Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Saki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 6, 2009 10:39 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saki vs Hisa vs Momo

This shit is so epic

Sep 6, 2009 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
All vs. Saki, that is really not nice.
I thought of other match-ups, but this one looks promising. South round Nanpo doesnt have 'the' incredible playing style I wished, but as a counter to Yuuki it worked :v
Sep 6, 2009 1:00 PM

Feb 2008
Well if they try to play usually game then Saki get what she want, oh well it's looks in the previews Saki figure out how to make her the kong.
Saki was holding back the whole tournament and play +-0 again and Nodoka blame her for holding back and told her about they promise, oh that's so funny. It was bad of you to forget about the promise. :(
If Saki didn't hold back from beginning she probably be the one that become 1st overall and not Yuuki.
I wonder when Saki going to play with Kazue or did that already past. Yuuki got pwnd when she changed to South. :P

I wonder if Saki can see Momoko in stealth mode now.

Also next previews she play with Mihoko once again and let's see how she going to deal with her.
BlackbirdSep 6, 2009 1:18 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 6, 2009 1:34 PM

Jan 2009
Damn. Another laughable episode.

I just can't stop laughing whenever Momo plays. Her ability is the most amazing in multiple ways, and it's the only one that seems to extend outside of just Mahjong, which is why I find it amusing.

Saki getting plus/minus zero again was kinda cool.
It'd be cool if Saki was just like "I don't need Kans" and wins with other hands and scares everyone. :\
IaMP with me.
Sep 6, 2009 2:04 PM

Nov 2007
At this point I think its safe to say the 3 people winning will be South girl, Yumi, and Captain
Sep 6, 2009 2:44 PM

Feb 2008
In the previews she was able to win with a Kan in this last match and almost wonder myself how they going to do with episode 24 and 25, don't tell me they going to do fast game with her sister or something like that then I would go crazy haha, but they probably meet in Tokyo.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 6, 2009 3:03 PM
Jun 2007
Blackbird said:
In the previews she was able to win with a Kan in this last match and almost wonder myself how they going to do with episode 24 and 25, don't tell me they going to do fast game with her sister or something like that then I would go crazy haha, but they probably meet in Tokyo.

I'm pretty sure its gonna be a cliffhanger. lol
Sep 6, 2009 4:16 PM

Feb 2008
Saki still have chance to qualify to national in this tournament, like everyone else. In this tournament it's look like they teasing Saki

1st: Mihoko (She qualify for sure, look at her leading points.
2nd: Kazue
3rd: Unknown (:S)

Sep 6, 2009 4:41 PM

Apr 2009
lol not fair to team up on one person >.<
But i dunno wat to expect now..
Im going for Hisa/Saki, one of them has to win =P

Sep 6, 2009 4:57 PM

Sep 2008
what full power, they are just cowards, that know that saki is more powerfull
it would be nice if she won with another super hand like koromo`s ones
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 6, 2009 5:46 PM

Apr 2008
HAHA~ all three against Saki .. must be despo

Sep 6, 2009 5:48 PM

May 2008
since there is no way to beat Saki , stopping her kongs is the only way to win, and the only way to stop her kongs is to gang up on her so i wouldnt say that they are being unfair

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 6, 2009 6:08 PM

Aug 2008
Triple-teamed! Oh, that was a fun entendre. Anyways, Saki being the way that she is, being the main character and such, she's going to somehow figure it out and beat everyone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2009 9:28 PM

Jul 2008
Hahaha Momoko just did what she shouldn't have. Sure she think to have an advantage now but she just breaked the straight zone that they were making to hold Saki off.
They are playing low hand giving them low point, it would need only one big hand from Saki to win the game and Momoko just opened a way to that, when playing against Saki that's what I call suicide.

I'm expecting Saki to win this match but I wouldn't be surprised if, after all, she let Hisa win without nobody noticing.
Sep 6, 2009 9:35 PM

Nov 2008
Nice build up ep. will be nice to see how Saki will claim victory.
I don't think Saki will lose, but Hisa would probabely put up a nice fight.
hi
Sep 6, 2009 9:42 PM

Sep 2008
Moelicious episode~
Sep 6, 2009 11:12 PM

Nov 2007
Kyoutarou has a crush on Mihoko? lol. At first i thought that it was Saki who was dreaming about Nodoka... xD

Everyone against Saki was a very nice match-up. Though, I love how Momoko goes into 'Stealth Mode' in the end of the episode since I was waiting for her to do that

Ooh, I can't wait for the next episode! Also, Tsuruga ED. xD

Sep 7, 2009 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
Ryuukishi said:
Kyoutarou has a crush on Mihoko? lol. At first i thought that it was Saki who was dreaming about Nodoka... xD

Me too^^, but it's just Kyou-chan <3 big tits :P

I don't think they won't let Saki go to the nationals, because it's a possibility to face her sister twice. It may probably end with Saki needs to Ron Hisa with some incredible hand (yakuman?), with which she will win but Hisa doesn't have the chance to qualify anymore :v
Sep 7, 2009 1:18 AM
Mar 2009
I'm really hoping the author of this series is male, cos if a female wrote this series where EVERY FRIGGIN' FEMALE IS A CLOSET LESBIAN (except for taco's), then I will be extremely disturbed.

Frankly, this episode disappointed compared to previous ones, the beginning was win, until they came out of the dream and just had the pathetic sleeping Kyoutaro.

Also, why the hell does Nodoka have to ruin everything? LET SAKI PLAY THE +-0 GAME! It's awesome shit, and would get everyone talking about her rather than the winners in any case.

Sep 7, 2009 1:42 AM

Feb 2008
The reason Nodoka want Saki to play seriously since is not fun to people holding back in my case I would think the same, holding back and not playing seriously is just boring and yet nobody have notice about it without looking at her score.

Sep 7, 2009 2:04 AM

Jun 2008
I get the gut feeling that Saki will find her tune in this game too, and get in scary mahjong playing mode again.
Sep 7, 2009 2:23 AM

May 2009
Hisa better win. Shes just so fucking awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2009 6:13 AM

Jul 2008
Awww, once again a cute and awesome episode. You just have to love Saki, nee nee ? ♥

Sep 7, 2009 8:29 AM

Jul 2008
chinlamp said:
I'm really hoping the author of this series is male, cos if a female wrote this series where EVERY FRIGGIN' FEMALE IS A CLOSET LESBIAN (except for taco's), then I will be extremely disturbed.

Manga don't have lesbi crap, that's stupid anime-only thing.
Sep 7, 2009 9:36 AM

Jul 2008
lolz the game goes on XD

maxime1007 said:
chinlamp said:

Manga don't have lesbi crap, that's stupid anime-only thing.

lmao as expected of Gonzo
Sep 7, 2009 1:30 PM
Oct 2007
I would like Hisa to win. But I'm guessing Saki will. This would give her a real chance in facing her sister alone in the case that they lose the team tournament or that Saki doesn't get matched up with her sister in the team tournament.
Sep 8, 2009 1:23 AM

Jul 2009
awesome episode
IMO, saki will win with a melted kong
too bad for hisa

@game

i would never expected you to steal saki thread here xD
bruh
Sep 8, 2009 12:09 PM

Jul 2008
woah thought it woudl be pretty boring but the end was made of win. alliance against skai haha thats awesome, i love you president <3

Sep 9, 2009 10:05 AM
Feb 2009
pff... some1 was right about saki holding back becoz not every1 can go to national...

1st mihoko is sure to win
2nd nodoka is going steady (i hope she lose and give other chance to go to national but i know that is quite impossible...)
3rd kazue (dont u dare to lose easily, that will be very disappointing...>.<)

argh... yumi, touka, hajime, kana and others... what happens to u all?!

o.o looks like mutsuki and kaori got disqualified... (looks like newbie luck didnt help kaori much XD)
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 10, 2009 10:16 PM
Jul 2009
that was awesome, 3v1 beatdown of Saki hehehe. Can't wait to see if/how she can overcome that, and whether they can handle stealth Momo. Hisa trying to prepare Saki for tougher opponents in nationals maybe?
Sep 10, 2009 11:08 PM

Jul 2008
mephi said:
that was awesome, 3v1 beatdown of Saki hehehe. Can't wait to see if/how she can overcome that, and whether they can handle stealth Momo. Hisa trying to prepare Saki for tougher opponents in nationals maybe?

Those three are far from being weak player even if they aren't nationnal level they can take Saki down as long as they team up. Momoko betrayed the alliance when she had the most to gain and thus leading the match right now.
That is enough for Saki to do a yakuman and take the lead, Momoko think that she's safe but she's far from it.
Pretty much stupid imo, they could have holded Saki all the way if it wasn't for Momoko.
Sep 11, 2009 3:37 PM

Jul 2009
Just picked up this series and watched trough all 22, not the best anime I've seen especially not when you only know the basic rules of mahjong =P

It's the moe and subtle yuri that keeps things interesting ;)

Though I must say I really hate that Momoko character and her "abillity", it's totally unrealistic and laughable.
I mean come on, there are 4 peoples sitting around a ~1x1meter table and the whole game is more or less to keep track of your opponents moves and discards, so I hardly think anyone would just "forget" the forth player and their tiles.
Sep 11, 2009 6:44 PM

Jul 2008
EternalDreamer said:
Just picked up this series and watched trough all 22, not the best anime I've seen especially not when you only know the basic rules of mahjong =P

Though I must say I really hate that Momoko character and her "abillity", it's totally unrealistic and laughable.
I mean come on, there are 4 peoples sitting around a ~1x1meter table and the whole game is more or less to keep track of your opponents moves and discards, so I hardly think anyone would just "forget" the forth player and their tiles.

Well it's true that you don't know well mahjong =/. Saki's ability is way more impossible that Momoko's, the chance to do what she do is ridiculously low. Take a dice, roll it and get around 1000 time the same number and you wouldn't even be near what it would take to do what Saki did versus Koromo.
Sep 12, 2009 4:17 AM

Jul 2009
maxime1007 said:
EternalDreamer said:

Well it's true that you don't know well mahjong =/. Saki's ability is way more impossible that Momoko's, the chance to do what she do is ridiculously low. Take a dice, roll it and get around 1000 time the same number and you wouldn't even be near what it would take to do what Saki did versus Koromo.

Well yeah but that goes for the most things everyone in this series does, they all have the devils luck.

Though still it's more "realistic" to call it just that 'luck', instead of having some on and off stealth mode like a RPG rogue.

I mean there are some peoples here in the real world that seems to have unrealistic high percentage of luck, I know for a fact that a friend of mine is like that.
He always seems to be getting the best hands in poker (well any card game) and while playing Yahtzee it's like the dices respond to his command and always gives him what he need =S

Needles to say it's not very fun to play against him because he win most of the time :P
EternalDreamerSep 12, 2009 4:25 AM
Sep 12, 2009 6:33 AM

Jul 2008
Please, don't compare Saki's luck with your friend's, they are world apart XD.
Between Momoko power is not to become invisble but to go unnoticed that's different, she don't have control over it but she take advantage of it. This exist in real life at a lower degree, Momoko is an extreme to it.
Sep 12, 2009 9:17 AM

Jul 2009
maxime1007 said:
Please, don't compare Saki's luck with your friend's, they are world apart XD.
Between Momoko power is not to become invisble but to go unnoticed that's different, she don't have control over it but she take advantage of it. This exist in real life at a lower degree, Momoko is an extreme to it.

Yeah I guess your right.
But still it just feels to unreal for me =P

Especially in this episode when she more or less turns it on and just disappears from everyones vision.
Someone having luck beyond comparison is still more plausible than three peoples just suddenly forgets about you and your tiles because you wish it too be so.

At least for me it is xD
Sep 12, 2009 4:07 PM

Nov 2007
What decisive tactics they had there.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 13, 2009 11:04 AM

Jul 2008
I also wish Hisa could win... I guess she's my favorite character in this... and her and Mihoko going to the nationals together would be <3, too... xD

but then there's this Saki >_>
Sep 15, 2009 9:40 PM

Nov 2007
lol return of stealth Momo, and everyone is ganging up on Saki =/
Sep 19, 2009 2:12 AM
Sep 2009
Hisa is soo sneaky!!! i love it!!!! but i do want saki to prove she an play another way... but with momo going stealth the 'straight zone' will be over.. and she will probably just remember the computer training hisa made her do and not care if momo disapears and whomp them with a tsump after kong :(

but i still love this show!!! and can't wait to see how it goes :)
Sep 24, 2009 1:11 AM

May 2008
All vs. Saki, that is really not nice.
I thought of other match-ups, but this one looks promising. South round Nanpo doesnt have 'the' incredible playing style I wished, but as a counter to Yuuki it worked :v
Oct 4, 2009 9:12 PM

Dec 2007
It was good episode. I knew that Saki was holding back until Nodoka told her to play seriously. I hope that Hisa wins because she is so awesome. Mihoko will have 1st place since she have more leading points. As for 2nd and 3rd place, Saki = 2nd and Nodoka = 3rd
Oct 19, 2009 8:33 PM

Jul 2008
saki is in trouble, not only is she facing off against invisible girl, but also one of her teammates who knows exactly how she plays
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 22, 2009 1:28 AM

Sep 2009
hmm...I wonder who will win. Seems like Saki might have a comeback..but I'm not sure.
Aug 21, 2010 10:14 PM

Jun 2009
I think out of everyone Stealth Momo is my least favorite.
It is not as if one can actually make it so that their tiles appear as nothing,
so I can't stand the idea. Everyone at that table is high level players
there is no way they would be tricked into not noticing her tiles.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Feb 9, 2013 6:45 PM

Jul 2008
Suzune-chan said:
I think out of everyone Stealth Momo is my least favorite.
It is not as if one can actually make it so that their tiles appear as nothing,
so I can't stand the idea. Everyone at that table is high level players
there is no way they would be tricked into not noticing her tiles.

I completely agree. I can let myself believe that most of the players have a special skill, like Saki's kans, Kazekoshi's captain's eye, Yuuki being strong during the east round, being able to sense the "flow" of the match, etc.

But actually turning invisible when there are only four players, you are all sitting in a circle, and they KNOW you are there makes no sense to me. Especially the part about her discards also disappearing. They are obviously going to be looking at them. They wouldn't just not be there.
Apr 21, 2014 2:58 PM

May 2012
Hoho this is going to be a heavy battle! Great episode!
Dec 8, 2014 4:01 AM

Mar 2014
Kyou fantasies though .. haha !!
The battle for the top three scorers for the national tournaments commence !!
The newcomer of the south , wins from a fast and 'windy' style of diversion !!
So that's the reason why saki is just playing nicely and fine .. well , It did sounded sensible and If I were her , I also will choose the losing way but a promise is a promise , break it or fix it .
Enjoying the serious mode of everyone .. It's gonna be amazing ~ !!
Scheme for the Straight zone !! A hat trick that opposes kan combos !!
Vanishing Actuality !! The shallow moves from Stealth Momo !!
Pretty Great Episode !!! concealed sights !!
Jan 19, 2016 10:10 AM

Dec 2010
Momo is kind of sweet, but in the same time kind of not. I hope that President will prevail in the end no matter what, though.

The best ED.
Apr 7, 2016 12:37 AM

Feb 2013
Just kiss already. You know you want too.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

2 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 10, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

starrysky - Sep 27, 2009

125 by KenZync »»
Jan 8, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Plate - Apr 19, 2009

72 by Losthevy »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Saki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Plate - Apr 5, 2009

155 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 11, 2023 12:02 AM

» Is this interesting enough for me???

Sylpheed - Jun 30, 2009

4 by removed-user »»
Jan 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.