after having their heart broke.

10/10 for me. Possibly my favorite anime ever, had me teary eyes nearly every episode. Brilliant!

::EDIT:: i only read the first two pages of complaints, which are mostly the ding dongs that watch without subs, even tho they obviously dont understand Japanese well enough to accurately guage what is going on before bitching and hitting the comment button. The later comments are a little more enlightened.

THANK GOD

I did the same thing, I read the first couple of pages and was like wtf WTF? such a great ending with clear cut pairings and resolution, also the artwork was amazing (i watched it all on 1080)

man this anime really beat my expectations
Apr 13, 2014 10:52 PM

Sep 2013
...so does Miuna still love Hikari?

Overall great series even though it was too melodramatic. Gorgeous visuals and setting with a memorable cast.
sic mundus
Apr 14, 2014 1:20 PM

Jan 2013
When they all came back and the land people saw the sea people and everyone got along i cried so fucking hard it hurt.
Apr 14, 2014 6:36 PM
Aug 2012
I will now ship Hikari x Manaka x Miuna from here on out and no one can stop me.

MrNTR said:
just accept it.
Never.

Overall I think it was a very good show throughout. Even though the only end pairing I liked was Kaname x Sayu, it didn't really keep me from enjoying the show. Would have been better if they at least did a little more worldbuilding than they did, which is to say none at all.

8/10
Apr 14, 2014 6:43 PM
Jun 2013
Hikari is a fool choosing an old hag
Apr 14, 2014 8:04 PM
Dec 2012
A satisfying ending. Sorry, it's beautiful ending. Art and OST is amazing, the problem is the story when a bit too slow, that's all. Recommended for people who like love trapezium. Hope that Miunax(Don't know who that random guy is, Insert Name Here).

From my Probably False INFO:(Who are those 4 children chasing Akira?)
First is child of MiunaxClassmate Guy
Second is child of TsumuguxChisaki
Third is child of HikarixManaka
Forth is child of KanamexSayu
GBSHITMALANDGNApr 15, 2014 2:53 AM
Apr 15, 2014 12:01 AM

May 2009
Rastafa21 said:
...so does Miuna still love Hikari?

She most likely does, but has accepted that Hikari at the very least cares about her as well, even if it's not romantic feelings he harbors for her.

Miuna should probably try to see if she can make things work with that boy who confessed to her back then. If Kaname can accept that Chisaki doesn't love him and settle for Sayu instead, I don't see why Miuna can't do the same.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2014 10:21 AM

Feb 2013
Really an outstanding portrayal of the story, where everything mattered and led to something. Maybe it went a bit too far in creating a love story that involved so many, although it managed to end it all in a very realistic way.

Very interesting how the first cour was mostly light-hearted with hints to drama scattered here and there, before reaching its climax by the end of the 13th episode. That was really important and, I must say, something that not many anime have nowadays. The build-up of the characters and the "attachment" to them for the viewers form really nicely and naturally, they simply do. By doing so, what happens in the second part of the story doesn't feel overly melodramatic or self-imposed, because you really feel something for them. There is only one thing that really bit me on the side: Chisaki living normally while everyone else was hibernated. I don't know why, I simply can't appreciate that. It was probably meant to create a "hole" in her heart that could only be filled by another love (Tsumugu), but it still saddens me to see her grown up when the others are still teens. You know, it's the feeling of losing five years your youth and changing, leaving all your friends behind. I guess I sometime get picky about things like this. Overall, I would consider it a 9/10, but it managed to get me to really love it with a wonderful execution, coupled with outstanding animation and soundtracks, so it gets a 10/10. Props to P.A. Works.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Apr 15, 2014 9:51 PM

Jan 2008
BlackCrescent said:

From my Probably False INFO:(Who are those 4 children chasing Akira?)
First is child of MiunaxClassmate Guy
Second is child of TsumuguxChisaki
Third is child of HikarixManaka
Forth is child of KanamexSayu

Definitely not. At that time, Hikari and the others were still in middle/high school, so there's no way those were their children. They were probably children from the sea Akira befriended or something.
Apr 16, 2014 4:00 AM

May 2013
Nice ending
Could have been more conclusive

8.5/10
Apr 17, 2014 1:52 AM

Sep 2013
It was fun, but I can't shake the feeling that I've wasted my time on it. 6/10
Apr 17, 2014 11:16 AM

Mar 2014
Dazedonthemoon said:
This anime and the ending was beautiful, i understand not all will agree with that but saying ending was unclear? IT WAS CLEAR AS DAY. Its like you have to have a kiss to understand people are

Completely agree. the relationships were well defined by the end. All three were in the early stages of the relationship of course, but the writers gave a lot more than hints. Each of the characters recognized and responded to each others feelings.

Putting that aside, this anime dove into alot of good subjects and I really got me attached to the characters. It was simply beautiful. For me atmosphere and details is the difference between a good anime and a masterpiece, so seeing all the detail that was placed into the audio and the animation blew me away. One thing in particular was the echo effect that serious conversations had under the water. The Openings and Endings fit very well with the setting particularly the first ending and the second Opening for me.

Don't get me wrong this anime was not perfect there were some definite things that bothered me. A quick example is the exaggerated size of the characters tears; most of the time it was only a little out of place, but in episode 11 Miuna's tears were ridiculously huge. And for me the drama was a little heavy, but that really comes down to personal taste.

This is honestly one of the best romantic/dramas I have seen. The drama was good, but about what you would expect from the genre. However the details are where it truly shines. 9/10 I applaud this anime.
But that's just one opinion.
Apr 19, 2014 9:38 AM

Apr 2011
I feel a bit disappointed at the ending. It was rather open...I think

I would have given this show a perfect 10 if Miuna ended with Hikari so....

Its a 9/10. Still a great show.

At least Miuna is alive and smiling...but giving up on her first love is...whatever!

Still 9/10 overall. Period.
Apr 19, 2014 12:36 PM

Feb 2013
Magito said:
I feel a bit disappointed at the ending. It was rather open...I think

I would have given this show a perfect 10 if Miuna ended with Hikari so....

Its a 9/10. Still a great show.

At least Miuna is alive and smiling...but giving up on her first love is...whatever!

Still 9/10 overall. Period.

Yeah, well it wasn't really that open. We got a pretty good confirmation for Tsumugu x Chisaki, Hikari x Manaka and future development for Kaname x Sayu. For me, it would have been a 9/10 if Hikari actually ended up with Miuna. Manaka was all I needed to round it up to 10/10.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Apr 20, 2014 4:09 AM

Sep 2012
AlexGK said:
Touma94 said:
Open ending, no couples just hints. At least there was no drama. Good work Okada.

I call this bad writing. Not having the guts to finish your own story. What a letdown. So we got the AnoHana ending after all.
Ugh, I can't help but agree. Finishing this episode just made me wanting more, but not in a good way. I feel dissatisfied.

Everybody complaining about it being open ended isn't saying that they didn't understand it, but that it was incredibly unsatisfying to have SO much relationship buildup.. but then only have it resolved in "hints" and little subtle things. The drama in my opinion just feels misguided. So much emphasis is put on making everything as DRAMATIC as possible, with all the over-exaggerated sobbing and wailing, the forced dialogue with the cheesy "feelings" crap, shrieking each other's names over and over again. All of that stuff was so explicit and in-your-face it almost became cringe worthy. I really dislike the "bigger = better" approach when it comes to romantic fueled drama. It always comes off as forced and corny.

The time for writing subtleties should be in the characters' individual growth. What they learned from the experience, and how they changed as a person. The resolutions to the characters' problems should be expressed to the audience in a subtle believable way (as opposed to screaming and sobbing). The time for writing subtleties is NOT in the freaking relationships that were built up so damn much from the very first episode. That's where the utter explicitness should have come in. We should have a concrete, "they are in a relationship" ending. Anything else is just disappointing and feels unfinished.

I mean, it's like they did it on purpose. When everybody was saved at the end, and they were back on the ice, and Hikari locked eyes with Manaka and understood that she had her memories back. I was so ready for a kiss scene, or at least a hug. But no, Manaka goes and runs to.. Miuna? And starts like, hugging her and being all melodramatic and shit. Am I the only one who felt really disappointed with that? I mean, the whole theme with "feelings" and all that was embodied in her feelings for Hikari. Her forgetting her love for Hikari was the main fucking driving point of the drama in most of the second half of the show. And now finally, finally, she gets them back. After her countless narrations of saying that she loved Hikari. And then they meet at last! And she just... blows him off. WFT? That one moment made everything, everything, about feelings and forgetting and remembering and sadness and happiness and love that was built up so much just completely fall the fuck apart.

I think my biggest problem with the second half of the show was how they pretty much made Miuna into the central character. It's not that I disliked her, but I feel that everything about her character is just so melodramatic, and it was all presented in an over the top way, that I just couldn't connect with her. Not to mention that making her the central character pretty much robbed the other main characters (the ones I actually cared about) of screen time and relationship/character developments. Bleh. Her character reminded me of the sister from SAO to be honest. I feel like Kaname and Tsugumu's characters were neglected big time.

All in all, I really enjoyed this series. The visuals were absolutely gorgeous, and the OST was beautiful. But there is a lot about it that I feel was just.. mediocre and cliche. Japan seems to have a really nasty tendency to stay away from solid, concrete, explicit, everything-wrapped-up endings.

8/10
Red_KeysApr 20, 2014 4:17 AM
Apr 23, 2014 11:29 AM

Mar 2012
8/10
some of drama felt really forced.
I enjoy the visual experience the most out of this anime.
Apr 25, 2014 6:39 PM
Dec 2013
Oh my God! It's finally over! The second half of the anime was a nightmare of epic proportions. It dropped from 10/10 in my book to 7/10 and it's not because I didn't like the pairings or the ending. It's just that all the drama was so forced and unreal.

A 19 year old claiming she has no right to love another because she's been in love with someone since she was a toddler? Really? These characters were 14 for crying out loud. Does that "love" really last like that? Miuna and Sayu fell in love when they were 9? What the hell? I guess Sayu was fallback for Kaname.

Some of the stuff the author pulled were just unreal. Worst part? At the end it all meant nothing. Even the likes of Miuna somehow moved on just because... Yet she was unable to do it the entire show. Then at the end it just all became alright because Hikari screamed a bit and Manaka's pendant melted? The Seagod somehow understood? Deus Ex Machina?

Man, I'm really hating the lower score I had to give this especially because it's one of the most beautiful anime I've ever seen. Oh well, 7/10 it is.
Apr 26, 2014 12:35 AM

Nov 2012
8.6/10

Main couple was very annoying for me I disliked them, but that don't change fact that characters was strongest part of anime.

What could be better? Few elements of anime was taken out of ass that just made me -.^''

Expect that everything was perfect.
Apr 27, 2014 7:41 PM

Sep 2012
Awesome. Really great series <3

Season 2!! pls
Apr 28, 2014 1:18 AM
Feb 2011
Thank god this is over. I can't stand this crap anymore.
Apr 28, 2014 2:11 AM

Apr 2013
Endzeit said:
Thank god this is over. I can't stand this crap anymore.

Calm down Kid.

No one told you to watch it if you "can't stand this crap anymore".
Apr 28, 2014 12:45 PM

Dec 2012
Great anime. Could have been better with a bit of changes, some episodes just dragged, but the second half was a very pleasant surprise. 8.5 but I will just keep it as 9.
Apr 28, 2014 3:16 PM
Jul 2013
Okay uhm why were they wearing their old uniform in the last scene?
Apr 29, 2014 4:11 PM
Sep 2010
Sigh... I am very sad that it didnt end up with Hikari anD Miuna... Miuna lost her first love... (TOT)

Ending was satisfying though.

And hey, if you think positively then you will notice that the author left Miuna alone so she could become my WAIFU!

Thank you author-san. I will give Miuna happiness.
May 1, 2014 8:44 PM

Feb 2012
I like that end. Inspirational and moving; it made me feel good after watching it.
May 2, 2014 1:13 AM

Jan 2009
1. The ending was pretty predictable. Was just waiting for hikari to do his deux-ex stuff make it all end.

2. Loved the 5-year-gap. Just reminded me how change can really affect us

3. At least the hook-ups weren't predictable. The series really took off after the 5-year-gap started

Overall: 7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 3, 2014 8:50 AM

Jan 2011
I think one of my main beefs with this show is how it presented love and how bad it was that Manaka lost it. It made me.. uncomfortable, as some who has questioned their sexuality and romantic-orientation. I'm asexual and fairly non-romantic, and I guess the show's morals kind of hit me hard. In a bad way.

In essence, I thought the demonizing of 'not having any love' (love seemingly being romance, since Manaka didn't seem to lack affection for friends or family) was pretty bad. I was hoping it'd redeem itself like, "Manaka doesn't have any love at all! Of any type!"

But nope. I guess I should have expected this with a rom anime but still...

I might just be overly sensitive. B(
May 4, 2014 5:16 AM

Aug 2013
My expectations have been blown away, I was so amazed at this anime. the art was simply amazing and the OST was beautiful, reminds me of Clannad a little bit.

I didn't watch this anime because of the romance, rather i watched it because I though that a major theme in the anime would be about racism (which it is but wasn't a very major theme nor was it a minor one).

Nonetheless the scene where the sea villagers wake up and head to the surface and Akari sees her dad and starts crying, man did that have me going, and was quite a defining moment for me as I watching it.

The scene where Miuna was diving down to save Manaka, the moment where Miuna grabs her, was anyone like, "CMON START SWIMMING UP, DONT STAY THERE, START SWIMMING UP!!!"

I felt an equal like towards both Miuna and Manaka so I actually don't care who Hikari ends up with, still I do believe that they should've made an official relationship but i don't mind. Its hard even deciding myself, Manaka or Miuna.
May 5, 2014 6:56 AM

Jul 2009
What, Chisaki x Tsumugu?
Guess I'll give this show 1/10.

Another anime with disappointing pairing.
May 7, 2014 7:59 PM
Aug 2007
Hmm.. I'm glad Miuna didn't stay down there and I liked that we got a happy ending.

I usually don't give a crap about "shipping" people with one another, but I was quite pleased that love blossomed between Tsumugu and Chisaki.. they seemed like an unlikely couple IMO, but it makes sense when you consider that 14-19 are fairly defining years of a persons life.

It makes MUCH more sense than 8-9 year olds falling in love with 14 year olds and holding that love for 5 years despite the absence of their loved one.

Anyway.

The anime is soooooooooo pretty btw. The OPs alone has so many desktop-background-worthy scenes. The OST is quite nice as well.

Overall, I've really enjoyed following these characters, and I loved the concept of the "sudden" 5 year gap between a group of childhood friends. The world is also fairly well build and interesting. Would have liked to have seen a bit more.. I mean, the whole story takes place in this small village and its relationship with that particular little bit of sea. I do wonder if Shioshishio was the ONLY underwater community, or if people around the world even knew about it, etc..

I'll give it an 8/10.. mainly for the relatively poor/slow start and the characters being a bit too stubborn (possibly unrealitically) at times..
May 7, 2014 11:54 PM

Jul 2013
kazewa said:
What, Chisaki x Tsumugu?
Guess I'll give this show 1/10.

Another anime with disappointing pairing.
haha yeah I agree. I've watched a lot of romance anime where the end pair was disappointing but Chisaki X Tsumugu pairing is just taking the disappointment to a whole new level
May 8, 2014 1:21 AM

Sep 2010
Raitei said:
Hmm.. I'm glad Miuna didn't stay down there and I liked that we got a happy ending.

I usually don't give a crap about "shipping" people with one another, but I was quite pleased that love blossomed between Tsumugu and Chisaki.. they seemed like an unlikely couple IMO, but it makes sense when you consider that 14-19 are fairly defining years of a persons life.

It makes MUCH more sense than 8-9 year olds falling in love with 14 year olds and holding that love for 5 years despite the absence of their loved one.

Agreed. Only Manaka/Hikari and Chisaki/Tsumugu made an ounce of sense. I was fine with Sayu/Kaname potential until she pulled the whole how she changed for him and it was a little creepy, but she was very aware her feelings were unrealistic, so I rolled with it. At least they are still in limbo, so there's plenty of time to salvage it (besides Sayu's easily the most likeable female character and it's not like she or Kaname got a lot of characterization :( ).

Miuna, on the other hand, smells too much to lonely otaku pandering fantasy which is fine in some cheap gross harem show but it was out of place in a show focusing on growing up drama. Thankfully, she was salvaged in episode 20. I'm glad it was shot down. Hopefully, she'll find love again with that classmate or someone else.

Lulu-chama said:
In essence, I thought the demonizing of 'not having any love' (love seemingly being romance, since Manaka didn't seem to lack affection for friends or family) was pretty bad. I was hoping it'd redeem itself like, "Manaka doesn't have any love at all! Of any type!"(

They were speaking of love in general in the end. I think Manaka could feel affection but not love. She looked confused and empty eyed by glancing at Akari comforting and helping Akira, which was a familial example.
ThessMay 8, 2014 1:28 AM
May 8, 2014 9:45 PM

Jan 2014
Oh god. Tsumugu x Chisaki I didn't like either. Not a horrible ending though. Not sure about other things as well. I'd definitely watch a season 2 though. Oh well.
8.5/10 is what I give it.

Have to round down to 8 though since decimals aren't a thing...
May 9, 2014 2:29 AM

Apr 2013
Syndrical said:
Oh god. Tsumugu x Chisaki I didn't like either. Not a horrible ending though. Not sure about other things as well. I'd definitely watch a season 2 though. Oh well.
8.5/10 is what I give it.

Have to round down to 8 though since decimals aren't a thing...

Why round down rather than up? Its orthodox that digits 0,1,2,3,4, are meant to be rounded down while 5,6,7,8,9 round up.

Just saying since I'm a tad bit curious.
Pages (14) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

186 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

168 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.